[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No one actually thinks he's a great actor, right? Only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: dicaprio.jpg (50 KB, 745x434) Image search: [Google]
dicaprio.jpg
50 KB, 745x434
No one actually thinks he's a great actor, right?

Only movie I actually thought he was good in was probably Shutter Island. Still I wonder if it couldn't have been improved by someone else.
>>
But he can shout louder and out squint any other actors.
>>
>>70387282
>Only movie I actually thought he was good in was probably Shutter Island.

How many of his films have you seen?
>>
>>70387347
All
>>
Shutter Island is shit.
>>
>>70387282
>>70387329
Morons.
>>
He was good in Django
>>
>>70387282
He's a really mediocre actor but he believes he's a pacino or a de niro. plebs do too. it's irritating.
>>
>>70387282

Way to go overboard.

He's a good actor. He takes his roles and owns it.
>>
He was awful in the Revenant. In fact he's either just serviceable and being outclassed by better actors or awfully miscast and overrated.

His best role in the past 15 or so years was probably Django Unchained, and that movie isn't all that good.
>>
>>70387552
Probably his worst performance. That's truly the movie where it's just Leo pretending to be a Southern plantation owner, not acting.

Maybe it's the script though, but his acting in that movie really is terrible.
>>
>>70387519
Bullshit
>>
Wolf of Wallstreet is probably his best because it's the character most like him.
>>
>>70387282
I think he's a good actor, but I can't get past his accents sometimes- often I just hear Leo.

That said, I liked him best in The Aviator.
>>
>>70387282
You go to hell, you go to hell and you die
>>
>>70387610
okay :)
>>
wait /tv/ hates leo now?
>>
>Blood Diamond
>The Wolf of Wall Street
>The Departed
>Catch Me If You Can

I liked him in these. He was very good in Blood Diamond to be honest
>>
>>70387610
>pretending to be [x]
forgive me for being thick, but isn't that what acting is?
>>
>>70387920
No, me putting on a pirates hat and going "Arrrrgh" probably wouldnt be consider good acting either. You need to be convincing and realistic. Become the character preferably and not just pretend
>>
He plays himself in pretty much everything and routinely overacts. His career was kickstarted by being an extremely attractive teenager and offering his boipussi to Martin Scorcese in exchange for roles.
>>
>>70387282
He's good in WOWS and django because all he has to do is yell.
He's the main reason the revenant didn't work so well imo
>>
>>70387789
what doesn't /tv/ hate?
the only thing /tv/ might like is laughing evans, and that might be only one person
>>
>>70387789
Are you new here?
>>
Of course Leo's a great actor, that's why people wanted him to win an Oscar so bad. Gangs of New York, Inception, Wolf of Wall Street, all great films. In fact I don't think he's been in a bad movie.
>>
>>70388368

I'm with this guy, pretty much every film he has been in has been worth watching, I rate him highly.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.