[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I have an electric blanket What do you think about My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
>tfw I have an electric blanket

What do you think about My Dinner with Andre?
>>
>>70447744

Who got the check?
>>
>>70447744
>americans actually use electric blankets
>not just having a proper hot water bottle to save electricity
>>
>>70447804
>British people actually use hot water bottles
>not living in the barn sleeping in the hay with the animals
>>
>>70447774
>We got the bill, and Andre paid for our dinner.
>>
>>70447804
>grow up considering hot water bottles some relic from a hundred years ago
>talk to britbongs
>they legitimately use them

Join the fucking 20th century at least.
>>
>Andre abandoned his wife and children for years because of a middle life crisis so he could go travel in remote parts of the world and pretend to be enlightened
>>
>>70447744
>Andre Gregory was born in Paris, France, in 1934 to Russian Jewish parents
>>
File: 1442936808039.jpg (34 KB, 408x352) Image search: [Google]
1442936808039.jpg
34 KB, 408x352
>>70447744
Saw it last night
Might be one of the best movies I've ever seen, but also quite possibly the most depressing, because I realised that there might not actually be a way out of the "dream"
>>
File: My Dinner with the Nagus.jpg (106 KB, 691x530) Image search: [Google]
My Dinner with the Nagus.jpg
106 KB, 691x530
I really liked it when they referenced this kino in Star Trek.

>Listen well, Quark, my boy: I would never give up my holographic blanket. I mean, because Ferenginar is cold in the winter. I mean, the Tower of Commerce is cold! And it's always winter on Ferenginar. It's a difficult environment, not fit for even a Breen. I mean, our life is tough enough as it is. I'm not looking for ways to get rid of the material possessions that provide relief and comfort, for a reasonable price. I mean, on the contrary, I'm looking for more opportunities to raise sales of consumable goods, because the market is very lucrative. I mean, I'm trying to protect us all because, really, there's these potential profits to be acquired everywhere you look!
>>
Is this movie a meme? A joke? Does it actually exist? Just two people sitting and having dinner and "talking"? And it's the "greatest movie ever"? What the fuck?
>>
>>70447744
The most pretentious movie ever made
It made me retroactively hate black moon
>>
>>70448083
Not enough car chases or lightsabers to pique your interest?
>>
>>70448167
>le reductio ad absurdum fallacy
I'm sorry your brain is so tiny and stunted you can't envision any alternative other than to jump to the exact opposite extreme
>>
who else had the My Dinner with Andre action figures? I liked them because what you can do is reenact the whole scene where the two guys talk to each other and say, boy I'm sure glad you found a good restaurant, it's so hard to get in these days who do you know? Oh I just called, made a call, spur of the moment. Oh you, you can always get a reservation. That's not from the movie but you can make up your own dialogue.
>>
>>70448204
I'm sorry that your brain is so tiny and stunted that you can't envision a movie which is comprised primarily of only two people sitting and talking.

>>70448206
Who would win in a fight, Andre or Batman? Well, thanks to my action figures, I now know the answer.
>>
>>70448316
>duhurrr i can only repeat the same thing because i have no argument to stand on
Congratulations, you've achieved the level of wit of a common five year-old.
>>
Do you think Andre was ever embarrassed by Wally? He didn't seem to know how to properly behave at a nice restaurant. Whenever he whines about the size of the quail (which even if they were big, would not be served in massive portions at a fine restaurant) and the waiter gives him a look I just cringe. Damn, Wally.
>>
>>70448053
wait, really?
>>
File: hurricaneneddy5.png (134 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
hurricaneneddy5.png
134 KB, 512x384
>>70448083
>Is this movie a meme?
Yes anon, everything's a meme.
>>
I thought the movie was good whenever Wallace and Andre would actual engage in conversation or debate.

So much of the movie is us watching Andre pretentiously ramble on about enlightenment and shit.
>>
>>70449274
Agreed. It's not that Andre's long monologues (which are kind of rude? I mean come on Andre) are bad but they're not as interesting as the actual conversation.
>>
Andre is the eloquent personification of liberal art majors.
>>
>>70447804
I know, mate, I don't know why those Americunts bother when there are perfectly good pigs to sleep with in the barn.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.