[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why even bother with a DCU? Just make it a Batman cinematic universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: batman-1989-logo.jpg (43 KB, 860x484) Image search: [Google]
batman-1989-logo.jpg
43 KB, 860x484
Why even bother with a DCU? Just make it a Batman cinematic universe as Batman is a more recognizable brand than DC and is literally all the only DC capeshit that anyone cares about.
>>
>>70431416
Can a single batman actor be in 2 movies a year?
>>
I completely agree. Compared to Batman, all other DC properties are mediocre at best. There is so little difference between the Flash, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter etc. in terms of character. They might as well all be the same person. None of them can compete with Batman. They've all been forgotten. Superman was once a contender, but Man of Steel was the final nail in the coffin.

Batman should exist in his own universe, separate from all other DC characters.
>>
They should have Christopher Nolan reboot it
>>
>>70431595
No.

I agree making on Batman cinematic universe but other DC characters should make cameos.

Like one of episode batman is very bad position, superman just comes up and saves and shit(just in end of movie and when he is pretty bad hurt).

other one involve flash and he investigates some shit for 20 min .

not entirely Nolan like but still its Batman themed universe.

more like BTAS
>>
Why not just make every movie a Batman movie.
>>
File: 8Z1qzfgklo1_1280.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
8Z1qzfgklo1_1280.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
>tfw Batman actually is a more recognizable brand than DC now
>>
>>70431658
I didn't read your post because I could see from the first sentence that you disagree with me, and there is no way for you or anyone else to justify that. If you cannot see immediately that Batman is leagues beyond all other DC properties, then you're simply stupid. The world, characters, visual style etc. are all so perfectly crafted and well-designed that Batman has truly transcended any "shared universe" comic book concept. He can hold his own without having to feature in shameless "superhero team-up" cash grabs.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1588x2212) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1588x2212
lmao

how can you fuck up THIS badly?

Disney really knows what they're doing and how to do it.
>>
>>70431818
>ignoring superman returns and green lantern
You act like that's a bad thing
>>
>>70431818
They should have just connect entire thing to Dark Knight trilogy. Make superman etc set in reality. Not too comic booky but this way it could still make billions and get %90s
>>
Why even bother with capeshit? Why does anyone care about these unbelievably dull movies?
>>
File: Hot Pupper.jpg (144 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Hot Pupper.jpg
144 KB, 1024x768
>>70431687
>Watching Saving Private Ryan
>Tom Hanks is down
>Shooting at tank with hand gun out of desperation
>Plane flies over
>It's the Batwing
>Batman comes flying down and uses a shape charge to blow open the tank.
>He pulls out all the germans and puts them in batcuffs.
>He then zip-lines out of there.
>Tom Hanks: "Where does he get those wonderful toys"
>>
>>70431874
They make dat ¥¥¥¥
>>
They already have a dozen batman movies. Some people want to see a different character once in a while.
>>
>>70431873
Nolan had it in his contract that Warner Bros can't touch that universe.

He wanted everything to be grounded in reality so no Superman or anything.
>>
>>70431818
>Watchmen doesn't count
The DC comics are currently being written in a way that makes Dr. Manhattan central to the entire DCU. The guy writing them this way is also writing DCEU films, so it's a fair bet that Watchmen will be retconned into the DC movie universe.

tl;dr: Watchmen is being retconned into the DCEU.
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 1024x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 1024x660
kek
>>
>>70431911
No you want batman
>>
File: 1457571667632.png (947 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
1457571667632.png
947 KB, 474x503
>tfw stand alone bane movie
>>
>>70431874
why do you even open these threads?
>>
>>70431450
That's why you get a catwoman, a robin etc
>>
I just wish there were TV adaptions of the actual good superheros, I think capeshit would work much better as TV but none of the mainstream capeshit have gone for a proper adaption. With different villains and storylines throughout different episodes.

Batman or Spiderman could make for really good TV shows with the strength of their Rouges Galleries.

Something like Gotham but with the actual heros, unless they jump the shark with it and have Bruce become Batman in that, but with how scrawny he is that would probably fail hard.
>>
>>70432314
To ask questions such as the one above
>>
>>70432314
Because I need to tell people about other, better options
>>
>>70431687
They could make standalone Harley Quinn, Batgirl, and Catwoman movies. Really would get that tumblr money.
>>
>>70432487
Well because people like superhero movies. It's better than shit like London Has Fallen, A Good Day To Die Hard, Minions and other vapid and stupid blockbusters.

>>70432495
But no one asked.
>>
>>70432681
Reminder that Minions and Cars 2 are meme bashed by people who haven't seen them
>>
>>70431818
>Disney really knows what they're doing and how to do it.

Yes, the execs really know to make safe assembly line mediocre garbage that idiots like yourself will watch regardless. Easy money.
>>
>>70432900
Even that is 2hard4nuDC
>>
>>70432900
That's exactly what DC is trying to do and failing hard.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.