[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his fucking problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: keepshitter.jpg (16 KB, 400x282) Image search: [Google]
keepshitter.jpg
16 KB, 400x282
What was his fucking problem?
>>
Nazis I think?
>>
kinda underrated film. also the effects and detail on that entity were wicked.
>>
>>70396654
Ruined by the score. Very out of place. Maybe it made sense in the 80s
>>
>>70396728
Score was the best thing about it
>>
>>70396975
Glad you enjoyed it, friend.
>>
>>70395643
Is it just me that thinks with just a few tweaks it would have been a better looking Apocalypse? Way more imposing already (at least from the pic).
>>
>>70395643
what movie?
>>
>>70397370
The Keep
>>
>>70395643
He was trapped in the Keep with Nazis. :(
Couldn't get out until the artifact holding him there was removed, but this could only be done by someone else.
Also he looked like the Michelin Man.
>>
File: darkseid1a.jpg (50 KB, 272x400) Image search: [Google]
darkseid1a.jpg
50 KB, 272x400
>>70397350
He looks like Jack Kirby's Darkseid. Enki Bilal designed him, though.
>>
>>70395643
Is this back on Netflix?
>>
It would have been an incredible movie if the original 3-hour cut was kept. It got gimped, hard.

And, the special effects supervisor died halfway through production. He was a very secretive man - literally no one knew how to do the effects he had planned. Which is why the last 45 minutes (and especially the ending) had lackluster effects compared to the amazing optical and perspective effects during the 1st/2nd act.

Go watch the cut ending. They just couldn't figure out how to properly do the planned effects....

Nonetheless, even the gimped version is an exellent movie.
>>
>>70397350
Yeah, this what I tought when I watched The Keep years ago, "this is the perfect Apocalypse!".
>>
>>70397532
Damn, Bilal is pretty great. I'll have to bump this one up on my list
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.