[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a great fucking movie. Even the trailer is better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Ayy lmao poster.jpg (107 KB, 620x810) Image search: [Google]
Ayy lmao poster.jpg
107 KB, 620x810
What a great fucking movie. Even the trailer is better than anything released in the past few years
https://youtu.be/LjLamj-b0I8
>>
Yes it is.
>>
BONUS
>>
I never watched an Alien movie before.
I just got done with Alien: Isolation game and it was so damn good.
Where do I start?
>>
>>70414536
also where should I torrent it?
>>
>>70414536
The game is 100x better if you've seen the movies beforehand, it's a shame you hadn't seen the movies beforehand. Watch them in order of release
>>70414588
Kickass torrents
>>
>>70414536
I don't know I guess Alien: Resurrection is a good place to start.
>>
>>70414770
Ya I wish I watched them beforehand...
But do I really need to make an account for kickass?
>>
>>70413575
I watched this last night for the first time in the theatrical cut (/tv/ recommended theatrical), And holy fuck was it good. My favourite thing about this movie was the set design and props, it didn't look to futuristic, but it was. I just love how real and grounded everything looked.

Going to watch Aliens tonight (Theatrical), What am I in for? and what should I watch after that? I heard everything else in the series was awful.
>>
>>70414536
The first movie, don't look up any sort of plot synopsis or anything, go in as uninformed as possible. Some contrarians on here like to spout that Aliens is bad, but I think that they're just memeing or hate Jim Cameron so watch that too. Explore 3 and Resurrection at your own risk. I personally can overlook 3's flaws and enjoy it, but it is not as good as the first two, and Resurrection is just plain dumb (but not completely unwatchable, especially with buddies and beer). I don't want to sound like a shill or anything, but I recommend picking up the Bluray box set because the bonus documentaries are just as interesting as the movies themselves, and the first one is absolutly gorgeous in hi def.
>>
>>70414916
Basically they shit it up with lots of guns.
>>
>>70414872
No.

I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and the special effects are amazing for the era. The movie holds up well.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 656x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 656x279
>>70414321
>>
>>70414941
whatever the last best cut is of alien 3 is pretty great, I don't think it needs a warning attached any more.
>>
>>70414941
This is why I don't get people who shit on Prometheus, it's way better than the sequels.
>>
>>70415075
did you seen what the hack frauds did to the original script for prometheus?
I don't think it's bad but I'd rank at least alien 3 as being a better more substantial film.
>>
>>70413575
>we will never get movies this ground breaking and ahead of their time

when will the capeshit era end
The only non-drama recently made classic I can think of is Fury Road.
>>
>>70414916
Honestly the special edition is the way to go with Aliens. For Alien definitely the theatrical is better.

I also love that about Alien. It's futuristic but gritty, doesn't portray space travel as glamorous in any way.
>>
Is Resurrections really that bad? I just watched the trailer it looks awesome. (I turned Aliens off when the shooting started when I saw it was no Alien)
>>
I want to go to sleep in the couch watching Alien, but I did that last month. I'm afraid to burn it out if I watch it that often.
>>
>>70415361
it's a generic shooty actiony alieny film, the main plot takes a back seat. the events are actually not uninteresting it's just how they were handled.
>>
>>70415377
I watched it every other night last August and I will never get tired of it.
>>
>>70415377
IKTF bruh
>>70415361
If you didn't like Aliens, you really aren't going to like Resurrection. It's got the action oriented focus without any of the good acting or memorable characters, and that's coming from someone who can stomach Resurrection
>>
>>70415377
isn't it boring know what happens every time you see it?
>>
>>70415689
I agree, how can you watch a movie so many times and so often
Isn't that obsessive and autistic behavior?
>>
>>70415814
yeah alright
>>
>>70415947
what's that supposed to mean. I wasn't trying to be rude, sorry anon
>>
>>70415989
oh I thought you meant being obsessive and autistic is par for the course here and thus the answer to my question was obvious.
sorry
>>
>>70415689
hell no
>>
>>70415689
Nah, its more about the ambience and tone than plot. The plot is pretty simple in Aliens.
This and The Thing, despite being horror movies are greate to chill on the couch at night.
More than autistic is kind of childish, like when they read kids the same bedtime book?
Of course I'm afraid to cross the line and burn it. It happened with Pride and Prejudice.
>>
>>70416034
oh right, I think I get it
>>
>>70413575
>Even the trailer is better than anything released in the past few years

The era of ego trip films made by one or a handful of crazy dudes is over. Everything will be committee writing and produced.
>>
still one of the best looking sci-fi films (along with bladerunner). the set design was incredible
>>
File: The Thing.jpg (643 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Thing.jpg
643 KB, 1920x1080
>>70413575
>Similar titles you might also like
>>
>>70414872
Yes make an account. You get faster downloads and better HD options for torrents. Don't let these anons meme you.
Simply put your credit card in the slot in the computer and type in your home address and social security number on the right pages then come up with a bitchin torrent gamer tag and you're all set.
>>
File: alien1 (1).jpg (164 KB, 800x541) Image search: [Google]
alien1 (1).jpg
164 KB, 800x541
>>70415689
What keeps me coming back is the art direction and set design. The perfect blend of futuristic and realistic, and pretty comfy to boot. I love to stare at the stuff in the background, and sometimes I spot stuff that I never noticed before.
>>70416153
I can still try, right?
>>
File: 1464045090629.png (1 MB, 1140x923) Image search: [Google]
1464045090629.png
1 MB, 1140x923
>Kane is the first one up
>doesn't immediately run over and smell Ripley's stinky hypersleep pits
I can only suspend my disbelief to a certain point much Ridley
>>
>>70415503
Well I'm 30mins into it and no shooting yet and I am liking the whole vibe. EVen the crew is cool and not annoying like the GIs in Aliens.
>>
>>70416226
Bruh
>>
>>70414536
>I never watched an Alien movie before.
Hello embryo.
>>
>>70415689
Not if you always fall asleep during it.
>>
>>70417158
I'm 24.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.