[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the bad guys win in this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: avatar.jpg (221 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
221 KB, 800x1200
Why did the bad guys win in this movie?
>>
>>70382091
the jews never lose
>>
>>70382091
I don't like how we're suppose to root against humanity and instead for these weird 10ft tall aliens? team people bitch
#TEAMPEOPLE
>>
Seriously, why the fuck would I root for some retarded blue aliens and a cripple pretending to be one when I could root for the humans and their badass commander?
>>
The movie is boring and overdone and the art design is complete shit.
>>
File: 1464150698536.jpg (168 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1464150698536.jpg
168 KB, 768x1024
Didn't they explicitly say in the beginning of the movie that the military was there to protect against the blue savages that were fucking up the mining operation? They gave them the chance to be civilized, then they gave them the chance to leave, THEN the military blew up the tree and starting killing the blue cat monkeys. Humans tried the easy and soft way, because we're good creatures and are willing to extend a friendly hand to tree niggers even after they killed some men. But oh no, instead those fucking savages rode their sky beasts and kill like 2,000 men, rounded them up in camps, and then they all probably died in space because there's no way those ships could accommodate all those people at once.

I can only hope the sequels are the humans returning and wiping out the tree niggers with a nuclear holocaust. We can mine that rock without an atmosphere, fuck it.
>>
>>70382808
Eywa didn't really think things through, did she?
>shall I sacrifice a a few trees now?
>or let myself and my blue worshipers be annihilated by nuclear bombardment
Also is Eywa the planet? Or is she the trees living on that planet? Can she create a tree so tall even she herself cannot cut it down? Is there a blue monkey Jesus who died for our sins?
>>
>>70383122
dude it's like
a mystic force
that like
brings everyone together
and stuff
>>
>>70382091
>someone sets up camp in your front yard
>starts breaking into your house and stealing all your stuff
>you kill a bunch of them and they leave

WAAAAAAAAAH WHY DID THE BAD GUYS WIN!!!!!!!!
>>
>>70383339
more like
>an intelligent highly advanced civilization comes to your neighborhood
>invites you to join them, or fuck of
>very reasonable offer because we could and should simply wipe you off the face of Pandora
>you're too stupid to even comprehend the idea
>so you start killing them for no reason
>they get sick of your shit and give you one more chance to fuck off
>they blow up your special tree to show you they mean business
>you gather more tree apes and murder most of them
>you then send them off planet to probably die
>>
File: 943300-infection_form_super.jpg (25 KB, 518x377) Image search: [Google]
943300-infection_form_super.jpg
25 KB, 518x377
>>70383122
>>70383254

>massive hivemind superorganism
>connects to the body through tendrils
>takes over other being's nervous systems
>>
>>70383445
>pol tard

just leave people alone
>>
>>70383461
THE FIRE OF THE RING WILL CLEANSE THE UNIVERSE OF THE FLOOD

James Cameron is setting up for a Halo series and we don't even know it. Avatar is just a jumping off point
>>
>>70383489
>"leave people alone" says the leftist
if you kill your enemy, they win... amiright??
>>
>>70383445
Ah, good point. Let me revise my version.

>People knock on your door
>"Yes?"
>"Hey we're gonna live in your yard and start taking your stuff. If you want you can have some of your own stuff too. If not though we can totally burn your house down and take it anyway. You cool?"
>"No. Please leave."
>"............"
>They continue to loot.
>You tell them to fuck off.
>"Nope lol umad tho?"
>You shoot a few warning shots
>They bust out several of your windows and starting setting your house on fire
>you kill several of them and they finally leave

Better?
>>
its a hamfisted analogy for evil whites destroying noble black peoples environments so of course James Cuckeron made them win.
>>
File: avatar-a888837d3dd1345d5a7645.png (513 KB, 561x442) Image search: [Google]
avatar-a888837d3dd1345d5a7645.png
513 KB, 561x442
The military posture in Avatar was stupid. They were geared up like they were about to meet a technologically advanced alien army. Instead they just have to deal with tall blue cat people with sticks.

A slightly memorable line was when EvilBusinessMan says "we're on the brink of war!"

War with who? The humans could have wiped out every single Na'vi in about 3-minutes flat and problem solved. It was never really explained why they put so much effort into not killing them all off and instead spending a fortune on being defensive against them.
>>
>>70382604
You have to go back.
>>
>>70383652
Yes it was explained you mongoloid
>>
>>70383547
They weren't fucking with the apes until they started destroying mining operations. This is literally what the movie stated. In the movie it's also established that the separate tribes have their own territory. "loot" that's so fucking retarded. This might be hard to comprehend, but those tribes fought for territory, like people have always done. White people didn't invent the concept of conquering lands.
>>
>>70383694
>Yes it was explained you mongoloid

Care you elaborate? I genuinely must've missed it.
>>
>>70383519
Avatar would be a less stupid origin for the Flood than what we have now.

And yes, that includes the part where they fuck with their hair-wires.
>>
>it's a HFY meme episode
>>
>>70383764
"Killing ayys means bad press"
You have to be a redditor retarded by blind hivemind rage against Jim not to remember that bit. What corporation undertaking the most expensive publicly watched interstellar mining operation in human history would institute a policy of genocide? None. That's why Quaritch instigated them.
>>
>>70383805
They only link them during sex, they don't fuck with them.
>>
>>70383805
In one of those shitty animated movies they said the flood just appeared one day and started fucking up the Forerunner universe.

>>70383865
That excuse doesn't really make sense. How would that information even get back to Earth and why would it matter? If I remember correctly the operation was a private corporation and those were military contractors backed by the Earths military.
>>
>>70383445

/pol/tards ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>70383717

What has this got to do with white people you raging autist?

But please go on about how you're always being opressed, and how the big bad Jewish Boogeymen are out to get you or how other races are so inferior to yours.
>>
>>70384046

*is out
>>
>>70384046
>calling other people "autist" while not understanding the whole message of the movie
of course
>>
the way I remember of this movie
there was this tree things that contains their dead relatives consciousness
humans cant get their energy source without destroying the tree and natives like their dead relatives
and that was the only big issue that they had
>>
I think a lot of people here misunderstand avatar and it's understandable if you didnt see the extended cut.
In fact it's a commentary on the situation of the white people. it says "earth is dying" or something along the line and what a surprise look at that diversity. White people now fly 5 years in stasis to another planet to keep earth alive (how many niggers did you see on pandora?). As many people pointed out they were reasonable as long as they could but were ultimately betrayed by one of their own (typical green voter and cuck). this is kino about what the white race is facing right now.
>>
>>70384152
How was the magic rock keeping the Earth alive?

This whole premise is stupid because i'm sure we would figure out how to manipulate the atmosphere before we are mining other planets. Hell we already have ways of fucking with the weather, and almost no real plans to visit other solar systems.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 960x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 960x530
>>70383546

>leftist

Yes, I'm quite sure we're all very impressed about how you bring politics into everything and derail the thread with your fanaticism and bash your ideological rhetoric over everyone's head. We're all so proud of you shaming and name calling those who don't agree with you with certain buzzwords to silence opposition.

You don't remind us of any fanatics that get triggered easily over everything.

OH WAIT! MY MISTAKE!
>>
>>70384152

>dude colonialism and racism is good lmao
>they were good Boys, they dindu nuffin.

Hey look lads, a retard!
>>
>>70384311
Earth's entire economy depended on the magic rock. All the energy and all the technology.
>>
>>70384406
Exactly what is wrong with colonialism, faggot?
>"how dare you conquer lands and instead of killing the weaker people you invite them to join your empire!"
>>
>>70384152
Why is everyone but Jake Sully wearing masks? Are they in Beijing or something?
>>
>>70382200
its not like all humanity wants to kill these aliens
if you think about it
it is probably a jew company who hired mercenaries trying to fuck someone else planet by extracting its minerals
>>
>>70384579

He's in a wheelchair, the sooner he dies, the better.
>>
>>70384524

>lol, let's go and enslave, rape, disregard other cultures, conduct mass genocide
>yeah lets discriminate against the people who actually joined us and helped overcome our enemies hurr durr, fucking subhumans git gud.
>yeah dude, let's build and move these people off their land, gotta have our own resources to pay debt and get rich
>dude the way we treat the indigenous people and enslave them will have NO RAMMIFICATIONS within the future, they won't build a large resentment for us and call for mass genocide and killings of our race. Nah they'll just be good little pets who won't do nuffin, cuz we good boys!

I dunno m8, you tell me.

Oh wait. You won't. Because you'd sound like an absolute retard.

Back to stormfront with you.
>>
I just thought it was a visually impressive movie with a rich soundscape. Turns out its an allegory for political bullshit, yet again. Just like every movie.

Thanks for the infection, /pol/.
>>
>>70382091
It's a conspiracy to promote furries to the mainstream.
>>
>>70382091

Oh hey look, it's /pol/ trying to ruin more movies with their alt-right fanaticism!

Stick with angry birds, faggot.
>>
>>70384444
That's the narrative the movie used? Holy shit. So we're meant to let ourselves die in favor of stupid blue monkey people... for... some reason? Just let humanity die because those people acted like savages? This movie is so stupid it hurts

>>70384657
>this is what you actually believe
The British empire colonized most of the world and everywhere they went advancement and prosperity surged. Yet you're gonna act like those people were somehow victims. Every other empire DID kill off and enslave people. Post-enlightenment Europe was a fucking godsend to the world and you're ignorant if you think otherwise.
>>
>>70384799

Yeah because people just completely stopped being racist within those eras.

I'm not disputing the fact that things are far better now, and there have been benefits, but the foundations of our freedom and equal treatment and opportunity are built on the deaths and discrimination of others.

Luckily, everyone has equal footing nowadays, and there even minorities who have aspects of privilege to us.

But is colonialism good? Nope.

You want another movie with an example of a "race traitor" protecting the weak from a powerful and advanced civilisation?

Watch Man of Steel.
>>
>>70382808
>a robber breaks into your house and demands you give him your stuff
>you tell him to fuck off
>he shoots you and takes your shit

lol he gave you chance to be civilized, but you just didn't listen you retarded monkey, he's obviously in the right
>>
>>70384607
>it is probably a jew company
I like to pretend it was weyland yutani.
>>
>>70384916
You realize that "equality" and "fairness" are modern European concepts, right? Slavery still exists in the east, in Africa, and Eastern people's are the most racist people on the planet right now.

>"privilege"
>implying Zod was there for anything other than planetary destruction or that he was a "colonist"
wew
>>
>>70384694
It doesn't work very well then since nothing I can think of has fur in the movie.
>>
File: quartritch.jpg (90 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
quartritch.jpg
90 KB, 1024x576
>>70382091

>bad guys

found the nu male
>>
>>70385127

>b-but X does this, so Y isn't that bad

Trust a fanatic to try and derail the argument.

Racism is racism. Wether it's against a minority or a majority.

And let's not forget that our European morality and laws were based off a Jew and spread across various middle easterners, democracy was made by Greeks, and the civil rights movement for equal treatment of all races was headlined by a black Christian man.

Don't try and force your historical revisionism on me faggot.

Oh and
>the foundations of our new krypton must involve the extinction of the human race

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iG-fSjtlgt4

His goal was to create a new Krypton. He was a colonist.
>>
>>70385231

I should also mention that those "Christian values" we're also forced unto others, and priests used its tenants to brain wash a population into submission.

Luckily, like Christ, there was reform.

And those value spread out to more than just middle easterners, they were eventually adopted by Europeans who culturally appropriated to advance their civilisations, much like the Romans.
>>
>>70384670
James Cameron is super redpilled though, he just cares about the environment.
>>
>>70385231
>>70385276
What the fuck are you talking about?
You're setting an impossible goal post and then acting like the ball closest to it are equal to the balls farthest from it. All so you can say that the Europeans are bad without having to acknowledge that the rest of the world sucks by any measure.

>"historical revisionism"
This is relating to what exactly?

If you actually think complete extermination has anything to do with colonialism, you're retarded. You can't colonize something that doesn't exist. The whole idea behind colonialism is exploitation. If there's nothing to exploit and you have to get rid of EVERYTHING and change the entire environment, that's literally not colonialism.
>>
>>70382091
They didn't
humans would come back with an actual army and just nuke that entire forest from orbit
>>
File: libertanian.jpg (15 KB, 260x200) Image search: [Google]
libertanian.jpg
15 KB, 260x200
>>70385446

oh say can you see
>>
>>70384406
I seriously hope you aren't American.
>>
>>70384799
>So we're meant to let ourselves die in favor of stupid blue monkey people... for... some reason?
Well at this point humans are pretty much those xenos that act like locusts on independence day, fucked up their entire world and now go after other worlds, stripping them of their resources.
>>
>>70383489
>>70383991
/pol/ is a board of peace, now please go
>>
There's no good or bad sides in this case.

The logical thing is just to exterminate an alien species and take their resources before they have the opportunity to the same to your own species.

The only wrong the humans did was to go to the fight very badly prepared, especially when their technology was vastly more advanced.

Probably their next invasion will be a lot more successful.
>>
>>70387535
Nuke the entire site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.