[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is my personal choice for most atmospheric movie. Absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 12_1.jpg (65 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
12_1.jpg
65 KB, 630x420
This is my personal choice for most atmospheric movie.
Absolutely nothing compares to watching this at night while sleepy, I love it. It's so dreamlike, surreal and immersive.

Can /tv/ recommend me similar dreamy movies? I hear Blade Runner is pretty good.
>>
>>70392826

To me it's like listening a song - dialog, editing, acting and directing.. everything flows together so seamlessly it's like song
>>
Se7en
Zodiac
Social Net-

damn.....
>>
>>70392826
lurk more
>>
>>70393344
isn't this all David Fincher's work?
The Social Network is up there in my list of amazing kino.
I like the work of Christopher Nolan (a bit memey, I know) and huge fan of Scorsese.
>>
>>70393376
if I do that my movie taste will only worsen.
>>
>>70393457
lurk the right threads
>>
>>70392826
Blue Velvet is good for that just-before-bed atmosphere.

But basically any David Lynch movie is great for it. Eraserhead is more nightmarish though, so maybe not that one.
>>
>>70393414
please be bait please be bait please be bait
>>
>>70393606
>implying /TV/ knows anything

Chances are if you cross reference things as general as "top 10 directors" Oscar winners, best actors, and best movies you can find ones who fit all four.

From there you can find entertaining stuff.

Personally a few that are accessible but great IMO are Von Triers Anti christ, Nf the foreign films The Hunt with based Mikelson, and Memories of Murders
>>
>>70392826
What else did you think is atmospheric? Putting on Rainymood.com while listening to your obscure Frank Sinatra albums. That's when music was made by real gentleman. Men had class back then. It was better then, better then the trash passing for 'music' nowadays

TL;DR: YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE. I'M MAKING AN ASSUMPTION THAT YOU'RE A FUCKWIT FEDORA WEARING ASS HOLE BASED ON YOUR SHIT TASTE. GO WATCH MORE MOVIES BEFORE YOU ESPOUSE BIASED AND UNEDUCATED OPINIONS. SPEND THIS WEEKEND LEARNING ABOUT WHAT SPEAK YOU ON AND BEING MORE HUMBLE.
>>
Blade Runner and Alien - based Ridley.

Me and a friend always put Blade Runner on if he's staying at mine. It's just so comfy to fall asleep to.

Alien just because of how cosy it all is and that soporific drone noise the ship makes. Knocks me the fuck out.

The Thing is a good one too, as is Escape from New York and Stand By Me. Also, The Outsiders.
>>
>>70393736
>>ayy implying /tv/ knows
you have been in the capeshit threads for too long
>>
>>70393736
>can /tv/ recommend me similar dreamy movies?
>lol /tv/ is clueless why would I listen to anything they say?
>>
>>70393668
Yes yes yes
>>
File: 1391288855188.gif (895 KB, 240x183) Image search: [Google]
1391288855188.gif
895 KB, 240x183
>>70393802
Ah, yes Sir I agree. I tip my hat to YOU.

For too long our medium for which we view the world and which provides an escape has been hijacked by these rubes, these charlatans spreading their terrible tastes.

I dream of going back to those halcyon days, Sir, as I am sure you do too. To when our community was in appreciation of the classics, of directors with merit and CLASS not this childish babble.

Someday, my friend, gentlemen like you and I shall find a means with which we repatriate these uncultured swine back to their 'movie' discussions and we, sir, shall liaise and speak as gents do, with a 35mm film canister in one hand and a gimlet in the other.

Pay no heed to the farragos and chattel these buffoons fill out board with, for they will see the light and reach a détente that WE approve of... or they shall be culled.
>>
>>70393668
>Eraserhead is more nightmarish though, so maybe not that one.
But its got that white noise constantly in the sound track... I think. I've only ever seen this movie on acid.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.