[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A valid complaint for BvS is replacing a potentially powerful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 20
File: sean-ray-darkseid.jpg (39 KB, 715x462) Image search: [Google]
sean-ray-darkseid.jpg
39 KB, 715x462
A valid complaint for BvS is replacing a potentially powerful God vs Man story for a zoomed-in, character focused, conflict-centered plot. However, with Darkseid being the big baddie, I think DC made the right choice here. There are a myriad public issues that could be represented here. Perhaps representing Darkseid as the superrich .0001%? and Superman and the Justice League as the most powerful champions for public welfare?

There are many significant themes that could be represented with DC's character and story structures.
>>
>>70441224
what was the source of power for darkseid? and why was kalel so powerful when compared to others from krypton?
>>
I didn't watch it but why didn't Superman fly the dude into like the sun or on Jupiter and say good luck finding your way back
>>
>>70441846
>I didn't watch it

Well if you had you'd see that Supes tried to fly him into space but the humans nuked him and Doomsday fell back to Earth.
>>
>>70441967
couldn't he do it again or like dodge a missile
>>
>>70442034
Nah it was locked and when Doomsday went back to Earth he was already stronger so trying that again would have been problematic. Plus he had a second superperson (Wonder Woman) who was already fighting him, and there was an important thing there that could kill Doomsday that he needed. Also it wasn't clear whether or not Wonder Woman could fly like Supes and lifting him to space again could have risked Supes endangering other parts of Earth.
>>
>>70441224
pure fantasy is the opportunity to surpass the repulsive statist child-narrative of class conflict or culture conflict

introducing insipid political tones into the narrative was the entire reason why nolan and snyder are perceived as hacks

the highest responsibility of the artist who adapts other people's works is to be faithful to the tone and message of those works. Superman and Batman are ultimately about individual men resisting and overcoming the inherent and utterly inevitable corruption of political and monetary systems
>>
File: Billy.jpg (44 KB, 368x436) Image search: [Google]
Billy.jpg
44 KB, 368x436
>>70441224
>Perhaps representing Darkseid as the superrich .0001%? and Superman and the Justice League as the most powerful champions for public welfare?
>>
>>70442152
that's dumb
dodge a missile, fly the dude to space and just put him somewhere far
it's pretty easy
guy can't fly or anything
>>
>>70441224
>Expecting Jewish mass media to encourage people to take control of their destinies and overcome the power structure Matrixes which confine them
lol get ready for more """"deconstruction"""" with a touch of imaginary crisis drama
If you don't go to Justice League 1: The Beginning of the Justice League youre literally racist against people who come back from the dead, misogynist shitlord
>>
File: 1465020475624.png (283 KB, 494x540) Image search: [Google]
1465020475624.png
283 KB, 494x540
>>70442215
>>70442280

>a story about the social dominance of the superrich is childish
>is statist
>is only limited to economics
>Nolan and Snyder are perceived as hacks

Well memed.
>>
>>70442152
>problematic
Go back.
>>
>>70442420

I think Doomsday actually could fly though, that's how he got back to Earth I thought.
>>
>>70442474
lost in space
it's like really big or whatever out there
he couldn't find his way back
>>
>>70442463
Tell me how an alien being will represent the superrich .0001%? Will he use a galactic credit card to buy the Earth?
>>
>>70441689
Superman is powered by the sun while darkseid is powered by darkness
>>
>>70442513
I assume he'll take over Earth and create some kind of Hellscape and will make deals with world rulers and people like Luthor to help him squash resistance.
If Darkseid is the devil that Lex kept ranting about then he's a background influential force more than another alien invasion.
>>
>>70442513
Damn, that's a pretty superficial understanding you've got there, friendo.

A super powerful creature capable of shaping worlds at will seems like a pretty hamfisted analogy. I guess my mistake was assuming you had the creative capacity of at least a 5 year old lmao
>>
>>70442463
>Well memed.
>posts GoT cancer
>>
>>70442463
yes, exactly, all those things
>>
>>70441224
>Perhaps representing Darkseid as the superrich .0001%? and Superman and the Justice League as the most powerful champions for public welfare?
Did you just take a high school economics class?
>>
>>70441224
>>70442463
>>70442516
>>70442674
grow up bitches. Either embrace the fact that this is a comic book for children, or pretend you're deep by slapping some analogy for some "complex political/social/cultural issue".. but either way, you're watching entertainment, not art, not philosophy
>>
With DC's characters and the open nature (so far) of their storyline, I think a lot of important themes could be explored. It seems pretty simple to do at this point, and with a director like Snyder it's almost inevitable that some larger issue social issue will be examined.
>>
>>70442970
>with a director like Snyder it's almost inevitable that some larger issue social issue will be examined.
Like prison rape?
>>
File: batlaugh.jpg (24 KB, 236x272) Image search: [Google]
batlaugh.jpg
24 KB, 236x272
>>70442721
>>70442773
>>70442968
>>70443006
lmao /tv/ really is all teen angst and memers isn't it?
>>
>>70443100
>he says as he wants a generic class struggle scenario in a movie based on children's picture books
>>
>>70443100
Capeshit brings out the most vocal retards and the industry panders to them. You need to accept that superheroes aren't for you anymore and move on, anon.
>>
>>70443151
>generic = the most relevant one throughout history

Damn, dude, should I talk about Iron Man's latest CGI armor? That seems more your speed.

My only hope is that they don't deliberately shoehorn anything into the characters. It has to happen organically. It may be hamfisted but it at least has to be done intelligently.
>>
>>70443250
>>generic = the most relevant one throughout history
Exactly, it's cliched. It's about the most pseudo-intellectual way to introduce subtext, especially in a medium that depends on scenarios between a hero who fights for the people against a villain who fights for himself.

>Damn, dude, should I talk about Iron Man's latest CGI armor? That seems more your speed.
Watching all that capeshit seems to have deflated your abilities at reasoning. Not everyone who disagrees with you is the other one in your shitty company wars. The world would be a better place if Marvel, DC as well as idiots like you would fuck off.
>>
>>70443404
well memed

So what you're saying is the most prevalent issue in society is cliched based on it being the most prevalent issue? Sounds like you don't know shit.
>>
>>70443404
What would you write instead?
>>
>>70443250
I don't see why you automatically deflect onto other capeshit arguments.

Its a bad fucking idea. Hamfisting political or economic commentary in a justice league movie would be fucking horrendous. I don't see what's wrong with creating gloriously executed schlock.

Schwarzenegger is kino, why can't capeshit just go the same route? I have a hard time accepting "aquaman" as some impressive political allegory.

>>70443466
I think what he's saying is that class struggle in a superhero team up movie is fucking retarded.
>>
File: stop_invincible_slut.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
stop_invincible_slut.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>70443404
No, I understand now. Because it's been done badly that means it's not worth revisiting. Even if it is the most important social issue ever raised.
>>
>>70443639
Class struggle, apart from "hurr muh global police", is the only relevant social issue that could be raised in movies like this, and it would make a far bigger impact on audiences if it were done well, but that's just my hope.

And what with the tendency for these movies to focus on more "realistic" and socially-conscious themes I find it baffling to see how something like the class struggle between the invisible, superpowerful minority vs the rest of the world could be considered out of bounds for a movie like this.
>>
>>70443466
>well memed
Is that your argument for everything? I think you've been browsing /tv/ too much.

>So what you're saying is the most prevalent issue in society is cliched based on it being the most prevalent issue?
Yes, isn't that the definition of cliche? That it's too prevalent and overdone? The Dark Knight Rises just did it a few years back.

>>70443664
Another illiterate. It doesn't matter if it's done well or not, the idea is cliched and the lazies attempt at introducing any sort of depth to any story, not even a story where aliens super punch each other for children's amusement.
>>
>>70443664
>is the most important social issue ever raised
It's not and most poor people deserve to be poor. They actually deserve far worse.
>>
>>70443845
So by this logic if something has been done before (no matter how ill-fated and poorly designed it was) it is now out of bounds for further exploration or redesign?

Are you an alien? I'm having trouble imagining anyone capable of an eat-sleep-repeat having such a moronic and ill-informed viewpoint.

>>70443846
>it's not
Except it is. Name a more impactful one. Pro tip: you can't. And don't try global warming.
>>
File: THE BODY POLITIC.jpg (56 KB, 420x413) Image search: [Google]
THE BODY POLITIC.jpg
56 KB, 420x413
>>70443664
>>70443791
>most important social issue
Who let these commies onto the board?
>>
>>70443966
I think he's saying that adding socio-political shit in a children's movie is fucking retarded no matter how original or cliched it is.
>>
File: you.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>70443984
>implying it has anything to do with Communism or Capitalism

Wew lad
>>
>>70444057
t. poor
>>
>>70443966
The logic is doing something poorly deserves no respect or praise. It doesn't matter if the intent was to paint the sistine ceiling with the most powerful images from the bible possible if all Michelangelo did was smear his own excrement all over the nuns.
>>
>>70443100
why did you quote the only sane people ITT if you're talking about teen angst and memes?
>>
>>70444030
>the children's movie meme
except the bullying is wrong theme, one of the most basic themes in all of humankind, which can be distilled in a million different ways is not only easy to relate to children but is explored in every capeshit movie ever

But nice try
>>
>>70444179
>the meme meme
No wonder you enjoy picture books.
>>
>>70444179
> the bullying is wrong theme, one of the most basic themes in all of humankind,
... are you literally 14 years old?
>>
File: manoflaughs.jpg (51 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
manoflaughs.jpg
51 KB, 640x640
>>70444213
>I have no rebuttal, the post

Good try
>>
>>70444244
Just an example of how simple it is to translate the theme I suggested to easy to understand terms.

You should be happy. That means you might be able to understand real issues. Like a big boy!
>>
>>70444075
and I'm definitely not poor ;^)
>>
>>70444274
rebuttal to what? You said its a children's movie exploring children's themes the same way thousands of other children's movies have.

Bullying stops existing once you leave those environments filled with people who have no choice but to be there.
>>
>>70444394
>children's themes
see>>70444323

>bullying stops once blah blah blah
except it doesn't

Those with power have historically exploited those they have power over since the beginning of time. Yes, even before high school was invented. There is no way to "leave" society unless you plan on joining a tribe or something, but even they are subject to its rule.
>>
>>70444459
Negro, must be 18 to post on 4chan.

"Bullying" is a child's way of exerting some modicum of control over an environment he has no real control over and only works in situations where the victims have the same amount of non-control.

Thus

Once you leave compulsory education, bullying simply doesn't happen.
>>
>>70441224

there is still hope for DC

darksied might be their big hit but i doubt it
>>
who's face did snyder steal for darkseid? Driving me crazy.
>>
File: 1387824655586.jpg (99 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
1387824655586.jpg
99 KB, 900x1344
>>70444536
You're making a technical argument for some reason, and you're not even defining it properly.

I recommend suicide. Bullying denotes a series of behaviors, so I don't know why you're bringing intent into it since that is entirely debatable unto itself.

Also, comparing the class dominance of the superrich to an analogy to bullying seems like a pretty small creative jump, and one only focused on by someone intentionally trying to sabotage an argument for "reasons". Once again, I recommend suicide, faggot.
>>
>>70444698
Jack Palance
>>
Will we ever get a movie where Superman is in homemade tights and punches Luthor's automatons? Back to basics please.
>>
>>70441224
dios mio what am i reading
>>
>>70444831
nah, that ain't it.

its somewhere between james caan, james earl jones, and michael ironside.
>>
>>70444958
The truth and the way, anon. Fresh air.
>>
>>70444752
Nah dude, because you're still subject to it, you're seeing it everywhere. You're building your interpretations of reality and social interactions around it.

Once you're outside of the only environment where it is viable for a year or two (read: over 18) you stop seeing it everywhere.
>>
File: welcome_to_kindergarten.jpg (24 KB, 504x195) Image search: [Google]
welcome_to_kindergarten.jpg
24 KB, 504x195
>>70445071
Exploitative dominance isn't analogous to bullying anymore, everyone. Thank you for the news.
>>
>>70445071
Also, do you have any sort of experience in psychology/behavioral neuroscience or any sort of empirical evidence for what you're saying at all or are you just a fucking retard?
>>
File: draksied.png (135 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
draksied.png
135 KB, 220x250
>>70444698
F. Murray Abraham
>>
File: brainiac.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
brainiac.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>What we do know is this: you don’t need to have an “inside source” at Warner Bros. or DC Entertainment to know two things: that Brainiac was originally planned as the next movie villain to take on Superman after Man of Steel, a fact Zack Snyder has personally confirmed. And second, that no villain has given the Justice League bigger headaches, more often, than the ruler of the planet Apokolips, Darkseid.
>>
>>70441689

Darkseid was born from a powerful celestial race who think they are gods. He went through trials and had to withstand some shit as well as do more dirty shit to obtain the Omega Force, which is just a combo pack of op shit. He (the guy you see as Darkseid) was retconned into being only an aspect/avatar of a bigger bigger concept/entity, mainly the god of evil.

Superman isn't inherently any more powerful than other kryptonians. He is vastly more experienced using the abilities most of the time and more aware of the vulnerabilities that are still present. He also fights with retard strength and stamina, he just won't give up.
>>
>>70445260
I hope Brainiac controls people through their phones or something like that rather than straight up invading the planet.
>>
>>70445658
dr who already did that
>>
>>70445703

Was gonna say
>>
>>70445703
I don't watch Dr.Who so I didn't know that. I was making a point about people being manipulated by technology. Fuck, have Lex give everyone motherboxes or something, anything other than Independence Day but w robots
>>
>>70445703
>>70446006

Also Red Alert 2

https://youtu.be/fnd0qg4I_MM?t=1m53s
>>
File: benedictbrainybatch.jpg (75 KB, 846x960) Image search: [Google]
benedictbrainybatch.jpg
75 KB, 846x960
>>70445658
I hope they do something like this. I had hoped they would do something like this for Age of Ultron, but thinking about it it seems a more appropriate thing for a DCEU Brainiac to do.
>>
>>70445658
>mind control in another comic book movie

NO
>>
>>70446291

Get ready for evil Supes under Darkseid's control in Justice League brah
>>
>>70446387
This
>>
>>70446291
DC is going to put people in jeopardy for the League to save after the "Superman didn't care" criticism. They won't blow up buildings like in MoS so it's kinda gotta be le mind control. I know, I'm sorry.
>>
File: superman-evil.jpg (41 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
superman-evil.jpg
41 KB, 400x600
>>70446387
>he doesn't think Supes will go rogue after Lois' death, fulfilling the Injustice storyline
>Batfleck dream sequence with evil Supes, "She was my world!"
>>
>>70446632

Timeline is already altered thanks to the Flash doubt Snyder will use the same scene twice, just seems kind of lazy.
>>
File: Zack Snyder.jpg (263 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
Zack Snyder.jpg
263 KB, 670x377
so let's take into context what Snyder's task are. He is given a task to create a movie that:

1) an origin movie for Justice League
a) this will include scenes and character development for Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman
b) have the 3 team up to serve as a basis for Justice League - obviously this has to be a super villain since how can any human stand against 3 superheroes?
c) have that super villain be engineered by human to serve its origin and for connecting with the human personas of Superman and Batman

2. have a continuity to Superman's actions after the Man of Steel - this includes the political aspects of having an uncontrollable god exist in the presence of humans and its spiritual implications as well

3. Introduce Batman and relate him to Superman

4. Be distincly different from Marvel movies - tackle the serious side of having heroes among us

Given this ginormous task, its amazing how Snyder was able to make it all work in his film. To cover all this points would take about 4 - 4 1/2 hours and I feel that if given the freedom Snyder would have done it so. A task of this magnitude would have failed Kubrick but Snyder has done it, although we admit this is not his best work but I would have loved to see what he could have done in a 4 hour epic Director's cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ™.

I'm excited to see more of Snyder's work. I'm not trolling I really do. Even his adapation of The Fountainhead, but I really really wish I could see it in Snyder's intended form. Not getting cut down to what the studio wants. A 4 hour Fountainhead and Justice League and see it in Snyder's vision would be amazing to see.
>>
>>70446006
but that would be anti-consumerism! Can't have that in a high budget blockbuster specifically targeting brainless consumers, it might confuse them!!

But yea, no one should watch nuwho, but considering there's a large demographic overlap here, they should probably rip off something a little more obscure.

But most likely it'll just be robots with some green/purple piping invading the earth.
>>
>>70446693
Zack snyder has never been mistaken for someone who isn't lazy.
>>
>>70447019

He may repeat himself, but that's not the same as being lazy.

I think.
>>
File: bvs nt.png (326 KB, 765x662) Image search: [Google]
bvs nt.png
326 KB, 765x662
>>70446731
>its amazing how Snyder was able to make it all work in his film
>>
>>70447040
Zack snyder doesn't.
>>
File: batlaugh.jpg (146 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
batlaugh.jpg
146 KB, 500x498
>>70447201
>335 reviews vs 200,000+

lmao at least you have those people to think for you, right?
>>
>>70447268

Smooth.
>>
>>70442474
He can't fly but he can jump.
>>
>>70447277
>335 unbiased reviews
vs
>220,000 paid shills
>>
>>70447322

>He can't fly but he can jump.

He's still got Kryptonian DNA as evidenced by his heat vision, something the comic version lacked, he may not have had conscious control of it but that's the only way to explain how he could have returned to the Earth, Superman was well into space before the nuke hit and the explosion knocked them both further, leaving Superman in orbit while he somehow was able to get back.
>>
File: jokes.jpg (105 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
jokes.jpg
105 KB, 720x480
>>70447330
>shit I made up
>>
File: hugejackedman.jpg (13 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
hugejackedman.jpg
13 KB, 214x317
What the fuck is this thread?
>>
>>70441224
darkseid will break the kryptonian
he will know fear and pain
>>
>>70447540
>he will know fear and pain

he got stabbed through the chest with a giant bone spur (huh huh boner), that's pretty painful and scary..
>>
>>70447586
nothing compared to what darkseid will do
faggot
>>
File: darkseid_with_spine.jpg (144 KB, 600x897) Image search: [Google]
darkseid_with_spine.jpg
144 KB, 600x897
>>70447530
OP here. I originally thought it would provoke some discussion on what Justice League's plot would be, but it degenerated into a sad few's desperate attempts to form edgy, ill informed opinions. Only now has it started to come back to actual DC discussion, but alas it is invaded by shitposting scum.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.