[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pta/ general New Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: dfhaa.jpg (87 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
dfhaa.jpg
87 KB, 1180x842
DANIEL DAY LEWIS REUNITES WITH PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON

WILL DANNY WIN HIS 4TH BEST LEAD ACTOR OSCAR?

WILL PTA FINALLY WIN BEST PICTURE OR THE PALME D'OR??
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/06/03/daniel_day_lewis_is_in_talks_to_reunite_with_p_t_anderson_in_a_new_movie.html
>>
will be get phoenix lewis brolin and benicio in one film
>>
>>70427959
i wanted to ague about better actors but i think thats the best america has to offer that isnt tom hanks (i know toro isnt american)
>>
>>70428110
tom hanks has mostly been in tear bait cheese movies and spielberg
Zemekis a shit.
>>
>>70426303
>set in 1950s New York and revolve around the fashion industry

PTA is jelly of Refn, so he'll do the other side of the coin.
>>
PTA is the dictionary definition of entry level cinema. He not only steals from better directors, but he does it without any irony like Tarantino.

I am personally fine with it though. Because through PTA, all these freshmen college students will discover Robert Altman, who was the real deal. They will discover Scorsese, the most important American film director of our time, they will discover Kubrick, and the Coen Bros.

Through Altman, they will discover Renoir, through Kubrick, they will discover Ophuls, Scorsese to Fellini. Suddenly they realize PTA was just a child with no original thoughts in his head, that his films just revolve around quoting better directors while adding epic catch phrases like "I drink your milkshake!" and "Pig fuck!" Really there is no bigger clue in to how meaningless his cinema is when the only thing people discuss when mentioning his movies are 'le epic catch phrases, dude!'

You might say great artist steal, but what Picasso meant by this is that great artists are able to understand what works and manipulate it. PTA merely 'mimics'. This is why it is completely obvious who he is mimicking from film to film.
>>
>>70428512
i dont like PTA for the catchphrases
>>
>>70428512
I don't know if this is a fucking bait but I've seen films of all these directors before I've seen anything by PTA and I still love him to death. It's just the way it is, lot of directors take inspiration in previous generations Bogdanovich for example or even named Scorcese.

Jesus fuck, /tv/...
>>
>>70428512
Decent pasta
>>
File: 015.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
bump
>>
>>70428110
del Toro is American
>>
File: 1438870806027s.jpg (2 KB, 117x125) Image search: [Google]
1438870806027s.jpg
2 KB, 117x125
YES
E
S
>>
File: Window-sex.gif (3 MB, 330x203) Image search: [Google]
Window-sex.gif
3 MB, 330x203
TO THE WINDOOOOOOOW
TO THE WAAAAALLL
>>
>>70426303
Already hyped
>>
Whatever happened to him remaking Pinocchio?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.