[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will he ever quip?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
Will he ever quip?
>>
>>70425779

"I don't care." doesn't count? What about "The living are not finished with you yet?"

What qualifies a quip anyway?
>>
>>70425779
Was great when he btfo Hawkfag.

"I'm Clint"
"I don't care".
>>
>>70425820
I count as quip when they make a remark that serves only to try to make the audience laugh.
>>
>>70425820
>"The living are not finished with you yet?"
That's not a quip
>>
>>70425820
It's an ironic quip. It's suppose to make you laugh since they try to make it seem he's above it all.
>>
>>70425823
When are they gonna kill Hawkeye already? The wrong guy died in Avengers 2.
>>
>>70425779
WE
>>
>>70426017

That was the joke. Hawk guy had the "totally going to die" ques going on with the family and coming out of retirement.

I'm just mad Quipzilver quiped right before he died
>>
File: r3WidDt.gif (1 MB, 245x270) Image search: [Google]
r3WidDt.gif
1 MB, 245x270
>Now watch me quip.
>Now watch me maymay.
>Now watch me quip, quip,
>watch me maymay.
>>
>>70426169

>still beating this horse
>>
>>70426169
Keked
>>
I would actually love it if his quipping was not quipping, if you know what I mean. He could be the straight man to the MCU.
>>
>>70426116
>that was the joke

You know I originally chalked it up to Whedon's piss poor writing at the time but given how AoU was essentially a comedy that would make more sense.
>>
File: 1336223374463.jpg (21 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1336223374463.jpg
21 KB, 250x251
>>70426169
>>
>>70426116
Yeah, I get it as a joke but I still hated it though.
>>
>>70425820
A quip is a joke for the audience (unlike a One Liner which is a joke to springs forth from the alphaness of the hero)
>>
His superpower is an anti-quip shield.

>I'm Clint
>I don't care.

Expect him to kill Meme-Lord as soon as they meet in Infinity War.
>>
>>70425823
and this is how they will potray the character, there will always be a dumb "comic relief" character which will ask questions like: hee hee you like cats?
and then he just looks very very serious
>>
>So you like cats?

T'Challa doesn't have time for your quips.
>>
Honestly, he was one of the best parts of the movie.

Is this another Finn situation? /tv/ memes about him for a year only to end up as one of the better characters.
>>
File: 36183.jpg (60 KB, 428x418) Image search: [Google]
36183.jpg
60 KB, 428x418
I like him becaus he looks like a black character out of some racially inclusive 90's show.
Loyal, with a weird religion and an unrealistic sense of honor, he's not a fucking gangsta and I like him for this.

Same shit with Creed last year, positive attitude guy with a "cool" demeanor that calls Rocky "uncle".
These are inoffensive black stereotypes meant to turn niggers into normal people, I can dig that.
>>
>>70426499
THIS
>>
>>70425779
He kind of did when Scarjo and Maz Kanata were about to fight. He said "I'd like to see you both get blacked" or something like that.
>>
>>70426495

I think /tv/ actually loves black dudes, just not in the abstract.
>>
>>70426499
>a black character out of some racially inclusive 90's show

Apart from the "niggers into normal people" shitty racism, I'm on board with this observation. And yeah, Creed was refreshingly positive.
>>
>>70426619

Black women can't get blacked silly.
>>
He's a king not a sassy nigger-american.
>>
>>70426872
It's not racism when you consider what hip-hop and gangsta rap have done to black communities, and how being a productive member of society is frowned upon as being an "uncle Tom" from the leftist media.
Gangsta rap "artists" should be imprisoned for inciting crime, and yet they receive awards for their law subverting spiel.

Since young poor blacks are easily impressionable people I'd say that yeah, if we keep reinforcing positive black characters we can make them understand the gangsta life is bad for them.
>>
>>70427055
>It's not racism

Don't use the racial slur then.
>>
File: Where do you think we are.png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>70427096
>>
>>70426976
Don't you ever EVER use that fucking word again.
>>
>>70426499
This is what black people in America should strive for
>>
>>70425779
Funny I thought the same thing few days ago.
I'm curious to see how MCUcks handle Black Panther being serious, when BvS got trashed for the same reason.
>>
>>70427416
OK Rastus.
>>
Will Steve be in Black Panther? It'd make sense, but I don't know what role he would have.
>>
>>70426355
Don't give a shit, hope you continue to get booty blasted when they continue to use based Hawkbro
>>
>>70427969
Team Cap might have a cameo.
BP is the last movie before Infinity War, and Bucky is frozen in Wakanda.
>>
>>70427969
>Will Steve be in Black Panther?
He has one movie left and that's Avengers 3.
>>
>>70428117
Evans said he would have no problem with extending his contract to make cameos, but don't think it'll happen.
Bucky may appear, Stan has a 9 movie contract.
>>
>>70428117
You say that as if Marvel wanted Chris Evans for a small part and there was no external damages, they wouldn't get him in it.

Just think about RDJ's contract. It's malleable and Chris Evans isn't that desperate to get out.
>>
>>70428184
Personally i want him to die in IW and appear in flahsbacks in Phase 4.
>>
>>70427416
What should he have said instead? Cheeky?
>>
>>70426872
>shitty racism :((((((((
tumblr pls
>>
>>70426976
kang*
>>
>>70427055
Ahhh racial commentary on 4chan is always so refreshing.
>>
>>70428291
Yes. I won't fucking allow you little white beta ass racists to continually disrespect an entire human race by using the n word.
Use that word again and it will have consequences, mark my fucking words bitch..
>>
>>70428050
I think we will only see Steve as Nomad, (and or Sam, with a snazzy new Falcon suit). Wanda (unless she suddenly gets more powerful ultrafast in Infinity War, she's going to be exploring her powers somewhere else), Clint (might be back with his family, who are "off the grid") and Scott may well have gone back to Hope and Hank.
>>
>>70432568
Calm down, nigger
>>
this movie had too many black people in it
>>
>>70425779
SERIOUSNESS CHART (from serious to quippy)

T'challa
Bucky
Wanda
Vision
Steve
Rhodey
Natasha
Clint
Tony
Scott
Peter
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.