[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw this is a GOAT movie that /tv/ never talks about why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: MPW-28328.jpg (48 KB, 500x744) Image search: [Google]
MPW-28328.jpg
48 KB, 500x744
>mfw this is a GOAT movie that /tv/ never talks about
why
>>
>>70442596
/tv/ is obsessed with it m8 it's in several threads right now
>>
>>70442596
They can never figure out what the movie is about
>>
>>70442596
>"Finally, I have witnessed The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"

Fucking really?
>>
>>70442596
It's talked about plenty on here.

Great movie.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (22 KB, 269x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
22 KB, 269x200
>>70442596
>yfw this, No Country, and There Will Be Blood, all came out in the same year
>>
>>70442596
tried to watch it twice and fell asleep every time. I'm not even a pleb.
>>
>>70442710
yes you are
>>
>>70442710
juxtaposition
ˌdʒʌkstəpəˈzJʃ(ə)n/Submit
noun
the fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect.
"the juxtaposition of these two images"
>>
>>70442739
>>70442751
it's boring pham
>>
>dude anti-romantic revisionist western, lmao
No but in all seriousness /tv/, at this point it's just as cliche as the romantic western's of the past.
>>
robert ford did nothing wrong, I would've killed pitt too
>>
>>70442906
Cliché isn't a bad thing
>>
/tv/ talks about this movie all the time.

In fact, /tv/ is fucking delusional about how good this fucking movie is considering every fucking pleb here says literally "GOAT western" when that's fucking preposterous

Shut the fuck up pleb moron
>>
>"Don't that picture look dusty"

How did they made it work so well?

In any other movie or in any other scenario this would be so cheesy and cringeworthy. But here it works perfectly
>>
>>70442706
And Zodiac

Assassination>TWBB>NCFOM=Zodiac

The last two didn't really hold up for me on rewatches. Tension is very fleeting without the emotional investment of the first two. No Countries ending is the best scene of any of them though
>>
There were no eulogies for Bob
>>
>>70442673
I love when they say the title in a dramatic scene
>>
>>70442619
Every one of those posts are by me
This is my second favorite film ever
>>
>>70442596
Hollywood movie trying to be a student art film. Every two seconds an establishing shot or intermission with fish lens.
>>
>>70446350
It's like they were trying to be pretentious but found it and the managed to go to a place more pretentious tha one would have anticipated had one thought about the levels of pretension in film for the sake of inducing anxiety to labour to the end of the film where we can finally have brad pit awkwardly call out how oddly balanced the clock is and must straighten it with the full force of one thousand autismos that the one person that love hates him the most shouts the titular line and proceeds to end the life of the fantastically unappreciated American heroes of all time and running away like a coward only to be eventually put down by someone else like him that wants the glory of having an ability to make conversation at a bar and gloat the "I killed so-b-so that killed this one who killed that one". Pretentious
>>
Gave us a GOAT Yogi ending brehs https://youtu.be/m6w0r-ScEG4
>>
Never has a movie needed tighter editing than this. You could cut twenty minutes out of this and it would be a GOAT movie. Instead it's very good.
>>
When will we get the director's cut?
>>
TMC uses songs from this OST on their logo video.
>>
>>
Was 2007 films swang song?
>>
>>70445087
i love it too, the narration gives it a literary vibe, almost like a Cormac McCarthy novel

i'd like to know what's your (first) favourite film ever.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.