[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Must See Movies I have never thought about the movies I watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Steampunk.jpg (710 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Steampunk.jpg
710 KB, 1920x1080
Must See Movies

I have never thought about the movies I watched so it was mainly mainstream crap. I want to change that, so can anyone recommend some must see movies?
>>
>steampunk.jpg
>>
ID4: Independence day
>>
Start with the IMDB 250 to get all the obvious ones out of the way and make sense of what is shit and what is good.

Then come back.
>>
Problem Child 2
>>
>>70420940
I did some of that. Enjoyed them all. Watched Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club, Se7en, Schindlers List... etc.) Of course I haven't watched all 250 :P
>>
>>70420952
Seen it already, one of the best movies I have already seen. Like OMG it was so good
>>
>>70420973

Yeah, you've watched movies everyone's seen, I'm talking about all 250, including old black and white movies you won't ever have normally watched.

If you can't handle those then there's no point continuing.
>>
The Avengers
The Avengers 2
>>
>>70420973
You're in a film geek dojo. Let's start with what stuff you like.
>>
>>70421265
What I enjoy is movies with a good story.
I don't like horror (never scares me), comedies (except for a few I don't find them funny) and action. (The only action films that I enjoyed were high budget ones, because of visual effects).
>>
>>70421128
Alright, I will check them out. Any suggestion for which one to start with?
>>
Find a director you like, then watch his films.

I started off this way with Scorsese because I love gangster films. Then I find other directors who also make gangsters like Francis Ford Coppola, Sergio Leone, Quentin Tarantino,etc.

While a director will generally have a genre of film that he excels at, most make films in many different genres. For eg, Scorsese makes a lot of mob films, but he also makes comedy, drama, horror. As you watch through a director's library of work, you will get to experience many genres which will help you discover which is your favourite.

You can also find lists of the best films on the Internet and watch them. Personally I prefer lists like this one (http://www.bfi.org.uk/news/50-greatest-films-all-time) over imdb.
>>
>>70421962
Thank you that seems a very reasonable idea. Will start with that.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.