[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: batman-v-superman.png (806 KB, 970x645) Image search: [Google]
batman-v-superman.png
806 KB, 970x645
The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character says that "the world's too big”. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a strucutral constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the ‘abyss’ of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.
>>
File: 1462744135145.png (94 KB, 451x595) Image search: [Google]
1462744135145.png
94 KB, 451x595
I didn't understand a word but I know it's capekino
>>
>look mom I posted le pretentious buzzword pasta again! I'm such a le genius!!! xD
Greetings reddit
>>
>>70408927
Thanks for the pasta, now I can be the envy of all my marvelcuck friends

DC master race
>>
File: 1464549109141.jpg (1014 KB, 1500x3000) Image search: [Google]
1464549109141.jpg
1014 KB, 1500x3000
>>70408927
>Triggered MCUck falseflagging trying to poison the well on discussions about true kino.
>>
Huh, really makes you think.
>>
File: Bfiftytruth.jpg (105 KB, 700x522) Image search: [Google]
Bfiftytruth.jpg
105 KB, 700x522
>>
File: 1464074917911.png (144 KB, 417x309) Image search: [Google]
1464074917911.png
144 KB, 417x309
>it's a BvS wall-of-text episode
>>
from a marvel fan:

To be honest i think Zack Snyder is one of the greatest directors out there. He makes movies which have a tendency to fall short of expectation on your first watch. but a year or maybe 2 years later and you come to appreciate his works. it's something that all his movies have in common.

The one flaw he has is that his works are not "Entertaining". they're the kind of movies you would play for your friends and they would think it was a class presentation. his movies lack the entertainment that is needed. he is basically the opposite of Michael bay (all explosion. no brains). they are so long and boring that they leave you wanting an end. even when he makes entertaining movies like MoS he fails to really mix them together so they coexist in unity instead of fighting for dominance.

Another aspect that made BvS a failure is the dreadful cast. these people literally pulled WW out of their ass. they literally ruined the movie before it began for fence sitters like me. and going into a movie expecting to hate it usually amounts to you hating regardless of the plot or performance.

all in all. Snyder had a story to tell. He told it wonderfully, but it was a far from exciting seminar before he knew it and he had put his guests to sleep using

where DC fails Marvel has prevailed. in that balance of entertainment and Genius story telling. though genius is a far stretch for marvel movies they are nonetheless entertaining. and that's what matters. isn't that why we watch movies? to be entertained?

i thought BvS was a bad movie. but in 2 years i would look back and marvel at Snyder's brilliance once again. like i did with Sucker punch, like i did with watchmen.
>>
>>70408927
“Art is intrinsically meaningless,” says Ben Affleck. The primary theme of BvS' analysis of Sontagist camp is a mythopoetical totality. The characteristic theme of the works of Snyder is the common ground between society and language. But the premise of dialectic superheroism holds that the establishment is capable of social comment. The subject is interpolated into a social realism that includes narrativity as a whole.

“Society is unattainable,” says Kal-El. It could be said that Luthor uses the term ‘neomaterial desituationism’ to denote not sublimation, but presublimation. If social realism holds, the works of Snyder are an example
of purposeful superhero movies, also known as "capekino."

In a sense, Marveldrones promote the use of postdeconstructive objectivism to attack capekino. The subject is contextualised into a neomaterial desituationism that includes reality as a reality.

But dialectic superheroism suggests that culture serves to entrench outmoded, elitist perceptions of capeshit. Terrio uses the term ‘neomaterial desituationism’ to denote a self-supporting totality.
>>
File: Batman v Superman 3.jpg (147 KB, 810x576) Image search: [Google]
Batman v Superman 3.jpg
147 KB, 810x576
The main theme of BvS is: "lets be as different from Marvel as possible."
Then fail miserably and now all future DC movies will be more fun and have quips.
Congrats on BvS turning DC into Marvel lite.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.