[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to watch Jumanji for the first time after being too scared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Jumanji6401.jpg (121 KB, 640x346) Image search: [Google]
Jumanji6401.jpg
121 KB, 640x346
About to watch Jumanji for the first time after being too scared to see it as a kid because of the commercials. Wish me luck.
>>
File: 3463333.jpg (195 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
3463333.jpg
195 KB, 500x393
>See the cool as fuc board game in the movie
>Buy the board game at the toy store
>it's this piece of shite

LIERALLY WHAT
>>
>>70367209
>About to watch Jumanji for the first time after being too scared to see it as a kid because of the commercials.

how old were you, 4?
>>
>>70367272
dude it was probably the closest they could get at the time

nowadays it'd be some shitty jungle run tie-in that's iphone exclusive

don't bash on the good times
>>
>>70367272
>the fuck you mean the pieces don't move on their own with little magnets

of course realizing the game was basically just candyland with a jungle skin was kinda disappointing.
>>
>>70367332
>rhino
>event cards requiring certain saves
>stuck in the jungle spaces

it shared similarities but has far more going on than candyland
>>
>>70367421
>move forward
>move back
>don't move until you do x
>lose a turn

Candyland is just the most basic example of the "move pieces randomly around a board" gametype I can think of.
>>
>>70367508
I'm racking my brain and I'm certain candyland doesn't have those las-

no, I am NOT getting into a discussion about FUCKING CANDYLAND today. Not happening. Fuck this.
>>
>>70367323
... no they cheaped the fuck out on that. I mean no one was expecting monkeys, jungles, and robin williams to pop out of the board, but the middle-opening suitcase design would've been swank as fuck.
>>
That kid getting sucked in was fucked up.
>>
>>70367575
Hahaha, sorry. Its just my go-to for that type.
>>
>>70367586
game would have cost a fortune, and you can find special collectors editions that did that. I saw one that used QR codes on the cards and a smartphone+app to simulate the middle bit's woobly effect from the movie, i think it was one of the collector's editions that was modded for that
>>
>>70367754
>a bunch of molded plastic would've cost a fortune

nigga u dum
>>
>>70367784
yeah that's the ONLY added expense that would bring about. never mind:
>additional size, making storage, shipping, shelving more expensive
>higher QC in order to assure it opens and closes properly and none of the molded plastic looks like shit
>intricate colors and designs on the outside to make it look aged or it looks cheap and shitty

you can't just assume the added amount of base materials is the only increase to the cost. There's about a dozen different stages that extra plastic affects
>>
So I've always wondered this, when Alan ends he game and it warps reality and reverses time back to when they started the game him and the girl have memories o the future an everything that happened right?
So does that mean that the 2 kids, when they are born or even in the womb have memories from their lives up to where the game ended? Do they recognize Alan at the party and be like "I've been waiting since I was conceived"
>>
>>70367901
in an ideal scenerio, it would have been the same size as the cardboard box.

i mean holy fuck, are you just stupid or something?
>>
Robin Williams is surprisingly bitter and angry for a 90s family movie.
>>
Too bad effects aged like milk
Monkey scene sucks a bit

However, still comfy kids movie
>>
Goddamn that board game is evil. It's not even teaching life lessons or such shit, it's just an evil ass game.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.