[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't movies make gun use more realistic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 1024x768
Why don't movies make gun use more realistic?
>>
>>70404439
Because the majority of people couldn't give a shit
>>
>>70404439
because realism is boring and only autists care about how realistic shit is
>>
>>70404439
>Why don't movies make gun use more realistic?

really depends on the director, also sometimes there are safety issues, after Brandon Lee got snuffed gun safety kind of went into overdrive, most of the time gunfire is post production shit.

Fun fact, Bruce Willis is partially deaf due to the blanks being loud as fuck in Die Hard one, and if you look at alan Rickman firing any gu he flinches hard from the noise too.
>>
They've been getting better lately. There was even trigger discipline in Star Wars.
>>
>>70404735
first post best post
>>
>>70404439

to bait violent criminals into getting in gun battles with the police, and get killed.

criminal population control.
>>
>>70404810
>Heat
>Way of the Gun
>boring
>>
I've seen enough liveleak videos to know gunfights are boring
>>
>Why don't movies make gun use more realistic?

Movies are typically directed by out-of-touch Liberals who have never seen/been around a gun in their life.
>>
>>70404735

This. Get fucked /k/.
>>
>>70405467
While obviously not the intended effect, i feel like this would definitely be true.

Cinema has always made shooting look so easy.

I was on a business trip to USA a few years back, and a friend showed off all his guns to me. I was surprised at how hard it was to hit something even 10m away accurately with a pistol. Especially surprised at how much time you need to take between shots. Firing fast is just blind luck. I'm sure i would've improved over time, but damn son.
>>
>>70405039
that shit's been there for five years

seems like they're flexing the finger as hard as possible so that fucks like you can point it out and try to impress people
>>
didn't they pass laws to stop realistic sounds after HEAT etc used them? the 90's were around the last time to get good ones

also test audiences told them that they actually prefer the shit post production sounds because that';s what they now associate with guns, they thought real sounds were fake and weird because they're used to crappy pew pew sounds for any type of gun
>>
>>70404439
>image.jpg
>namefag
Kill yourself.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.