[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Judd Apatow says anyone who dislikes the new Ghostbusters mo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15
File: judd-apatow-ghostbusters.jpg (337 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
judd-apatow-ghostbusters.jpg
337 KB, 670x377
Judd Apatow says anyone who dislikes the new Ghostbusters movie must be a sexist/racist Donald Trump supporter.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ghostbusters-reboot-judd-apatow-donald-trump-1201787579/
>>
>>70371086
I think all 3 candidates are shit and think the new gb looks like typical sony garbage

Checkmate atheists
>>
What's the good counter to this?
>>
Apparently he shows his dick in that new Popstar andy samberg movie
>>
>>70371086
>“I would assume there’s a very large crossover of people who are doubtful ‘Ghostbusters’ will be great and people excited about the Donald Trump candidacy,” Apatow told Uproxx. “I would assume they are the exact same people. That movie is made by the great Paul Feig and stars the funniest people on Earth, so I couldn’t be more excited.”

Also, article's author finds it problematic that the only black lead in the movie is the only Ghostbuster who isn't a scientist.
>The controversy reached new heights when it was revealed that Leslie Jones, the only African-American Ghostbuster, was also the sole lead in the film not playing a scientist. But despite that issue being addressed and turned on its head when it was reported that the part was originally written for Melissa McCarthy, fans still found the general casting problematic.
>>
>>70371130
opinions
>>
>>70371086
What exactly is insulting about supporting the best candidate in the 2016 election? These beta cucks are completely intimidated by Trump
>>
>>70371130
Say you find the movie racist due the problematic casting of an African American as a non-scientist
>>
File: 12330-19959-0.jpg (31 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
12330-19959-0.jpg
31 KB, 320x240
>>70371190
It's not that she's a non scientist it's that she's an over the top racial stereotype. Whereas Ernie Hudson played the character as just a normal every day level headed person. Leslie Jones is playing it "AW HELL NAW!" THE DEVIL IS A LIAH!" "IS THIS A RACE THANG OR A LADY THANG?!".

Who wants to bet that she'll also spout other such classics from the Hackneyed Hollywood Writer's Guide To Ebonics as "HOL' UP!" "NOW DAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!" or the ever popular line from films with black people and ghosts "FEETS DON'T FAIL ME NOW!"
>>
>>70371130
Laugh.

They're fucking up long-term. You call people Nazis/racists/sexists or whatever else for long enough and they'll stop giving a shit and embrace the label, like fags did.
>>
Fuck this. The last thread derailed.
>>
>stop hating what I like
>>
File: doug-belgrad-tom-rothman.jpg (28 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
doug-belgrad-tom-rothman.jpg
28 KB, 446x299
does have anything to do with Ghostbusters?

man, everybody is jumping ship because of this turd.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/doug-belgrad-leaving-sony-pictures-motion-picture-group-president-1201766508/#comments
>>
File: slow news day.gif (32 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
slow news day.gif
32 KB, 350x400
>>70371086

>Judd "Anchorman 2" Apatow defends shameless profiteering in the form of unnecessary sequels to popular comedies

In other news, shocking pictures have emerge of a grizzly bear defecating in a forested area. Grizzly advocate groups have slammed the images, with one spokeswoman saying that they were "convincingly photoshopped by lonely ursuphobes with nothing better to do than spread hatred and outdated stereotypes on the internet".

And in Italy today, more eyewitnesses have come forward with their stories about Pope Francis, Bishop of Rome and Sovereign of the Vatican City - claiming that he might really be a member of the Catholic Church. Captain Obvious is with us from Rome right now; Captain, what can you tell us about these new reports?
>>
he has a point, but no one has seen it yet, so how can people already hate it?

i can understand hating the idea of another soulless cashgrab made on name recognition and then the makers saying it supposedly has nothing to do with the original when every single thing in the movie is a reference to it.

sjws and hollywood type people's mistake is pulling in people who obviously see it for what it really is and calling it out and saying that it's all lumped together under misogyny
>>
I don't appreciate being lumped into a group that holds a derogatory connotation simply for not agreeing with you about movies. That's exactly what the bigots you revile would do, and I think you should go fuck yourself if this is really the only way you can defend the things you like.
>>
File: bleach.jpg (44 KB, 813x531) Image search: [Google]
bleach.jpg
44 KB, 813x531
>Oh, you do not like this movie? You must be a _______________.
>>
>>70371130
>guilting people into liking a movie
>>
>>70371555

>mistake

They're doing it deliberately, dude. They know better than anyone that there are a thousand reasons why a fan of the original movies (or just a fan of quality control in the movie industry) would object to this sequel being made, but they are doing their level best to ensure that any and all criticism of the film is branded as misogyny and publicly shouted down on social media.
>>
>>70371130
>>70371573
this guy said it well
>>
File: PrimeDemographic.jpg (60 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
PrimeDemographic.jpg
60 KB, 480x360
>>70371555
>no one has seen it yet, so how can people already hate it?

1. The promotional material designed to convince audiences that the product is worthwhile has failed to do so.

2. Additional details about the film that were leaked that audiences didn't like were confirmed by the subsequent trailers, write-ups on tie in material such as toys etc.

3. That none of the people involved have actually defended the film instead of insulting the critics shows their lack of confidence in the product.
>>
This just in. Comedian makes joke.
>>
File: The Neck Knows.jpg (4 KB, 106x125) Image search: [Google]
The Neck Knows.jpg
4 KB, 106x125
Lol, the same triggered neckbeard reposted the thread after the old one died.
>>
>>70371691
it's basically fascism of the left: the movie
I think it's great that this is becoming more and more mainstream, people need to see what the fuck is going on not just in this instance, but more subtly in the media
>>
File: download__2_.jpg (3 KB, 140x184) Image search: [Google]
download__2_.jpg
3 KB, 140x184
>>70371086
>liberal arguments
>>
>>70371133
Is he a big guy?
>>
>>70371130
Say you're a woman. Or if you're a man, because of the stupid Gender Identity shit that goes on today, say you're gender fluid and you identify also identify as a woman.
>>
>>70371086
I can see McCarthy going after them.
We never spent much on her anyway. She gets more love and money from the fatty housewife demographic'
Who does Apatow think is going to watch his movies though?
>>
>>70371130
It's pre-emptive damage control and IRL clickbaiting. He's helping create a multy pronged narrative that will hopefully drive sales up by making people angry enough to hate watch it and shitpost at their jobs/schools/social media about how they hate it, while at the same time trying to shame spineless ledditors into liking it out of fear of being called bad words by hairy fat women and other ledditors. It's a common tactic that you should be used to by now if you spend any time at all online.
>>
I hope it's a hit and they make eleventy billion sequels, just to make your heads asplode.
>>
>a Jew
PURE COINCIDENCE
>>
>>70371628
BLEACHED
>>
>>70371744

Personally I think it's sad that public discourse has devolved to this level of stupidity, and that normies have become little more than attack dogs with smartphones, that marketers and politicians sic on their competitors.

I wouldn't describe any of this as "great", and I also wouldn't make the mistake of calling it "fascism", although groupthink and public self-censorship are certainly essential ingredients thereof.

The world would be a better place if every single person involved in this whole circus, on both sides of the argument, was instantly erased from existence.
>>
This is getting a little fucking excessive, no? If you have to convince famous people to claim that not liking your movie is sexist, maybe your movie just sucks?
>>
>>70371086
How much asshurt would a Trump win cause?
>>
>>70371086
lmfao I gues he got that one right, I'm racist and sexist
>>
>>70372096
Or maybe not liking the movie is sexist. Ever thought about that, anon? Hmmmmmm?
>>
>>70371086
>"That movie is made by the great Paul Feig and stars the funniest people on Earth, so I couldn’t be more excited"
>Year one exists, it's a horrible movie
>Your Highness exists, it's a horrible movie
>>
>>70371337
You forgot "DAMN, THAT SHIT'S WHACK".
>>
>>70371706
>3. That none of the people involved have actually defended the film instead of insulting the critics shows their lack of confidence in the product.
This big time. Every timeit's been some kind of damage control, saying "You just don't like it because you're sexist and Racist!!!" While in some ways the trailers that promoted it themselves seemed sexist and racist, as well as completely unfunny.
>>
>>70372115
Impossible amounts. The whole system is set up to limit how much power the president has but these illiterate fuckos think that he's going to harvest babies on his first night in office.
>>
File: d74.gif (95 KB, 450x504) Image search: [Google]
d74.gif
95 KB, 450x504
>>70372142
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
>>
>>70371337
This

"The black guy" was never as smart as the scientist guys, but he was far more relatable as as a result. He's above average intelligence to be sure, but not by a huge margin, and compared to the others he might as well be in primary school. He's just there for the paycheck at first, but ends up really enjoying the company and the good work he does.
>>
>>70372063
>The world would be a better place if every single person involved in this whole circus, on both sides of the argument, was instantly erased from existence.
*tips fedora*
>>
>>70372511
and anything he does do he can thank Obama for expanding presidential powers by using executive orders on things no president ever dare do before.
>>
>>70372464
It would have gone a long way if the people behind this had said anything to the effect of "We understand your concern because you love Ghostbusters but so do we and we worked really hard to come up with something new that we think you'll all love if you just give it a chance." but they haven't. Instead their attitude has been "Fuck you, this is the way it is, if you don't get with the program then it's you who's wrong!"
>>
>>70373443
If someone tells me I'm on the wrong side of history for not seeing this, I swear to Dog imma choke a bitch.
>>
>>70373558
>implying you could get you hands around McCarthy's ..well neck isn't the right word. head rest?
>>
>>70373443
People were being sexist about this since it was announced. Let's call a spade a fucking shovel.
>>
>>70371190
>>70371337

I was surprised that she wasn't playing one of the monsters.
>>
>>70373609
Sure
>we're making a new gb but it's all girls
>why?
>MISOGYNY!!!
>>
>>70373597
You'd only be able to choke her Leia style, with a huge ass chain while wearing a bikini.
>>
File: 19he12mouv49qjpg.jpg (142 KB, 747x960) Image search: [Google]
19he12mouv49qjpg.jpg
142 KB, 747x960
>>70373609
Because we could see from the beginning that it wasn't that Feig went through a bunch of scripts and found this one which "may sound out there but trust us everyone, it's really funny and going to be great" Instead he immediately took the property and turned it into another vehicle for his cronies from Bridesmaids and shat whatever he could out as quickly as possible in order to make an easy buck for him and his buddies. That was a huge red flag right from the start.
>>
File: rgbgrundel.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
rgbgrundel.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>70373668
hahaha top kek
>>
>>70373609

>Let's call a spade a fucking shovel.

I can't decide whether this is a sophisticated, sarcastic troll or an actual insight into the mind of a shill. Either way, top notch post.
>>
All /pol/ shitposters are mentally retarded. This is a movie that I never even would have heard existed under normal circumstances, but because obese mentally ill MRA shitstains with IQs around 60-80 cry about it literally all day, I've heard about it hundreds of times over the last few months. You are the dumbest fucking SJW pieces of garbage on the planet, far more significantly than "SJWs" themselves. /pol/ posters are literally the dumbest "people" on the planet.
>>
>>70371337
This would be the way to go. They won't listen to simple arguments that the movie looks like unfunny trash despite them being women, you gotta go for the jugular: the stereotypical portrayal of a black female character. They're already trying to cover it up saying that McCarthy's character was supposed to be acting like the black one and it just turned out that way. Utter bullshit of course.
>>
File: GhostBait.png (3 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
GhostBait.png
3 KB, 320x200
>>70373905
Your bait's running low, time to buy more.
>>
>>70372454
No but that shit is whack though.
>>
>>70373959

>if I scream the word bait like a tantruming brainwashed baby reality will change!

Holy shit, /pol/JWs as delusional as ever. What's it like being part of the last intelligent demographic in the history of our species?
>>
>>70373959
>Traps Required
Now THAT'S cisbusting!
>>
>>70373905
>This is a movie that I never even would have heard existed under normal circumstances

Here's your (You) for your inevitable r/4chan crosspost.
>>
File: Learn2internet.gif (485 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Learn2internet.gif
485 KB, 500x375
>>70374046
You're the only one sperging around here newfriend, the rest of us are having a collected discussion on this film and its marketing.
>>
>>70374110

Every single """person""" on your containment board deserves to die an agonizingly slow death, you obese waste of oxygen. /pol/JWs are the only actual example of subhumans on the planet.
>>
>>70371133
I literally just walked out of that movie. That was Apatow's dick?? Small as shit
>>
>>70374135
It's; /pol/sters.
>>
File: 8channormie.jpg (233 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
8channormie.jpg
233 KB, 800x600
>>70374135
hoo boy I hope you never stumble across infinity chan then.
>>
>>70374135

The irony is that most posts on /pol/ are pretty blatantly shitposts from shills with VPNs, so you're essentially insisting that your own breed is subhuman.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.