[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This isn't that bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6
This isn't that bad.
>>
>>70368334

It's kino you fucking pleb
>>
>>70368334
It isn't, only bad part was the major plot hole of the killed crew, but the music, effects, set peices, Goldblum and Pete were top notch

1 > 2 >> 4 >> 3
>>
Agreed, but if it followed the book closer, it would probably be better instead of them doing pretty much their own thing.
>>
>>70368334
the tagline IS that bad
>>
>>70368334
>inb4 thread full of people complaining about black gymnastics daughter

She wasn't good, but it didn't ruin the movie either.

Also, that mobile lab is pretty fucking cool. Would buy if rich/10.
>>
>>70368334
>A whole movie led by the retarded genius of Jeff Goldblum
>Julianne Moore
>that guy getting ripped in half by the T. Rexs

it's one of the better blockbuster sequels
>>
>>70368470
Was she picked because she was best fit for the role? Or did her being black imply something?

Like either Ian liked chocolate or that he got cucked? Also, where the fuck is the mom? Did she run away with Tyrone and let Ian take care of Kelly?
>>
>>70368700
Ian was a ladies' man, he told grant he had like a few ex wives and several kids
>>
>>70368388

>only bad part was the major plot hole of the killed crew

the ship's crew wasn't killed by the T-Rex, they were killed by the raptors who were able to sneak onto the ship, but those scenes were cut from the final movie, it's in the making-of from the blu-ray
>>
I actually like it almost as much as the first movie, Roland Tembo is my favorite character in the series.
>>
>>70368334

yes, it's pretty based actually
>>
>>70368334
Jurassic Park: the Lost Franchise for a decade
>>
>>70368730
And we only see one of them? That's bullshit.
>>
>>70369585
Wait for the inevitable prequel/spin off
>>
The characters that we were supposed to be rooting for get dozens of people killed.
>>
>>70368334
Yes it is, at its worst it was part of that whole pro-environmentalist/animal-rights fad of the 90s. This guy gets it>>70370081, the heroes are bunch of PETA-tier faggots who care about the majestic and harmless so much that they release them and thus endangering everyones lives. At its best is just another monster movie were each insignificant character is killed off one by one.
>>
>>70368334
I love it.
>>
>>70368912
Yea, but whatever the intention it really doesn't make sense in the movie itself.
>>
>>70368700
In the book Kelly has an annoying black friend that she drags along to the island. They combined the two in order to streamline the story I guess.
>>
>>70370335
That makes more sense. When I read TLW, I imagined him as somewhat like Stevie from Malcolm in the Middle.
>>
>>70370224
How long has it been since you saw the movie? The only dino they released was the baby Trex, because it was injured and staked to the ground.
>>
>>70368334
fuck off netflix fag
>>
>>70370395
The people go into the camp and release the herbavores
>>
>>70370395
vince vaughn went into the ingen camp and opened all of the dinosaur cages, and then he grabbed the baby t-rex last
>>
>>70370335
They aren't black in the book...
>>
>>70370456
The nerd is black the girl is white
>>
>>70370456
You didn't read his reply carefully enough. He said Kelly HAD AN ANNOYING BLACK FRIEND.

Kelly was white, you're right, but he literally said nothing about that.
>>
>>70370419
>>70370449
Well, shit... looks like I'm the dumbass. Sorry, anon.
>>
>>70370395
Dude did you not remember the scene where they released all other dino InGen had captured which leads leads to everything destroyed including anyway to communicate with anybody outside the island, thus dooming everybody. It makes it all the worse that when the "heroes" where stuck on the trailer and almost died they where rescued by the dino hunters led by Pete Postlewaite. How do they repay him back? By taking away his tranquilizer bullets that he could used on the T-Rex when his entire crew was under attack. I hate this movie and specially Vince Vaughn.
>>
>>70368334
It's pretty good

The second best of the series
>>
>>70370576
>How do they repay him back? By taking away his tranquilizer bullets that he could used on the T-Rex when his entire crew was under attack.
Fuck, that part was the worst of all.

The tragedy of this movie is that it has a lot of great elements (notably everything involving InGen, and Roland in particular), but the hippies ruin everything.
>>
>>70370576
They weren't tranq bullets that got stolen. They were straight slugs. Pete was supposed to be allowed to kill the male Trex as part of his payment.
>>
>>70368388

>raptors sneak unto a ship on the coast
>eat everyone aboard
>swim back to the island

How is that a plot hole?

The real problem with this film is the entire San Diego part. Its just... bad...

>>70368402

This. The books were infinitely better (DUH). I still to this day hate how they made Hammond a good guy.
>>
This movie was my childhood Tbqh with you guys. I watched this movie so many time my dad broke the vhs tape. Also lets not for get about stromair being eaten by those chickens
>>
The Jurassic Park movies can be ordered from release date in quality

JP >>>>>>>> Lost World >>>> JP3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jurassic World
>>
>>70370807
>Hammond
>good guy
I agree in the book Hammond was about to let his own grandkids be eaten by dinosaurs
>>
File: Nick Van Owen.jpg (75 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
Nick Van Owen.jpg
75 KB, 500x587
>Nick Van Owen
>Hero
>Get's people killed for exercising their legal property rights.
>>
>>70370807
The books were better and yeah, the second film would've gone from good to fantastic If they followed the book more closely. However, the whole added San Diego scene was fucking awesome simply because of T.rex antics in a city.
>>
>>70368334
> dont go in the long grass!
> mobile lab going off the cliff
> dude getting killed by compys after tazer-ing them
> "you can keep your fee, all i want is the chance to hunt a trex"

its fucking great
>>
>>70368334
Not even remotely near the original and has some stupid scenes (the one where Nick and Sarah literally cause the problems, and the gymnastics scene), but still a great blockbuster on its own right.
JP- 10/10 perfect
TLW- 8/10 great
JP3- 3/10 trash
JW- 5/10 meh
>>
>>70371128
> the whole added San Diego scene was fucking awesome
that was the worst part of the movie though.. it just didn't fit at all
>>
>>70371071
He was there under Hammond's orders
>>
>>70371282

I know this is pasta, but JW was actually a solid 7, if you genuinely like the franchise.

JP3 was a 5, because it was still about dinosaurs.
>>
>>70371444
JP3 would be higher if it had an ending sequence.
>>
It's the first movie I remember seeing in a theater so I'm far from being objective but I've always loved it to bits as a kid and rewatching it as an adult hasn't changed that

Then again I like 3 too so my opinion can be disregarded
>>
File: 1429652628340.jpg (54 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1429652628340.jpg
54 KB, 640x640
>tfw no invisible Carnotaurus
>>
I've been saying TLW is a great movie for years. The gymnastics vs. Raptor WASN'T EVEN THAT BAD, and this is consistently pointed out as the worst part of the movie, one 15 second scene and supposedly the movie is ruined, despite the rest of the movie being pretty damn decent.

JP > TLW > JP3 > JW

Yes, JP3 is better than JW. JW was only made to make money, and it clearly shows. The entire movie plays like some kind of advertisement for toys or some bullshit.
>>
>>70370714
>The tragedy of this movie is that it has a lot of great elements (notably everything involving InGen, and Roland in particular), but the hippies ruin everything.
Fucking this that raptor scene towards the end was GOAT. It scared shitless when I was little.
>>
>>70371489

JP3 would be higher if it wasn't complete shit. Annoying characters, annoying premise and annoying serial killer dinosaurs.
>>
>>70371542

>miss the entire point of the movie
>thinks using it as a critique is some kind of statement
>>
>>70371542

This pisses me off more than it should.

Its like people who didnt even read the books think they know what theyre talking about.

JW was full of ideas and themes from the books, which were completely left out of the original films.

I loved JW.

JP3 is total garbage compared to JW.

Granted, Star-Lord was a miscast and the whole "IT CAN CAMOUFLAGE" will surely be unpopular among the plebs, but cloning dinosaurs is realistic, but adding a bit more sci-fi is suddenly taboo?
>>
>>70371542
>JW was only made to make money
so was Jurassic park 3
>>
>>70371612
Actually the camouflage thing is from the lost world book. That one dinosaur that tries to attack them by the radio station. Too bad the didn't put it in the movie
>>
>>70371542
JP3 was 90 minutes long. That movie was an advertisement for toys.
>hurr JW is OTT
Grant blowing into a 3D printer larynx/magic flute and having a conversation with regular Velociraptors was just as bad as anything in JW, it's just JW observed that it was crazy sci fi BS and adjusted tone appropriately
>>
>>70371612
>Its like people who didnt even read the books think they know what theyre talking about.
When will bookfags ever shut up?
>Actually, in the book blah blah blah
No one cares. We're talking about the movie.
>>
>>70371388
Yeah it didn't, but it was fun as fuck.
>>
>>70372045
>"IT CAN CAMOUFLAGE" will surely be unpopular among the plebs

Read please.

>>70372274

Would you say the same about /got/?
>>
>>70372396
>Would you say the same about /got/?
I don't watch that show, nor have I read the books.
>>
File: 1462758924034.jpg (97 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462758924034.jpg
97 KB, 1920x1080
Roland is far and away the best character in this entire franchise and Spielberg did something wrong if he expected a half intelligent audience to take him away as the bad guy

fucking artificial dinosaur hippies I swear
>>
>>70371412

Hammond didn't own that shit no moe.
>>
>>70372434

You either watch anime, or are a teenager.
>>
>>70372692
I'm 26 and don't watch anime.
>>
>>70372692
...or none of the above
>>
>>70370807
I prefer most of the changes they made to the characters in the first movie, with the exception of Gennaro. I don't understand why they gave him the shit end of the stick.
>>
>>70370470

The nerd is Indian.
>>
>>70372775

Yeah, poor guy.
>>
>All these people saying 2 was best

Proper ranking:
1>3>4>2
>>
>>70373654
Objectively wrong on all accounts
>>
>>70373654
Garbage
>>
>>70370576

I mean, to be fair, by the end of his part in the movie, Vince regrets what he had done. Him dropping the bullets symbolizes this.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460738433933.jpg (12 KB, 357x353) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460738433933.jpg
12 KB, 357x353
>>70368388
Accurate
>>
File: 1439910094283.jpg (50 KB, 540x406) Image search: [Google]
1439910094283.jpg
50 KB, 540x406
>>70368334
The only redeeming scenes are with pete postlethwaite, why couldn't we have a movie focusing on InGen's involvement with site B. Malcom's daughter I think essentially kills the whole fucking movie, so much unnecessary dialogue and stupid scenes that did not need to exist.

>the tree lift scene
>the acrobatics scene were she kicks a raptor 20 feet through a window
>"They cut you from the gymnastics team?"

Jesus wept it had potential, there are some really great scenes, like the armored RV being pushed off a cliff edge by a pair of t-rex, that was pretty intense.

The whole part of the movie in civilization wasn't satisfying and the movie left more plot holes than actual plot. It just hamfisted """humorous""" scenes into its structure and fell flat on its ass.
>>
>>70368334
It's pretty bad. Worst of the series even.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.