[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paul Thomas Anderson and Daniel Day-Lewis reuniting for new movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: n-not in public daniel senpai.jpg (53 KB, 474x700) Image search: [Google]
n-not in public daniel senpai.jpg
53 KB, 474x700
Why aren't you fags talking about this?
I thought you pleb memers loved "based PTA" and "based DDL"?

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/06/daniel-day-lewis-and-paul-thomas-anderson-are-reuniting
>>
>Why aren't you fags talking about this?

There will be blood is super over hyped, so no one cares
>>
>>70444382
Pretty sure most of this board loves that movie.
>>
>>70444298
It's just talk. He's barely written the script. I'll be more hyped once the script leaks or if there's more solid news coming out.
>>
>>70444432
That movie had to have been written by an actually retarded person
>>
>>70444298

another box office flop on ol' DDL's resume
>>
>>70444736
This is such bait, you can't even realistically pretend that this movie was shit. It quite literally isn't and /tv/ sucked its dick rightfully so for years. Don't front you autist
>>
>Go to Inherent Vice premier in my country
>PTA is there
>Call him Paul "Reddit" Anderson to his face
>he just sits there like a beta cuck and doesn't defend himself
Exactly what I'd expect from the man who made Magnolia. The most embarrassing and pathetic beta fest committed to film.
>>
>>70444801
>This is such bait, you can't even realistically pretend that this movie was shit
And here come the adult video game players, completely unable to comprehend the fact that their cheeto dust speckled masterpiece might not be the masterpiece that the ignorant millennial critics hyped it up to be.
>>
>>70444860
You have to be quite a shitty and lonely person to actually waste your time to make fun of someone for doing nothing other than make films you dont like.

That seems pretty beta to me, anon.
>>
>>70444860
What was the point of the frogs in that film i still dont get it
>>
>>70444929
Hey Paul.

Go rip off another Altman movie and collect your "Movie buff" upvotes.
>>
>>70444907
Wish people could speak in an actual language besides "le witty shitpost"...and I never said it was a masterpiece you faggot, I said that you are a contrarian for saying it sucks, especially despite how /tv/ fucking sucked its boner dry right up to a few years ago

But most of you faggot just dislike things because its cool, which is a cringey way to function, as beta as the millennial memes you make fun of and try to seperate from
>>
I forget, was it 2013 or 2014 when the "PTA is loved by /v/" meme started?
>>
>>70445017
It's a terrible film and if you had even an iota of sophistication about cinema that fact would be screamingly obvious to you. There Will Be Blood is the kind of film a child makes when his rich daddy gives him access to all the most expensive toys in the box. A horrendous Frankenstein collection of new hollywood memes, assembled for maximum millennial appreciation.
>>
>>70445075
Go shit on There Will Be Blood on /v/ and see how many "that movie is fukken based, u pleb" responses you get. If a film is able to be appreciated by someone who plays video games then that alone solidifies it as the lowest of art. True "adolescent cinema".
>>
>>70445110
>if you had even an iota of sophistication about cinema

You are gonna break your neck with all that fedora tipping.

Jesus fuck, people who talk like this are legit the reason that /tv/ pushes people away who want to actually fucking discuss films and tv. Your attitude is such cancer
>>
>>70445170
I think you're the kind of person who looks at reddit's favorite films and only then makes his own list of good films against that.
>>
>>70445192
>You are gonna break your neck with all that fedora tipping.
There Will Be Blood is up there with Fight Club and Pulp Fiction in terms of embodying fedoracore culture.
>/tv/ pushes people away who want to actually fucking discuss films and tv
If those people are teenage sensibility video game enablers who gobble up shit like PTA then thank the Lord.
>>
>>70445170
>Go shit on There Will Be Blood on /v/ and see how many "that movie is fukken based, u pleb" responses you get. If a film is able to be appreciated by someone who plays video games then that alone solidifies it as the lowest of art. True "adolescent cinema".
That's pretty pathetic as an 'argument'
>>
Who is this retard saying there will be blood is bad/reddit
It spawned the classic paul dano meme
>>
>>70445208
I don't need to look at any list. I can see the reddit enabling qualities in any film for myself. A reddit film would still be a reddit film even if nobody had ever viewed it.
>>
>>70445110
What the fuck even IS a millennial and why does it matter? All the memes about them are factually and statistically wrong anyway, I just had a discussion about this with a friend.

Pew research and a 2014 economic report showed that "millenials" are the largest and most diverse workforce in the US....

So, if you want to perpetuate the "lazy" part of that meme, attribute it to the gens that produce LESS hukan capital and make up LESS of the active workforce. Just thought some of you would like some facts

A bunch of bitchy baby boomers and gen x's who contribute less to the economy every year, the fucking ironic cucks
>>
>>70445298
>le paul dano meme
You are shit too, memelord
>>
>>70445259
What the fuck is a video game enabler?

Cant people just like There Will Be Blood and not get shit on? It just isnt as shitty as we are pretending
>>
>>70444959
Biblical allusions. It rained frogs is a proverbs. So he decided to literally do that. But it also is a metaphor for the characters as they are the only ones that notice.
>>
>>70445170
>there are people that I dislike who like the movie so it is objectively shit
Fuck off your prententious cunt
>>
>>70445366
>Cant people just like There Will Be Blood and not get shit on?
No, because by supporting There Will Be Blood they are enabling the infantilization of Western culture. When "High" cinema is held to such low a standard that would allow There Will Be Blood to become respected then it's no wonder we're knee deep in capeshit and starshit.

A cinematic hot pocket, filled with all of PTA's favorite "legitimate cinema" memes. Bursting with cheese and grease.
>>
>>70445487
>There Will Be Blood they are enabling the infantilization of Western culture

How so?

Also what are you doing to fight this, besides posting on 4chan I mean.
>>
File: 1463938956575.jpg (100 KB, 749x566) Image search: [Google]
1463938956575.jpg
100 KB, 749x566
>it's a Korine guy thread
>>
>>70445487
This is good bait. This is a good baiter. Be careful and try to not reply.

See, one already is lost >>70445540. Innocent child
>>
>>70445487
What is wrong with you?

Either bait or actual autism. Please choose one
>>
>>70445540
Dude, that anon is full of shit. Dont bother.

Enjoy what you enjoy. Watch what you want. /tv/ is for actual discussion, so have it
>>
File: 1438613519465.png (23 KB, 1351x172) Image search: [Google]
1438613519465.png
23 KB, 1351x172
>>70445540
>Also what are you doing to fight this, besides posting on 4chan I mean.
He's a warrior of cinema. We all should be like him.
>>
File: armond chucky.png (890 KB, 921x806) Image search: [Google]
armond chucky.png
890 KB, 921x806
>>70445549
>“No!” is the first word spoken in There Will Be Blood, and it should be the last said in response to Paul Thomas Anderson’s latest pretend epic
BASED
>>
>>70444746
but anon, TWBB made 3x budget
>>
>>70445736
>armond white
Ah i see you are just a contrarian who feels better simply because his opinions go against the grain
>>
>>70446183
When "the grain" is decided by cowards, snivelers, frauds and children you are justified in feeling better.
>>
DDL is probably the objectively best actor alive if it were possible to apply some kind of mathematical metric to acting skill

I've never seen a film where he looked like the same human being. I don't see DDL the way I see Tom cruise or Christian bale or leo
>>
>>70444382
are you retarded? you better be
>>
>>70446228
Dude nobody is buying your shit tier bait
>>
>>70446307
meme actor
>>
PTA is a memestermind who makes meme films. A memegician, if you will. there will be upvotes
>>
>>70446746
Because fucking what, anon? What makes someone NOT a meme actor, you contrarian faggot?

Anyone got a criteria of what makes someone NOT a meme actor? Or are you just some halfwit husk with no actual opinion?
>>
"according to Variety—and while Anderson’s reps declined to comment, he’s reportedly still working on the script and interviewing actresses of Eastern European descent."

kek there's no movie, They're just running a casting couch train on these girls
>>
>>70446986
Based
>>
flashback to 2010 when I would have cared about this
>>
>>70445487
I don't think he's trolling I think he's legit retarded
>>
>>70447387
Which anon?
>>
This movie was responsible for one of /tv/'s greatest memes. So fuck the haters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmykanZPq2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nZUEkAsw8
>>
>>70447757
The guy whos flaming there will be blood
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.