[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its too bad the best late night host (Conan) got fucked over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10
Its too bad the best late night host (Conan) got fucked over and this dude prevailed. Conan gets shit guests and this guy gets the A listers, the only problem is I cant even watch him for longer then a few minutes without cringing.

Boring unfunny unwitty commentary combined with over laughing at literally anything slightly funny.

You can tell conan only laughs at things that are genuinely funny to him, and when his guest makes a joke, instead of auto laughing without thinking hes thinking of something clever to say in return.

Fuck Jimmy Fallon
>>
>Its a Jimmy "Giggles and claps" Fallon show
>>
>best late night host

that was ferguson. no one on america came even close
>>
>>70402207

ferguson was shit
>>
i think seth meyers and kimmel are good host as well

the fat faggy british and the laughing guy can die
>>
>>70402085
I hate Fallon. He was the beacon of SNL turning into dogshit.
>>
File: firefox_2016-06-03_17-05-47.png (661 KB, 560x573) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-06-03_17-05-47.png
661 KB, 560x573
>>70402705
It looks like he's struggling with ratings. I find him very entertaining. Any love for the Colbert here?
>>
>>70402085
I just come to say I despise this unfunny faggot so much. Kimmel isn't especially good but he has at least sometimes some entertaining segments unlike only cringeworthy Fallon.
>>
>>70402794
no, he's a cuck
>>
>that awkward moment you really want to see fallons guest but have to change the channel due to fallons unbearable cringeyness
>>
>>70402361
Look, we meme a lot here on /tv/. We post several layers of irony in a single post. We accuse people of being Reddit and such. But honestly, seriously kills yourself
>>
>>70403716

holy shit this is possibly the faggiest post on /tv/s existence. well done
>>
>>70402794
>Cold Bert
>In the current year

I mean, do you KNOW what year it is?
>>
>>70402663
No, Fallon and Meyers are both cancer that ruined SNL and are ruining NBC late night I don't even watch NBC anymore because I'm sick of those two.
>>
>>70402361
no u
>>
>>70402794
Colbert turned out to be a typical insane leftist. I guess his character was so successful because of the writers
>>
>>70403716
>>70403716
>if I just try hard enough maybe I will fit in
>>
>>70403716
>le i flirt with my guests so im good xdd
You're the one who needs to kill himself, buddy.
>>
>>70402794
Colbert was probably one of the greatest late night hosts ever with the Report, but his humor is so toned down and generalized for the Late Show that i've almost completely given up on it. Late Night tv is dead
>>
>>70403950
no, that's just his target audience
>>
>>70402794
>It looks like he's struggling with ratings.

He had a niche aud on comedy central. Now he's trying to play to middle-America and they see right through that arrogant lefty shit. He's fun but you can't be super political and hope to get a general audience, especially in late night which I think skews to older folks.
>>
>>70402361
Ferguson was one of the best, most natural interviewers I've ever seen. He's just so personable.
>>
>>70405162

too bad he was shit
>>
>>70402361
He had some pretty GOAT monologues and interviews, and I don't just mean the women
You cant ignore that.

Also, his gig in Scotland was pretty cool
>>
>>70402207
Yeah fuck that it was Conan and he got fucked over . Just goes to show nothing with substance ever prevails in America.
>>
>>70402794
Unfortunately he's gone the way of Conan when he had the tonight show. His style of comedy was to smart and edgy for the watered down pandering that is demanded for typical late night talk shows.
>>
>>70404213
Maybe you could all kill each other.
>>
File: image_21.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image_21.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>70406266
>He's just too smart for the audience.
>ranting to leftie undergrads is the real test
>>
>>70406266
This always happens unfortunately
How would have Craig changed if it had been him?
I doubt his whole shtick would have passed with the demographic that cbs would want him pandering for
He was pretty niche
>>
>>70402085
He's such a beady dead-eyed rat. I feel like every social interaction is torture for him, what a terrible choice for a talkshow host. I fucking hate his faggot laugh. I fucking hate his faggot soul
>>70402207
reddit
>>
>>70406578
He has no soul. You can tell every drop of integrity and honesty has been ripped away in order to get his job. He's a filthy whore.
>>
Conan was a funny writer, but his performance just makes me cringe. He seems self-obsessed and like he bought into his own hype. More quirky than humorous.
>>
>>70402085
Conan is great and an incredibly nice guy. I saw Fallon on Howard Stern and I liked him, but none of that is there on the show. He's so fake.
>>
>>70406657
There is not a more self-deprecating human on the plant than Conan.
>>
Ugh I don't like most talk shows
Jimmy fallon is just cringe
Stephen Colbert just isn't funny and that musician of his is gay as fuck
Jimmy Kimmel is like a discount talk show
Graham Norton is the biggest douche turd in existence
then there's the british manlet with his karaoke thing, I can't fucking stand that closet fgt

I think Conan is best and that other britfag with the glasses can be pretty funny on a good day
>>
>>70402121
>it's a jimmy fallon says something unfunny but then begins smirking while trying to hold back his own laughter so that the audience will know that what he just said was actually funny and they should laugh career
>>
>>70407058
Norton has the best interviews going on in current late night though

Conan is aiight
>>
>>70402085
Agreed. Conan definitely takes the spot as the best. The guy's wit and humor is as sharp as any sword.
>>
>>70402085
Fallon is a cringeworthy try-hard. No two ways about it my man. He should learn a thing or two from based Coco.
>>
File: uwot.gif (2 MB, 387x315) Image search: [Google]
uwot.gif
2 MB, 387x315
>>70407058
>Hated based Graham Norton and James Corden
>John CURRENT YEAR Oliver can be pretty funny on a good day
>>
this format is so fucking dead, the only thing saving it are the stupid celebrities
>>
>>70407403
Corden fat fuck is literally the English version of Jimmy Fallon
>>
>>70402794
yes , love his show just can't be bothered to turn the telly on when he actually airs .
>>
File: wot.jpg (89 KB, 505x726) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
89 KB, 505x726
>>70407058
>Not liking Graham Norton
>>
>>70407058
How can anyone hate graham norton?

He doesn't try to be super witty or anything, he just asks pre arranged questions and lets the alcohol and chemistry between stars do all the work. It's the perfect talk show and I fucking hate flamboyant gays (he's great because while he's flamboyant, he never harps on about being gay)
>>
File: 1433070444755.jpg (231 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
1433070444755.jpg
231 KB, 1032x774
>>70407337
>is as sharp as any sword.
Pushing it here a little bit buddy
>>
>>70402794
I used to watch the report every night. Haven't seen a single episode of his new gig because CBS has to be a special snowflake and I can't get it on Hulu. Not paying for another channel subscription for just one show.
>>
I don't understand why talk shows exist. Maybe one quarter of their guests are entertaining and that's being generous. Then the rest of the show is just the routine of a tired old comedian with bottom of the barrel writers who has to pretend to be funny every week.
>>
>>70407873
They exist so that celebrities can advertise their new movie/book and at the same time give the masses their daily dose of trivial bullshit.
>>
>>70402207

Our best late night host is Scottish. Let that sink in.
>>
>>70402794

Colbert is a SJW after all and is too generic that he's losing to Jimmy 'Laughs at every sentence' Fallon
>>
>>70407058
>Graham Norton is the biggest douche turd in existence

>britfag with glasses can be pretty funny on a good day

your opinions are shit and you don't deserve to discuss comedy. fuck off.
>>
>>70407403
John Oliver isn't an interviewer you retard, I meant the faggot, god I just cba looking up his name I don't care enough about him

>>70407700
he is literally the worst

>>70407740
"hey a-listers, look at these lame memes my team found"

>>70409505
wew lad, bad news, won't stop, can't stop
>>
>>70402085

Watching Conan toil away in mediocrity on his B-grade show is painful. He's just not into it.

I was bummed when he got the boot from the tonight show.

Fallon is a total fag, completely unwatchable. Even my parents have stopped watching him because he's "a pussy" as they call him.
>>
File: US Weekly.png (985 KB, 800x1083) Image search: [Google]
US Weekly.png
985 KB, 800x1083
>>70407873
People, for some raisin, are enamored with celebrity's lives.
>>
File: 1440125336194.jpg (59 KB, 503x456) Image search: [Google]
1440125336194.jpg
59 KB, 503x456
>>70402085
>got fucked over
>given premium time slots
>nobody watched

Okay.
>>
literally only kimmel leno and letterman r competent
>>
File: 1462328450269.jpg (11 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
1462328450269.jpg
11 KB, 249x202
>>70402207
You mean the fucking retard hack with a skeleton sidekick and a grown adult gallivanting around in a horse costume?

He's literally a clown and is not respected by anyone in the field of comedy. The fact that you think he is best shows how much of a mindless pleb you are.

Begone, filth.
>>
File: neoave2.png (20 KB, 100x120) Image search: [Google]
neoave2.png
20 KB, 100x120
Can someone explain to me they hate Jay Leno in the Conan incident?

Isn't it all really the fault of the company?
- Hey we're moving you out of your slot. - Okay!

- Hey we're not doing well with Conan, do you want your slot back?
Okay!

and the response was FUCK YOU JAY YOU FUCKED CONAN OVER YOU DICK

Like why? Jay was just as much a participant as Conan in the shuffle of timings by the station right?
>>
>>70410469
Got to bed, Jay.
>>
>>70410469
NBC pushed Jay out into retirement in favor of Conan in 2004, to go into effect in 2009, for two reasons:
1. He was extremely expensive to employ
2. His audience was extremely old and only getting older

Jay made absolutely no fuss about this and just accepted it. Conan, being told that he would be given The Tonight Show with no hassle from Jay, turned down extremely lucrative offers from other networks for their 11:35 talk shows to stick it out for his dream job. Then, in 2008, Leno suddenly changed his mind and threatened to not go into retirement but to take a show on another network. NBC called his bluff and not only offered him a 10 PM talk show (to replace five expensive scripted dramas, a hugely risky gamble that lower production costs would offset lower ratings) but also an insane two year contract that had a huge penalty for cancelling his show.

2009 comes, Conan takes over The Tonight Show in the summer, and the ratings are somewhat mixed. He loses about a third of Leno's ratings, but gains a third more 18-49 viewers, which are the only ones advertisers are interested in.

And then fall comes and The Jay Leno Show starts at 10PM. It is a completely unmitigated disaster. Not only are the show's ratings historically awful, but it has a knock-on effect on the ratings of the local news broadcasts that follow it, Conan's show that follows that, and even morning news broadcasts as people's TV's are turned to a different channel when they wake up. Three months in, affiliates demand that The Jay Leno Show be cancelled, or else they'll drop their affiliations and stop broadcasting NBC content.

Unfortunately, they can't cancel Jay's show because the penalty they would have to pay for doing so would bankrupt them, so instead they come up with an ingenious solution to use contract loopholes to move Jay's show to 11:35 and start Conan at 12:05. Conan refuses, they buy him out, and Jay takes the entire show back
>>
>>70411469
But note that Jay himself got pushed out again in favor of Fallon just three years later. Why?
1. He was extremely expensive to employ
2. His audience was old and only getting older

So, in essence, Jay ruined his own reputation and the career of another man because he promised to retire a few years early and then decided not to
>>
>>70411469
Thank you anon, that was actually an interesting read.
It's nice when people research things.
>>
>>70402085
All of late night is shit and if you watch it you are a cucked retard with a terrible sense of humor. Prove me wrong, protip: you can't.
>>
>retards think Craig Ferguson "deconstructed" the late night format because he trashed a few random pieces of papers before every interview
Embarrasing. The funniest thing is that even with guys like Norm or Robin Williams the banter was over after two minutes and from then on it was awkward pauses and generic questions. You should see the one with the minecraft neckbeard, it's painful to watch.
>>
>>70402085
They problem is watching any "Late Night" TV. They all suck shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVR5lhbmGw0
>trump is bad
audience burst out laughing
>>
>>70402794
I'll always love Colbert but I don't know about this new show of his
>>
>>70410006
>not respected by anyone in the field of comedy.
Considering what passes for comedians, I think that's an endorsement.
>>
>>70412100
The only person invoking the term "deconstruction" is (You).
>>
>>70406266
there was a definite change in tone with conan's transition to the tonight show, but he did bring over a lot of stuff from the late night show in the short time he had the tonight show.

colbert is just completely different, and now he's doing things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvGWhcptxO0

i don't really get colbert anymore most of the time.

conan is legitimately the last of the classical talk show host breed. he's managed to transition into this modern streaming based era but yeah, the whole nbc fiasco definitely broke a part of him, and it sort of shows on tbs.

i think conan should probably end his talk show hosting career at the end of his contract. if he did a show that was like his serious jibber jabber (watch the mel brooks one) + his international remotes, he'd be gold.
>>
>>70402207
Ferguson is literally The Official Reddit Talk Show Host

Best was Letterman. The only one I can stand to watch out of the current roster is Kimmel. I actually like Conan but he's just not genuine
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.