[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does he make so many references to God? He essentially wants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 660x330
Why does he make so many references to God? He essentially wants to become God or 'evolve,' and create his own world, right? Maybe he represents an antichrist figure? Idk all the Biblical references just stuck out to me, there's quite a lot
>>
>>70375986
He was being delusional, principally because he knew he looked and acted like the things he despised the most.
>>
>>70375986
Because one of the first people he ever saw in life was Thor, who is a god. And he's obviously superior to Thor, and therefore a God with a capital G.
>>
Why? Because he wanted to be the instrument of god; To be god. Not the instrument of man.

Short version: He hated his dad and resented him for creating him.
>>
>>70376121
>because he knew he looked and acted like the things he despised the most.
In comics this made sense because he is Hank Pym conciousness/personality transfered to a robot. In AoU despite Stark "created", all his personality basically comes from mind gem, because it was like a "living computer".
>>
because a agalxy far far away is actuallly hell
>>
X-men Apocalypse is actually a retelling of the Book of Revelations, even down to the order of the horsemen.

First horseman: White horse, Storm, gains white hair, "voice of thunder" (quote from revelations)

Second horseman: Red Horse, Psylocke.

Third horseman: Black horse, Angel, black wings.

Fourth horseman: Pale horse, death, Magneto, whose family dies in front of him, is constantly surrounded by death, etc.
>>
>>70376201
>Short version: He hated his dad and resented him for creating him.
That's literally the Fall of Lucifer.
>>
File: mad_chink.jpg (14 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
mad_chink.jpg
14 KB, 313x313
>>70376249
I loved Apoc, but plz don't come to start this "poetry and kino and simbology" shit, we are not like DC or BvS.
>>
>>70376274
Yeah, it was pretty lazy... and yet at the same time, it played really well.
>>
I'm not sure if this is bait, but I'll still bite regardless.

Christianity's influences are the foundation of the Western world. Naturally, that means we are obsessed with creation, both of ourselves, and for what comes next. Humans are always searching for their identity, and some of the answers they come to involve being a creation of God. And fiction about robots who are like us will naturally emulate this phenomenon.
>>
>>70375986
The ironic thing is, he literally said "oh for god's sake" when Hulk savaged him.
>>
File: 1446434248596.png (395 KB, 453x416) Image search: [Google]
1446434248596.png
395 KB, 453x416
>Hates his dad
>Tips fedora constantly
>No friends
>It's a robot
>Has autism bursts
>Can't control his rage
>>
>>70376318
What are you on about? It was very blatant what they were going for, and did it with even less subtlety or thought than DC.
>>
>>70376555
So Ultron = /r9k/

Who is /tv/? I was thinking someone like Coulson, because all Evanposting and waifu faggotry.
>>
>>70375986
I loved that about him, I love his speech when the city lifts to the air, but they ruin it by then making him funny.
>>
>>70376274
POTERY
>>
>>70376431
Cuckonoisseur
>>
>>70376601
No, Coulson was cool.
>>
File: nigger.png (117 KB, 241x276) Image search: [Google]
nigger.png
117 KB, 241x276
>>70376656
He actually had very good speeches ruined by quips.

>Upon this Rock I will build my church.... but don't compared to my daddy Stark!!!!!!!!!
>You're unbelievavble naive!........ "I was born yesterday LOL"
>THIS is the best I can do. This is what I've been waiting for. All of you against all of me! How do plan to stop me? ..... "Like the old man said... Together"
>Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war, invaders create avengers....... People create... smaller people? Uhh... kids? children?!

I don't remember the omelette one, but probably it was a good one too, but ruined by an omelette joke.
>>
>>70376201
Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou?
>>
>>70376840
Marvel can't have a serious or threatening situation in their movies to save their lives, imagine the horrors of their preteen demographic having to watch ten minutes of footage without quips or starwars references.

>Hey Tony, you know what the last thing going through your father's head before he died? My metal arm, lol.

Seriously, Marvel? Fuck.
>>
>>70376318
That's like the most obvious and simple reference to Revelation. It's not some convoluted thing, dude western storytelling uses a lot of biblical shit.
>>
>>70375986
You, anon just hafta read the material. I don't think you can even google it unless you can super summarize analysis on the comic.
>>
>>70377006
>imagine the horrors of their preteen demographic having to watch ten minutes of footage without quips or starwars references
This famalam. I took my sister to watch CW and she closed her eyes during the final fight.
>>
>>70377006
>Hey Tony, you know what the last thing going through your father's head before he died? My metal arm, lol.
The fuck are you talking?
>>
I literally cannot remember anything about Age of Ultron. Is it worth going back to at all?
>>
>>70377136
Absolutely not.
>>
He was born out of Tony Starks God complex, the way in which Tony saw himself as responsible for all of humanity due to the power that he possessed in the world.
>>
>>70377136
Honestly I felt like it has better "rewatch value" than the 1st Avengers.
>>
>When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it.

He is grounded enough to see that he is not a god.
>>
>>70375986

It's Whedon's atheism crowding into the picture. He really can't seem to help himself. For example, the whole "Puny god" scene. While the audience is laughing along, Whedon is coaxing them to embrace his own euphoric fantasy.
>>
File: 1428179166075.jpg (259 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1428179166075.jpg
259 KB, 900x675
>>70377136
There's two nice reasons to rewatch it.
>>
File: sR0lfPI.jpg (152 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
sR0lfPI.jpg
152 KB, 1252x1252
>Why does he make so many references to God?
I think picrelated would be the answer, but anyway...
I think Ultron was inspired and wanted to make his own "Great flood" in order to restore the world back to his pre-creation state and used Wanda and Pietro as his own Adam and Eve.
>>
>>70377232
Not a god, 'yet.'
>>
>>70376840
>Captain America - God's righteous man… Trying to pretend you can live without a war.
>>
>>70375986
He's not a deep enough character to be an antichrist. His daddy issue shit wasn't even adequately developed. He is essentially just an evil robot overlord. God damn did they fuck him up.
>>
>>70377136
I rewatched it before CW. The answer is no.

All it will do is remind you that Ultron, a super-intelligent AI who spends a great deal of time as *part* of the Internet, had no interest in SHIELD's and Hydra's encrypted files and could have had the Avengers at each others' throats long before Zemo ever tried, and that Cap comes off as a massive hypocrite crawling Tony's ass for keeping secrets and making unilateral decisions.
>>
File: hqdefault-320x200[1].jpg (17 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-320x200[1].jpg
17 KB, 320x200
What was the point of this character besides tits?
>>
>>70377465
He was Tony Starks daddy issue personified.
>>
>>70376840
Man you know what a really deep quote? In spy kids when the scientist is scared from his monsters
>do you think thats why God stays in heaven, because he is afraid of what he created....
>>
>>70377965
A little eye candy doesn't hurt.
>>
>>70377965
Tits to remind you of the existence, then when tits shows up again with the missing kid thing, you're not thinking that it's a poorly-written way to set up danger. That's the intention.
>>
File: slavfu.webm (3 MB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
slavfu.webm
3 MB, 1280x532
>>70377965
webms
>>
>>70377965
Proof that the casting couch is a thing.
>>
In the aftermath of AoU, there is absolutely no excuse for Stark not being in jail, locked away from computers, for the rest of his natural life. He was fucking around with strong AI without taking any precautionary measures of any kind - no closed system, no Farraday cage, not shit.

You know what would happen to someone who "accidentally" unleashed a computer virus that crashed the power grid or the banking system? Well imagine if their virus grew legs and tried to pull an earth shot with a whole city full of people.

There's no reason that Stark would need to volunteer to have himself "put in check." Going vigilante in a walking tank is peanuts compared to the shit he pulled in AoU.
>>
File: 1464718967345.jpg (50 KB, 502x370) Image search: [Google]
1464718967345.jpg
50 KB, 502x370
its a built in fatal flaw. self degrade loop.
>>
>>70376249
no, officially storm is pestilence

magneto is war (he's wearing all red jesus)

psylocke is famine

angel is death
>>
>>70375986
I have no idea what this guy's motivation was

Something something humans evolving, something something extinction event
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.