[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Capeshit General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: .jpg (169 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
169 KB, 1280x720
Midnight's Edge edition

Christ this guy's an idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF5DhLDUQb0

>Iron Man, MCU's introduction, showed that Marvel Studios started out as an underdog competitor
140 million dollar budget. 10 million more than Watchmen (2009) and only 60 million less than Green Lantern 2011, underdog. And Green Lantern (released 3 years later when blockbuster budgets were already inflating) is a mainline DC hero while Iron Man was one of Marvel's smaller products at the time.

>Critics have no influence over word of mouth, claims Transformers movies get great word-of-mouth reviews and this is an example of fans ignoring or disagreeing with critics
This guy obviously has doesn't have friends but hey, that's fine. The least he could do is check online forums though. Literally no one says Transformers movies are good, they just accept it as mindless shit and go see it anyway because that's what they want.

>Claims that Marvel wants DC to perform well, because if it's two people making the movies it will slow down audience fatigue and growing distaste towards capeshit

that's retarded. I hear people talk about X-men Apocalypse and Deadpool as if they're MCU movies. People lump capeshit in with each other with the exception of Nolan's Batman movies. If DCCU gets properly started the number of capeshit flicks will double, halving the lifespan of this new capeshit trend that Marvel and Disney are cashing in on.
Anyway, just watching pic related now and I'll do another follow-up or two. I know few people enjoy more in-depth discussion on here but I think BvS has termporarily revived some interest in it. Everything this guy says if complete horseshit. It reminds me of those people obsessed with talking about how great the free market is without knowing anything other than basic supply and demand principles. Same arrogant idiocy.
>>
File: Selection_036.png (250 KB, 599x142) Image search: [Google]
Selection_036.png
250 KB, 599x142
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdfm0cTl10A

>test audience didn't respond, provides pic of article pic that doesn't describe this at all
http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/batman-v-superman-could-dcs-entire-slate-be-in-jeopardy-fandemonium
yeah they don't even mention screenings to test audiences. Fuck this guy.

Also this McWeeny guy is kinda strange. He makes predictions without explaining his reasoning at all, like that while BvS will fail completely Suicide Squad will be a big hit and that Zack Snyder won't direct Justice League. I'm becoming more and more convinced there's an agenda here, this is the same shit they're trying to push post-BvS but even before people saw it. Might not necessarily be anti-DC but people really fucking hate Snyder.

>Snyder's Fall From Grace
>THIS is his fall from grace. I mean, people have been complaining about Snyder even before its release, but TRUST ME before this we were fair to Snyder I swear it!

>shows pic related
>literally says "he also want to see Batman get sodomised in prison"
Can he fucking read? Snyder's just saying that Nolan's films don't really enter any dark territory and that his films could have prison rape in them, that's how far he could go. He doesn't say he's a good idea, he's essentially differentiating between the two levels of creative freedom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixfiDGhSlk
So he's anti-Ghostbusters but loves Marvel movies. Yep, this guy's reddit.
>>
Come on lads let's get some serious discussion going
>>
>>70379271
Forgot to mention the most important part of the first video here. "Spin-free news and analysis" to "why isn't Syder fired yet?!", fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: disgust - lie to me.jpg (17 KB, 454x292) Image search: [Google]
disgust - lie to me.jpg
17 KB, 454x292
>>70378699
>pathetic grade article
>>
>>70379317
no one cares about your general, people actually enjoy and prefer making a new thread for each and every thought that comes to their mind.
>>
>>70378699
I'm with you OP. I don't frequent many comics sites, but I did earlier this morning to read a scan of the Suicide Squad prequel comic. All the clickbait articles that loaded were each in their own way throwing negative spin on the DCEU. The only headline that could even possibly be construed as negative about Disney's product was just clickbaitingly titled "Could Dr. Strange sink the MCU?"
>>
>>70378699
i do think there's bad faith and unwarranted complaints

but if you're going to go down this rabbit hole, make solid connections

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases
>>
>>70380842
Not OP, but it's funny you should bring up cognitive bias, as I think it plays a role in the reception being received of late by most non-MCU films. Deadpool is the exception that sort of proves the rule by actually being more MCU than the MCU. Granted, it's not family-friendly, but it borrows everything that works in the Disney treatment and dials it up to 11.
>>
>>70380934
well yeah, despite claims to the contrary these movies function more as hangouts where we're exposed to personalities that feel focus tested

as the guy from fox said, fans don't really care about anything other than tone which basically means bribing the audience with familiar moments of enjoyment
people say these movies are good because they have certain emotional taste that is in part affected by placebo, and mostly everything after avengers has been more of seinfeld episodes except of course places where forward moving points are checked off.
civil war to me felt like bummer since i'm really into the ultimate universe black ops/government/media/culture aspects. i'm trailing off here but yes, there's a formula at work here
>>
File: gordon.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gordon.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>70379271
>He also wants to see Batman sodomized in Prison... By Who?... By the Joker?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.