[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moral Orel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-Moralorel_image.jpg (10 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
250px-Moralorel_image.jpg
10 KB, 250x188
who has watched this?
>>
me to be honest
>>
>>70385274
bretty great. It takes a dark turn. And then another, and another and another, untill it's pitch black.
>>
Fucking incredible.

Alone depressed the shit out of me
>>
Shitty first season and half of second season.

Becomes incredible after Nature.
>>
Hugely underrated. One of the best shows out there depending on your taste
>>
>>70385274
>feelio when Clay never stood a chance at being happy but it doesn't justify his behavior at all
>>
Fantastic. Season 3 is one of the greatest things ever put to film.

It also gets bonus points for introducing me to the Mountain Goats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRP6egIEABk
>>
>>70385381
this.

i could only stomach it with friends
>>
i love morel orel
>>
>>70386193
Check out Andrew Jackson jihad
>>
File: 1458163252049.gif (971 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458163252049.gif
971 KB, 500x500
>That episode where the emotionally damage bully meets his equally emotionally damaged mother and the feeling of happiness as they find out who each other is
>His sister, who fakes her masculine voice on the phone who's loneliness and emptiness I now only understand years later
>The nihilism of the Coach that he attempts to sedate with sex
>The soundtrack that perfectly reflects the backwards lifestyle of a religious community
Yeah, you could say I've seen it before.
>>
>>70387343
>backwards lifestyle of a religious community
No, no. If you think Moral Orel is about condemning religious people or religion, you need to watch it again. Orel, his wife and children are still religious at the end because the evil wasn't the community or religion, but hypocrisy and selfishness in the pursuit of filling emotional gaps everyone had in town.
>>
Fav comedy to be honest
>>
>>70385274
When I started watching it I thought it was just an edgy christain hate cartoon. The jokes were good, characters seemed two dimensional at the start.

Then the Christmas episode hit me far harder than I have ever been hit by a tv show. Slowly as the show took a really dark turn I felt so connected to each character because of there deep rooted flaws and how they were all just doing what they thought was the "right thing to do"

It broke me down and made me look at my life and all the shitty things that people around me had done with a completely new out look on their choices.

The last shot of moral with his well adjusted family who's religion was mixed brought a tear to me eye. Moral though all the shit and hypocrisy was able to make things work. It was the first and only time a shows ending has been perfect (Maybe Breaking Bad too)

Yeah I watched the show
>>
tfw
https://youtu.be/1tV29aD7dFI
>>
>>70385274
Watched a few epsidoes when season 1 came out. Seemed pretty good.
>>
Is this the show that uses that Mountain Goats song in an episode? I think I remember seeing a clip one time while looking up the song "No Children"
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.