[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this show so good. I haven't seen a single truly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (502 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
502 KB, 1920x1080
Why is this show so good. I haven't seen a single truly weak episode, or one that hasn't at least made me laugh. All the characters are funny and essential in their own way to the dynamic. I particularly rate Kaitlin Olsen's performance in it as her physical comedy is truly wonderful. One of the few women actresses who I have found genuinely funny too. The show on a whole seems to be underrated, especially over here. I'm a britbong and this is by far the best and most consistent US comedy I have watched.
>>
First 4 seasons are GOAT but you can tell they phone it in for some of the later seasons episodes.

The Gang Tries Desperately To Win An Award is gold though
>>
>>70403074
there are a bunch of really shitty episodes, and the show could probably be put in the dirt at this point as they've flanderized all of the characters to their logical conclusions. not that that's necessarily a bad thing but they also don't have the plots for it anymore. they're making meta episodes because even they're aware of how over it they all are. this show had a way better run than most but it's time for it to go.
>>
it's because they have control over the show. the acting cast writes a lot of the episodes.

it's like peep show. it never gets bad. it just isn't as good as it used to be, but after so many seasons i wouldn't be shocked.

desu though s10 was dope
>>
>>70403120
I watched the one where they try to get welfare and end up getting on crack instead for the direst time today, and I have to say I haven't laughed like I that in a long time.
>>
>>70403074
I'm pretty sure it's because they still actually enjoy making it to some extent. It seems like most of it would be fun to film. And they're all friends outside of the show so that probably helps too.
>>
>>70403211
*first
>>
>from philly
>started watching the show when it first came on
>first few seasons were absolute GOAT tier and possibly the funniest show of all time
>start to notice a decline around season 6, but there were still some classic episodes in there
>keeps slowly going downhill, some episodes still hilarious but a lot of
duds
>season 10
>damn, this show used to be so good, maybe they should just wrap it up
>season 11
it is now time to end. it doesn't even feel like the same show anymore, it's fucking dogshit and it pains me to say so.
>>
>>70403238
That's another aspect that is very organic in the show, the charter chemistry. They all deliver their lines true to character and in a very natural conversational way. It's done very well.
>>
Does anyone else wish they didn't kill off Country Mac so quickly
>>
>>70403172
Yeah peep show is another one of my favourite shows, so I do see the the similarities with it and always sunny.
>>
File: 1456233375797.jpg (150 KB, 912x799) Image search: [Google]
1456233375797.jpg
150 KB, 912x799
>these men walk up silently staring at you menacingly
>what do
>>
>>70403074
I agree with you OP, even the newer seasons arent as strong but i couldnt think of a show still as funny in its 11th season. As for the characters becoming caricatures, I would like it if it went even farther, but I tend to like ridiculous extremes in general. I feel like even if the characters are at extremes, it fits the show and the tone of the cast being the absolute worst people possible
>>
>>70403509
Tell them that I dont have any shooting games on my phone, just badass fighting games

Then give them a badass fist bump as they let me go (hopefully)
>>
>>70403509
Start searing the milk steak?
>>
>>70403330
How can you call mac and dennis move to the suburbs dogshit?
>>
>>70403621
because it was boring and you knew where the joke was going 5 minutes in
>>
The Flanderization did get to me. I don't blame them because it was intentional and they've taken the show in a crazy direction, but I preferred the earlier seasons where it was somewhat grounded in reality.

In the first season it was a typical raunchy frat guy humor but it was hilarious because it was so dark. For example, in the first season Charlie impersonates a handicapped veteran to get free lap dances at the strip club. Charlie in the later seasons would only be confused and disgusted by lap dances.
>>
>>70403621
wasn't really a fan of that one
>>
>>70403330
I thought Charlie Work was a good episode
>>
>>70403120
this. Season 5 was pretty good also. it goes downhill after that
>>
>>70403857
They peaked with the Christmas episode imo
>>
Wow, S11 really was terrible. Go back and look at the list of episodes. I'd forgotten completely about that weird ass trial episode and the meme slopes one.
>>
OP here, what are the best episodes that I should watch?

So far my favourite ones have been when they try to get on welfare, they wrestle for the war vets, and the one where the 3 of them have a best friend war.
>>
>>70404068
The gang kills themselves both parts
>>
>>70404068
Charlie and Mac Die
>>
>>70404068
Chardee MacDennis
>>
>>70404068
Country Mac
>>
>>70404688
Do you mean The Gang Gets Whacked? Or Mac and Charlie Die?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.