[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>One of the most powerful mutants ever >Easily gets beaten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 15
File: apocalypse.jpg (69 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse.jpg
69 KB, 1000x500
>One of the most powerful mutants ever
>Easily gets beaten by a bunch of plebs

completely ruined the movie
>>
>>70434831
>completely ruined the movie

Yup. It would be been more interesting if he won this film, and they spent the next film dealing with the aftermath.
>>
>>70434831
>a bunch of plebs

and how. seriously was the worst x men team ever assembled
>>
>>One of the most powerful mutants ever

>magneto powers but with sand?
>teleportation
>healing
>telekinesis
>body morphing (but only other people's?)
>mutant power enhancement
>telepathic (but only for mind swapping)

Are you sure about that?
>>
File: 1438590670830.jpg (28 KB, 827x827) Image search: [Google]
1438590670830.jpg
28 KB, 827x827
>Magento turned good for literally no reason
>>
>>70434831
He wasn't.
>>
>>70434831
>bunch of plebs
>destroyed by the phoenix force
pick one m8
>>
File: 1452650674590.gif (3 MB, 308x175) Image search: [Google]
1452650674590.gif
3 MB, 308x175
>>70434937
>Magneto kills legit probably hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people around the world with his magnetic destruction bullshit
>Charles is just like 'lol see u later old friend' afterwards since he did one act of good

Jesus Christ this movie is retarded. Not to mention he did the exact same shit in the last one, oh and the one before that!
>>
>>70434989
>He wasn't.

Is Jean grey?
>>
>Easily gets beaten by a bunch of plebs
>After the victory: huurrrr let's get training
>>
>>70435065
>Charles is just like 'lol see u later old friend' afterwards since he did one act of good

Let alone the governments of the world being ok with him now.
>>
File: quicksilver2.png (121 KB, 247x272) Image search: [Google]
quicksilver2.png
121 KB, 247x272
>>70434937
>quicksilver chickens out telling him hes his son even though he was trying to do it the entire movie because they're gonna save it for a sequel that might not even happen
>>
>>70434917
>magneto powers but with sand?

It's matter manipulation, dumbo.
>>
apocalypse getting his shit smacked even though he is supposed to be super bad ass is accurate
>>
>>70435108

on the news it said magneto helped defeat apoc, so I think charles just straight up lied that magneto was ever involved and blames it all on apoc
>>
>Wants the most powerful mutants he can find as his horsemen (even though he could probably do everything himself)
>Guy who controls metal and girl who controls the weather, ok, that's a pretty good start
>Then gets completely lazy and settles for girl with lightsaber and guy with fucking wings
>>
>>70434831
>>One of the most powerful mutants ever
No he isn't.
>>Easily gets beaten by a bunch of please
No he didn't .
>>
>>70435144

why doesnt he just melt all the x-men then?
>>
>>70434831
I wish every capeshit flick would stop nerfing villains to fuckery.

Normies don't know about animated series or comic runs, where villains are cool and kick the fuck out of the superheroes. It's getting really tedious.
>>
>>70434831
He was interesting at first, but then they obviously gave more screentime to Lawrence and the meme squad.
>>
>>70435213

Dunno, he's stupid? He did try to fuse Scott into that building like he did to that one guy when he first surfaced.
>>
>>70434917
literal meme scenes of quipsand.
>>
how is this movie doing at the box office?
>>
>>70434831
>bunch of plebs
- Dr.X, lvl 5 psyker with giganormous power even Apo wants for himself
- Improved Magneto, lvl 5 mutant with pretty much the same shit apo does for physical battles
- Improved Storm going apeshit
- Cyclop's beam in the face the entire time
- Monstrously overpowered Quicksilver quicking him around
- Jean going all Phoenix Force

Gee I wonder why he lost.
>>
File: [ASSPULL].jpg (367 KB, 770x1176) Image search: [Google]
[ASSPULL].jpg
367 KB, 770x1176
Is Phoenix the X-Men version of GER?
>>
>>70435134
this kind of pissed me off.

they could have atleast shown that Quicksilver didn't want to tell him, because death always follows with Magneto.

If he didn't think that and was just "I'm scared" because he could have stopped Magneto sooner by telling him he was his son.
>>
>>70435311
No that's Franklin Richards
>>
>>70435311
Rolling Stone is still better
>>
>>70435074
Yes. She's an Omega level mutant, which is the highest. Basically a God. Apocalypse is not.
>>
>>70435213
thats what op is saying
that apoc one of the strongest just dun goofs and doesnt do anything
though the phoenix was suppose to destroy the earth after his destruction
>>
>>70435350

He ain't.

>>70435311

Phoenix shits on GER.
>>
>>70435181
>Xavier straight up being the reason why all mutants should be erased

Good job
>>
>>70434831
But phoenix is stronger than apocalypse and he had to fight charles mentally.
>>
>>70434831
>Omega level mutant Phoenix
>pleb
>>
>>70435134
>>70435134

i dont even understand how that didnt happen.

magneto loses his family >gets fucked and becomes crazy >starts killing innocents
magneto regains family > comes on his senses >saves innocents

that show have been his whole developing arc in the movie. but, because that didnt happen, he didnt have motivation to save the people, and his family died for nothing. cool.
>>
>>70435432
Magneto realised he still had more family. Not specificaly Quicksilver but the others mutants.
>>
>>70435144
Matter manipulation?

It seems like all he could do was sink people into grounds and walls as well use paint chips off a car to build a pyramid?
>>
>>70435546
>paint chips off a car to build a pyramid

He completely restructured the buildings of a city into a pyramid. Don't be dumb. He turned a gun into dust.
>>
>>70435362
yes he is
>>
>>70435481
>Magneto realised he still had more family. Not specificaly Quicksilver but the others mutants.

LOL. but thats very lame.
>>
>>70435362

once i said, "well lets see whats all this xmen bussiness".. so i went and bought a special edition comic, it was thick, lots of pages, i became hype because it featured phoenix in the cover, so some big shit was foreshadowed.

in the end it was some low level villain that tricked everyone into thinking phoenix was about to fuck shit up. fucking piece of shit comic, i felt ripped off and never read marvel again.
>>
>>70435134
Well that's because he's not sure if he's his son or his wife's son.
>>
>>70434854
Jean Grey should have wrapped him up in fire and psychically locked him up forcing him to become a virtual corpse. In a permanent mind coma.

They would just lock him away somewhere underneath the Xavier School.

He would return after they did the Savage Land movie they would reboot under the X-Force label and he'd return when Mr. Sinister came back to juice up En Sabah Nur's mind.

They could pretty much kill him off then.

I just want the scene so badly where you see all the gravestones of the superheros like Here lies, Spider-Man, Here lies, Colossus from the comics where Apocalypse almost wipes out all human and mutant kind.

Quicksilver could go back in time and fix this future from happening at the end.
>>
File: jlaw.png (98 KB, 455x512) Image search: [Google]
jlaw.png
98 KB, 455x512
>>70435481
>Magneto! we're still your family because we spent about 1 week training together before you turned into a terrorist who murders innocent people constantly! we love you Erik!
>>
Fuck off, he was battling everyone and even on different planes or reality. Vs charles while handling magneto storm cyclops and beast. And then when a literal god steps in he lost

One of the strongest if not the strongest comic book villain on big screen yet
>>
>>70435362
omega is not the highest, beyond omega lvl is like Franklin Richard
>>
>>70434831
just saw this

was wondering how the fuck they were going to take down the most OP mutant of all time, and they do this by bringing in a mutant that is even more OP

disappointed in that and the lack of magneto scenes but overall meh 6.5/10
>>
>>70436873
>>70435362
Omega level just means that it is potentially boundless. They use it for a lot of people that can't blow up planets too.
>>
File: sam.jpg (81 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
81 KB, 607x608
>>70434831
here's my OC from yesterday

please like and subscribe
>>
>DURR VILLIAN WUZNT STWONG ENOUGH HE SHOULDN'T HAF LOZT IN DA END

You all sound like a bunch of 8 year olds with /v/tard sensibilities.
>>
>>70436843
This.
>>
>>70435065
Did you see what he was doing to major metropolitan areas no way he didn't off at least a billion people
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 536x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 536x533
>>70438717
>>
>>70437147
Magneto wipes the floor with Apocalypse.
>>
File: 1463797982267.jpg (197 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
1463797982267.jpg
197 KB, 620x412
>>70438717
>>
>>70435065
I don't think you get xavier or their relationship then.
>>
>>70434831
>Easily gets beaten by a cosmic force that once destroyed the universe (and forced it to be reborn) and created Galactus
fix'd

the phoenix force is not an idle plaything
>>
Is anyone else kind of bored that the plots keep getting more apocalyptic and bombastic

I enjoy the smaller scale plots more than the whole universe is going to be destroyed type movies, but the superhero movies always seem to go there
>>
>>70440111
this is the first time xmen has done this. that was kind of the point of this movie.. but i think they'll go back, hopefully after this.
>>
>>70440176
First Class has a blow up the world plot.
>>
>>70440084
Explain this deep relationship then
>>
>>70440224
Yeah, but that movie, that scene in the beach where they stop the missiles, is flawlessly classic x-men.
>>
>>70435362
Omega level means they have absolute control over every facet of their powerset
>>
>>70440443
omega level means that your mutant power can control a vast amount of energy and matter
>>
How the fuck did Magneto's daughter AND waifu both die instantly without blood from 1 shitty wooden arrow?
Why did he get a wife and child in the first place instead of keeping up the just fight (in his mind) for the mutant race, what a selfish asshole.
>>
>>70440370
It's not that it's too deep to understand or anything like that. We already know Xavier won't give up on someone that close to him. Also he doesn't trust the gov (what mutant would), seeing as how he has what he has under the mansion. So he would never turn Erik over, because they would probably kill him or worse. And he can't keep him locked up because that's just fucked up. Like locking your own brother away... and he would probably find a way out resulting in more casualties.

The movies aren't perfect and I am kind of biased because they're my favorite team.
>>
>>70440690
Professor X and Magneto are also not 100% convinced that their own views are correct and both are very sympathetic to the other. This is explored a lot better in the comics and each of them has come to help the other many, many times.
>>
Why didn't Apocalypse make Quick Silver a Horseman instead of breaking his leg?

Quick Silver could shit on everyone except Magneto and Jean
>>
>>70434831
>All this talk about not relying on machines and weapons
I don't read the comics, but didn't he have an absurdly powerful spaceship with an AI in it? So he'll literally be relying on both machines and weapons.

Also the movie was awful, easily one of the worst X-Men movies to date.
>>
>>70435304
>- Jean going all Phoenix Force

Jean is the only reason he lost but still she was young and inexperienced. As a shounen manga fan I really don't understand this lack of rules and cohesion and consistency with comic battles. I mean are the xmen training to improve their powers or just contain them ? In the latter case they (mutants like Jane) were born Gods and every other battle is meaningless. It's all about when they get the green light to go apeshit. Then again it doesn't make a sense for a mutant like Apocalypse who supposedly has thousands of years of fighting experience to ignore how OP mutants like Jane exists. He is total shit really. All his years and has no OP powers or fighting cleverness to show for. And he is a manlet.
>>
>>70442821
the phoenix force is a force and not a mutant power
jean is like a vessel for it until the day that she loses control and it is unleashed and destroys the universe so that it can start anew
the previous universe's phoenix force user was Galactus
>>
>>70442956
that's the funnybook version

the phoenix force is most likely still jean's power in the flicks until they explicitly retcon it
>>
>>70442956

that's even worse than the deus ex machina Quicksilver was when he was comfortably saving everyone in the mansion. It's totally silly how she can use such a power with just the faint possibility of a repercussion as a balance measure. As I said why they take out the "training to improve/master their powers" factor, they render every other battle meaningless. Jean is literally a convenient god who can stop everything even though she has little to no experience both at fighting and training. OP was right they are plebs, they are kids who beat (with Jeans doing the main work) a mutant of thousands of years. Who is a manlet.
>>
X-Men 3 is better than this garbage.
>>
> film has not one but TWO characters that have get out of jail free cards when the writers can't find a way to solve a problem with the script.

Literal pleb tier.
>>
>>70434854

>age of ultron
>time span of 2 weeks max

>civil war
>a fight in the parking lot

At least people died in Apocalypse.
>>
>>70443816
shame they can't actually use any of the actual mutant plot because SCARLET WITCH IS IN AVENGERS.
>>
>>70434831
I always figured only the adult X-Men could beat Apocalypse with perhaps help from the Brotherhood
>>
>>70443816
>At least people died in Apocalypse.

magneto's daughter and wife dies. no biggie. magneto murders god knows now many people. no biggie.

Apocalypse is probably the most incoherent superhero movie I've seen.
>>
>>70444064

I always figured it would have been Cable's deal considering he comes from a timeline where Apocalypse wins.
>>
>>70444106
Cables too busy helping Deadpool also Scott and Jean would be very confused seeing as how they're 15
>>
File: 1464793806847.png (347 KB, 725x664) Image search: [Google]
1464793806847.png
347 KB, 725x664
>>70443816
Havok only died so he could be in fucking Monster Trucks, nigga
>>
>>70444215
> he forgets that Cable beating the shit out of Cyclops is a regular occurrence in the comics.
>>
>>70434831
He only got beaten by Jean going phoenix on his ass.

Nobody else could touch him.
>>
>>70444326
> he only got beaten by DEUS PHOENEX MACHINA.
>>
>>70444374
Yup.

Phoenix ruins another movie.
>>
>>70438717
If billboards were cheap, I would pay for them to put this up.
>>
>>70444422
It was better in X-Men 3 where Jean had actually matured in her power level enough to justify using that level of power.

Sansa is literally just a kid pulling out god-mode on a being literally older than civilization itself.
>>
>>70434831
You have to admit Marlon Brando's performance was amazing, though.
>>
File: r1r41f431t64254.jpg (55 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
r1r41f431t64254.jpg
55 KB, 900x900
>>70438717
>>
File: 1449219860352.jpg (81 KB, 610x611) Image search: [Google]
1449219860352.jpg
81 KB, 610x611
>>70438717
keep going
>>
File: Dr_Donald_Trump.jpg (117 KB, 725x1000) Image search: [Google]
Dr_Donald_Trump.jpg
117 KB, 725x1000
>>70434831
>completely ruined the movie
No. Bryan Singer's lack of talent did that. There are plausible ways a bunch of plebs with very varied skills could work together to defeat someone with god-like powers, this film does none of those things becaus it was made by a hack that enjoys the company of young men.
>>
>>70434831
He didn't even lose to any of the X-men, xavier weakened him just in time for Jean to use the Phoenix force to obliterate him. That's why he says at last I truly see, because he realized that he was nothing compared to the living embodiment of chaos that is the Phoenix Force in Jean. She had no control over it, it has control over her. Non of the x-men would've won without literal chaos that has a will to destroy everything to help them.
>>
>>70444610
>>70434831
>Actually expecting the bad guy to win
Are you kids just retarded?
>>
>>70442956
That sounds really stupid, no wonder they changed it in the movies.
>>
>>70444501
>X-Men 3 where Jean had actually matured

exactly.

>>70444632
>xavier weakened him

sure.

>>70444735
>Are you kids just retarded?

but he is not even a proper bad guy, he is literally retarded. his minions betray him as easily as they follow him. all he does in the movie is recruit losers and raises a temple only that was HOW he was buried in the first place. and shoot some nuclear rockets, just because.
>>
>>70434831
that's what happens when you have these movies where the entirety of the world is in danger. the heroes have to overcome a villain they shouldn't be able to defeat.
>>
I haven't watched the movies with the guy from Star Trek and the gay guy from Lord of the Rings, but can someone explain to me what the point of the movies are if Apocalypse is supposed the end game?

Are Magneto and Xavier friends/allies in the old movies? I've only seen First Class, Days of Future Past, and Apocalypse because all the other X Men movies look like they're shit.
>>
I genuinely enjoyed the moment when Magneto threw two pillars in the ground before Apocalypso.

Did you notice that the pillars formed an X, like the X in X-Men?

It was very deep symbolism, for the return of Magneto to the X-Men.
>>
>>70434917

>phoenix
>not powerful as FUCK

you need to get your goddamn shit checked
>>
>>70435372
>Phoenix shits on GER
>GER resets shit to zero
>Phoenix is now having its shit go back up its ass for all eternity
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.