[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Revisionist Propaganda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: patriot.jpg (45 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
patriot.jpg
45 KB, 450x360
Starting with the most obvious, anyone who has actually studied the circumstances surrounding the "American Revolution" would realize if there were any "villains" in that conflict, it was the colonials.

And even then they needed the British Empire to be too preoccupied with a far more important war in Europe to actually "win."

The Minutemen and guerrilla fighters didn't even contribute significantly to the battles, that's a myth. It really was the colonial regulars who did all the heavy lifting.

This movie -- like the actual "War of Independence" -- is based almost entirely on fuck and lies.
>>
>>70391693
Fuck off redcoat.
>>
>brticucks are STILL mad
>>
>mfw america was so unimportant that the british let it go
>>
>>70391693
What's your end game OP?
>>
Americans consider The Patriot to be based on the true story and everything in it as hstorical fact

u simply cannot win OP
>>
File: 1464090714599.jpg (50 KB, 463x543) Image search: [Google]
1464090714599.jpg
50 KB, 463x543
>>70391791
>was

Count the supercarriers

Looks like we own the seas now
>>
The American Revolution was incredibly gray VS gray.

The colonials had a point in that they were being taxed without being represented in parliament. But the Brits had a point in putting the (actually pretty small) taxes in place, as the colonials had started a war with the French that cost Britain a shitload of money.

It says a lot that the most balanced version of the American revolution in popular culture is a hip-hop musical. And even that puts the blame on George III, who was pretty much not involved in the entire thing.
>>
>>70391828
yeah

america is basically britain's son that carries on all of the family traditions
>>
>>70391693
Even as a Britcuck, I've studied the period and it basically amounts to over a century of colonials conquering America from the natives, doing literally everything themselves, and then the British stepping in to protect their interests after the Seven Years war. Except by this point the colonials already had more than a century of relative independence and they weren't a fan of the heavy handed nature of British legislation against them.

The only thing the colonials did pretty badly was not pull enough weight during the Seven Years war but that's understandable given their situation.
>>
>>70391828
>we
>from someone who would literally be shot if he set foot on one
>>
>>70391876
Nice try britcuck.
>>
I'm not sure if you're being serious...

You the movie is classified as "historical fiction". You do know what the word fiction means right?
>>
File: 20160602_145540.jpg (135 KB, 378x454) Image search: [Google]
20160602_145540.jpg
135 KB, 378x454
>>70391878
>yes sir, I'd like to join the navy
>welcome aboard, literally

whew, so difficult

Check out this pic, I made Ryan Gooselings face straigh instead of crooked.
>>
File: 1464911776838.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1464911776838.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>70391693
Whatever helps you sleep at night britbong
>>
>>70391978
>yes sir, I'd like to join the navy
>*gets shot by naval MPs*

Fixed.
>>
>>70391693
Go home bong, no one cares. And the wall just got 10 FEET HIGHER
>>
>>70391791
>largest most defensible piece of land on the planet, especially back in those days

Yep, Brits are fucking retarded.
>>
The Patriot was genuinely shit, though. Although they DO need to invent British atrocities, in order to make the story of "a bunch of slave owners claiming they're fighting for freedom" a bit easier.
>>
>>70392027
Why exactly would recruiters shoot me? Did you take that as I fucking swam out to one and climbed aboard in all black with a grappling hook at night during a storm, seeing only when lightning struck, to aproach a gaurd from behind and then shout that I'd like to join into his ear?
>>
File: WHAT'S YOUR NAME MAN.jpg (243 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
WHAT'S YOUR NAME MAN.jpg
243 KB, 640x360
SUPERIOR WORK ABOUT THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION COMING THROUGH

EVEN AS A BRITBONG I LOVE THIS

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SONG?
>>
>defending lobsters
>in 2016
all you had to do was let up create our own colonial monies you mercantilist cunts
>>
>>70392121
I know you would you fucking sperg.
>>
>340 years later
>still butt devastated
>>
>>70392280
> 340 years

Did you throw your mathematics textbooks in the sea as well as all the tea you wasted?
>>
File: 1449945977577.png (56 KB, 1379x2031) Image search: [Google]
1449945977577.png
56 KB, 1379x2031
>>70392280
>1783 was 24 years ago

feels bad man
>>
File: british petroleum.jpg (161 KB, 350x922) Image search: [Google]
british petroleum.jpg
161 KB, 350x922
>tfw the colonials literally have no serious grievances in the slightest
>tfw the colonials whine about "muh freedumbs" but worry about us abolishing slavery throughout the empire
>tfw the colonials whine about "muh equality" but complain about French Canadians keeping their rights
>tfw the colonials whine about "muh justiss" but complain about the indigenous nations getting to keep the Ohio valley
>tfw the colonials think they beat the shit out of the redcoats when the French, Spaniards & Dutch hold down our forces whilst we fight two separate wars in India at the same time

Why so pathetic, colonials?
>>
File: america lol.png (56 KB, 721x748) Image search: [Google]
america lol.png
56 KB, 721x748
>>70392174
All you had to do is work hard instead of relying on black people to do your hard work for you for free.
>>
>>70392146
Satisfied
>>
>>70392881
Goddamn, is the American Revolution approached the same way in British schools as WWII is in Japanese schools?

Whatever helps you guys sleep at night. I hope it was worth colonizing a bunch of dogshit countries like India for losing the one country that really mattered.
>>
>>70393199
the most humorous part is even after all the history of British hegemony, France is the country with the most oversea territory today
>>
>>70391693
except the movie shows colonials getting btfo most of the time but ultimately winning because of circumstances.
>>
>>70393199
Mostly it isn't discussed so much because it isn't that important by our standards. It's not the first time we lost a colony (we lost Calais in 1558 and Tangier in 1683).

How do you think the "revolution" should be taught in our schools? As a bunch of peaceful slave-owning white supremacists bravely fighting to throwing out their own people so they could exterminate the continent's indigenous people and steal even more of their land? What a heroic tale.

> I hope it was worth colonizing a bunch of dogshit countries like India for losing the one country that really mattered
We still kept Canada, which today is generally considered to be a nicer place than the US.
>>
>>70391693
>The Minutemen and guerrilla fighters didn't even contribute significantly to the battles
Nigger have you even heard of the southern campaign?
>>
>>70392146
Holy shit they made something about this fucker and potential traitor? Better watch John Adams.
>>
>>70391878
Why would they shot him in the foot?
>>
File: 13892904499757654.jpg (73 KB, 855x717) Image search: [Google]
13892904499757654.jpg
73 KB, 855x717
>>70393927
>We still kept Canada, which today is generally considered to be a nicer place than the US.

Canada Act of 1982
>>
>>70393927
>How do you think the "revolution" should be taught in our schools? As a bunch of peaceful slave-owning white supremacists bravely fighting to throwing out their own people so they could exterminate the continent's indigenous people and steal even more of their land? What a heroic tale.

Makes me wonder how the Second Anglo-Boer War would be taught today if the British had lost that as well.

In fact, I seem to recall the first Boer War ending in a suzerainty deal not dissimilar to the one offered to (and rejected by) the American colonists.
>>
>>70394168
Yeah. We gave them independence when they asked for it. Do you think if we had kept hold of the 13 colonies, we'd still have kept holding on to them today? Unlikely.

>>70394309
The Boers, much like your founding fathers, were slavers and supremacists who couldn't bear the idea of mixing with that continent's indigenous people, much like the British colonials who followed them after and oppressed the Afrikaaners in addition to everyone else.

The British government put them in concentration camps. When they got out of them and got into power they oppressed the native majority and other non-European foreign minorities.

I will say this for the Boers though. They were never hypocrites though: they never professed a belief in liberty or equality unlike your founding fathers.
>>
>>70392121
Eloquent writing sir.
>>
>Is English.
>Lives in America.
>Told that since I live in America I'm no longer English.
>Write letter to my King telling him Parliament is acting like a bunch of fags. He rights back saying I should stop being traitor because I'm no longer English.

And that is how the Revolution started....
>>
>>70394988
>>Told that since I live in America I'm no longer English.

Do you magically become an Abenaki or a Cherokee if you live in America?
>>
>>70395261
Ask Parliament. They are the ones that decided that all rights as Englishmen ended after crossing an invisible line somewhere that stripped your of your Englishness. Unless you were appointed to office by them or in the Military.
>>
>>70395261
>britbongs will never run with the buffalo
absolute jealousy i'm sure
>>
>>70391693
Didn't a 6 year old kill a redcoat in one scene? I like Mel but ya that movie was shite.
>>
>>70394626
>(You)r founding fathers

okay then
>>
>>70395410

Didn't seem to stop them from pressing our sailors into service when they were getting slapped around by France.
>>
>>70395410
They didn't deserve their rights as Englishmen because they never fought for them.

Whilst people in England were fighting and dying for their rights in the Civil War, the colonials and the Wampanoag were finger-popping eachother's arseholes over in Massachusetts.

>>70395428
>"britbongs will never run with the buffalo"
>doesn't know the difference between eastern woodland natives and the natives of the plains

>>70395668
>Didn't seem to stop them from pressing our sailors into service when they were getting slapped around by France.
You were complaining about that during the fucking 1740s too. Heaven forbid your people ever lift a finger for the mother country or do any work. What's the point? You can always whip a black guy into doing it for you for free.
>>
>>70395884

You basically made military slaves of men that already had jobs and family, who you decided at a whim should fight for you without any choice of their own.

And you talk of slaves. Charlatan knave.
>>
>>70395884

"To put a man to death for an offence that does not deserve death, is it not murder?" -BJF, Essays - pg. 235
>>
>>70396129
>You basically made military slaves of men that already had jobs and family, who you decided at a whim should fight for you without any choice of their own.
Yes, and we did it again during WW1 & 2 with national conscription otherwise we would have lost. What colonials call slavery, Englishmen call duty.
>>
>>70394045
The musical actually has a whole song of George III laughing at the idea of John Adams being president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOOm7YLA9vg

It also contains Hamilton giving the line "Sit down, John, you fat motherfucker"
>>
>>70396421

You mean the two world wars where we saved you, again.
>>
>>70396563
> Americans think they did anything in WW1
>>
>>70396563
You mean the first WW where you did nothing and the second WW where the Russians put in most of the effort.

Or do you mean the Seven Years War where if we hadn't intervened, you'd all be speaking French?
>>
>>70396591

Well I remember a couple of years where we basically doubled the combined forces of france and britain combined to keep you from getting over run by the krauts.

yeah I consider that something. We allowed our forces to fight in other army commands other than our own, supplied material for the entirety of the alliance.

Much in the same way Marshal Plan occured. Lend and lease.
>>
>>70391693
>those damn yanks were evil
Replacing revisionism with revisionism doesn't fix anything.
>>
>>70396668

The same russians that were propped up by us. Yeah real heroes. We should probably appease you though right because buying time solves problems?
>>
>>70396591
Americans literally broke the stalemate. You fags were butt fucking eachother in the trenches until we brought new blood in and broke the stalemate. So fucking ungrateful it's ridiculous.
Then we fucking saved you in WW2 while also singlehandedly defeating the yellow peril.
>>
File: battle of singapore.jpg (121 KB, 278x874) Image search: [Google]
battle of singapore.jpg
121 KB, 278x874
>be britbeta
>suck shit at war
all the real men went off to the colonies which is why they always got BTFO by their colonies and today the british are known as weak effeminate pasty faggots
>>
>>70391866
The entire issue was simply that the colonies had gotten so big that they didn't need Britain's protection and British foreign policy was doing more harm than good to the colonies. That was it. Britain was dragging it's colonies into distinctly European wars and was forbidding colonists from buying or taking land from natives further inland. America had no good reason to stay part of Britain aside from nostalgia.
>>
File: 1464649698161.gif (281 KB, 600x940) Image search: [Google]
1464649698161.gif
281 KB, 600x940
>>
>>70396838
And forbidding the colonists from trading with other countries.
>>
>>70396668
Literally sitting in summer school about world war 2. It took Hitler 70 days to conquer Western Europe and then start bombing the shit out of England. But please tell me more about how America somehow didn't save your pussy ass
>>
File: ForFREEDOM.jpg (20 KB, 371x480) Image search: [Google]
ForFREEDOM.jpg
20 KB, 371x480
>>70396880

July 4th cannot come quick enough!
>>
>>70396909
Yeah, that too.
>>
File: vietnam.jpg (66 KB, 488x324) Image search: [Google]
vietnam.jpg
66 KB, 488x324
>>70396800
Is that why the empire got much smaller after you guys left?
Is that why we didn't burn down the White House?
Is that why your soldiers weren't struggling to beat the natives throughout the 17th to 19th centuries?
Is that why you won a resounding victory in Vietnam whilst we lost so badly in Malaysia?
>>
File: NOWTHISISPODRACING.png (118 KB, 800x963) Image search: [Google]
NOWTHISISPODRACING.png
118 KB, 800x963
>>
>>70396668

You mean the war where you hundled under a fucking rock while the germans buttfucked your entire southern region with missles? Yeah real brave hiding while europe gets steam rolled and then talk shit to us you ungrateful pale nigger.
>>
>>70391693
>This movie -- like the actual "War of Independence" -- is based almost entirely on fuck and lies.
we still won, right? If the English weren't idiots they would have up and moved the fucking king to America if it meant maintaining control. More valuable than they ever could have imagined.
>>
>>70396719
>>70396771
> American school system propaganda THIS strong

Bet you guys still think you won Vietnam and the War of 1812?
>>
File: declare.png (208 KB, 1000x1566) Image search: [Google]
declare.png
208 KB, 1000x1566
>>
File: british army.gif (2 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
british army.gif
2 MB, 500x209
>>70392336
Not getting the spirit of 1676
>>
>>70397037
Actually, the French won. The colonists lost every major battle they fought, including the largest battles of the war. Mostly because Washington was a shit tier general, who was only really good at retreating.
>>
>>70396668
>second WW where the Russians put in most of the effort.

The same second WW where if the US had left you tea sipping pansy ass fucks to your own devices, the Russians wouldn't have stopped in East Germany and continued steam rolling across Europe all the way up the King's ass.
>>
>>70396668
Russia couldn't have won against Germany without US support and virtually the entire Pacific war was won by America.
>>
>>70397039

Majority of vietnam we couldn't go into cambodia to take the fight where they were hiding and they didn't listen to Eisenhower when he told them they needed a major invasion to finish it quickly.

School with any system is only as strong as what you put into it, which is why we have some of the strongest schools in terms of being graded for whatever categories education is qualified by and we can still at same time have extremely dumb citizens.

Making blanket statements isn't going to change anything and treaty of ghent/War of 1812 was a stalemate. We still won last battles of that war, you remember New Orleans right?

Or when USS constitution went 3 on 1 against brits and beat the shit out of you? Or when we fucked you all up and down great lakes.
>>
>>70397039
So your country wasn't being reduced to rubble by German aircraft? How exactly does your school system describe this series of factual events?
>>
>>70397098
Washington was also good at getting and using intel.
>>
>>70397191
> War of 1812 was a stalemate. We just tried to invade Canada, and got repelled, and got the White House burned down. BUT IT WAS A STALEMATE

>>70397192
It described it as an incredible victory against insane odds that saved the world. Which, you know, it was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain
>>
>>70397192
No, we won the battle of Britain. Pay attention.
>>
>>70396838
Maybe if the colonials had done more to assimilate into native cultures (as some of the French colonials had done), the Cherokee wouldn't have felt the need to go to London and beg the king not to let the colonials steal any more of their land.

>Britain was dragging it's colonies into distinctly European wars
The colonials complaining about this immediately after dragging Britain into a fucking war with France in 1754.

>>70396909
That's just about the closest thing the colonists had to an actual fucking grievance.

Most of the rest was just whinging about the Quebecois, black people & red people having too many rights.
>>
>>70397239

You're 30 years off, we didn't invade canada until later.
>>
>>70391693
>resorts to pillaging and violent intimidation to garner supplies from the local populace
>commits war crimes against former adversaries who have peacefully surrendered
>routinely rapes women when in a position of authority over them

never really understood why Mel Gibson wanted to portray someone like Marion
>>
>>70397273
The war of 1812 was an attempted annexation of Canada. Please learn the history of your own 'country'.
>>
>>70391693
I really like that when the british hire black soldiers, it's portrayed as something despicable and low but when the americans do it, it's because of "muh freedom" and equality.
>>
>>70397243
If Germany wasn't also ass blasting Russia at the same time Hitler would have turned your country into Atlantis 2.0.
>>
>>70397239
>What General Weygand has called The Battle of France is over. The battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilisation. Upon it depends our own British life and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of a perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour"

I wonder how Churchill would feel seeing the UK today
>>
>>70397344
Something that the USA likes to forget is that a major recruitment cause for the rebels was the British promise to free any slaves that fought for the King.

This was a promise that the British kept, despite losing the war.
>>
>>70397248
>these hypotheticals
>trying to paint history as good vs bad
The fuck reason would I care about that? You are obviously just a butthurt britbong who cares more about national image then the truth. Take it to /int/ or /pol/.
>>
>>70397248

Why are you so angry, is it because of islam?
>>
Fuck the founding fathers, everyone worships them so much that we will never switch over to a parliamentary system and unfuck this government.
>>
>>70397522
The deification of the founding fathers is pretty fucking sickening. Nobody likes to mention that Washington owned like, 300 slaves and effectively started the French and Indian war with his own incompetence.
>>
>>70397425

Why do british always act like innocents when European powers are reason the atlantic slave circuit only existed because of you.
>>
>>70397522
List the pros and cons.
>>
>>70397558

What are you talking about, every book in last 20 years that has come out about Washington mentions his slaves.

>>70397522

No, socialist, fuck you.
>>
>>70397561
>b-but Africans had slaves already, so it was alright
>>
>>70397561
Maybe because we ended slavery without fighting a self-destructive war over it that STILL causes butthurt over half the nation because they can't fly the flag of the slavers?
>>
>>70397561

Their local civilization was already built up on the backs of space labor. It was obviously time to start policing people in the literal wilderness half a world away for attempting to do the same shit.
>>
>>70397606
Wat? Are you seriously ignoring the economic motivations of slavery?
>>
>>70391693
The villians were the thieving british cunts who tried to tax the citizen's to death and most the dumb citizens didn't even want the war in the first place because they were brain dead like you. Go to Mecca 2.0, I mean Britain, if you love them so much
>>
>>70397646
>Their local civilization was already built up on the backs of space labor.
Wait, like, actual illegal aliens?
>>
>>70397344
I seem to remember the black laborers being offered freedom for siding with the British, an offer which they refuse because they're apparently already free.

Because yeah, a half dozen black dudes and their families are living in shit and working the fields for a rich plantation owner by chance, right.

I'm not even sure what's worse, the fact that the movie's antagonist proceeds to enslave the "free" field workers in the army, or that the man Gibson's character was based on had developed a nasty reputation for torturing and executing former slaves that he caught fighting for the British.
>>
>>70397690
Taxes had little to do with it aside from instigating the people with the most money and media control. The average American wouldn't have given a damn had the rich merchant class and the people who make all the news in the colonies riling them up.
>>
File: kdb5IRD.png (222 KB, 1000x4153) Image search: [Google]
kdb5IRD.png
222 KB, 1000x4153
How accurate is this?
>>
>>70397721
*by choice
>>
>>70397561
Because we're not constantly going on about MUH FREEDUMBS and MUH EQUALITY all the time whilst raping every black girl we can find and scalping every red toddler in the vicinity. If the settlers weren't hypocrites and just admitted they were selfish slave-owning genocidal white supremacists, we really wouldn't mind so much.

The slave trade only survived as long as it did because the planters in the Americas are constantly demanding new slaves and pushing for their interests through agents in parliament. When Oglethorpe built Georgia as a free colony for settlers who don't mind doing a bit of hard work, the colonials went apeshit and whined until the king made slavery legal there. It later became a Confederate state, surprise surprise.

>>70397690
Oh, those poor colonists having to pay taxes. They're the victims here. Not the enslaved Africans, not the dispossessed natives, but the people who have to pay a fraction of what people in England have to pay and fucking 0.0001% of what those in India have to pay.
>>
>>70397797

haha
>>
>>70397606
>the civil war was fought over slaves

Top meme britbong
>>
File: posst.png (68 KB, 495x833) Image search: [Google]
posst.png
68 KB, 495x833
>>70391693
There's another villain that you appear to be forgetting OP.
>>
>>70397882

Didn't Caribbean have 10x the amount of slaves imported that were imported to North America? Something about sugar, tobacco farming being dangerous enough to kill tons of slaves?
>>
>>70397882
>whilst raping every black girl
With all the raceplay porn out there, there is a surprising lack of white male taking advantage of brown skin savage women or black slave women.
>>
>>70397797
Why is it France's fault?
>>
>>70393927
>generally considered a nicer place
you mean leftists circlejerking about other leftists you fucking leaf
>>
>>70397901
If this ain't bait, then I don't know what is.
>>
>>70397901
part of it
>>
>>70397939
Yes. The American colonies didn't really import many slaves. The Caribbean and Brazil required constant shipments of slaves. They died faster than they could reproduce.
>>
>>70397939
Yeah, the US got less than 4% of all slaves sent to the new world. They just had better living standards.
>>
>>70394045
>john adams
that was such garbage

THAT was historical revisionism

>le americans started the violence
the tar and feather scene was total made up trash
>>
god brits are the biggest cucks on the planet
>>
>>70397901
>muh states' rights
States' rights to do what?
>>
>>70397939
The Spaniards couldn't get enough black pussy. Shit is too good.
>>
>>70397901
States rights which involves slavery.
>>
>>70395884
>they never fought for them
>what are ancestors
hurr, kids in england never fought either, guess they aren't english
>>
>>70397901
You must be a southern.
>>
>>70391866
this
>>
>>70397571
>>70397599
Us gov and Congress are completely dysfunctional due to increasing partisan gridlock. Parliamentary system gets shit done. Google is your friend
>>
>>70398004
This is bait.
>>
>>70397988
You realize Lincoln and the North offered the south the Corwin amendment which would make slavery 100% protected by the constitution and the south turned it down? Do you really think millions of white men would go to war over blacks.
>>
>>70397039
I bet you still think we lost

the only possible reason for us "losing" is because the terms of war have become primarily political and have nothing to do with successes in the military
>>
>>70398094
You aren't a monarchist by chance too, are you?
>>
>>70397882
Because niggers are scum and Indians were violent savages anon. Also your islands in the Caribbean and Brazil made up a far larger portion of the slave trade than did North America.
>>
>>70397901

lost cause pls go

The Civil War was fought over states' rights to institute and codify chattel slavery.

If you shorten that to "slavery", you're paraphrasing.

If you shorten that to "states' rights", you're dissembling.
>>
File: Old Empires Home.png (244 KB, 816x2790) Image search: [Google]
Old Empires Home.png
244 KB, 816x2790
>>
We should just nuke Britain already
>>
>>70397939
Yes, and they would've joined the revolution if the founding fathers could've guaranteed the colonists safety from the numerous slave revolts. They felt they were better off with the British but, of course, they would've been better off with the USA since Britain abolished slavery earlier. They would've joined the CSA if they'd stayed and might've tipped the Civil War in their favour.

>>70397941
I guess you would have had to ask Jefferson that, back in the day.

>>70397952
Sorry, I'll rephrase that "generally considered a nicer place" if you're not a braindead racist moron who celebrates the extermination of his country's indigenous people and wishes he could own black people again.
>>
>>70397522
>he wants a parliamentary system
you really are a dumb fuck, son
>I want a system of government where coalitions of parties that don't hold majority can collude and now have an unelected majority
restoring the restrictions to democracy we once had would be the best option, and it still wouldn't fix the giant problem
>>
>>70398094

Gridlock was intended for times such as these where people become hyper partisan and want to change everything.
>>
>>70398139
The whole point of war is achieving a favorable political outcome. Thats what makes it war and not a back ally knife fight.
>>
>>70398187
Please leave, Trump.
>>
>>70398050
Are you having trouble with dates here? The founding fathers descend mostly from the English who left before the Civil War. Why should they get rights which their ancestors didn't stay and fight for but instead ran away like cowards to the new world to scrounge off the Indians?
>>
>>70391946

You're an autist if you don't understand that historical fiction in the form of film is influential in developing people's perspectives on historical topics.
>>
>>70398183

this is great
>>
>>70398178
Thats why Lincoln went to war to free the slaves and not preserve the union right? The civil war was probably the most monumental event this nation has ever experienced. You cant boil it down to one simple issue or catch phrase.
>>
>>70398178
The civil war was fought over the state's rights to secede. That's it you goof.
>>
>>70398140
No I don't care for Britain very much. Ideally I would like to see a platonic technocratic oligarchy but I don't think it is possible to find the proper people to manage it over the generations.

>>70398208
>>70398218
Your patriotism blinds you. The political division in this country will only grow worse over the next few decades as the country regresses. No one can change that as long as the status quo remains in place.

>>70398368
And they seceded over the right to determine if they could keep slavery legal. Two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>70398249
I'm for Sanders
>>
>>70398183
>America
>Canada
>Australia

No one remembers New Zealand....
>>
>>70398144
>Because niggers are scum and Indians were violent savages anon.

Y'see, I wish the constitution had just said this. At least, the founding fathers could've been honest about their reasons like you were.

>Also your islands in the Caribbean and Brazil made up a far larger portion of the slave trade than did North America.
And they were all full of whining colonists who complained about how the slaves had too many rights. Had they known about the Confederacy a hundred years in advance, they would have defected to the revolution if they could get away with it.
>>
>>70398455

No, we have classes on our government and intellectual thought behind its founding in every high school.
>>
>>70398512
That's because no one cares about NZ
>>
The US didn't really do nothing wrong but neither did British. The US simply got to big and it was only natural that they wouldn't want the British overlords hovering over them while they pretty much spent the last 100 years colonizing the country without them. That is until the whole war with France when the British had to come in and fight but by then the US was already on such a long leash and got to large. Meanwhile the British just wanted the colonies to pay for a war that was fought on their lands. It was a pretty grey war.
>>
>>70398178
The American Revolution in the south was about the rights to own slaves as well. Britain lost the south because they were worried about us threatening to abolish slavery.
>>
>>70398537
And those classes are biased propaganda from kindergarten on, promoting the imperialist manifest destiny narrative our country is for some reason so proud of.
>>
>>70391693
>What is Battle of Kings Mountain?
>What is Battle of Cowpens?
>>
>>70398183
Where's Turkey?
>>
>>70391866
French started the war by using natives for their purposes. Britain came in to defend it's territory and Americans were in the cross fire from there. Forced conscription from one end. Death and mutilation from the other. More Americans died that war than British and then They still tried to blame it on the colonials and justify the new taxes and unreasonable civil laws there after. I mean for fucks sake how can you people justify the quartering acts?
>>
>>70393199
>Goddamn, is the American Revolution approached the same way in British schools
It isn't taught in British schools, but the war with France is.
>>
>>70398455

For that middle statement I said the thing about learning our government in highschool, but you seem to think this is worst partisan moment in our history when periods such as Civil War actually led to a division of the union and period before yellow journalism where we had Democrat/Repub media spelled out in their actual papers.

We have far less partisian nature than even in our own past. We have at times had more of a common working government but that coalescence was more because a lot of our politicians used to hang out together across party lines and they usually don't stay in Washington anymore.

Every class for government in U.S public education system will cover the gridlock element of the system and reason why one part of the legislature was intended to be slow on purpose. The break up of the powers, checks and balances, etc.
>>
>>70398714
Typical Anglos, only teaching the wars you won.
>>
>>70398745
Well, only the ones that are relevant
>>
>>70398767
>American Revolution
>Loss of first major colonial holding by the British Empire
>Not relevant
Oh Britannia-sama, you're so silly!
>>
>>70398712

Same reason we cannot be jailed for making a hate speech comment on the internet or actually having freedom of speech or many of the rights our Bill of Rights gives us. You can actually be imprisoned in Britain for saying the wrong thing.
>>
>>70398826
>first
but we lost lots of other colonies
>>
>>70398712
>They still tried to blame it on the colonials
Because it was their fault. If they didn't keep trying to colonise Ohio and stayed happy with the land they had stolen so far, Washington wouldn't have started the war. If you'd treated Indians like human beings, they wouldn't be lining up to join the French.

>I mean for fucks sake how can you people justify the quartering acts?
It's called patriotic duty and sacrifice. Why are you people so opposed to lifting a fucking finger to help soldiers who have (stupidly) tried to stop the French from wiping you out?
>>
>>70398868
How's the Patriot Act going for you guys?
>>
>>70398767
>American Revolution
>losing a colony that was that large
>not relevant

Nice try britbong.
>>
>>70398502
Trump wants to nuke Europe though.
>>
>>70398745
We discuss the colonist's greed and genocidal ambition quite a bit though.
>>
>>70398882
Name a colony that was as big or as important as the Thirteen Colonies that Great Britain lost prior to that.
>>
>>70398930
>greed and genocidal ambition
Like Father like Son.
>>
>>70398868
Our government stopped caring about your constitution the moment it let the NSA record literally everything we say and write.

Try denying the holocaust on twitter, and you'll get arrested. Go out on the street and start calling people nigger, you'll get arrested. Stop pretending we are free just because we can own a fucking gun, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>70398826
We lost Calais in 1558 and Tangier in 1683. Both of which were considered at the time far more important economically than the 13 colonies.

We still managed to stop the traitors from taking Canada and the Caribbean colonies as much as they would've liked to.
>>
>>70398744
You are right I just have not slept in 36 hours and felt like role-playing as an Australian for a thread

>>70398966
>Try denying the holocaust on twitter, and you'll get arrested
What? People do this every day
>>
>>70398917

For muslims it sucks but honestly TSA is worst part of that entire era and they're looking to privatize it so not sure yet.

If you mean infringement on our freedoms, I don't know if there is anything we can do to put intelligence arm back on a leash. I mean Prism alone is a pretty scary program.

We might need a few more snowden's before we can fix it. I am unsure.

Though I won't be arrested for making comments the government or someone else dislikes and that is worth all orwellian bullshit we get stuck with.

I mean the irony to me is people that were pro-big government were the ones most worried about Big Brother.
>>
>>70398938
>lost prior to that
Irrelevant. We could have lost it before or after, it still wouldn't have been important as our other colonies.
India, African Colonies, all were more important than the U.S. and they gained their independence without letting the French win it for them.
I know your desperate for daddy to notice you, but the fact is we just don't think about you anymore. Good luck with your 50% white police state, and remember to vote for Hillary.
>>
>>70398938
See
>>70399038
>>
>>70399084
A few people have been arrested for it. I remember one prolific case in Montana that I can name off the top of my head.
>>
>>70398966

You can literally do or say most whatever you want, the only thing that isn't protected is inciting violence.
>>
>>70399084
>>70399159
Is it true that you guys can be arrested for collecting rainwater?
>>
>>70392074
M-muh motherland
>>
>>70399169
>denying the holocaust and calling someone nigger is violence
>>
File: AP050726016574-690x387.jpg (62 KB, 690x387) Image search: [Google]
AP050726016574-690x387.jpg
62 KB, 690x387
>>70399118
>Britbong
>Calling someone else's country a police state

LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH
>>
>>70399094
Nothing will change. People here are comfortable enough with their lives. They'll bitch about it but won't do anything. The government knows this.
>>
File: 1453188439849.jpg (121 KB, 724x502) Image search: [Google]
1453188439849.jpg
121 KB, 724x502
>>70392074
>america is the most defensible piece of land
Then how come the mexicans and niggers have invaded you so well?
>>
>>70392146
Any answer that isn't "The Room Where It Happens" is wrong.
>>
>>70399239

Generally if you insult someone, they're going to want to fight you so it isn't the word itself that does anything besides how it makes the person you're insulting feel.

So calling a black guy a nigger is going to make them want to fight.

And I don't pay attention to storm weenies but if people like Webster Tarpley can go around screaming about conspiracies, I highly doubt holocaust denial will do anything.

The only way that could cause a problem is if you're in skokie Illinois and screaming at jews until you manage to pick a fight with them, then shit happens.
>>
File: Pacific theatre in a nutshell.gif (2 MB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
Pacific theatre in a nutshell.gif
2 MB, 1000x600
America is OP. Please nerf.
>>
>>70396523
John Adams said a lot worse stuff about Hamilton than calling him a 'creole bastard' which, by the way, was true.
>>
>>70399311
>especially back in those days
>>
File: Untitled.png (485 KB, 656x828) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
485 KB, 656x828
>>70399278
Don't remember the last time Mi5 launched a nationwide spying campaign and mapped every word we said online to arrest us later on - and then branded the person who revealed it to be a traitor that Russia, the country we keep being told is an evil statist shithole, welcomed with open arms to protect from you.
Call back when your people aren't being shot for leaving their houses.
>>
>>70399311
Because we welcome diversity. We're not low IQ bigots blaming others for their own failures.
>>
>>70393927
Look at all this beautiful niceness. Surely this niceness can be monetized and make my empire strong.
>>
>>70399374
>bomb the shit out of Japan
>they become best allies

Japan is cucked. And so is Vietnam.
>>
>>70399038

>Were
>Were considered

Mean two different things. You considering some bumfuck unimportant places more important than north America doesn't make you letting go of the greatest global power in human history a major pitfall in your continued relevance on the world stage.
>>
>>70399311
Blacks were here since we brought them, Mexicans are fine, integrate well within 1-2 generations and provide essential labor for the economy
>>
>>70397320
>War of 1812
>2000 British Regulars die in a ditch at New Orleans while Andrew Jackson laughs

Oh, I know my history.
>>
File: geometry.jpg (229 KB, 870x884) Image search: [Google]
geometry.jpg
229 KB, 870x884
>>70399431
>be american dog
>get shot
>be american gorilla
>get shot
>be american
>get shot
>call other countries police states and tell myself I am free
You can't make this shit up
>>
One of the thing I love about this thread is how it proves that colonials are basically just the ultimate dindus.

>wah wah wah why should i have to pay taxes just because everyone else does
>wah wah wah why can't i own slaves in georgia when i can own them everywhere else
>wah wah wah how come the quebecois are allowed to speak french and aren't forced to become protestant
>wah wah wah how come i have to quarter soldiers even though they fought to stop us becoming a french colony
>wah wah wah i'm a REAL american, not these guys with feathers in their hair and different coloured skin who have been living here for 50,000 years before i invaded, why do they get all the land
>wah wah wah SAVE ME BRITAIN

Doctor Johnson knew these colonists were human garbage.
>>
>>70399311

We brought the blacks here and didn't remove them to Liberia when they were freed and we brought chinese here to replace blacks.

Certain portions of our economy like illegals because it allows farms to work more cheaply.

pretty much any group that is here has an economic reason to be.

A lot of the other minority populations got here because we bring them back when we fight in their host countries.

Laos, Vietnam, All of our middle eastern citizens.

Pretty much only ones that aren't here because of a war are sub-continental Indians and sihks.
>>
>>70399441
>We're not low IQ bigots blaming others for their own failures.
You mean like how blacks blame whitey for their...

Oh sheeit
>>
>>70399469
>mexicans are fine
That's why Trump wants to build a wall to keep them out, amirite?
>>
>>70399311
Mexicans have been in my state before it entered into the Union and blacks were brought here by forced.

Either way I prefer these two groups than the refugees that are flooding into Europe.
>>
File: roasted.jpg (136 KB, 669x571) Image search: [Google]
roasted.jpg
136 KB, 669x571
>it's a burgerland gets btfo thread
Brought to you by Australia, g'day lads
>>
>>70391877
not tm mention the colonies would still be british if we were given representation in parliament.
>>
>>70399462
Japanese were wronged by the Imperial government. America liberated them.
>>
>>70399609
>liberated
:^)))))))))))))))
>>
>>70391693
>We ll never get a patriot esque film where mel hunts down and kills the jews who kicked him out of Hollywood
>>
File: colonizing.png (206 KB, 800x3000) Image search: [Google]
colonizing.png
206 KB, 800x3000
>>
>>70399639

I guess we could've just firebombed them like you did with the Germans, but if I recall that only ended up in a half liberation.

>Brits
>Leaving a job half done

Pick two.
>>
>>70399466
>the greatest global power in human history
Until the next one comes along, then the next, then the next...

We didn't get as much produce out of the 13 colonies as we should have because the colonists were far too lazy.

In 1922, we had the largest empire the world had ever seen, eating the Mongol Empire after slightly under seven centuries. I'm genuinely interested to see who will take our title.
>>
>>70399516
Suburbs are beautiful.
>>
>>70399491
Do you smell something burning, anon? Couldn't be the White House, could it?
>>
>>70398455
>And they seceded over the right to determine if they could keep slavery legal.

They could keep slavery legal if they stayed you dope, the north never even threatened it. See >>70398112. They chimped out because they believed the federal government wasn't upholding the constitution equally.
>>
>>70399749
Or you could have just not bombed them. The Japanese did nothing to your civilians, yet you bombed the shit out of theirs and imprisoned U.S. nationals in your own country, and you have the gall to claim the moral high ground?
The whole thing started because you couldn't keep your pudgy fucking fingers out of the eastern pie, so when Japan decides to claim it's soil, you had to jump in and enforce sanctions on them just as you are doing today with Russia.
Japan literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>70399431
>the country we keep being told is an evil statist shithole, welcomed with open arms to protect from you.
They welcomed him because his offense was against the government of another country. The treatment would not have been the same if his actions were at the expense of a Russian government agency. Taking in someone who transgressed against a state that you're not on good terms with anyway doesn't make you some sort of just protector of free information.
>>
>>70391693
Ok I know I'm late to this party but are you kidding? Far more important war? Limey scum gave up control of a fucking continent whose limits weren't even known at the time. That can produce enough food to feed the entire planet several times over. That is rich in pretty much every natural resource.

I can understand not predicting American dominance the last 100 years or so but even in the 1760s it was clear that America was a bountiful land of untaped potential.

Butyeah. Leave it up to monarchies to get their tits twisted over which incestuous half cousin wasn't playing nice. Waaay more important than losing access to essentially HALF THE PLANET.
>>
File: 1464339641104.png (85 KB, 312x332) Image search: [Google]
1464339641104.png
85 KB, 312x332
>>70391693
>I ll never get to kick in british heads while mocking theyre dental hygiene all for the glory of general washington
>>
>>70399762

can we not, I am really tired of my country being in wars.

seriously let british empire keep its record, I like the world the way it is.
>>
>>70399799
>>
File: remove burger.jpg (53 KB, 638x367) Image search: [Google]
remove burger.jpg
53 KB, 638x367
>>70399799
>>
>>70399605
Should the slaves and the Indians get representation as well?
>>
>>70399762
It'll be China.
>>
>>70399762
It'll be a while but right now America is the world's hegemony. It has both hard and soft power.
>>
>>70396668
Salty lobster is salty
>>
>>70399824
You don't know what you are talking about.

Japan attacked because America stopped giving Japan oil. They figured it was better to attack now then wait for America to declare war on them when Japan no longer had a strategic reserve.
>>
File: 1814-i.jpg (109 KB, 700x541) Image search: [Google]
1814-i.jpg
109 KB, 700x541
>>70399799
>Be British
>Be such a pussy I'm scared to fight American militia
>Beg and bribe Indians to do it for me
>Andrew Jackson massacres the Indians easily, then takes more of their land for fun

Has any country ever been so cucked by one man?
>>
>>70399535
Damn. You made that libcuck's head skin.
>>
>>70399859
That was some tip top banter, shame the yanks got so butthurt.
>>
>>70397163
>Russia couldn't have won against Germany without US support
Why don't you just post that graph showing how much you lent them during the war, so that I can show you how wrong it is and how they out produced you in the relevant areas?
Or, I could tell you right now: American lend lease did literally nothing to help anyone.
>>
>>70399762

>Biggest empire.

On a technicality of laying claim to a country that to this very day has its people shitting in the streets and jerking off with cow urine.
>>
It makes sense that America and France got on so well. They're both assholes in love with themselves who can't take a joke and smell awful.
>>
>>70391693
>The Minutemen and guerrilla fighters didn't even contribute significantly to the battles, that's a myth. It really was the colonial regulars who did all the heavy lifting.
Bro, most of the time the Minutemen served as our skirmishing lines. This was in fact a pretty significant feature in these battles. Did they win the battles, of course not, but they were there to make the enemy waste large amounts of munitions on a tiny pointless force, maintain pressure on opposing troops, and screen movement, and shit worked.
>>
>>70399931
>attacked because America stopped giving Japan oil
That'll be the sanction I talked about earlier m8
>>
>>70399966

>Imagine your father wrecking your favorite things
>thinks this is banter

No, its an asshole's move.
>>
>>70399966
Yank here, and I never heard about it. Doesn't seem like a good idea to get my briefs in a bundle over the actions of an embassy of a country no one had heard of. I'm sure the story was front page worthy in your country though.
>>
>>70399824
It was the right choice to end it. If America had decided to put troops in Japan, more people would've died. Plus the government wanted full surrender.
>>
>>70400001
On roads, cities and buildings that we built for them. Making fun of failed colonies is fun and all, but we don't give you guys shit for Liberia, do we?
>>
>>70399993

A total of $50.1 billion (equivalent to $659 billion today) worth of supplies were shipped, or 17% of the total war expenditures of the U.S.[2] In all, $31.4 billion went to Britain, $11.3 billion to the Soviet Union, $3.2 billion to France, $1.6 billion to China, and the remaining $2.6 billion to the other Allies. Reverse Lend-Lease policies comprised services such as rent on air bases that went to the U.S., and totaled $7.8 billion; of this, $6.8 billion came from the British and the Commonwealth. The terms of the agreement provided that the materiel was to be used until returned or destroyed. In practice very little equipment was returned. Supplies that arrived after the termination date were sold to Britain at a large discount for £1.075 billion, using long-term loans from the United States. Canada operated a similar program called Mutual Aid that sent a loan of $1 billion and $3.4 billion in supplies and services to Britain and other Allies
>>
File: BRITS.png (211 KB, 323x810) Image search: [Google]
BRITS.png
211 KB, 323x810
>>70399845
>I'll never get to scalp a whiny colonial with a tomahawk whilst his former slave holds his left shoulder and an Indian holds his right for the glory of His Britannic Majesty.
>>
File: 1460573818302.gif (1 MB, 393x281) Image search: [Google]
1460573818302.gif
1 MB, 393x281
>mfw the new World Trade Center was built to 1776 feet to remind the British of their defeat
>>
>>70400061
You could have saved thousands of lives just by saying to Japan, enough's enough. But no, your government wanted full surrender.
>>
>>70399875
The slaves and indians weren't subjects of the crown. We had slaves and killed indians when we were British as well, fyi.
>>
>>70399993
>top Soviet general literally states Russia couldn't have won without American rolled steel
>American did nothing
>>
>>70400065

>We built for them

Isn't it wrong to claim ownership of the works of your slaves, britshit?
>>
>>70392083
Lol. Slave owners. The average person did not own slaves. Nice try cuck
>>
>>70391693

The Minutemen is a fantastic band

>our band could be your life
>>
>>70400065
that wasn't a colony. that was a nigger dumping ground.
>>
>>70400099
Brits did 9/11
>>
>>70400041
It was years ago m8, and it was only a minor issue on >twitter. They were forced to remove the tweet thanks to yank anti-banter-backlash.
>>
File: 1399715673317.jpg (145 KB, 851x630) Image search: [Google]
1399715673317.jpg
145 KB, 851x630
>>70394168
>>
>>70400079
>Implying you pussies were tough in anyway

Thats a good one anon I chuckled
>>
>>70400041
>an embassy of a country no one had heard of.
And in whose language you wrote this post.
>>
>>70400074
Completely irrelevant by strategic terms. All of the countries could have done the job without your support.
The Soviet Union produced more heavy and more medium tanks than the U.S. and had the fuel to use them. The Il-2 was the T-34 of the skies, and the Luftwaffe was basically bombed to bits by the RAF and the USAAF, so they didn't need fighters or bombers. They had more men as well. So what good would the few Shermans you sent them have done?
Britain defended its own island virtually unsupported aside from food, which we could have just rationed anyway. Africa, we got a few tanks.
The other countries are irrelevent. The USSR and their winter won WW2, you just helped a little.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (204 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
204 KB, 1920x1080
anyone else watch Turn? i liked it. especially this dude. one of the best villains on TV.
>>
>>70399845
Washington had false teeth you mong
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.