[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his fucking problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: pvt-pyle.jpg (28 KB, 181x182) Image search: [Google]
pvt-pyle.jpg
28 KB, 181x182
What was his fucking problem?
>>
Hell's Kitchen ain't a city
>>
>>70408299
mental retardation
>>
He was not mentally fit for the marines.
>>
>>70408299
Literally me
>>
File: 1428501828087.jpg (20 KB, 300x399) Image search: [Google]
1428501828087.jpg
20 KB, 300x399
>>70408299
Balding madness. Legit disorder that I just made up.
>>
break a man down and shit happens
>>
He didn't exist anon.
>>
>>70408299
He bit off more than he could chew. If you're not fit for what the marines are going to put you through don't join them.

>>70408337
More physically than mentally. Half of his problems came from him fucking up due to his weight. Even the final straw where everyone else had it with his shit was about a doughnut. If he were more disciplined his mental state wouldn't have been aggravated so much.
>>
He was an idiot who snapped.
>>
He had a major malfunction.
>>
>>70408567
i think you overestimate peoples strength of will. i did easy ass navy bootcamp and we had no less than 3 guys lose their shit and have to be subdued by security.
>>
>>70408567

I think he was drafted though. I don't think he really had a choice.
>>
>>70408716
You can't get drafted into the marines. I'm pretty sure they only do that for the army.

>>70408702
I'm just saying if you watch the movie a lot of his problems were caused by him being fat and lazy. If he were in better shape he wouldn't have ended up the way he did. The part where his problems really start happens because he tried to sneak a doughnut into the barracks.
>>
I AM
>>
>>70408972
THE LAW
>>
>>70408948
perhaps he was fat and lazy due to a mental problem and not necessarily a physical one?
>>
He found that the only thing he was rewarded for was shooting. When everyone turned on him, he felt alone and took it out on the one man that caused his suffering. When he realized what he had done, he had to end it all.
>>
>>70409010
Perhaps but being fat and lazy is still a physical problem lol. Trust me just watch the movie if you haven't. His issues included:

Not being able to do a single pull up.
Not being able to climb an obstacle.
Getting exhausted during one of their runs and needing another private to help him finish while everyone else had no problems.
Trying to sneak a jelly doughnut into the barracks.
Continuing to be fat over the course of the training.

Any others escape me but i'm pretty sure there were others.
>>
he wasnt fat and lazy he was putting in the work as best he could it was the verbal abuse and psychological damage suffered by being an outcast and hated by his peers
>>
He didn't exist anons.

:^)
>>
>>70409127
Shooting wasn't just the only thing he was rewarded for. It was literally the only thing he was any good at.
>>
>>70409168
he got in shape tho. in shape enough to get Hartman off his ass at least. the movie showed that his problem wasn't physical at all.
>>
>>70408299

He was failed by the senior leadership of the U.S. military, and the congress, because instead of establishing, and enforcing, strict recruitment standards that allowed for an effective and professional fighting force, they opted to lower standards and allow borderline retards and physical rejects to enter the ranks and lower the overall standards of the force as a whole.

It's the same thing congress and the Nigbama administration has done by allowing open faggotry in the ranks, and females in combat units.

The end result is similar to what was depicted in the film, as both, retards, and the men forced to work with and around them, will die indiscriminately as a result of senior leader apathy and low standards.
>>
>>70408299
Getting drafted while physically unfit
>>
>>70409236
Did you miss the part where the entire platoon beat the shit out of him with bars of soap because his fat ass couldn't resist sneaking a jelly doughnut into the barracks? That was the part that really fucked him up, and it was because of his gluttony. His problem became mental, but it began physically.
>>
>>70409508
I thought you could only get drafted into the army. The marines are put through more punishment.
>>
>>70408618
What was it?
>>
Why'd he snap after he got his assignment?

Too idealistic
Too impractical
He was looking for respect and comradery, but found out its the same thing his family probably put him through.

Or he was too sheltered from the real society, from either parents who babied him all his life, or were just from a generally well off family.
>>
THANK YOU WESLEY
>>
What was the problem with that dude in the hat who kept yelling at everyone and kicking their asses? What a jerk! No wonder that one guy shot him. He was pretty rude lol.
>>
I dont get how they all manage to kyno those tall as fuck bara, the rest of the training seems easy enough but I would never manage to jump over those ultra tall wooden bars
>>
He's Animal Mother.
>>
I like this guy's analysis. I think he was in that one episode of the Sopranos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nI_qFj4Tsk
>>
>>70409686
i like this theory, but animal mother was exactly the kind of person that the marines would want, while pyle was the exact opposite. idk, if it's a comment of the duality of madness then it works, but in a lot of other ways it doesn't add up for me.
>>
>>70408299
He was a true bro.
If you don't relate to him you don't belong here.
>>
>>70410286
this. i think the whole point of his character was to be the human among machines. he's designed for you to say "if i were in that boot camp, i'd be private pyle".

it juxtaposes the innocence of humanity with the evil of humanity. naivety vs reality, human emotion (pyle) vs animal instincts (animal mother).
>>
>>70408337
And neither are you Krager you fucking faggot.
>>
>>70409541
That jelly donut looked good tho.
How could you not sneak it in.
>>
The beating didnt happen.
The bald fairy with glasses who yells DO IT faries said it was all dream fatass.
>>
>>70412689
... so that he wouldn't squeal? how can you infer that it is a dream based on that one line alone?

blanket parties were common up until about 20 years ago or so, if not still.
>>
>>70408299
He had a behaviour disorder, poor self determination and he was in an environment built on negative reinforcement in the extreme. Whatever was wrong with him predated the marines.
>>
>>70409541
Wished reporter guy had not been part of it and told Gunnery as despite being Pyle, the rest of the men had no right to do that.
>>
>>70409686
>>70410120
I wish they had shown how was his relation to Gunnery.
>>
>>70409168
not being able to climb the obstacle was more about fear than his level of physical fitness
>>
>>70408299
He lived pre-4chan
>>
>>70408948
Bullshit, you could get drafted into the Marines.

And his problem was that the Marines trains you to be a killer. So he became a killer. He did exactly what he was trained to do.
>>
>>70408299
>Westmoreland's search and destroy strategy war falling apart.
>>US was suffering thousands of casualties.
>>>has only a few months to get these kids ready for the worst infantry war in US history.

Gunny did nothing wrong.
>>
>>70409691
(sniff)
>>
We had a guy like him in our basic training. Always forgetting stuff, struggling with physical tests and dragging down the whole team. It got to the point that everyone hated him.

Years later I look him up and find out he is a teacher and got a pretty decent life with wife and kids.

Some guys just arent fit for military service, and if you keep forcing it at them they might just break.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.