[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any 3rd parts that don't drop in quality compared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: Kung_Fu_Panda_3_poster.jpg (116 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
Kung_Fu_Panda_3_poster.jpg
116 KB, 300x443
Are there any 3rd parts that don't drop in quality compared to the rest of the trilogy?

Can't even think of single example, so pic is the latest one to disappoint me instead.
>>
Star Wars original trillogy
>>
The Bourne Trilogy
>>
Revenge of the Sith. It was just as bad as the rest of the prequels
>>
>>70447603
kek this watch all the contrarians come and tell you differently though.
>>
>>70447547
indiana jones
star wars OT
Gamera 3

word is thor 3 will actually be good
>>
>>70447593
>>70447674
>star wars OT
But Empire is better than RoTJ.
>>
>>70447602
I'll add to this by saying it's the only trilogy in which each successive one is better than the last.
>>
>>70447711
Its still on par with New Hope
>>
>>70447711
a thing called consitent quality
police story 3 and indy 3 arent the best of their series but they stay in the quality threshold

compare to terminator 3 that DOES drop far below the quality range of 1 and 2
>>
Toy Story, 3 is easily the best
>>
>>70447547
What's wrong with this? I kinda wanted to see it, and my little sister does too so I'd have an excuse to go watch it
>>
>>70447807
Not at all. Almost a rehash
>>
>>70447807
How was going to prom this year?
>>
>>70447807
I sort of agree. I like 3 the best. Although I like the others. for me it is 3,1 then 2
>>
File: q4kNNGVG.jpg (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
q4kNNGVG.jpg
55 KB, 400x400
I hate to be that guy but...
>>
>>70447713
3>1>2
>>
>>70447547
>>70447828

This movie was so disappointing. Felt like the first of the three to be rushed and kind of had a cashgrabby vibe given how they just made it so there ARE lots of pandas now.

I really hate the trope of how an adopted character's father or mother eventually finds them and brings them to their "homeland". The last two movies finished setting up that Po knew where his home and was and who his family was and it didn't matter if all the pandas were dead. But no nevermind here are eight million pandas and Po's dad is alive.

Plus the characters were just kind of off and everything was... meh. Like how everyone kind of shit on Po in the beginning because he couldn't teach the class? What the fuck, this guy saved like all of China twice and has clearly shown he's a kung fu legend or whatever but people laugh at him because he doesn't know how to teach? Nobody there is a teacher except the little Dustin Hoffman bunny guy. I dunno maybe it makes me an autist to care this much but the first two films melded cartoon family fun shit with adult enjoyable humor, and they had good stories and the characters were great, and then this one just feels so mediocre like they had to crap out a third one to a) keep the franchise relevant and of course b) keep the gravy train rolling. There are a ton of ways they could have made a third one awesome but it ended up being just okay. Villain was mostly forgettable since he was just some guy from the past who was strong because he just was.

Also
>le all pandas are fat and lazy like Po
>>
>>70449379
Agreed 2 is underrated as fuck though, i'd honestly put it up with some of pixar's best.
>>
File: billwilson.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
billwilson.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
A movie comes to mind...
>>
>>70450080
>2 is underrated as fuck though
I thought everybody liked it.
>>
>>70450168
Being unintentionally funny doesn't make it good.
>>
>>70447663
Revenge of this Sith is objectively better than all three movies in the OT.

The OT being great is a meme. The acting is shit, the effects have aged so terribly it isn't even watchable, the pacing is a god awful mess.

The only argument for the original trilogy is that it was better for its time, but I don't even think this is true. I have seen many movies from the same era and older that hold up much better, and had a much better cast and writing. The only reason the OT is even famous is because it was something different and had a lot of memorable lines.

The prequels are better movies in virtually every way possible.
>>
>>70450207
for you
>>
>>70447547
Death Wish 3.
>>
File: 1443409909686.png (227 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1443409909686.png
227 KB, 500x384
>>70447547
Movie 3 is always the permanent cash grab

The love and passion for a movie is gone. All that's left are corporate guys in suits asking "How do we sell this?"

I very rarely watch 3rd installments of any movie cause it's never the same.
>>
>>70450176
I'm talking in the sense that I think it's as good as some of pixars stuff which gets a lot more critical praise. People liked it but I feel the fact that it's called Kung Fu Panda holds people back from mentioning it as much.
>>
Undisputed
>>
>>70450222
Now this is autism
>>
>>70450297
>uncut

Okay we get it uncircumcised is better jesus.
>>
Obviously lord of the rings
>>
>>70450309
Everything I have said is true though. A few years back me and a few friends decided to watch the OT again. We got halfway through ANH and couldn't finish. There is no getting around the fact that the movies have aged like utter shit. And anything that could redeem the outdated effects is just as shit (acting, script, etc). Back in the day when the OT came out the effects seemed very realistic to people so the films were mindblowing. All of that appeal is gone. Its basically how people will view the hobit films 40 years from now, but I doubt they will have a massive 'le geek culture' cult following that gets triggered anytime anyone correctly calls them out as the piece of shit that they are.
>>
>>70450222
>the effects have aged so terribly
>coming from someone defending the prequels
please tell me this is bait
>>
>>70450292
People are a hivemind anon, what do you expect? To the masses only Pixar and Disney matter (and Minions).

I honestly can't wait for Pixar to fall into the pit of sequels it's gonna be churning out over the coming years so other animation studios have a chance to get some attention.
>>
>>70450429
I admire your dedication.
>>
>>70450446
The CGI in the prequels hasn't aged well either, but OT is on a whole different tier of bad. The puppets look more fake than kermit the frog. You can see fucking wires on the x wings. Its completely immersion breaking and much too laughable to be entertaining in the way it was intended.
>>
>>70450520
Yes, it was pretty hard to make it half way through. I personally wanted to stop watching after the first ten minutes. The real dedication is the 'fans' who desperately defend what they know deep down in their hearts to be poorly aged schlock as if it is great cinema on par with gone with the wind and ben hur.
>>
File: Ducks Fly Together.jpg (46 KB, 334x475) Image search: [Google]
Ducks Fly Together.jpg
46 KB, 334x475
crashing this thread with no survivors
>>
>>70448025
this
>>
>>70447674
>movie in weak franchise will be good without any indication
>>
>>70450429

Wow, you're seriously a massive faggot. I'd honestly like to harm you and I know you're just trolling but holy shit I hope you literally die
>>
>>70450741
>without any indication

The plot details that have been released are the indication. The plot sounds good as fuck, and plot has always been the main problem with Thor movies
>>
>>70450804
Typical OT baby, no actual reasons given for why the OT should be considered good. Just baseless vitriol. You people are all the same. You just assume that people will give the OT praise because that is what has become the norm in modern nerd culture. These movies have a stature that is undeserved, and any time anyone points this out the fans point to its stature, rather than anything of actual merit that can be pinpointed.
>>
>>70447547
Lord of the Rings

Captain America
>>
>>70450885
Well, how about I just knock you flat on you're ass you troll, that sound any better to you? Just name the time and the place and I'll be there.
>>
captain america is the only trilogy that goes 3>2>1
>>
Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban
>>
>>70453077
Agree on this, literally the only good one.
>>
>>70452216
A lot of people think the man with no name trilogy is goes like that as well
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.