[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched the first season of this. Why is it so good, bros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 600x869) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 600x869
Just watched the first season of this. Why is it so good, bros?
>>
>>70396528
Season 2 is better since it has the big guy himself.
>>
its shit
>>
>>70396528
because it hasnt been ruined by tumblr fags and sjws yet
>>
>>70396708
>shoe-horned black preacher
>1919
>not being called a nigger on a daily basis
>not tainted by SJWs

Anon....
>>
>>70396697
This. It's a one-note mash of cliches.
>>
>>70396803
>No strong empowered females
>no queers

If a black preacher is the price i must pay, I'll take it.
>>
Overrated for sure but it's still good. Hardy is shit, and it's another of his roles where you can only understand about a third of what he's saying. Characters get out of too many guaranteed death situations.
>>
Daily reminder that Campbell did nothing wrong
>>
>>70396803

Total up his screen time....I can wait.
>>
>>70396803
he is of absolutely no relevance to the show, you are just trying a bit too hard
>>
heard the last episode was already released on netflix USA 3 days ago. but still no fucking torrents or stream. life is suffering
>>
>>70396559
what is it with him and playing british gangsters?
>>
File: tommy.jpg (53 KB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
tommy.jpg
53 KB, 1280x694
>>70398070
If it were game of thrones, there would've have been 500 torrents up within a nanosecond
>>
>>70398070
this, it's pissing me off
I would love to watch some cheeky peaky tonight, but the fat Amerifucks probably haven't even realised that it's out
>>
>>70396803

racism wasnt as big a thing in britain as america.

we held the general ideas such as, no race mixing, no blacks in higher education etc
but we didnt despise blacks, we abolished slavery in the late 1800s and peaky blinders is set in the 1920s, so blacks were free men, there was a strong liberal movement gaining grounds on race relations, which meant alot of blacks and whites mixed in lower social standing

and also, the fact that the man is a preacher, religion held a very strong sway in the british lwoer/working class. and a preacher, even a black one would be seen as a man to respect. a preacher often in those days could hold as much power as an elected official in a community, they were seen as respectable people who deserve respect as the voices of god. to disrespect a preacher was to disrespect your community.

Britain identified with class first then race. a black working class and white working class working together in the same struggles will get along fine with each other. being working class was an identity that transcends race.

later in ww2 this was evident when american soldiers were annoyed to have to share dining areas with black british soldiers. in fact many fights over this broke out, and white british soldiers always took the side of the blacks and beat up the americans.

so a black preacher not being called nigger is not at all weird for the 1920s
>>
>>70399253

>that skull crack

seriously though if anyone even has a stream of the last ep ill take it
>>
>>70396528

because it's holding steady at the perfect popularity line

its got a good sized fanbase of dedicated fans who enjoy the show and dont need spoonfeeding information because they look deeply into the show and figure thigns out for themselves

shows tend to become bad once they become mainstream popular, take GoT for example, seasons 1 2 and 3 partially, were really good because it had a smaller dedicated fan base, and wasnt yet mainstream. then it became mainstream, and in order to keep this mass of people interested they had to dumb down the show, make things run quicker and get rid of complex storylines because most of the viewers will only watch each episode once and so need to be able to easily figure the shows plot out.

peaky blinders has so far avoided becoming mainstream, so long as the writers are left untainted the show will remain good
>>
I was wondering the same thing. Also what the fuck happened between episode 2 and 3?
>>
File: 1464354569110.jpg (1 MB, 1045x3515) Image search: [Google]
1464354569110.jpg
1 MB, 1045x3515
>>70400082
This guy gets it
>>
>>70396528

Was Tom Hardy fucking with us when went full Bane in S3?

"ARRRTHA Shalom"
>>
>>70396803
>being called a nigger
>In Britain

Americunt, pls.
>>
>>70399378
watched all six hours on the 31st. jelly nigel?
>>
that russian chick had awesome nipples
>>
>>70400597
i'm not nigel, but it is frustrating i'll give you that.
>>
>>70400767
if it's any consolation, it's the worst finale of any of the seasons.
>>
>>70400497
I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by that.
>>
>>70396528
shiiiieeeeee s3 out time to bingeee
>>
>>70396528
can anyone tell me what the fuck happened at the end of season 3? Why did Tommy call the police and turn in his entire family? The show seemed to imply he did it out of some sort of spite?

This show is honestly one of my favorites. It's a shame that it probably won't catch on to be hugely popular in the states. Most people I recommend it to complain that everyone's accent makes it hard to understand.
>>
>>70396528
good photography, good actors, good characters, solid plots
(the modern soundtrack is a bit lazy tho: they could have pick sick 1920's tunes instead)

also >>70396559
that's why I like the last episode too
>>
I can't stand it

I'm Irish and the Irish characters in it are just cringe-worthy. Feels completely forced
>>
>>70401904
The government agents he was working for control Scotland yard, it looked like he wanted to get them in jail so they weren't killed for resisting arrest when the higher power came after them
>>
>>70396528

they just transplanted boardwalk empire to Ireland to die an equally uninteresting death
>>
>>70400244

I know two people who watch this show and they're both fat white women. I thought it was an even shittier BE
>>
>>70400497

tom hardy can't fucking act. I have no idea why he's so popular on here. he's been doing variations of bane for his entire career, it just peaked with bronson. I couldn't even keep a straight face the whole time I watched revenant. any time hardy spoke or dicaprio gurgled it was like the director was mocking the fucking audience
>>
File: terrorist-laughing[1].jpg (73 KB, 775x553) Image search: [Google]
terrorist-laughing[1].jpg
73 KB, 775x553
>>70402096

You're just buttravaged that your countrymen are rightfully depicted as villains once more.
>>
>>70402209
It's literally nothing like Boardwalk Empire, other than being in the same gangster genre.
>>
>>70396528
First time I ever heard of it wtf?! Downloading
>>
>>70396803
Yes, the three times he appeared on screen for literally less than a minute and said two lines of dialogue made me drop this show.
>>
>>70402389
>tom hardy can't fucking act

I think he can act, but he probably gets hired to play his usual character. Peaky Blinders is just another case of Tom Hardy playing Tom Hardy.
If you want to see him out of his "element", watch Rocknrolla or Locke.
>>
File: Peaky_Chester_campbell.jpg (28 KB, 277x387) Image search: [Google]
Peaky_Chester_campbell.jpg
28 KB, 277x387
>introduced as a badass motherfucker who will uphold the law through any means necessary, literally the only character not afraid of Tommy
>By the end of the series, he's a broken cuck pussy

D&D tier writing right there
>>
decent show, terrible music
>>
>>70402846
>literally the only character not afraid of Tommy
Are we watching the same show? Tommy is the fucking underdog, nobody higher than him is afraid of him.
>>
>>70402300
i only know 1 guy watching this show (and he's trans…)
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.