[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie worth watching? Is it actually good or just about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: dope-movie-poster.png (690 KB, 422x627) Image search: [Google]
dope-movie-poster.png
690 KB, 422x627
Is this movie worth watching? Is it actually good or just about race relations?

Sidenote: why do their heads looked photoshopped onto their bodies in the poster?
>>
>>70394612
It's a good coming of age story with nudity so why not lmao
>>
>>70394612
Movie's great up until a bizarre, out of place BLM speech at the end.

>Why do I wanna go to Harvard?
>If I was white would you even have to ask that question?
Yes, it's a standard application question.

Rest of it's like a coming-of-age version of Office Space, it's great.
>>
Great movie
>>
fucking terrible
>>
>>70394840
why?
>>
>>70394696
This. When he asked "think of two individuals: one lives in the ghetto with his single mom and the other loves punk rock rock and game of thrones. What do they look like? Go ahead no one will judge you." Fuck you and your condescending tone.

>I was thinking he was talking about a cyborg lizard and a koala
>>
>>70394612
it's a fun, entertaining film. it's not great cinema, but i got a kick out of it. watch it with friends.

yeah, the poster looks weird. lol
>>
>>70394840
the final 15 minutes were ridiculous and utterly undid all of the fun yet meaningful romp that had come before it. up until then I was absolutely loving it. it decided to completely shit the bed and shove rhetoric down my throat, make me feel like a shit person, and it was just totally out of place and jarring.
>>
>>70394612
I wasn't much into the first 45 minutes or so with lame jokes and awful hand acting from Asap Rocky but it had a pleasent turn and became decently fun. 3.5/5
>>
>>70394612

I hate niggers
>>
One of the worst movies of 2015
>>
>>70394612
The pacing felt off the entire movie and most punchlines missed the mark. I kept expecting it to take a big Lock Stock or Snatch ending for the last third but it kinda cops out and gives a montage wrapping everything up. I didn't like it.
>>
>>70394696
This, never has a movie ruined itself more.
>>
>>70396375
Tomorrowland ruined itself pretty bad, too. Not sure if it was worse tho.
>>
It's a good film but there were some missteps
>>
if you like terrible films u will love it
>>
It's a fun movie that plays on stereotypes.
I can see why people would be off put by the ending but I was wholly expecting it at some point.
>>
The preaching at the end ruins the whole thing. Not that it's a bad preach, but more that it's trite and honestly unearned by the movie that preceded it. It ended up making the movie feel like the first issue of some comic book series rather than its own thing and as a result cheapened itself.

>>70394696
This is essentially correct.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.