[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone actually watching this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Never seen it discussed here. Is it really as bad as GoT?
>>
God tier acting by Mark Rylance
>>
>>70398909
You just know
>>
>>70398909
>2 / 0 / 3 / 8
I take that as a 'no'
>>
>>70398909
I really liked it.

It is, however, literally old guys standing around talking politics, I don't think most of /tv/ would be interested. I love these types of shows though and sad there aren't more.
>>
>>70399659
I was thinking about giving it a try. Would fat LARPers like it or is it too patrician for that?
>>
>>70399754
It is literally historical people standing around talking.

It is similar to game of thrones I guess, if you remove 95% of the war, violence, sex and nudity... and it's a bit more historically accurate.

If you are interested in the time period and earlier Henry VIII stuff, and England becoming Protestant, it is very interesting. Otherwise, you may well fall asleep.

It is a "drama" in the purest sense, massive things are happening, but it is all off camera or so large as hard to be shown. A country, a religion and history is being forged, which is very exciting! If you have an interest.

Otherwise it is just people standing around talking with great costumes and sets for hours.
>>
>>70400322
so like renaissance mad men?
>>
i don't understand the point of this thread. this is a objective goat patrician tier show
>>
if you don't see it discussed here it's usually a good show

i think i'm going to watch the first episode myself right now, thanks for reminding me buddy
>>
>>70400449
>>70400520
thx that's all I wanted to know
>>
>>70400376
I never saw Mad Men first hand, but I think so.

The characters and acting are interesting and they do a good job of explaining things I think. I went in knowing the story, so that may have made it easier to follow.

>>70400520
This is a good plan. Watch the first half-episode, if you like it, watch the rest of the series, it's only 6 or 7 episodes anyway.

If you guys like this, a similar show, with lower budget, is the "BBC Tudor Collection" consisting of 3 mini-series: "In the Shadow of the Tower", "Six Wives of Henry VIII" and "Elizabeth R". Again, all people talking, but it covers about 100 years of English monarchy and really good.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.