[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the appeal of this show? My sister bought me the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Breaking-Bad.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Breaking-Bad.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
What's the appeal of this show?

My sister bought me the box set from Christmas and I've only just got around to watching it. I was quite hyped as the reviews are overwhelmingly good, but I found it bad, soap opera bad. A show more interested in cliffhangers, silly contrived plot, annoying catchphrases and le ebin cinematic moments that make no sense, than actual coherent, sensible character building and solid story lines.

Am I just a pleb?
>>
>>70367566
I didn't feel that way about season one, and maybe even season two. After that though, the show blew up and they must definitely were interested in nothing else but pandering to the fans, no matter stay the cost.
>>
>>70367566
You're absolutely right, Breaking Bad is the most overrated TV series ever made, mediocre at best.
>>
>>70367566
You're a legit pleb. Ive never actually meant that until i saw your post.
>>
My wife's son loves it
>>
>>70367566
>cinematic
>>>/r/eddit
>>
Yes, only plebs dislike Breaking Bad. This is scientific fact.
>>
>>70368013
>only plebs like Breaking Bad. This is scientific fact
ftfy
>>
>>70368013
Pleb and proud then, I guess.

Can you tell me why you liked it?
>>
I did feel when it turned really dark in S5 with Todd and his chums, it would pay off with a great finale.

But it was just Walter doing his fucking MacGyver impression and a complete cop-out.
>>
>>70367566
>Am I just a pleb?

Yes, BB has some of the best acting, character development, cinematography, and plotlines of all time
>>
>>70368197
You had me until plotlines
>ridiculous coincidences and cliffhangers every fucking episode
obnoxious
>>
>>70368197
I bet you like capeshit too.
>>
>>70367566
So do I like this show or not?

Pleaes /tv/ I need an answer
>>
>>70367566
le ebin contrarian maymay :P :P xDD
>>
>>70368609
seriously everyone I know who likes Breaking Bad is into capeshit
>>
>>70368698
Why are you pretending to be OP?
>>
>>70368816
le ebin maymay meme XDDD
>>
>>70368832
bitch
>>
>>70367941
This. At least the last season wraps things up nicely. The show as a whole was chore.
>>
>>70369822
>The show as a whole was chore.
It definitely is. I forced myself to watch the whole series just so my friend would stop fucking nagging me about it

>YOU HAVE TO WATCH ALL OF IT BRO
>TRUST ME BRO
>HNNNNNNG GREATEST SHOW EVAR
>>
>>70367941
>>70369822
>>70370462
agreed, only likeable character was saul, and there were too many goddamn characters that made you wanna turn it off

muh edgy meth show
>>
>>70367566
Its quite good and I don't understand why it isn't more popular on 4chan considering how much nu males are hated on here.

Walt didn't wanna be the pussy society wanted him to be so he acted out.

I would expect him to be hailed as a hero/role model on here but the need to pretend to be smart by disliking popular things is just too strong I guess.
>>
>>70372276
>I don't understand why it isn't more popular on 4chan

Seriously? This show was all this board used to talk about when it was on.
>>
>>70367566
I hope you showed your sister appreciation for it and thanked her.
>>
>>70372398
Yea but in the same
>lel only plebs like this
Way

But I guess thats what they do with GoT now, though GoT deserves it to an extent cause they have done some stupid things.

BB was well written and well acted for the most part and all you see are
>omg it was so bad!
>>70367566
I loved it until [tv] told me otherwise
>>
>>70372547
this desu
>>
>>70372602
I don't think BB is bad or anything, it's a decent show but the hyperbole its legion of fans spout, how they won't shut up about how it's the greatest show ever made, fucking jesus

Is it really so surprising that there's backlash?
>>
>>70367566
It's a great show. /tv/ contrarian try hards hate it.

It's not the best show ever, but it's top 10 for sure. Enjoy it for what it's worth. Seasons 2-4 are top tier comfy
>>
>>70372728
>it's top 10 for sure
fuck no
>>
>>70372716
I understand being frustrated with people who act like its the second coming of Christ but its also stupid to completely dismiss it.

The show was good and had an interesting plot/good acting and dealt with issues shows usually aren't made about.
>>
>>70372602
That literally happens with any popular show.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.