[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could 2000 AD Cinematic Universe be awesome?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Greg3.jpg (120 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
Greg3.jpg
120 KB, 717x960
Well, could it?
>>
>>70372872
i dunno but i couldn't find working torrents for both dredd movies today wtf internet
>>
File: Rogue_Trooper-01_s.w500.jpg (126 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Rogue_Trooper-01_s.w500.jpg
126 KB, 500x300
>>70373100
Hated the first one, loved the second one, even though it was basically The Raid.

I've wanted a Rogue Trooper movie since I was a kid. The thing is, it would be really expensive to do properly and the market just isn't there.

The only way a brand like that could be made into a top notch film is as part of a wider cinematic universe.

So I'm all for it.
>>
>>70373935

That dude is badass.
>>
>>70372872
I have often dreamed of such a thing.
>>
File: 1456634196471.jpg (32 KB, 388x496) Image search: [Google]
1456634196471.jpg
32 KB, 388x496
>>70373935
>Hated the first one, loved the second one, even though it was basically The Raid.
>it was basically The Raid
when will this meme end? The screenplay for Dredd had been around for years before The Raid was even in pre-production, and they're both based on the Die Hard concept anyway
>>
>you'll never see the four dark judges on screen
>there'll never be a Shakara movie
>nobody will get to make a Firekind movie because Avatar ripped it off big time
>>
>>70372872

If they tried to sell it only in bongland it would work but trying to sell a universe that is lampooning america to america will never work.
>>
>>70374423
>but trying to sell a universe that is lampooning america to america will never work.

What is Robocop? Fucking moron.
>>
>>70372872
An HBO/Netflix series might be good. Movies would inevitably be PG-13 trash. No one wants to gamble on an R-rated blockbuster anymore, Deadpool aside
>>
>>70372872
Yes, but it would be too mature for the general normie audience. They wouldn't get mature themes like this without quipedy quip quip.
>>
>>70374517

Same way he tried to satirize fascism and failed completely to point that starship troopers made people want to join the military?

He thinks his messaging is clear every time and bungles the delivery.
>>
>>70374517

There is also a difference with self deprecation and someone else trying to do it, foreigners don't have it so easy trying.
>>
>>70374594

so you're going to just pretend Robocop wasn't an extremely successful blockbuster movie and somehow try to hide behind Starship Troopers?

That's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>70374633
>There is also a difference with self deprecation and someone else trying to do it, foreigners don't have it so easy trying.

>Paul Verhoeven
>American

there is an insane amount of retardation going on in this thread.
>>
>>70374686

Are you trying to tell me he didn't make starship troopers and failed completely?

Are you telling me using one example of his work is valid while the other is not? Even in court you can test veracity of a witness in terms of credibility and I just pointed out a huge hole. They're reviews of this work that wonder if he is for or against fascism. It stands to reason as a foreigner that he did not understand U.S very well.

You're also hoping that a movie about a cyborg and people taking it as a dumb action movie is somehow different in terms of a very similar case.

I.E Dredd 95 versus Dredd 2012, while both having middling results, the first was seen as more successful and basically ignored everything about satirising to point of keeping the helmet off of stallone.
>>
>>70372872
>2017: Dredd II: the Cursed Earth
>2018: ABC Warriors
>2019: Slaine
>2020: Dredd III: Apocalypse War
>2021: the Ballad of Halo Jones
>2022: Flesh Part I
>2023: Nemesis II: the Gothik Empire
>2024: Flesh Part II: Rise of Satanus

btw: anyone who suggests shit like Strontium Dog or Rogue Trooper should get films should be euthanized.

yes, they're sitting on a fucking gold mine. or should I say a diamond mine full of gold mines.

nothing will come of it, however, as the UK has far too few Jews
>>
>>70374713

I think you need help with reading comprehension, I made an example using self deprecation in terms of someone in U.S making a product that satirizes or lampoons an aspect of our society versus a foreigner, I never insinuated that paul was american.
>>
>>70372872
>grimdark as fuck
>British humor and gallows humor
>wanting 2000AD to be remade in Hollywood's image
No.
>>
>>70374871

>Are you trying to tell me he didn't make starship troopers and failed completely?

No one was talking about Starship Troopers, you stupid nigger, stop changing the argument
>>
>>70372872
My comics say yes also based Karl urban
>>
>>70374594
Verhoeven has a great track record
>>
>>70374713
Are you okay anon?
>>
>>70372872
>a 2000 AD cinematic universe
so, it would be dredd, dredd 2 and dredd 3? what else exist in there? ive only read a handful of the comics, are there other comic books that take place in that universe?
>>
>>70374871
Call me when we are talking about verhoeven making a dress movie you topic changing motherfucker
>>
>>70374874
>the UK has far too few Jews

You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>70376176
There are many other characters worthy of standalone movies, but most of the things other anons are mentioning in this thread aren't in the same universe, like Rogue Trooper and Johnny Alpha/Strontium Dog.
>>
>>70374322
How dare he not have followed the scripts and only watched the actual movie.
>>
File: shok2.gif (355 KB, 650x914) Image search: [Google]
shok2.gif
355 KB, 650x914
you'd include Hardware in that list?
>>
>>70377000
more like, how retarded do you have to be not to realize that they're both based on Die Hard, possibly the most popular and well-known action film ever made
>>
>>70373935
Rogue Trooper vs Judge Dredd

Who wins?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.