[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't there an Australian Hollywood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: ys.jpg (69 KB, 649x1000) Image search: [Google]
ys.jpg
69 KB, 649x1000
Why isn't there an Australian Hollywood?
>>
>>70434183
>Ey lads, how's about we get a new flick rollin'?
>Hooly dooly!
>>
>>70434183
>AussieWood
because they're walk of fame would just be crocodile dundee
>>
because locally produced movies that aren't funded by hollywood studios almost never break $1m at the local box office and all our talent moves to the us/uk
>>
american marketing basically has a stranglehold on film and music
>>
>>70434183
Can't be fucked mate. We'll just make cheap horror and comedy films that are vaguely nihilistic and depressing. We'll leave the money making jew schemes to you,
>>
Because the only time Australian movies get any sort of attention, let alone praise, is on the international festival circuit. Most Australians don't watch or even know about most Australian movies, so they never get screened at multiplexes, so they never make much money. And also, since they're mostly low budget indies, their subject matter (usually dialogue heavy social dramas or very dark crime thrillers) rarely have mass appeal.
>>
>>70434275
This. Even films that get multiple AACTA awards aren't profitable.
>>
there's only so many backpacker murder movies we can produce in one year
>>
>>70434183
I don't know about movies, but I remember watching a lot of australian/new zealand shows in my childhood. Spellbinder was my favourite.
>>
Because nobody understands their fucking accent
>>
>>70434406
Kek
>>
>>70434485
Australian is accentkino, mate.
>>
Just about every Australian movie I've watched I've found pretty enjoyable. Saying that though I've not seen that many. The Castle, Kenny, Red Hill, 33 Postcards, Priscilla and obviously Mad Max series all range from okay to pretty good.
>>
>>70434485
found the amerifat
>>
File: fam.jpg (9 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
fam.jpg
9 KB, 210x240
>>70434183
Not a large enough market.

America has a very large market and so in turn has a large film industry. Because America is the richest english speaking country in the world Hollywood has become the center of filmmaking for many of the english speaking countries.

Films and shows are produced in australia, by australians, all the time, but these are usually just art projects funded by government grants or private institutions. Anyone involved with a successful film project will move to hollywood as soon as possible because that's where the money is.
>>
Someshare some Aussie kino
>>
Anyone who hasn't seen Bad Boy Bubby needs to rectify immediately. Possibly the best movie to ever come out of Australia
>>
>>70435340
Picnic at hanging rock is pretty good.
>>
>>70435248
America has a large film industry because of the jews that emigrated there
If the jews had been treated better in Europe right now American cinema would be as relevant as British cinema
>>
>India has its own Hollywood
>NIGERIA has its own Hollywood

Australia LITERALLY has zero excuses.
>>
Because there's 57 Australians and they have about 6 dollars between them.
>>
>>70435540
But china and india have large film industries with very little jewish influence.
>>
>>70434183
The closest to it is probably Wellington
>inb4 THATS NOT MUH AUSTRALIA
I know
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.