[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is it actually good? Critics are the only ones talking shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 729x1109) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 729x1109
So is it actually good?
Critics are the only ones talking shit about it, while the majority of people seem to love it.
>>
>>70427405
>while the majority of people seem to love it.
Yeah, because of one scene.
>>
>>70427405
People like the Quicksilver scene.
Overall it's really mediocre and it has nothing to do against DOFP.
>>
it's better than BvS by far, but worse than Civil War
>>
>>70427510
>it's better than BvS by far
I know you're going for some epic meme levels of opinion, but no.

When people talk about Apocalypse it's only about the quicksilver scene. The rest of the movie is pretty forgettable.
>>
Pretty bad for me. Apocalypse was found in the backyard of a literal kebab place. Storm and the others had incredibly weak motivations to join him as well. I mean, I can understand Magneto, but why did Storm suddenly want the destruction of the world?

Some other things I forgot, but remember seeing a lot of plotholes during the movie. Pacing was also wonky.
>>
>>70427552
I know yo're going for some epic meme levels of opinion, but no

When people talk about Dawn of JUSTice it's only about the MARTHA scene. The rest of the movie is pretty forgettable
>>
>>70427405

it was alright, had some problems like every character being too OP and the ending just being a generic clusterfuck of CGI buildings disintegrating, but Magneto and Quicksilver were based
>>
>>70427405
It's decent at best, nothing really great or terrible about it.

Huge step down from DOFP and FC.
>>
>>70427552
I don't know many, the only good part of BvS was the fight scene, other than that it was pretty shit.
>>
>>70427552

unlike all the memorable scenes in BvS like.... um.... where they.... they realize their moms had the same name?
>>
File: 1465001216712.gif (2 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1465001216712.gif
2 MB, 286x258
>>70427577
There's no refuting this post.
>>
>>70427503
>DOFP
DOFP is at least just as bad as Apocalypse, and not half as fun.
>>
>>70427577
nigga went full retard in that scene. Sounded just like simple jack.
>>
>>70427510
>ask if film is good
>i-it's better than _____
If it's shit it's shit, no one cares about your comic adaptation wars autist
>>
It's pretty terrible.

I enjoyed BvS more and I thought BvS sucked.

I'd put Apocalypse behind X3. Origins is probably only the worse Xmen movie.
>>
File: lex.jpg (97 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
lex.jpg
97 KB, 1600x900
>>70427552
>Lex: Boy, do we have problems up here, mmh! Aah the...mmh, the problem of...of shitposting in the world. Aaamh, the problem of absolute memery.

>Evansposter: I'll take you in without breaking you, which is more than you deserve.

>Lex: The problem about you above everything else. You above all. Ahh, 'cause that's what memes are: quips, company wars, capekino, Evans, Anon...the autist...NEET. See, what we call cringe depends upon our tribe, Anon. 'Cause cringe is tribal, cringe takes sides. No screewriter on Hollywood intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from Marvel's quips and abominations. Mmm, I figured out way back. If memes are all-shitposty, then they cannot be OC. And if they're all-OC, then they cannot be all-shitposty, and neither can you be. They need to see the fraud you are...with their eyes: the ban evasions on your hands.

>Evansposter: What have you done?

>Lex: Mmm...And tonight, they will. Yes, because you, my friend, have a date...mmm...across the site. The ripe fruit is hate. Two months growing, but it did not take much to push him over, actually. Little baits, copypasta spam, YOU LET YOUR MEMES BECOME STALE! And now, you will fly to me, and you'll battle me...to the death. Black and blue. Fight night. The greatest shitposter match in the history of the world. Manchild vs. NEET. Day vs. Night. Evans of Reddit vs. Jannie of 4chan
>>
>>70427740
>Evansposter: You think I'll fight him for you?

>Lex: Mmm...yes I do. I think you will fight, fight, fight for that special movie in your life.

>Evansposter: It's safe on Rotten Tomatoes, How about you?

>Lex: Close, but I am not talking about Civil War. No, every Marveldrone's special movie is his favorite. Ahh, GotG, GotG, GotG. Mmm...well the favorite movie of a pleb must be a flick. The punishment for flicks, what is that? That's right, banned from /film/.

>Evansposter: WHERE IS IT?

>Lex: I don't know! I would not let them tell me! Now rrraaa, if you ignore him, GotG is banned from /film/. If you go to Reddit, mmm...GotG also is banned from /film/. But if you timestamp your cuckshed, GotG is kino. There we go, there we go. And now Evansposter bends to my will. Now the cameras are waving at your ship for the world to see the holes in the pleb! Yes, the shitposter comes clean about how dirty he is when it counts. To save GotG post a pic of your cuckshed. Ahh! Mother of Hiro, would you look at the time!? When you came here, you had 20 minutes!...Now it's less.
>>
>>70427740
Is this Meme Lover 2 leaked dialogue?
>>
X-Men Apocalypse wasn't great but is still one of the better popcorn flicks of the past five years.
>>
>>70427405
It's better than The Wolverine and Origins, but worse than every other X-Men movie.
>>
>>70427912
After X2, it's the best in the bunch.

>muh DOFP masterpiece
>>
>>70427912
>It's better than The Wolverine and Origins, but worse than every other X-Men movie.

The Wolverine is the best Xmen movie.
>>
>>70428351
No it isn't.
>>
File: 848f8c173-12.jpg (1 MB, 2648x3959) Image search: [Google]
848f8c173-12.jpg
1 MB, 2648x3959
Is she supposed to be arab now? What was with that shitty accent
>>
>>70427405
its better than Civil War by a country mile.

It has a plot for one.
>>
>>70427552
When people talk about BvS it's to laugh about it or wonder how Snyder fucked up so hard.
>>
>>70428531
>What was with that shitty accent
Consistency. She grows up to become Halle Berry.
>>
no.
>>
>>70428531

Storm was orphaned in Egypt and grew up there picking up the accent, she's actually American. Remember how Halle Berry has no accent in X1 but then has one in X2?
>>
>>70428637
You have those switched.
She had the accent in X1, but not X2
>>
>>70428697
That was her character arc in the original trilogy.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (138 KB, 700x928) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
138 KB, 700x928
>>70427405
It has some great moments. The problem is it is too full. Too stuffed with characters and side plots.

It needed a couple characters to focus on. Take Scott - he was new. You could have followed him. Instead we followed everyone. And built things up only to destroy them.

It felt like they had 3 main plots, a million subplots and just put them all in. Magneto has a family? Oh this is going to end well.

Jean becoming Phoenix? Wasn't earned. t just happened. We know nothing about her or her and Scott.

It isn't a bad film just too much. So other people get shafted.
>>
>>70428770
>buncha non-criticisms
>>
>>70427444
>Magneto Scene
>Quicksilver scene
>Jean Grey scene

Which one???
>>
>>70428816
Fuck you on about. Bunch of criticisms actually.

It needed a rewrite and some better editing.
>>
>>70428770
>Too stuffed with characters and side plots.
What the plot is simpler than CW or BvS, I agree there were too many characters, and 2 of them totally useless and no needed at all (Angel and Mystique)
>>
>>70428832
Read the thread retard, it's been mentioned multiple times
>>
>>70428873
Those are vague non-criticisms.
>>
It was alright, enjoyed it more than BvS. I wouldn't say it's worth paying for, but it's worth pirating.

Civil War > Memepool > Apocalypse > BvS for capeshit this year.
>>
I think this should be a lesson to Fox, both FF and Apoc, when you take a comic book and let people who knows no shit about them, and you let them change stories, characters or even costumes like they did with Human Torch or Apocalypse, people won't watch it.

Now with Deadpool, a movie that shows a character exactly as it is supposed to be. Then people will go and pay to watch it.
>>
>>70429027
perfect list
>>
>>70428916
You're being intentionally vague in your responses.

>>70428901
The overarching plot is simple.

But there is a lot of side plots. Where do we find all these characters? German underground. Fight club. Magneto family. Scott at school. Moira added back in. Weapon X (which has been in several films.

Magneto gets a family. It dies. Jean and what happens to her. Scott loses his brother. All these unearned moments that aren't built up to. They just happen because of the large cast and feel unearned. Characters need to be built not just put in.

Fassbender is a good actor and carried those scenes but look at what happened.
>>
>>70428832
>>Magneto Scene
lol you mean the scene where a shitty bow and arrow accidently killed two people in one half pulled shot because they were being attacked by birds.

Whatever coolness the locket had was ruined by how lame it was set up and how corny Magento's dialog was afterwards.

>Quicksilver scene
You mean the rehash of his scene in DoFP? Cept this time it's tone is all wrong because a belittles a major character death?

>Jean Grey scene
When she goes all Phoenix because Singer has to repeat the same story lines over and over? You thought that was a good scene. ?
>>
>>70427552
>not the goat scene with magneto in the Forrest
>not the goat scene at auschwitz
>not the goat nuke scene
Disappointing
>>
>>70428832
The Wolverine scene
>>
>>70429074
>people won't watch it.
But they did with all the previous X-Men films.
>Now with Deadpool, a movie that shows a character exactly as it is supposed to be. Then people will go and pay to watch it.
Deadpool's character seemed pretty watered down. What people will pay to watch is usually arbitrary. There is no surefire formula.
>>
>>70428577
Fuck no, Apocalypse has to be the worst capeshit since The Wolverine.
What a fucking chore to watch.
>>
>>70429107
>You're being intentionally vague in your responses.
No, you're just dumb. Saying a film isn't good because it needs a rewrite and had bad editing, is vague, and has no validity as criticism. You could say it about any film.
>>
File: X-Men.jpg (269 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
X-Men.jpg
269 KB, 900x1367
>>70429325
You're being dumb. You've said nothing of value and added nothing to the discussion.

Not every film could do with a rewrite. The actors are fine in this film. The film just has too much. You need more characterisation otherwise you just cheapen things. You cheapen character deaths because you have no investment in them. Alex Summers dies, so what?

And the film does this because it has too many characters and too many sideplots. The main plot becomes an afterthought in moments because you needed to add Weapon X or this or that.

You couldn't just say this about any film. Stop being an idiot. Did I insult the film you like so you've become a little bitch?
>>
>>70428904
you're a worthless piece of dog excrement
>>
>>70429473
>You're being dumb. You've said nothing of value and added nothing to the discussion.
No, that's you. I was just calling you out.
>Not every film could do with a rewrite. The actors are fine in this film. The film just has too much. You need more characterisation otherwise you just cheapen things. You cheapen character deaths because you have no investment in them. Alex Summers dies, so what?
Are you capable of a coherent thought? This movie was smarter than you, and it was a pretty dumb movie.
>And the film does this because it has too many characters and too many sideplots. The main plot becomes an afterthought in moments because you needed to add Weapon X or this or that.
You're getting a little redundant. At what point do you make a valid criticism?
>You couldn't just say this about any film.
I was responding to your post in which you said "it needed a rewrite and had bad editing." That was vague non-criticism.
>>
>>70427405

The only people who have serious expectations from a capeshit film are only children and manchilds. If you have nothing else to do then you may watch capeshit and hope to spend an entertaining hour or two and then forget about it a couple of days later. If you have expections above that, then you obviously are going to hate it.
>>
>>70429629
Fuck me, you're a retard. Poor attempt at trolling. I don't think you can even read.

Notice how you make no points at all? Add nothing to the discussion? Do you have any points?
>>
>>70429607
I'm not your mother
>>
>the majority of people seem to love it.
7.5 is very low for a brand new "blockbuster" on imdb.
>>
>>70429027
i agree to this list
>>
Even a weak X-Men movie is better than the trash Disney and DC have been putting out. This is the only capeshit franchise I see anymore.
>>
File: CefYJBIW4AE4Qjo.jpg (93 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CefYJBIW4AE4Qjo.jpg
93 KB, 600x600
It has some corny moments, like the part where Moira and Professor X are "flirting" but it has some nice scenes with comptetent direction/cinematography, and a great 80s feel to it. It's a serviceable capeshit film, and in my opinion better than BvS & Civil War.

Also:

Quicksilver's scenes in X-Men: Apocalypse > Spider-Man's scenes in Civil War
>>
>>70430072
>>70430159
>mfw irrelevant Foxcucks
Very glad this movie is a massive underperformer.
Completely deserved it, it's a 5/10 that no one was hyped for, no one wanted, and entertained no one.
>>
>>70427405

Did you like First Class and Days of Future Past? Then you'll enjoy Apocalypse, if you didn't enjoy those then you won't like it.

I have to say though I think Apocalypse has a great architectural aesthetic and definitely made only improvements to Cairo
>>
this would have been a better storyline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuVxCwNdWhg
>>
>>70428832
>>70429120
>Magneto Scene
I preferred the fake Fox """"employee""""" leak about Magneto's family being assaulted by the villagers.
>>
>>70429693
>Do you have any points?
I'm not discussing the movie with you. I'm just telling you that everything you say is non-criticism blather.
>>
>>70430072
>>70430159
>/tv/ contrarians praising the movie no one gives a shit about to try to shit on the ones that people do
So sad.
>>
>>70430390
Idk. I thought DOFP was a po-faced slog, but I loved X-Men Apocalypse.
>>
>>70427405
Still better than X men 3
>>
>>70430546

I enjoyed Future Past more, despite the huge number of characters it was a fairly tight narrative aside from the Wolverine/Striker B-plot. I liked they at least gave a solid continuity between old X-men and nu-Xmen.

Apocalypse while fun has the same problem as recent Marvel movies where no single character gets enough fleshing out or significance
>>
>>70430327
>>70430518
What are you talking about, moron? I liked the film better than two other films. Big deal. There's no "agenda". Not everyone's a sociopath like you.
>>
File: cyclops-end.jpg (74 KB, 1258x521) Image search: [Google]
cyclops-end.jpg
74 KB, 1258x521
I really liked the younger X-Men in this film. The scenes with Cyclops, Jean Grey and NightCrawker were great. Storm was a qt as well.
>>
File: 1451083905428.jpg (63 KB, 587x545) Image search: [Google]
1451083905428.jpg
63 KB, 587x545
>>70427405
Final fight is my only gripe.

Apocalypse didn't do anything. He just sat their with his shield up like a dork waiting for more Phoenix bullshit to happen.

He could have killed the shit out of all these dudes inside of a second.
>>
>>70427405
I honestly felt that this movie could have done better if it split into 2 parts. The first part would flesh out more of the characters background stories and character development since the last film, it would end with striker taking his selected few people. Then the 2nd part hypes up the action and they could have fleshed out the final battle, into something more memorable and without the cutting of certain scenes that we seen in tv spots or images.
>>
>>70431101
t. shill
>>
>>70429027

>Civil War being higher than anything

It was the most pointless capeshit this year. It was all flash and no substance.
>>
>>70427405
I don't get the hate, I loved it.
>>
Best capeshit of the year. It really felt like a comic book that came to life. I love the scenes with Apocalypse and his horsemen just brooding around and recruiting mutants, the cinematography looked great. Alot of people on /tv/ are judging the film even though they saw it on a camrip. You have to see it in theaters, the Phoenix scene was really powerful in imax.
>>
>>70430486
And everything you say is just a non-entity. Just pathetic droning on instead of saying anything else.

It isn't non-criticism. It is criticism. The film has too many characters, too many subplots and this ends up effecting it. That is a point and a criticism.
>>
>>70427577
Well thats not entirely true, i remember the Grandmas peach tea scene
>>
>>70427405
YES. So much better than BvS. A really fun movie
>>
File: Fry Pause.gif (301 KB, 270x271) Image search: [Google]
Fry Pause.gif
301 KB, 270x271
>>70427552
>/tv/ has become so contrarian anons actually think BvS was good
>>
>>70428832
>Magneto using the necklace to slice dozens of guy's necks in a bloody fashion
>the opening Egyptian shot
>Apocalypse and Xaviour fighting in the Mansion as Apocalypse is growing in size
>Magneto's random "Who the fuck are you".
>Wolverine's bloody murder spree
>The Auschwitz destruction scene

How the fuck does anyone not like this movie?
>>
>>70427552
No it isnt.

See
>>70433427

This movie had many amazing scenes. Way more memorable than BvS and Civil War.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.