[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you change about BvS and why? >inb4 i wouldnt its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: snapped neck.jpg (8 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
snapped neck.jpg
8 KB, 224x224
What would you change about BvS and why?
>inb4 i wouldnt its perfect

This is for people who disliked it or liked it but think it needs tweeking
>>
>>70428890
Everything but Ben Affleck
>>
TELL
>>
File: tellthattozodssnappedneck.jpg (67 KB, 888x499) Image search: [Google]
tellthattozodssnappedneck.jpg
67 KB, 888x499
>>70428890
>>
>>70428890
>Make it more obvious superman didn't kill the warlord
>don't nuke the court scene, instead give supes a trial, give him some good moments, and end it with something like "superman can't use his powers in the jurisdiction of the US"
>have lex instigate a moment where superman needs to use his powers that triggers batman to fight him and bring him In
>batman wants to jail superman not kill him
>makes like a kryptonite trap instead of a spear
>fight ends with superman turning himself in after leaving the battle to save a random civilian watching
>batman realizes superman isn't that bad
>lex makes some super kryptonian suit in the ship for himself instead of doomsday final boss
>>
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.
>>
>>70428890
I need a scene where the world's greatest detective faces Superman and reminds him of Zod's snapped neck.

Also, Batman should've been raped in prison.
>>
>>70428890
I need an R-rated cut with 30 extra minutes.
>>
>>70429143
what would be in the 30 extra minutes?

batman gets raped in prison scene?
>>
>>70429106
>>70429217
Batman needs to get raped.
>>
>>70428890
Make it 5 hours long.
>>
Needs quips, it's too serious. Movies shouldn't touch serious subject matter.
>>
File: 146379179159.jpg (49 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
146379179159.jpg
49 KB, 719x719
>>70428890
I remember those 2 days that DCucks tried to force this guy into a meme out of pure anger.
It was delicious to see them all mad as fuck.
>>
I'd remove Batman, Superman and anything else remotely related to comic books and make it a film about young Lex, the "superman", named as such for his business expertise at an extremely young age, overcoming the hardships of being a young CEO and company owner in the 20th century.
>>
From what I've heard of the Ultimate Cut, it seems to fix most of the things I had a problem with.
The one thing I'd change is Gal Gadot.
>>
>>70430279
Based evanposter stirring shit up
let marveldrones and dcucks kill each other
we will rise from the ashes and make /tv/ great again
>>
File: stuckmannizer.jpg (43 KB, 523x521) Image search: [Google]
stuckmannizer.jpg
43 KB, 523x521
>>70430279
>implying he didn't make himself into a meme
>>
Remove fucking Doomsday, have Batman and Superman come together because they realize that they're not really that different, not because they have to defeat a big bad.
Make the movie just about Batman versus Superman.
>>
File: muh jokes.jpg (119 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
muh jokes.jpg
119 KB, 1024x1024
>>70430464
>implying /tv/ was ever great
>>
>>70430383
So you'd make a far shittier version of the comic Lex Luthor Man of Steel with heavy elements of the social media thrown in for good measure....

Never make films.
>>
>>70430506
This pretty much. That also means no Justice League stuff.
>>
>>70430506
>they realize that they're not really that different

Wasn't that the point of the "Martha" scene?
>>
>>70430563
No, there's no superman and Lex is just an ambitious young businessman.

>social media
>20th century
retard.
>>
>>70430584
And then Doomsday appears, and they unite to defeat him.
Destroying any chance of building up their relationship from the Martha scene because you need to have a big epic fight against a CGI blob.
>>
>>70430506
Bet you hated Zemo too.. oh wait. No, you probably thought he was the best MCU villain to date.
>>
>>70430555
/tv/ is the greatest board there is and ever was, every post is a well constructed ruse to make the man think we have been invaded by reddit so that we can take the mods and janitors by surprise when it's time to slaughter them like animals
>>
File: Daniel Jay Pepe.png (329 KB, 455x439) Image search: [Google]
Daniel Jay Pepe.png
329 KB, 455x439
>>70430634
>it's an "anon brings up comic book console wars unheeded" episode
Seriously consider suicide.
>>
>>70430626
They were pretty united after that "Martha" scene. Batman wouldn't help Superman if they weren't.

Doomsday was Lex's trump card.
>>
>>70430603
THE Social Media
The film of the sa!e name dealing with up and coming business.
Your film still sounds like garbage.
>>
>remove Africa shit and bullet plot line
>Remove wonder woman and Lex's email
>Introduce wonder woman at the end of the movie to set up the sequel
>Recast Lex and make him not autistic
>give batman a better reason not to kill superman
>Give superman way more screen time and make him a lot less depressed/depressing
>Don't make Clark seem like he deserves to be fired
>>
File: hippepe.jpg (42 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
hippepe.jpg
42 KB, 500x441
>>70430670
>it's an "anon can't think of a rebuttal so he just makes an insult" episode
>>
>>70430763
>it's an "anon can't think of a rebuttal so he just makes an insult" episode
Ironic. The other guy was saying the movie could have been better if they just erased Doomsday, and then you come and bring Marvel here becasue you can't think of a rebutall only your emotions and the erroneous thinking that the /tv/ mob will help you.
>>
>>70430697
I'll repeat myself, because there is nothing else to say:

>20th century
retard
The 20th century started in the year 1900 and lasted 100 years from then.
>>
>>70430832
I was pointing out the hypocrisy of a statement.
If you think the movie would have been better without Doomsday then you'd have to say Civil War would have been better without Zemo.

>only your emotions
I feel nothing.

>and the erroneous thinking that the /tv/ mob will help you
Funny, because I knew people like you would come to his rescue since /tv/ is infested with Marvel drones.
>>
>>70431013
>then you'd have to say Civil War would have been better without Zemo.
This isn't a thread about Civil War.
Nobody but you mentioned Civil War, or Zemo, in any capacity.
>>
Make it a superman and/or batman movie instead of justice League prequel
Don't have spoopermin die at the end of a movie where his motives are so unclear/nonexistent that not only do you not care about him, you dislike for being such a hypocrite
>>
>>70431103
The movies are similar so pointing out similarities is inevitable.
I wasn't making any value judgments on either movie.
I did presume to know what anon thought about both movies.
Since he didn't correct me, I stand by what I said.
The fact that you jumped to his defense is a clear indication of your alignment, hence your annoyance by comparing the two movies.
>>
>>70430833
>Implying your pitch isn't the same shit thematically regardless of its timeframe.
Yeah, I'm the retarded one. Sure.
>>
STILL MY BOY
>>
>>70431245
What enjoyment do you gain from bringing up needless bullshit?
This isn't a thread about what's the better movie, BvS or CW.
Just because anon doesn't like Doomsday, because he actually detracts from the movie, doesn't mean he likes Civil War, or Zemo as a villain.
You fucking retard.
>>
>>70431245
>The movies are similar so pointing out similarities is inevitable.
I loved the sudden apparance of Red Hulk at the end of Civil War that made Tony and Cap forgive each other so they could fight him alongside Captain Marvel.

You know, 'cause they're so similar.
>>
>>70431324
>I loved the sudden apparance of Iron Man at the end of Civil War that made Tony and Cap forgive each other so they could fight Zemo alongside Bucky.

FTFY
>>
>>70431448
I'll take "Things that never happened" for 500, Alex
>>
>>70431300
No, it isn't.
The times dictate the way people interact.
>>
>>70431318
>Just because anon doesn't like Doomsday, doesn't mean he actually detracts from the movie.

FTFY
>>
>>70431497
>Tony is supposed to bring in Cap.
>At the end of CW he wants to help Cap to bring in Zemo.
>Tony, Cap and Bucky confront Zemo.

Things that happened for 1000, Alex.
>>
>>70431504
Its OK if you don't understand, but please don't expect me to keep trying to explain this to you.
>>
Replace Doomsday with Bizarro-Zod

Have Zod seem normal and slowly over the course of the film become bizarro
>>
>>70431597
>>Tony, Cap and Bucky confront Zemo.
Remind me the exact minute mark where Zemo is literally, physically fighting against Cap, Bucky and Tony after two of them have been reminded their mother's name was the same.

I'll download the shitty rip, just remind me the exact minute.
>>
>>70431743
Doomsday fights Bats, Supes and WW physically.
Zemo lets Tony fight Bucky and Cap.

That's the only difference.

Imagine BvS but instead of Doomsday, Lex made Supes fight Bats.

Ow, wait. That happened.
>>
>>70428890
Chris Weidman?
>>
Needs more quips
>>
>>70431910
>That's the only difference.
Uh huh.

Next time don't bring up Marvel, faggot. If you do, at least have a point.
>>
>>70431910
This isn't meant as a comparison thread pal. If you're butthurt that CW was better received, fine, be butthurt.

The issue at hand is admitting BvS was flawed. Not by comparison to other films but on its own. And having admitted that, addressi g how to better the movie.

Do you understand or are you just here to bait?
>>
>Remove anyone but Batman and Superman from the justice league and shit
>Not kill superman
>Not even add doomsday bcs there wouldn't be that scene w/ out justice league
>Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor
>different story completely, also 1 story not 12
>>
>>70431013

>I feel nothing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Christ, anon. If you didn't feel you wouldn't care, if you didn't care you wouldn't be arguing about this in a glorified internet forum. I love that "I feel nothing" teenage mentality you have.
>>
>>70432143
If someone says 2+2=5, I don't feel anything. I just point out that it's wrong.

Doomsday was a perfectly fine addition for the story they wanted to tell.

Batman doesn't trust Superman.
Superman sacrifices himself while killing Doomsday.
Batman is inspired by Superman.

Let me ask you this. If it was just Batman v Superman, how would you make them fight each other without making them look like idiots?

Why would they fight each other?

And after that, how would the fight end? Who would win? If any of the two? How would you end the movie? Who would have learned what from who?

Let's see if you guys can actually create a coherent story that doesn't seem idiotic.

And a friendly reminder, you can't have it end like TDK Returns because Batman is supposed to be in the next movie.
>>
>>70432372
Batman kills Superman not Doomsday.

That was easy.
>>
>>70432524
And what would Batman have learned from that?
>>
>>70428890
>A better character motivation for superman and lex
>Batman knows superman identity
>A first encounter where batman has to fight superman with no preparation (like in the first new 52 justice league comic)
>The last fight between batman and superman ends with batman giving the speech he gave in The dark nights returns and sticking the kryptonite spear right next to superman's face
>no doomsday (replace it with bizarro or lex in a power suit)
>>
>>70432563
That he can end an alien menace to the planet.
Like he had been manipulated to do by lex.
>>
>>70432594
>no doomsday (replace it with bizarro or lex in a power suit)

So the same thing, just in a different skin.
>>
>>70432677
>That he can end an alien menace to the planet.

Shouldn't the whole point be that he learns that Supes isn't a menace to the planet?

Especially considering that they eventually end up working together in the Justice League?
>>
>>70431978
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.
>>
>>70428890
>No bullet subplot
>No Flash vision
>No Wonder Woman
>No Pa Kent scene; instead establish the mountain as a Fortress of Solitude substitute - the one place he can completely tune out of the world.
>Superman more of a hero character who is tormented by not being able to save everybody
>During the Doomsday fight, Batman feels powerless and realizes the necessity of metahumans in protecting Earth
>Superman is buried and Batman, using data uncovered from Lexcorp, sets out to find other metahumans to form the Justice League
>>
>>70432095
>>Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor
memecasting
>>
-Cut Wonder Woman
-Cut any references to the Justice League
-Cut the dream sequence where a bat monster emergences from Martha Wayne's tomb
-Shorten or cut parts of the Lois Lane subplot, especially the spear sections and the metal bullet sections
-Remove the car cash, car cashes are dumb and only for little boys who like watching vroom vrooms
-Spend more time on Batman and Superman, world building, their histories, their ethics, Superman's life as Clark, what turned Batman cruel, etc.
-More time on the government and public reaction to Superman
-Make Lex's motivations clearer and more coherent
-Remove the death of Superman
-Remove dingdingdingdingding, dingdingdingdingding
>>
File: Batfleck Logic.png (461 KB, 749x745) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck Logic.png
461 KB, 749x745
>>70428890
It's literally a page one rewrite.

BvS was horrible on every level.

Frankly the easiest and best thing to do would be add another hour to the World's Finest story from Superman The Animated Series. It's easily the best first meeting of the two heroes.
>>
>>70428924
jeremy irons?
>>
>>70430491
>tell that to my snapped dick
>>
>>70432779
Nope, we save that for another movie. Because rushing this shit was a fucking terrible idea.

>Eventually

Exactly
>>
>>70433173
i liked what they tried to do, if only they did it well
>>
>>70433592
What movie? BvS 2?

Batman's arc in your movie would be:

>Batman is murdering criminals
>Batman murders Superman
>Batman learns murder is always the solution

This is why you will never get paid to write.
>>
>>70433648
Nope, Batman has Lois explain what Led was up to. See rather than chase magic bullets she actually would have foiled lex, but falls just short. Martha is still captured, and the act of rescuing her and forming the league will eventually be an act of redemption not of "the flash told me to do out in a dream"
>>
>>70428890
God, i hate this drugged anus leakage. I seriously hope none of you watch him
>>
>>70433751
So you would have Lois have better detective skills than Batman.
Batman kill Superman.
And Batman forming the Justice League for no apparent reason other than redemption.

Makes total sense fampai. Would pay to see that.
>>
>>70433923
In essence yes. I would make Lois worth a damn, not just damsel in distress, uncover Luthor's plot and being the one who hunted down Meta humans for a pulitzer. And Batman would not see through Luthors ruse because he was understandably enraged by the alien menance who killed thousands. I would make Lex's manipulation of the heroes explicit and Batman return from beyond the edge through a quest of personal discovery and redemption. In his mind hes not forming the league to lead them but to be replaced by them. Superman would of course be resurrected later, but that's par for the course. There would be no hint of his resurrection to come.
>>
>>70433907
I dont, i ony know of him because of this board. when i did try and watch one of his videos i had to switc off 1 minute in as his nasally monotone voice made me want to nap. and im bein nice here.
>>
>>70434165
>In his mind hes not forming the league to lead them but to be replaced by them.

To do what? Fight crime in Gotham? Really?
>>
>>70434374
No, fight crime in the wider world. The problems we see in Gotham are the tip of the iceberg. Lex proves it and so do the covert conflicts the meta humans Lois has been researching are fighting. But of course this wouldn't all be part of just one film, it's a cinematic universe DC wants after all.
>>
>>70428890
> Release a three hour version, the original script was 4 hours. WB should have just released it in order to make the best movie possible
> I think the thing above would fix the editing of the movie, but if not yeah. Some scenes transition awkwardly or feel out of place
> Batman branding is far enough. In fact, the movie focuses more on that then the murders and his redemption is shown though the branding and not the murdering. Felt like the murders were cheap (and the action scenes would have been a lot more clever)
> I didn't like Einsenberg, recast as someone more imposing. He'd make a perfect Riddler though
> Cut Wonder Woman and JL cameos
> Cut Superman feeling like an alien. We already covered that ground in MoS.
> Doomsday looked awful, cut him
> Don't kill Jimmy
> get rid of Superman looking like Christ to the audience. People watching should feel like the messianic image is being project solely by the civilians in the film. The film tries to do both and feels awkward

Idk i could go on all day. I really wanted to like this film and I'm willing to give the ultimate edition a shot
>>
>>70434293
It's this. Even in the obligatory "super enthusiastic" thumbnails, he still has a wasted look on his face
>>
>>70435218
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!
>>
File: 1462329654198.jpg (137 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462329654198.jpg
137 KB, 600x600
why do people watch his shit
>>
>>70435885
ask that to zod's snapped neck
>>
>>70435218
Yeah thats it you nailed it now i know why i find his look super creepy he looks like hes on drugs.
>>
>>70432372
>Why would they fight each other?
The same reason they fight in the movie we have: because of Lex Luthor's machinations.
Bats and Supes don't fight because they disagree on the subject of Doomsday.
Just have their fight end in the Martha scene, but elaborate on it, have them actually discuss their ideologies.
Then have them go after Luthor, with Bats showcasing his detective skills and Supes helping the cities' populace.
>>
File: 1432501538960.jpg (56 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1432501538960.jpg
56 KB, 500x385
Will Chris ever live this down?

He committed the ultimate reviewer taboo.
>>
>>70437178
I hope not, he wanted to have notoriety well he got it, just not in the way he wanted.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.