[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we all agree that the first half was rushed, poorly written,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
can we all agree that the first half was rushed, poorly written, and had bad cgi
but the second half was damned good?
>>
the whole movie is poorly written and feels like a bunch of unrelated scenes stitched together with forced characters. example: wtf is the point of phasma is ren and hux exist? she doesnt do anything and she gets caught by 70 year old han and and pistol holding sanitation guy. her armor is supposed to be impenetrable - why is she scared of a little pistol? and why was she walking alone with no protection?
>>
>Following Rey around in the desert.
>Bad
>>
>>70373258
the cinematography stunk and the camera angle changed every 4 seconds to deal with Rey's inability to speak more than one line at a time. the only reason the second half of the movie is so good is due to her not saying a word
>>
-lor san tekka - useless character

-map to skywalker -why does it exist, and why was it in 2 pieces.

-why didnt kylo stop chewies blaster bolt too.

-why didnt kylo kill the traitor finn when he had the chance

-why was rey able to fly the millenium falcon so well, and why did han run into it the second it goes into space
>>
>>70372847
Nope. It was all slippery wet dog poop.
>>
>>70373306
>-lor san tekka - useless character
agreed, she did nothing and merely provided the location for a battle

>-map to skywalker -why does it exist, and why was it in 2 pieces.
mapping space is moronic
planets MOVE

>-why didnt kylo stop chewies blaster bolt too.
to be fair, he didn't see it coming

>-why didnt kylo kill the traitor finn when he had the chance
he sliced him open like a fish

>-why was rey able to fly the millenium falcon so well
bad writing. she should have been squating in the MF instead of the ship she lived in in the movie

>and why did han run into it the second it goes into space

more bad writing
the thing that prompted her to leave should have been han coming to collect the ship
>>
>>70372847
I don't understand how he could leave the First Order because all of the deaths and killing, then go ahead join the rebellion to kill all the stormtroopers. Also Leia sounds like absolute shit. WHY HUG REY FIRST AFTER HANS DEATH?!?!?!?
>>
>>70373444
"to be fair, he didn't see it coming"
when kylo stopped poe's blaster bolt, he was look the opposite direction. you make no sense. all the marketing material and trailers shows kylo doing the 180 spin to stop the bolt.

-"he sliced him open like a fish"
the deleted scene, a nurse says finn will be fine hes ok. he wasnt even critically or seriously injured. he just got a little scratched. he wont even need cybernetics like 90% of star wars characters that go into battle.
>>
>>70372847
first and third act were good

the middle act of the movie was awful
>>
what the fuck was the point of rey's stick? she uses it in 1 stupid scene to fend off level 1 NPCs and never uses it again, yet every single piece of adverising and every toy has that stupid stick
>>
>>70373557
my biggest problem is you don't see chewie go ape shit
he should have ripped apart those shoggoths,
tore storm troopers in half after hans death,
and tore the EXTRAdeath star apart with his wookie hands
>>
The blaster bolt stop was cool. Everything else was overhyped crap to me.
>>
>>70373584
we're not in the 1940's anymore. movies dont come in acts. theres like 35 different scenes that are stitched together.
>>
>>70372847
the exact opposite. It's bad when all I feel is apathy during the trench run homage in the Death Star 3.0.
>>
The only good scenes were with Fey
>>
>>70373615
its her butthole flute
>>
>>70373643

shhh! You are triggering schizo's with your use of "stitched"
>>
File: 0000.jpg (58 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
0000.jpg
58 KB, 600x316
someone explain the point of all these stormtroopers - theyre never used in battle. a small squadron of troopers fought the resistance in the battle at maz's castle but they quickly got outnumbered by the resistance. then you never see the troopers ever again except when heiling hitler to hux.
>>
>>70373737
to make the movie appealing in the trailer. you will think theres this huge WAR in star WARS but in reality theres only a few little battles and a lame lightsaber fight with no martial arts.
>>
>>70373796

They also pretended like Luke was going to be a major character.

And lets face it, Luke IS star wars
>>
>>70372847
I don't agree with plebs.
>>
nah, but the cgi fest that was all of the air combat scenes was pretty vomit inducing. that was very much like the prequels. the rest was enjoyable.

>>70373885

i still remember when the leaks were saying that luke was only in it at the end and didn't have any lines, etc. and people were like "no fucking way abrams does that to us" and discounted those leaks and then bam, it happened. pretty lulz.
>>
>>70373240
>she doesnt do anything
the death star was literally only destroyed because she was a coward
>>
>>70373240
And why did she lower the shields?

Fuck this movie had some really stupid parts
>>
>>70373306
Map to skywalker is Disney's decision of copying the KOTOR game's starmaps and Kylo looks exactly like Revan
>>
>>70373557
The funny thing is that JJ stated how much he done goofed up when he should have had Leia hug Chewy...

KEK what a stupid idiot director. He left Chewy to be standing in the background with cheering rebels doing nothing... fuck
>>
File: images (9).jpg (29 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
29 KB, 313x470
>>70372847
We all know you miss me
>>
>>70372847

Luke Skywalker

>I'm going into hiding because one of my pupils went evil
>but I'm not going to hide completely
>I'll make a map of where I'm located, and then split it in two pieces so it will be a scavenger hunt to find me
>nevermind the fact that I have no idea if the person who finds the map is evil or not

Disney can never make anything better than children's movies
>>
>>70374066

Idk man, going by that pic George himself could have played Indiana Jones and done a better job than Harry
>>
>>70373240
>wtf is the point of phasma is ren and hux exist?
CP is for overseeing the Stormtroopers. Hux takes orders from Snoke and is overseeing Starkiller, he doesnt have time to deal with ST issues, and Kylo is trying to find Luke and doesnt not have time or interest in babysitting ST squads. He needs Phasma to make sure there are ST to back him up on assaults or anything he needs

>her armor is supposed to be impenetrable

This is never said anywhere, stop making bullshit up

>why was she walking alone with no protection?

Because she is a fucking badass, she just has not been seen in action yet.
>>
Whey couldn't they change Rey into a character that wants to leave Jakku she could of been working years to purchase the Millennium Falcon, Unkar Platt could've been a secret member of the rebellion who hid the Falcon as a request to Han. Poe comes in tries to take Falcon, there's drama between the Rey and Poe, Poe reluctantly takes her off Jakku and then begin the adventures of Rey and Poe, they throw some romance hints here and there, and there would be no reason to have Finn in the story.
>>
All this movie did for me was convince me not to see anymore Star Wars, even if I did like Boyega everything else was so bland you could tell Disney was purposefully trying to make the movie as uncontroversial and nostalgia-baiting as possible.
>>
>>70373953
also to prove my point, i found this article from some shit website citing other star wars sites from may of 2015 with the whole movie pretty much exactly as released except the lightsaber changed into the map piece. pretty lulz that a lot of people didn't believe this would be the movie: http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/62804/20150528/star-wars-episode-7-spoilers-major-force-awakens-script-leaks-reveal-full-plot-and-character-details.htm
>>
>>70374022
>KEK what a stupid idiot director.

He made 2 billion dollars with TFA.

I would be amazed if you made 200 dollars in your life.
>>
>>70374129

Are you me?

I felt like Boyega was the only good thing in the movie. Everyone and everything else was just pandering or unoriginal or just flat out boring.

If I do watch Rogue One, it sure as fuck won't be in theaters and I won't be bothered to even pirate a rip of it. Straight streaming, idgaf
>>
>>70373629
THIS
Chewie should have gone completely berserk to the point of self destruction.
>>
>>70374173

IDF pls
>>
>>70374128
Well for starters Rey is barely 19 and Poe is 34. He's old enough to be her dad.
>>
>>70372847
I thought the first half was great and exciting but the second half was poorly written and retarded.
>>
>>70374235
>implying Rey doesn't have daddy issues
>>
>>70372847
This screencap looks better than anything in the prequel trilogy
>>
Rey is a bad character

People who disagree are blinded by just wanting a good star wars movie, and can't accept that there was a glaring flaw in a movie that was just rehashed from a much better movie
>>
>>70374129
>All this movie did for me was convince me not to see anymore Star Wars

Yea, right

You are going to see every SW and capeshit movie that comes out, virgin, then run home, turn on your computer and complain about it on the internet for 15 hours.
>>
>>70374173
it doesnt go in his pocket, it goes to disney and its shareholders pockets. (Buy DIS)

the director is given a contract with fixed payment.
>>
Star Wars is a bad series.
>>
>>70372847
Those T E E T H
>>
>>70374136
holy crap, the map is replaced by the lightsaber in that leak. if you think about it, theres a line that kylo says to finn when they battle "that lightsaber, it belongs to me" JJ was too lazy to reshoot or remove that line.

why did kylo care about the lightsaber so much in that scene? it makes no sense
>>
File: unamused sheev.jpg (36 KB, 510x470) Image search: [Google]
unamused sheev.jpg
36 KB, 510x470
>>70374205
Yeah I'm you, and the main thing I was hoping for was the universe being expanded to new and exciting places I hadn't seen before. Instead of that they just made Not-Tattooine and Not-Yavin 4, then recycled the Deathstar plot for a third time.

Rey was the typical boring 'female action hero' only a little more naive and Poe felt more like one of Captain America's friends. I liked Finn because even if he was an incompetent fuck-up janitor at least I hadn't seen that before in a big budget action movie.

>>70374299
Fuck you found me out, time to masturbate to shitty capeshit like the rest of this reddit infested board.
>>
>>70374084
Also
it wasn't a map leading to him
it was a map leading to his planet
(maps to people is a stupid concept)
pretty convenient that he never left that spot, not even briefly for supplies or w/e
>>
>>70374337
Found the intelligent anon
>>
>>70374136
"They then take it to the castle of mo-cap alien pirate Maz Kanata (Lupita Nyong'o), who shows them a vision which, amongst other things, reveals Luke and R2-D2 (Kenny Baker) discovering the bodies of his dead padawans."

that leak confirms 1 thing in rey's vision that everybody is debating - luke is mourning the bodies of the dead padawans when he touches r2.
>>
>>70372847
No, no we can not.
TFA literally did not have a single redeeming point, almost as bad as the prequels.
>>
>>70373240
Your whole post is poorly written.
>>
File: rian.jpg (201 KB, 600x427) Image search: [Google]
rian.jpg
201 KB, 600x427
Leave Star Wars to me.
>>
>>70372847

I actually disagree. I found the first half to be much more enjoyable. The pacing in the tail end of the movie was too rapid, but very little was accomplished. Other than Han's death, which I feel was well handled, the rest is quick cuts and poor exposition. They spent too little time on the final confrontation. They needed more screen time for Kyle and Rey's fight.

The worst part is that they brought back the overly epic battle scenes from the prequels. The really great part of IV and V was the slow exposition.

I didn't feel emotionally invested enough in the characters.
>>
>>70374928
Not as poorly as TFA
>>
>>70372847
I though it was bullshit that she defeated a experienced (neo) sith lord at both the force and with a lightsaber given that she had no training and either.

Especially considering that Luke's training was such a big deal in the classics.
>>
OT= Great
PT= Garbage
TFA= Good.
>>
remember how Harrison Ford carried that movie on his back.
>>
>>70373584
This.
>>
>>70374126
>Because she is a fucking badass, she just has not been seen in action yet.
Her being so easily overtaken would contradict that.
>>
I enjoyed the action setpieces where Stormtroopers razed the village, Poe and Finn escaping, the Millennium Falcon in-atmo dogfight, and the last lightsaber fight minus the bit at the end where Rey just sort of remembers the Force, meditates for a second, and completely overpowers Ren with zero training. I really liked Finn and Ren.

Everything else was just okay except for Rey being aggressively bland. It was a ANH rehash that seemed to ape every bit of iconography and was the most predictable thing in the world.

>"We can't be here! The First Order will find us!"
>"Relax, she's run this watering hole for 1000 years."
>Instantly know that the First Order is going to show up and the place will be blown the fuck up
>>
>>70376049
I feel like this is pretty fair. TFA has a lot of flaws, but at least I walked out of the theater thinking "that was pretty fun." The only part I actively disliked and wish had just been cut was the squid monster scene.
>>
>>70373306
All of these questions can be answered if you just pay attention to the movie.
>>
>>70373306

it was star wars: high school musical

you just didn't get it
>>
>>70372847
The whole thing was Transformers-tier.
>>
The movie was a trashy quipfest, and Rogue One looked trashy, but now the reshooting confirm it will be a quipfest as well.

If you still care about Star Wars at this point, you are hopeless
>>
I enjoyed everything up until they got in the falcon. Then I wanted to die.
>>
>>70373565
>-"he sliced him open like a fish"
>the deleted scene, a nurse says finn will be fine hes ok. he wasnt even critically or seriously injured. he just got a little scratched.
Two major characters "injured" (i.e. subdued with no plot-relevant damage to worry about in future movies) with lightsabers, with actual strikes using the blade, in one movie.

LIGHTSABERS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY
>>
>>70372847
What the hell are you talking about !? TFA has top notch CGI job !! Have you checking recent effect heavy features. Some are so terrible to look at. I
>>
>>70372847

The scene with the Shoggoths was shit and ruined the pacing. Kylo shouldn't have been defeated by Rey in the lightsaber fight. Finn and Rey should only have survived due to Kylo being injured and distraught and having to leave so he doesn't explode along with the planet.
>>
Finn and Rey ruin the movie
>>
>>70376049
>le PT is garbage meme
aka "how to spot the insecure millennial"
>>
>>70377236
The entire movie ruins the movie.
>>
>>70377236
Rey is a magic dog. She can turn into anything the plot needs her to be. They didn't show it in the movie, but BB-8 has some neat retro games loaded on it.
>>
>>70372847
I can't agree to that. I think they paid a lot of money to critics who converter the people who can't have their own opinions into zealots who believe the movie was awesome. And now people think you are weird if you say anything against it.

It wasn't bad, it just was average high budget action/fantasy movie nothing significant to make critics go so mad about it.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.