[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally all men now to blame for the whole Ghostbusters mess.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: image.jpg (361 KB, 1242x1715) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
361 KB, 1242x1715
Literally all men now to blame for the whole Ghostbusters mess.
>>
>Women were a mistake

-God
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
>>
>make an all-female ghostbusters
>sjws will promote the film for us and defend it against any criticism, legitimate or otherwise

Someone got a raise at Sony's marketing team, that's for sure.
>>
> Not allowed to dislike it because you're just a man and sexist

How sexist
>>
>the washington post
nowadays it seems they became a buzzfeed tier clickbait site
>>
>>70385683
>Sony Board Meeting
"Guys our film is getting a ton of dislikes on youtube. Even our stars look embarrassed to be part of this production. I think its going to bomb, what do we do?"

"We could reshoot elements, and make it into something better?"

"Nah that would cost too much, let's just blame the dislikes on the fact a few of the youtube comments mention women, and stir some SJW drama."
>>
>>70385744
It's amazing.
All they had to do was release a trailer.
>>
They were going to make another Ghostbusters remake with four guys and it fell apart after fans shit all over it. Who should I blame for that?
>>
Predustice aside, just simply in terms of having an objective opinion, every single trailer looks terrible.

This has nothing to to with the fact that it's a remake, featuring women, just that it looks like the film is going to be awful. Every single scene looks awkward, or forced and the black woman seems to be really annoying and she over acts.

Remakes are generally terrible.

This is no different.

Gender plays no role.
>>
SJW have made this movie into a political football from day one. But no. It is the men's fault that this movie have a heavy political shadow hanging over it.

Who are they trying to convince?
>>
>>70385830

Obama
>>
>>70385683
I literally haven't seen a comedy in theaters for over a decade.
>>
>>70385683
fucking christ, it has nothing to do with the fact that its all female. Its the most disliked video in history because its a shameless reboot/remake of a classic movie. Some things are still sacred.
>>
>>70385683
If this stared the original cast, before they started dying obviously, and nothing else was different, it'd actually be worse because I expect a shit movie from actors who are doing it for a pay check.
>>
>it shouldn't have been a big deal
They really want it to be a big deal, don't they? It still isn't. It looks Sandler-tier, and I can't stand that hack either.
>>
>>70385683
they had an agenda from the get go, so boo hoo for only realising that the agenda you had was force feeding political opinion
>washington post
shite
>>
I don't understand. Why are liberals making this movie their 'Last Alamo'? There are far more worthy causes to die on the hill for.
>>
also "let's bait those alt-right internet activists"
>>
I hate women as much as anyone, but not even women deserve to be represented by the Ghostbusters remake.
>>
>>70385683
they can only blame themselves
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 1242x786) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 1242x786
>>70385840
You're not allowed to dislike it if you're a guy, sorry.
>>
File: 1442507915562.png (22 KB, 274x242) Image search: [Google]
1442507915562.png
22 KB, 274x242
>>70385683
>all this free advertising
>>
>>70385893
A deal is a deal, anon.
>>
>>70385744
You know, it would be brilliant if the marketing team deliberately put "4 scientists" in the first trailer just to instigate a response.
>>
This social justice warrior nonsense is the greatest thing to ever happen to corporate and state power. Dislike or otherwise don't approve of something? You're a racist, sexist, homophobe, buzzwordbuzzwordbuzzword!
>>
I HATE MY MOM, A LOT.

Four female Ghostbusters simply aren't realistic. Only men are uniquely equipped to wield proton packs and analyze ectoplasm, a substance emitted by ghosts, WHICH ARE REAL. Women's hands are much TOO SMALL to hold a proton pack. GHOSTBUSTERS is supposed to be a COMEDY and WOMEN AREN'T FUNNY. And good luck getting audiences to believe that FOUR WOMEN could possibly do SCIENCE, much less in the same room without GETTING THEIR PERIODS ALL AT ONCE or snatching each other's weaves in a fight over a man. I watch television AND READ THE INTERNET. I know how women are.

I'M NOT A FUCKING IDIOT!

THIS IS A BETRAYAL. I can't believe Hollywood, a place that so often embraces novelty, would revisit a franchise THIS SOON after the first film was made and completely change the whole cast around and basically SHIT ON MY CHILDHOOD. GHOSTBUSTERS IS ONLY 31 YEARS OLD. HAVE YOU NO DECENCY? GET BACK TO MAKING MOVIES BASED ON COMIC BOOKS STARRING CHESTY WHITE GUYS! AND THE SKINNY THIRSTY BITCHES WHO ARE INEXPLICABLY ATTRACTED TO THEM! PLEASE!!!

WHEN I TELL YOU I THINK YOUR TITS LOOK NICE, IT'S A COMPLIMENT, YOU CUNT!

FEMINISTS HAVE TAKEN EVERYTHING AWAY FROM MEN—world government, the US Congress, Fortune 500 CEO positions, cable punditry, Ghostbusters—and they won't stop until they've taken EVERYTHING. I'm all for equal rights, BUT COME ON.
>>
>>70385683
has anybody seen it yet? oh right.
>>
>>70385941
This movie is going to turn out worse than Blues Brothers 2000
>>
rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63 rule 63
>>
>>70385683
So basically fail and blame men again?
>>
File: 1356916437285.jpg (6 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
1356916437285.jpg
6 KB, 240x210
But they're the ones who made not seeing it a "political act". Now they're aghast at the fact that it can be viewed both ways? How fucking dumb are they?
>>
>>70385957

I'm saying. Winston wasn't even a scientist, niggas don't even know the basics of the source material they're bastardizing. Between that and making it ambiguous as to whether it was a reboot or a sequel, it's like that trailer was designed to piss people off.
>>
>>70386081
>trailer was designed to piss people off
Nothing sells like controversy, innit?
>>
File: blade of the immortal neckbeard.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blade of the immortal neckbeard.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>70385683

Why not have a good cry, OP? You and the rest of these cockfaggots got what you wanted only to find you didn't want it.
>>
>>70386064
That's feminism in a nutshell
>>
Why are there no Asian women cast? I go to one of the better UC's getting a STEM degree and there are about 5% white females and literally 0% black females in every one of my classes. It's mostly white guys and more so Asian guys and girls.
>>
File: 1464743013977.gif (1023 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1464743013977.gif
1023 KB, 500x281
Rare animated video footage of SJW's reacting to criticism against Ghostbusters reboot.
>>
>>70385941
>virgin nerd shaming

Wow, how progressive!
>>
>the movie ends up being as bad as Pixels or Grown Ups 2 or whatever
>everyone defends it regardless

isn't that sexist?

sorry your film is awful but we have to pretend to like it just because you're women. we're not gonna treat you equally like all the male comedies sorry.
>>
>>70386139
Diversity means white and black people. Weird brown people are not relevant
>>
That's right /tv/ keep advertising it

You're the reason I fucking found out who Amy Schumer was and I watched trainwreck

Literally had no fucking idea who she was until /tv/ spread that shit
>>
>>70386038
But it is going to get no lower than a 90% on RottenTomatoes because the good little liberal critics will all fall in line to seem 'tolerant' and 'feminist'.

Meanwhile the audience score will probably be below 50%.
>>
I don't know why we're making such a big deal over this.

Just don't fucking go see it, and if you really have to entertain sick curiosity: pirate it.
>>
File: ghostbusters27f-1-web.jpg (78 KB, 750x501) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters27f-1-web.jpg
78 KB, 750x501
>all-female Ghostbusters should have been no big deal
>despite the fact that we've been making a big deal out of it for months now
>>
You guys suck at this.
>>
>>70385941
If you're a girl, you have internal mysoginy or something.

This is the difference between real feminists and internet feminists. Real ones do something to help women. Internet ones come up with arguments to be "right" on the internet.

Fuck this shit. Loudmouth retards should be the one representing an entire movement. My mom works at a fucking women's shelter, she doesn't have time to go on publicity stunts like this.
>>
>>70385683
>should have been no big deal
>make a blockbuster
>advertise it in the worst way possible
>continue to blame men for everything when they're riding on the works of men in the first place
>every site is clickbait now
What did they think was going to happen?
>>
File: woodoody.jpg (19 KB, 387x468) Image search: [Google]
woodoody.jpg
19 KB, 387x468
Imagine if criticism against Adam Sandler movies were brushed as anti-semitic because Adam Sandler is jewish.

>internet neo-nazi manbabies refusing to see top comedy Pixels
>>
File: the patrician.jpg (694 KB, 1274x715) Image search: [Google]
the patrician.jpg
694 KB, 1274x715
>>70386228
>I don't know why we're making such a big deal over this.

Apparently you're not a proper /tv/ neckbeard if you can't get hysterically touchy about absolutely nothing.
>>
>>70386228
No one is going to see it. The fact that they're attacking men and blaming misogyny for a shitty movie should worry you about the direction our retarded society is heading.
>>
>>70386293

Fuck, don't you even entertain the idea. I can already see the clickbait.
>>
>>70386308

There's one now.
>>
>>70386333
Go to bed, Judd
>>
>>70386308
>they're attacking men

poor old anon. you'd give anything to be one of the "men" instead of a bitchy out-of-step autist, wouldn't you?
>>
File: triggered.webm (547 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
triggered.webm
547 KB, 640x640
>that one tumblr lard samefagging
>>
>>70386353
Awww, are you upset anon?
>>
>>70386345

Your lucid brain rejects this idea but I bet for a moment you actually managed to make yourself believe Judd Apatow was posting in the thread because of how badly you needed it to be true.
>>
File: internet misogyny.jpg (71 KB, 720x656) Image search: [Google]
internet misogyny.jpg
71 KB, 720x656
>nerds are now supposedly misogynist for disliking all-female Ghostbusters reboot
>the same nerds who praise Alien, Terminator, Xena, Tomb Raider, NOLF, Metroid, Relic Hunter etc.

K.
>>
>>70386361
see
>>70386308
well I did say "autist"
>>
>>70385683
>falling for corporate cuckolding
if they were true rebels they would pirate it
>>
>>70386395
And? That guy is correct. Ill ask again, are you upset anon?
>>
>>70386381
>nerds are now supposedly misogynist for disliking all-female Ghostbusters reboot

Make your mind up, sparky. It was "literally all men" at first.
>>
>>70386357
>Snorlax used Earthquake
>>
>>70386429
>Ill ask again

Want 'em to work in an "edet psot" option for you as well, retard?
>>
>>70386381

Your logic ends where their feelings begin.
>>
>>70386433
>4chan is one person
>>
I find it funny that, were we to have a 2015 remake of Ghostbusters with a new male cast these same people would never complain that the new cast were different heights, different ethnic background (HEY WHY DID YOU RECAST A POLISH AMERICAN INSTEAD OF AN IRISH AMERICAN!), different hair/eye color, different pitched voice, differing amounts of tattoos or piercings, different shaped nose and heads, etc. etc. What a special type of mindset it takes to have a world-view that allows you to suspend your disbelief so NARROWLY. (I said pretty much the same to all the people who shuttered at the notion of a black Superman or Spiderman.)
>>
>>70386465
Nah just a post that makes sense would be nice.
>>
>>70386427
I would love if it leaked online and the box office was ruined. Similar to what happened to The Interview
>>
>>70385683
the whole movie is a political act and the escalation of this shitstorm was entirely fueled (like always really) by the SJW side losing their shit at people disliking the Trailer.

Why are leftists always SO FUCKING WRONG?
>>
>>70385840
>Predustice
What?
>>
>>70386139
>My limited perspective and exposure is representative of the population
>Look at me I'm a STEM major guys
>Let me use this as a chance to brag about my degree
>>
>>70386506
An idea for a new all male Ghostbusters was already floating around, and it was getting shat all over just like this one is.
>>
They're so fucking desperate, trying to fulfill their own prophecy.
>>
File: 1452184073292.jpg (27 KB, 705x696) Image search: [Google]
1452184073292.jpg
27 KB, 705x696
This entire movie is a reflection on what movies are today. It's not about content or story, it's about bland movies with politics up the ass. On top of that the entire thing is a remake. Remaking every original film because Hollywood is too scared to actually create anything original. They say they're nerds and celebrate "nerd culture" but at the same time trying to keep up how things worked before. Blaming nerds for not wanting to see shitty political statements and propaganda. Saying they're virgins even if the original fans of Ghostbusters must be half-dead by now. Why would men want to see all-female movies? Everybody knows women aren't funny. SONY spent 154 million dollars when the original move only cost 30 million. This is going to be one of the biggest box office bombs in history.
>>
>>70386506
Nobody would call me Pole-hater for disliking such remake though. People would be sceptical about it because it's an unnecessary remake, but it's Defence Force invasion that is pissing them off.
>>
>>70386381
>Feminism used to be about having women judged by the same standards as men.
>Literally everything advertised about this movie was that they are stronk wymyn who dont need no man
>Any criticism is deflected on the grounds that they are women.
When did feminism start to have such a dark, infantilizing view on women?
>>
>>70386536
Calm down sugar tits no one is bragging. I left my school and degree ambiguous to not sound boastful. Stay on tumblr if such minor things are going to trigger you.
>>
>>70386546

This is true, just not in the way you think.
>>
>>70386511
Isn't North Korea fan of Trump ? Let's make them hack SONY once again and leak this shit
>>
>>70386608
well i hope you enjoyed jerking off
>>
>>70386602
Not enough real problems. I'm sure the feminists in Syria are legit.
>>
Why didn't they make it 2 men + 2 women

Shit, 2 blacks and 2 whites

There's no reason for "4 women" today, as equality has been achieved. Going "4 women" because of muh women is simply degenerating women into what men were with "4 men".

O, you sad, sad "progressives". It'll set your equality back if you don't realize it.
>>
>>70386585
False. Hollywood reboots movies that absolutely do not need them all the time (and most of the time the trailers for those projects look like shit too). I can’t think of a single reboot that has attracted anywhere NEAR the level of vitriol as the Ghostbusters reboot. There’s almost nothing different from Ghostbusters (and please don’t try to say that Ghostbusters is somehow more beloved and fans feel more protective of it than other remakes because until people started trying to defend their negative response I can’t think of a single person who spoke of Ghostbusters as that kind of sacred, beloved classic) than any other remake except ONE THING, that the reboot replaced a cast of 4 male leads with 4 female leads.

The casting decision is why this has become such a lightning rod, and even if people can convince themselves that its for other reasons, I don’t buy it and any reasonable person should be able to understand that those reasons are just a cover for the misogynist ones.

If someone told me that something I made when they were already adults ruined their childhood, I’d probably have to stop myself from telling them that if that’s all it took to ruin their childhood, it wasn’t much of a childhood to begin with.

“it’s not because it’s starring women, it’s because the trailer is really bad!”

those same people on other movies:
“wow, the trailer was bad. i’ll still watch. it’s probably just a bad trailer.”
"It’s about ethics in trailer journalism!"
>>
>>70386506
You sound young. You don't remembe rthe shitstorm when Blond Bond was announced?

And it's Spider-Man, not Spiderman. Fucker.
>>
>>70386506
>A POLISH AMERICAN
Is there such a thing?
>>
>>70386738
Or if they really were going for equality and progressism, why no Latino ? Or Asian ? Why is the black woman the most cliché portrayal of a sassy black woman.

Why are those fucking SJW supporting that film ?

When this shit bombs, nobody's going to want to make another all female blockbuster, they are sending women backwards ffs
>>
>>70386923
>Why are those fucking SJW supporting that film ?

Because warriors need to fight. If they only supported the good stuff, they would just be happy and less angry.
>>
>>70385777
They are all buzzfeed level click bait, and it doesn't help that facebook promotes this shit with their one sided liberal news feed. We are at a point in our society where at least 80% of the working force (retail, food service, office) hate their job and stayed married to their computer and just look at shit articles all day. I am no better because I do it with /tv/ but at least this place is fun. Combine this with the rampant I get it my way right now American mentality, you get a system of board people that will eat up bullshit articles and use that sense of entailment to justify the insanity behind the articles.
>>
>>70386007
That is the worst attempt at pasta i have ever seen. Strong element of cringe based on how hard you think it's making a point.
>>
Why the fuck is there only ONE black woman?
So fucking obvious she's the token.

Hollywood thinks it can be "diverse" if it only has white women. Because fuck minority women.
>>
File: avgn ghostbusters.jpg (839 KB, 1400x3401) Image search: [Google]
avgn ghostbusters.jpg
839 KB, 1400x3401
>>70386880
There was no some "moral obligation" to watch Total Recall remake, Robocop remake, Friday the 13th remake, Nightmare on Elmstreet remake, Godzilla remake, etc. and nobody called me a misogynist for disliking them from the start because they're mostly male starred. Except Nightmare and Friday.

It's the same thing with everything:
Somebody trolls man online: trolls
Somebody trolls woman online: misogynists
Male starred movie/game/show flops: bad production, bad writing
Female starred movie/game/show flops: misogyny

It's part of the SJW rhetoric. Women can only be victims and victims only, everything women do is perfect and you're a literal Hitler if you think otherwise.
>>
>>70386231
>actor
>not actress

fucking lol.
>>
>>70387027
m8 you don't need to say anything. Just realize someone actually got so fucking mad and wrote all of that just to get ignored.
>>
>>70385783
I agree, originally I wanted to da it was just click bait sjw's just being themselves. But after that faggot Paul Figg said what he said, it was clear as day that this was Sony Damage Control.
>>
>>70387067
Yeah you're right. People are so mad about everything these days man. What a time to be alive.
>>
File: 064.png (99 KB, 360x269) Image search: [Google]
064.png
99 KB, 360x269
>you don't like the look of movie
>decide not to see it, just like with gazillion other movies you decided not to watch
>you're now a misogynist

I want out of this ride!
>>
>remake a movie using clichés, tropes and stereotypes that the original subverted

Being mad about this is only natural.

I can't believe they turned the relatable, level-headed audience surrogate black dude into le sassy ghetto black woman.
>>
So what? Who isn't a racist misogynist nowadays? Come on guys, it's 2016!
>>
>>70386923
Feminist hate Catholics because Daddy was a religious, but they supports Islam, the most sexist religion, it makes no sense!
>>
I'm sorry, I'm not a mysogynist. I'm a Sonygynist. I refuse to support that movie studio in any shape or form.
>>
I'm just imagining all the forced laughter by the blue haired Tumblrinas and their cuck friendzoned nu-male companions in the audience.
>>
>>70387027
Struck a nerve MRAvirgin?
>>
This is part of Sony's marketing strategy to try to get people to guilt-watch it.
Honestly, just stop talking about it all together.
The more you do, the more articles like this will be written.
>>
>>70385683
>should have been no big deal

Then why did you make such a big deal out of it?
>>
File: sony writes spiderman.png (103 KB, 991x398) Image search: [Google]
sony writes spiderman.png
103 KB, 991x398
>>70387287
>I'm a Sonygynist.

top jej
>>
>>70387273
Yeah now that I think about it, stupid question. Those are the people that says facts and logic are weapons of the patriarchy

>>70387338
>yfw the numer of articles like this will hit sky high right before the movies launches for maximum guilt potential
>>
>>70387353

Holy fuck this is embarrassing.
>>
>>70387436
I can feel Amy's cringe from across time and space. Jesus fuck, Nick!
>>
>>70387287
Sonygynist is someone who supports womanization of Sony.

You are mysosonist.
>>
So when is this movie coming out? I need to prepare myself to get maximum comfy when it drops and flops.
>>
>>70387493
Nah, Let's call it SonOdium.
>>
File: 1451838970933.png (29 KB, 224x353) Image search: [Google]
1451838970933.png
29 KB, 224x353
>>70387353
>electronic dance music is the defining music for Millennials
How can anyone even be this retarded?
>>
I really wonder what the reviews will be like.
If a male reviewer gives it a bad review, he'll most likely get fired.
If a female reviewer does the same, they'll say she didn't "get it" and probably get fired too.
>>
>>70385683
they're doing it
the mad 'womyn' are doing it
they're gonna guilt the public into seeing it!!!!
sony sending mass emails to everyone associated with sony or employed by them to go see the movie and to take their friends and family!!
and to put positive reviews everywhere (in social media)

the first guilt profit movie!!!
it was their plan all along!!
>>
>>70386188
Very much this, I wonder why no one ever brings this up. They always contradict their own morals so hard
>>
>>70387538
>Be executive
>Your job is to oversee creative things
>You are not creative, you are hired because you are good with money or something
>If you don't give any input you are fired
What would you do?

This is an omnipresent problem in many areas. I read about people actually adding stupid shit just so boss would ask them to remove them and satisfy his itch.
>>
>>70387577
Meh, Sony is about to go bankrupt. They're doing everything they can to stay above water. It's not even a conspiracy or a new way to promote movies, it's just desperation.
>>
File: 1364955163192.gif (427 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1364955163192.gif
427 KB, 200x198
>>70385744

I said this months ago, long before the trailer and everyone on this board said I was paranoid and it couldn't possibly be true. Now it's accepted wisdom.
>>
>>70387653
You're a liar. I don't believe you.
>>
>>70387193
watching it is a moral engagement now hurr durr
>>
>>70387707

Obviously I have no way of proving it now and don't care enough to search the archives, but it was shortly after it was confirmed it was going to be an all female cast. Only one or two other anons agreed with me.
>>
>>70387734
>implying 90% of people won't just lie about watching it
>implying they on't just wiki the plot and pretend

It's "cool" to be political and shit, but only as long as it doesn't incovenience people in any way.
>>
>>70387653
It's not much of a prophesy when western media has been driving the eternal victimhood narrative for a while now.
>>
>>70387780
Nice try. No cigar.
>>
>>70385744
Their marketing director was actually fired after that first trailer lmao
>>
>>70385683

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWhZ2XS08aQ
>>
>>70385683
Wah wah wah wah wah. Shut the fuck up idiot and stop giving these morons attention.
>>
File: image.jpg (526 KB, 1900x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
526 KB, 1900x1440
>>70387335
L M A O
>>
>>70385744

The same thing would've happened if they made an all black ghostbusters.

Honestly, this shoehorning of muh womyn and minorities in this way is honestly pathetic.
>>
File: Adam and Eve.jpg (37 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
Adam and Eve.jpg
37 KB, 225x300
>>70385719
That's pretty much every religion, including Christianity
>>
>>70387780
I don't believe anyone disagreed with you. The moment it was announced I think everyone knew what would happen.
>>
Every act is a political act
>>
File: 1450986806338.png (339 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450986806338.png
339 KB, 600x600
>>70387840
>>70387843
>Both incredibly easy to predict and no chance of foreseeing it
>>
>>70387879
Yeah just keep your head in the sand idiot. That fixes everything
>>
File: banging rocks.jpg (603 KB, 1280x1316) Image search: [Google]
banging rocks.jpg
603 KB, 1280x1316
>>70387871
Reminds me of this.
>>
File: goat4.jpg (121 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
goat4.jpg
121 KB, 800x600
>Watching Fembusters is now a political act

Imagine how scary it will be for them when NOBODY goes to see it.

The bubble is going to burst and they're either going to be humbled or (most likely) go insane.
>>
But the reactions to the trailer when it came out WERE sexist. Read the /tv/ archives from that time.

I mean, everyone on here I've pressed about the movie has shown their cards too soon. It's so obviously misogynistic alt-right campainging, has been from the start. Don't act surprised at these articles, you implanted the idea.
>>
>>70385840
Black woman reminds me of the sassy black woman that pops up in WKUK sketches from time to time. I think it's hilarious how they made a character out of that unintentionally.
>>
>>70388060
tinfoil some more kiddo
>>
>>70388060
One out of 20 bad post being sexist=/=all sexists!
>>
>>70388060
This to be honest. I think the movie looks like complete garbage, but if your main issue is the fact that it's women in lead roles - then you're retarded
>>
>>70388104
What do you think this thread is? /tv/ manbabies will always be the right wing equivalent of the SJW boogieman... except /tv/ is real.
>>
>>70385683
I wonder how many of these articles where commissioned directly by Sony. Every actual feminist I've talked to has said not to blame them for this travesty.
>>
>>70388130
Would literally rather be retarded. Death to the left.
>>
>>70388136
Nice projection.
>>
>>70388060
/tv/ is always sexist tho
Febusters' reactions in this board are nothing exceptional.
>>
>>70388160
>Death to the left
>Women cant play lead roles

Allahu akbar, brother
>>
>>70388130
But it's NOT that fact that is/was the issue. It never was!
>>
File: 1427640447559.jpg (39 KB, 503x617) Image search: [Google]
1427640447559.jpg
39 KB, 503x617
>>70388060
>cherry pick handful of anti-semitic comments from Adam Sandler movie trailers
>WOWZA WOW __ALL__ CRITICISM AGAINST ADAM SANDLER IS LITERALLY NAZISM
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 1024x610) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 1024x610
>>70388136
cry more
>>
File: 1461866542596.jpg (426 KB, 570x596) Image search: [Google]
1461866542596.jpg
426 KB, 570x596
>>70387335

>MRAvirgin?

Oh shit, I'm so triggered right now I'm literally shaking.
>>
File: Resize.jpg (173 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
Resize.jpg
173 KB, 1024x680
>>70387910
>The same thing would've happened if they made an all black ghostbusters.

No, because that would have been hilarious. Black people freak the fuck out about the supernatural.
>>
File: image_4.png (167 KB, 636x426) Image search: [Google]
image_4.png
167 KB, 636x426
mfw I'm not going to see the movie and I don't give a shit how well it does
>>
>>70387645
and associating it/clumping it with 'they must trump supporters' for not wanting to see it also reeks of desperation

wtf world?
wtf
>>
>>70385683
Yeah, you kids will grow up one day and figure out the impact of setting precedents and how they lead to inevitable consequences. Don't worry lads it's all a learning experiencing.
>>
>>70388193
I have no problem with fundamentalist Islam. I just dislike its current adherents.
>>
Infallible movies, literally can't complain about them even if they turn out to be Battlefield Earth level of shit because if you do muh soggy knees and poo tree Archie.
>>
...but we DO actually hate it because it's all women, right? I mean, I thought it was commonly accepted by now that woman aren't funny
>>
>>70385830
>They were going to make another Ghostbusters remake with four guys and it fell apart after fans shit all over it. Who should I blame for that?

Capcom.
>>
It's because Ghostbusters is respected. It's remembered fondly. People really like it, and everyone was hoping for a reboot in the spirit of the original – or simply no reboot at all. Instead, what we've got is a hollowed-out shell with the Ghostbusters logo slapped on. You cannot take something as iconic as Ghostbusters and turn it into a cheap attempt to make a quick buck off a particular demographic. The "spirit" of Ghostbusters is missing. Instead of selling the movie based on it being good, they're trading on the "lol so nerdy fangirl" demographic flocking to see it because there are women and minorities involved. The whole movie relies on a gimmick. The original Ghostbusters audience has essentially been discarded. They are not the target audience. This is not a movie for them. And they're understandably a bit pissed off about that.
>>
>thanks guys
>guys

yeah its always the mans fault. every woman in the west is fighting for her right to see the new ghostbusters
>>
>>70385744
>Someone got a raise at Sony's marketing team, that's for sure.

If you think this marketing will guarantee the movie being a success you're delusional.
>>
>>70386205
>You MADE me watch a bad movie

No, you're just a retard who discovered a bad movie, knew it was going to be bad, and watched in anyways. Congratulations
>>
>>70388310
Women are funny. It's the mainsyream level of humor that isn't funny thses days. Men and women aren't funny anymore.

Have you listened to any stand-up lately? It's fucking aweful. Men, women, dogs, it's shit.
>>
>>70385683
People not wanting to see a movie because it looks bad is now a political act
>>
>>70388310
>>>/r/feminism
>>
>>70388215
Epic. Mind if I use this in my men's rights powerpoint for university?
>>
>>70387047
>>actor
>>not actress
>fucking lol.

They typically get annoyed when they're called acresses.
>>
>>70388453
Only if they have a good understanding of the English language.
>>
>>70388310
I'm willing to accept much of /tv/ only hates it because women, but that's because most of /tv/ is /pol/ and /r9k/ runoff. Despite what it thinks, /tv/ has next to no influence over the movie insutry, so our opinion matters little in the face of big studios.
People don't like it because it's a shitty remake of a previously beloved franchise. Don't believe the commissioned articles. They could've made it with an all-male, all-white cast and people would still say it looks like shit.
>>
>>70385866
>women existing = political

ok m8
>>
>>70388448
Sure. Don't forget to wear your tinfoil hat. Don't want those nasty MRAs sending evil misogyny brain signals.
>>
This is very remiscent of gamergate with the media ignoring the issue and shifting blame to someone else.

They took a beloved childhood movie and tried to politicize it by making the cast all women. Their focus groups told them that the nerds would watch it regardless and that the change would bring in more women. Then they made a bad movie with a bad trailer and it's all "woah woah woah woah, this isn't our fault, it's the sexist manchild pissbabies fault!"

Ghosts make men sexist!
>>
>>70385683
I thought Jennifer aniston was in this?
>>
>>70388448
Knock yourself out pumpkin
>>
>>70388545
Tinfoil fedora, thank you very much!

Actually, it's a panama, but I say fedora because people don't know what a panama is.
>>
I kinda want to see this movie just so I can throw tomatoes at the screen. Too bad that would imply giving Sony money.
>>
>tfw get called a misogynist
>by your own mother
>just because I want to get married one day
>tfw usually a hard core conservative
>this is what liberal media is doing to that gen
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 284x177
Sure guys, Red Dawn, Total Recall, Fright Night and Robocop remakes took the same amount of shit this movie got, it's not because there are females in it, it's not because half of comments on the trailer are insults towards women, it's just about ethics in movie industry, nothing else.
>>
>>70388568
I think a female ghostbusters only reboot would only work if its done very abstract with a young girly cast.

Ghostbusters are technically the pest control of the paranormal world a job thats shit and dirty and something women traditionally dont do. This is why the female ghostbuster only worked in the cartoon aswell
>>
>>70388645
Buy a ticket to a diffrent movie then go in the ghostbusters theater anyway
>>
>>70388686

How many times have you posted in this thread?
>>
>>70388745
How many times you got laid this year?
>>
File: 1459722638145.png (2 MB, 1405x1077) Image search: [Google]
1459722638145.png
2 MB, 1405x1077
how many layers of irony is this guy >>70386007 behind?
>>
People werent angry at first because it was "womin in my male roles!" it was that it was that none of theoriginal cast returned, it was talked about for years that they wanted to go at it again, this ontop of ANOTHER pointless reboot, the reboot people wanted was with at least some of the original crew that made the first great, not an entirely replaced one with a bunch of no-marks. Then came the "you only hate it because women are in it!" and that kicked off the whole shitstorm of back and forth.

Imagine this reboot with the Always Sunny in Philidelphia crew as the leads, yes even a woman, people with actual comedic chops that can act out gags and play roles, not failed SNL actors plucked from different places, but actual comedic actors who could have back and forth with eachother.

I personally dont want to see this movie because the trailers make the movie look like a Wayans movie, like its not real and that its taking the piss out of something and not actually making a real movie, not because of fucking women, the gags dont look particularly smart or crafted, vomit and fart jokes arent fuckign what Ghostbusters is for christ sake.
>>
The only reason I would watch that movie is if Annie Potts was in it as the chief GB.
>>
File: 1464717819213.jpg (159 KB, 654x862) Image search: [Google]
1464717819213.jpg
159 KB, 654x862
>>70388686
Remember when you got called sexist and misogynist when you pointed out how shit the new Robocop looked? Remember all that time when bunch of people dogpiled of any random movie fan who dared to point out how the Robocop remake completely missed the point what made the original so great?
Remember all the media fuzz behind Robocop that threatened to blackmail you as misogynerd if you refused to pay money to see that movie?
>>
>>70388780
The amount of times you posted in this thread
>>
>>70385830
doesn't that just prove that everyone criticizing it now isn't sexist? that all they wanted was Ghostbusters 3 and not some shitty ghostbuster remake no matter who was starring in it?
>>
File: 1384885950027.jpg (19 KB, 292x326) Image search: [Google]
1384885950027.jpg
19 KB, 292x326
>>70388686
>Sure guys, Red Dawn, Total Recall, Fright Night and Robocop remakes took the same amount of shit this movie got
But they did. When did you ever heard someone said "Holy shit I fucking love the Total Recall remake its better than the original"?
>>
>>70388686
I wonder if studios are actually paying people to post in movie forums like this one... I don't believe anyone on this board as any reason to defend this movie, yet a few posts like this one still pop up... Then again, it could just be an anon baiting.
>>
>>70386139
>>70386204
Someone solved the diversity issue in an old thread without sacrificing the integrity.

>Ghostbusters International: Tokyo
Villain: suicide inducing oni
>Ghostbusters International: Bombay
Toilet witch
>Ghostbusters International: Guadalajara
La Llorona
Etc
>>
Shills are on overtime trying to defend this shitty disaster
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 800x800
>it's a /pol/ gets triggered and shits up an art board episode
>>
File: 1373526961502.jpg (106 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1373526961502.jpg
106 KB, 640x480
>>70388888
>>
>>70385830
The actors. None of the people cast in this one are funny or good actors, this is my main problem, this doesnt look bad because it has women, it looks bad because the players are shite and happen to be women. These people arent funny and they arent good at acting, what was the selection process behind picking them, I mean, have you heard of any of them before this? Aside from whale bait of course but even she isnt that great, same character every script and is doing it again.
>>
>>70388934
>/tv/
>art board
does not compute
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 1024x512
>>70388780
>m-muh sexual prowess
AYY
>>
>>70385683
>first world is so much up it's own ass going to watch a movie is consideres a political act
so this is how it all ends
>>
>>70388967
Too many /pol/ crossposters atm
>>
>>70388934
Art is inherently political. Deal with it friend :)
>>
>>70388947
McCarthy is a good actress. i've seen her in other stuff where she doesn't play THAT character, and she has range.

Too bad Hollywood won't give her anything else to play. Maybe she should go back to tv, but on HBO or something.
>>
>>70389009
I'm sure they'll leave if you keep crying about it lmao
>>
File: whus the deel.jpg (15 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
whus the deel.jpg
15 KB, 400x343
>catch Total Recall remake from TV the other night
>mfw what the fuck is this generic District 9 looking eurabia dystopia shit
>mfw no mars
>mfw no AAAHNOLD NYYEEEAAAHHHH or anything fun like that

Getting called misogynist for disliking it would be the cherry on the top, which is exactly what is going to happen from now on if the movie is starred by women.
>>
>Almost a year ago
>Unironically want to watch it
>Flashforward now
After so many "go watch it or else you're a misogynistic pig that works for the patriarchy", "go watch it or else you're manbaby who lives in the basement of your mother's home", etc, I decided not to go watch it.
>>
>>70389050
At least it had Mistress Biel and Goddess Beckinsale.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (16 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
16 KB, 300x168
>>70388526

>HURR DURR WHY YOU GUISE MAKING IT /pol/LITICAL?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>70388934
MY KID COULDA HAVE HIS CHILDHOOD RUINED
>>
File: attachment.jpg (526 KB, 1797x1080) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
526 KB, 1797x1080
Why do you all care?
>>
>>70388888

Checked
>>
>>70389166
I don't, which is why I'm being called a misogynist. I don't like to be accused of something I'm not.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 707x1083) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 707x1083
>>70389016
And you guys are a bastion of artistic discussion, clearly shows in this thread :)

>>70389039
It's called a containment board for a reason, you guys don't need two
>>
>Watch trailer
>It's literally a shittier version of original Ghostbusters
>Go watch and enjoy that instead

Well I had a fun morning at least. Can't imagine what it's like pretending to be angry about stuff all day.
>>
>>70388686

>Sony marketers getting this desperate

Can't wait for Summer to be over.
>>
>>70389203
No, we need all of them.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (6 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
6 KB, 201x199
>>70388888

Quints of good ideas
>>
>>70389204
No, muh soggy knees!, pay for the movie, Patrick Archie.
>>
>>70388409

>implying it was bad
>listening to /tv/'s shit opinions
>>
>>70389166
We don't. They don't either. Most of the people making a big thing about it won't even go see it. On either side of the "issue."

It's just how social medias work. Gone is the time when social media could make people rally one another irl or do some politically significant thing.

People are just gonna lie about watching GB. Why waste 2 hours when you can read wiki for 30 seconds and post for 2 hours instead?
>>
LAWDY
MERCY
AH
KNOWS
NEW
YORK
>>
>>70389166
Because the memes coming out of this will be amazing.

It's also another reason to shit on SJWs. Those are always welcome.
>>
>>70389230
Cancer.
>>
>>70389384
tough shit cucky
>>
>movie trailer seems to be sexist and racist with unfunny and overused black jokes and gender jokes
>somehow you're sexist, racist, bigot and misogynistic if you don't go to watch it
I don't know anything anymore
>>
>>70385744
>>70388398
This, if SJWs are known for one thing it's for not actively supporting the things they preach.
>>
>>70388020
this would be so much funnier without all the cuck stuff at the bottom
lowers the tone from actual pretty on point satire to 4chan shitflinging
although i guess that's the point
maybe i'm just bored of the cuck meme
>>
>>70389380
>go on SJW sites on tumblr
>they all hate the new GB

I'm guessing the SJW defending the movie are just Sony shills.
>>
>>70385683
The only ones making a big deal about it are the stupid sjw's who try to make everybody sound misogynstic. I litteraly don't see anyone actually complaining about it being a female cast, just saying it looks like shit.
>>
>>70386920
10 million such things according to wikipedia
>>
I can't wait for this to come out and be as shit as all the muh-soggy-knees predicted.
>>
>>70385683
Why does the rest of the world take what people say on 4chan and youtube comments seriously?
>>
>>70389577
Everyone's looking for anecdotal, cherry-picked evidence to support their position. 4chan does it all the time with SJWs
>>
>>70385719
This
>>
>>70389577
Becaue controversy sells and they'r enot smart enough to invent that controversy themselves.
>>
>>70388020
This, feminists can't stop complaining, watch Anita, she complained about no female Link, when Nintendo gave her a female Link she complained about female link being link female. They even complain about each other if they're near enough.
>>
File: image.png (348 KB, 600x562) Image search: [Google]
image.png
348 KB, 600x562
>>70385719
>>
I really hope that it makes less than what Alice did on it's opening weekend.

And I found that movie kinda meh okay. But it shows because it's almost the same demographic they were pandering too.

And those fuckers had the audacity to make Alice wear pants.
>>
>>70388060
You and paranoid fucktards like you are the real reason it became so big.

Woopdy doo, some people on 4chan hate the new ghostbusters on the basis of sexism. Everbody that hates it must be sexist! James Rolfe is sexist!

That's you. Go home to your fucking daughter, Patton.
>>
File: 1449496325604.jpg (55 KB, 951x539) Image search: [Google]
1449496325604.jpg
55 KB, 951x539
>>70389697
She gets paid to say things, if she has nothing to say she doesnt get paid, so she NEEDS to find it wherever it can be found.

I bet behind closed doors shes a loving wife who wears a pretty dress every day and cooks bacon and eggs for a man, not because of some authoritarian duty, but because it makes her feel good to make others happy, and she dress like summer because she feels happy.
>>
>>70389843
This actually reminds me of how Fan4stiq was last year. Only with more HIGH ENERGY.

And honestly, how it's all playing out. We should still expect the same results. It's all those assfaggots typing up all that butt devastation how a good portion of the world feels.

So the best thing we could do is just keep stirring that shit pot and create more meme magic.
>>
>Star Wars reboot
>stars a woman and a black man
>everyone likes it

>Mad Max reboot
>practically stars a woman
>everyone fucking loves it

>Ghostbusters reboot
>looks terrible
>everyone hates it
>suddenly "MUH MYSOGINY"
Studio shills don't even try to hide their invented controversy do they
>>
>>70389697
Her stuff on the UN was the most cringe-inducing this I ever heard, her entitlement was so big it took physical form, complaining about meaningless shit when countries with real problems were there...waiting their turn.
>>
>>70389446
Funny because pol/ is literally cuck: the board
>>
>>70385683
They are the ones who made it political in the first place.
>>
>>70387629
They don't see this as racist, sexist, whatever because the white straight male is the devil and shit. It's pure insanity, and we're on 4chan for god's sake
>>
>>70390058
Have you read it? I have. Theres fucking spelling errors all over it. Seriously, go have a read if you can find it, the stuff it talks about is comical when you consider that it was held up in the UN and not some squatters flat.
>videogames are oppressive. They allow violeeen against women
>[woman getting stoned to death because someone raped her in the background]
>we need to stop internet name calling, its hurtful and only happens to wome
>[man in the background recieves angry message from SJW on twitter calling him a bigotted scumbag and that all men should die because he coughed while Anita was speaking]
No idea why people take insane people so seriously.
>>
>>70390024
I mean.

To be fair.

Everybody did not love that about Star Wars and Mad Max had those qualities.

There is, however, a distinct difference in scale about the freak out.
>>
File: 1464385363355.png (646 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464385363355.png
646 KB, 1920x1080
>>70388242
You and me both, chief.
>>
>>70387629
Nobody wants to be seen defending them. SJWs are the last people who will do this, ironic considering how incredibly sex-negative they are.
>>
File: west.jpg (39 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
west.jpg
39 KB, 200x200
>>70389200
Very nice!
>>
>>70390385
Yes, but it was concentrated in /tv/ /pol/ runoff. A few SJW editorials cherry-picked and invented villains, but for the most part, nobody cared.

For this one, acticles are even attacking AVGN for being a sexist manchild, and his video was the most rational and level-headed response to the movie i've seen.

What it comes down to is studios are shitting themselves because people aren't responding well to something they invested a lot in, so they're trying to gain support by commissioning articles and paying their drones (cough cough Oswald cough) to defend it on social media.

I really hope the movie flops and teaches studios that 1, they can't keep making shitty reboots and shove them down people's throats, and 2, that the world isn't as SJW as /pol/ likes to think.
>>
>>70388060
It's fucking /tv/, we're anons we czn say whatever the fuck we want and on the Internet it's mostly hyperbolic

How many times do you see someone on /tv/ telling someone else they're scum for not liking or liking a movie ?

Nobody here takes these attacks seriously and if not protected by anonymity or an username most of the people who shitpost (or post their real opinion) would most probably fuck off.
>>
>>70388934
/pol/ is a board of peace
>>
>>70385925
/4chan
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.