[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This piece of shit is getting a movie With the success of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: name of the wind.jpg (46 KB, 277x416) Image search: [Google]
name of the wind.jpg
46 KB, 277x416
>This piece of shit is getting a movie
With the success of GoT, I guess they just greenlight any edgy fantasy.
>>
>>70423998

Never came across as particularly edgy to me when I read it, been awhile though
>>
>>70424021
Just read the blurb.
>>
>>70423998
As most fantasy novels, this one had way too much fat on it, and isn't written with good enough a style to make it bearable. Maybe the movie format will do it some good.
>>
I haven't read this but isn't it meant to be a false narrative? Like the extraordinary stuff is a lie. That's what I heard anyway.
>>
>Le self insert circus boy mary sue who is good at everything
>>
>>70424360
yes

>>70424379
see >>70424360 if you've actually read the book

>>70424021
5edgy3me bro, the book is about as edgy as harry potter

>>70424341
this is actually a salient point
>>
>>70424341
Your taste is different to mine, and therefore lesser.
>>
>>70424739
ok
>>
>>70424739
Meaning that you liked the book, that you enjoyed every line of it, or that you consider the author's style any good ? Just asking because I actually happen to have liked the book ; doesn't mean its prose is worthy of much praise, or that it wouldn't have worked with less bland descriptions and pointless inner monologues.
>>
>x of the y

If any fiction is named like this I instantly disregard it. If you can't think of a better title then you can't write.
>>
>>70425429
>If any fiction is named like this I instantly disregard it.

>Way of the Gun
>In the Name of the Rose
>Raiders of the Lost Ark

You got issues
>>
>>70425553
All terrible. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>70423998

have you even read it?

I haven't read it but from what I have heard it is leagues better than GoT
>>
>>70425429
The Lord of the Rings
>>
>>70426129

>he thinks Tolkien is good

have you guys ever read any grown up books?
>>
>still no farseer trilogy yet
>>
>>70426164
Yes he does think Tolkein is good, maybe It's because I'm English and grasp the subtleties.
>>
>>70426164
i'm currently reading The Catcher in the Rye and it's goat
>>
>>70425429
>Lord of the Rings
>Fag of the Poster

Lel
>>
>>70426246

nope, it's not

it's fine but it's a book for teenagers

Salinger's Nine Stories is easily his best book
>>
File: LiesofLockeLamora.jpg (52 KB, 305x500) Image search: [Google]
LiesofLockeLamora.jpg
52 KB, 305x500
>>70425429
This one is pretty good to be fair
>>
File: 342423234.gif (499 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
342423234.gif
499 KB, 500x246
I love how the author acts like Kvothe or whatever is supposed to be creating a false narrative, or a tall tale to inflate how great he actually is.

It's the same as how Tommy Wiseau claimed The Room was meant to be a black comedy.

Nobody is fucking buying it. Name of the Wind was some of the worst drivel I ever had the misfortune of reading.
>>
>>70423998
>>70423998

I'd love a Black Company movie or series.

Lost interest after the Dominator though.

He was a bretty gud villain and made everything about the taken Lords interesting. Very menacing and brutal.
>>
>>70426454

Are you me?

I'm in Books of the South right now, things have fallen off a bit since Croaker was taken. But god damn the rest has been amazing, especially the first part of the series.

Second book was my favorite.

I think Black Company would require too much money and effort to adapt into movie or TV show format, though. Too many large scale battles.
>>
>lies locke lamora
>got
>name of the wind

Can we stop with all these generic and terrible fanatasy series now?
>>
>>70426523
I'm gonna tell you, the last book of the south is fucking great.
I grudgingly dropped it after that, because the next mainline book wasn't doing anything for me.
The funny thing is, Cook's writing improves dramatically.
>>
>>70426358
What's the matter, anon?
Don't you like reading about juvenile sex fantasies and "HOW AM I GONNA PAY MY TUITION THIS SEMESTER???!?!"
>>
>>70426523
>I'm in Books of the South right now

Me too man. I'm finding it a bit boring now ever since the Taken and Dominator were done with.

I wish they expanded more on that. the Taken lords were very interesting.

Soulcatcher's little rivalry with the limper was fun to read.

Raven annoys me though. He seems like the typical dark brooding teleports behind you character.
>>
>>70426314
Too bad the rest of the series devolves into shit.
>>
>>70426707
And Ironically the 2nd one doesn't use the x of y template
>>
File: !#@##[email protected] (11 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
!#@##!@.jpg
11 KB, 183x275
>>70423998
>>70423998

What about military sci fi with lots of freaky earth future versions that SJWs can go bitch about on the internet?
>>
>>70423998
How are they going to implement that country where they don't believe in fathers or whatever (read it four years go). There could be a SJW outcry for everyone having sex all the time
>>
>>70424442
>gets criticised for creating a mary-sue
>IT'S A FALSE NARRATIVE

>inb4 read the books

i have read all the main books and nowhere since like a year or so ago was it said that he is a unreliable narrator
>>
>>70428517
You idiot, the point is that he's built a legend and it's the only thing that keeps him alive. Occasionally he will POV his tricks to let us know what he actually did and other times he explains it the way the legends about him are recounted.
>>
>school bills the book
>>
>>70428517
>read the books
>didnt understand them at all

Its a fucking fantasy novel, how can you be this dumb.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.