[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"In a night scene Vader absolutely lays waste to a Rebe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 28
File: gareth.jpg (28 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
gareth.jpg
28 KB, 650x366
"In a night scene Vader absolutely lays waste to a Rebel ground Squad. Unfortunately this is one of the scenes we have to water down. We made it like something from the old slasher/horror films. Rebel soldiers who joked about a boogie man with magical powers and then minutes later are absolutely wasted."

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/4m8d6w/forget_all_the_crap_about_people_saying_they_know/

>Gareth and the crew creates gritty war kino set in the SW universe
>Disney waters it down for kids

BRAVO
>>
>>70365243
FUCK
>>
Lucas was right.
>>
Shit, now I regret judging it solely by the trailers
>>
Lucas and Disney both suck in their own ways.

Fuck em both
>>
My hearts pounding. Why would they fuck with Darth Vader? Kids LOVE Darth Vader. They love Darth Vader the juggernaut. I don't understand the reservations of Vader being a mountain. Who are they afraid of "offending"? Certaintly wouldn't offend any Star Wars fan between the ages of 3-80. I don't think non-Star Wras fanboys will mind a monster Vader either... People fucking love violence.
>>
>>70365813
Personally, I would rather see Vader in the style of a classic Disney villain like Ultron.
>>
>>70365243
This is why I hate Disney. They have fucked star wars up so much
>>
>>70365813
>"Yes. They want a movie that kids can watch too because that will net the most money.
Gareth is livid."
>>
>>70365243

WE WANT THE QUIPFLICK AUDIENCE
>>
this sounds absolutely awful

who the fuck wants to see vader like this?
>>
>>70365614
The trailers dont mean shit now. 40% of the movie is being reshot so those trailers can all be rejected
>>
>these changes

so basically what likely many of us feared long ago when Disney took Star Wars.. they would tone down the potential violence.

too bad, Vader slaughtering rebel scum would be wonderful
>>
>>70365243
Holy shit this is exactly what Angry Joe said! How he wanted a scene with Vader killing an entire squad.

Well at least there is some good news: we will get an angry pissed video from him about this
>>
You only have one chance to set things right. Vote with your wallet.
>>
>>70365813
Because kids don't understand that Vader isn't just a generic bad guy of the week villain. They don't understand that's he's murdered millions of people, children, women, planets, etc.
>>
>>70365883
They could probably make a pretty realistic CGI rendering of Vader
>>
>>70365982
>40%
from what I read, allegedly, just a couple scenes. It must just take a month to do it since setting up stuff like this probably takes a while.
>>
>>70366062
They confirmed earlier that they are rebuilding around 32 new sets completely and it's around 40% of the film.
>>
>>70366037
I certainly understood this as a kid 18 years ago. This was before Netflix etc too when shit like The Walking Dead wasn't a click away.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (30 KB, 332x443) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
30 KB, 332x443
>>70365243
For those who think the OT is for kids:
>Movie opens with stormtroopers killing everyone
>Vader chokes and kills a guy
>A planet with an entire being population is wiped out
>Luke's caretakers are brutally murdered as we see their crisp burnt skeletons
>Obi Won chops a guy's hand off as we see it lying bloody on the floor

This "Star Wars is a friendly kids movie" meme has to die
>>
HAHAHAHAHA FUCK DISNEY
FUCK MARVEL

JUST
FUCKING
KILL ME

don't even like star wars desu
>>
>>70366090
I bet all the practical effects in the trailer will be CGI

FUCK YOU DISNEY
FUCK YOU
>>
>>70365243
>shamelessly actually linking to reddit
>/r/starwarsspeculation

Go talk about it in that thread. The fuck are you bringing that here for?
>>
>>70366211
fuck off retard this is actually a decent use of reddit.
>>
>>70366153
Are you okay, anon?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ve88BGz0nPc

/THREAD
>>
>>70365243
people are not seriously expecting something not for kids in a franchise that's for kids by a company that is primarily concerned with repeat customers who are mostly FUCKING KIDS???!!!

how deluded are you people?
>>
Though this movie may still be enjoyable and critically acclaimed..

people are going to go into the movie thinking "what if" and it's it may detract from the experience and overall feeling of the film

Disney ought to just be like.. fuck it.. go with the current cut.
>>
>>70366271
just sick of disney m'friend.
>>
>>70366126
You could make an argument like that for Looney Tunes dummy. It's not the violence itself, it's the way in which it's portrayed.
>>
>>70366101
This. People these days grossly underestimate kids and what they can handle. Fuck I watched tons of horror films, Star Wars, etc. I understood and grasped every bit of it.
>>70366126
Unfortunately you'll just get the counter by Disney.

>funny green alien puppet
>droid comedy
>funny looking wolfman aliens and singing jabba the hutt aliens
>etc.

Which begs the question why they even bothered to greenlight a movie about a suicidal mission for characters we'll never see or hear of again outside of maybe a short little comic run and that's it.

You also forgot Jabba the Hutt gurgling as he's being choked to death too.
>>
>>70366126
LOL yeah keep telling yourself that you underage pleb. Lucas even making Star Wars it was intended as a Saturday morning cereal, which meant it was for children aged 5-8
>>
>>70366126
mate, killing and death is prevalent in plenty of nursery rhymes and children's stories for centuries. only in modern times have things been toned down mainly due to PC bullshit. i think Star Wars is definitely for kids and the young at heart. this doesn't disparage the product any. Disney, however, goes overboard with keeping things PC and family-friendly. these days that means lowest common denominator dunces.
>>
>Jyn Erso's father is alive but as a designer of the Death Star is on death row so as not to spill it's secrets.
>He's had a change of heart at some point and has left the Death Star with a very small vulnerability, but a vulnerability nonetheless. He's contacted his daughter to come and get the details of the vulnerability from him into the hands of the Rebel Alliance and chose his daughter specifically so he can apologize before his death for being an absentee father.
>>
There needs to be an internet movement. Get all the goobers of youtube, reddit, etc together. I'm fucking furious. I don't want to see Rogue One anymore.
>>
Current Cut of Rogue One

>Rebels dying left and right and having to escape Imperial Grand Moffs and Stormtroopers constantly as they desperately try to steal the Death Star plans
>Vader murdering people left and right

>Reshoots
>Rebels casually escape the Empire and nobody dies
>Vader just stands there looking scary as the Rebels casually run away from him

LIGHTHEARTED ADVENTURE WOOOOO
>>
>>70366335
Exactly this. Why would you want to make a suicidal mission story full of quips and comedy relief?

>"So do you kill me first or I kill you first"?
>"Know the ways of the dark force rebel scum".
>"Not if I make you scum by throwing you in the garbage disposal". xD

>Vader then chooses to not kill any rebels as he walks away saying

>"Stop this now and I will give you time to get away from here".

Fuck Disney
>>
So the woman dies. That's getting changed for sure.
>>
>>70365243
>old slasher/horror
>>
>>70365813
Kids obviously. They don't want Vader to be scary to kids. He is the number 1 selling image/character/toy and face of the franchise. It would be a marketing disaster if a movie made kids scared of him.
>>
>>70366436
>"Lord Vader, why did you not kill them"?
>"I will always remember them as the special Rogue that they were. None of them deserved to die for how brave they made it on here."
>>
>>70366126
>For those who think the OT is for kids:
>>Movie opens with stormtroopers killing everyone
>>Vader chokes and kills a guy
>>A planet with an entire being population is wiped out
>>Luke's caretakers are brutally murdered as we see their crisp burnt skeletons
>>Obi Won chops a guy's hand off as we see it lying bloody on the floor
>This "Star Wars is a friendly kids movie" meme has to die
no blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 9200000052089689[1].jpg (88 KB, 550x779) Image search: [Google]
9200000052089689[1].jpg
88 KB, 550x779
>>70366126
In the UK the movie (and in fact all of the original trilogy) is and always has been rated 'U', ie 'universal: suitable for all'.
>>
>>70365243
We live in a world where Game of Thrones is the only realistic adult show whilst Disney is taking over everything.

YOU FOOLS! DC and Sony are the saviors! Do not disrespect them
>>
>>70366552
>Scared of Vader
Who raised these pussies?
>>
>>70366595
Every region has it rated for all.

AoTC and ROTS are Mature though in some places
>>
>vader is a scary monster
>is a loved character
>toys are selling well

>hmmmm better make vader a nice guy
>take away core characteristics
>so people will buy toys

FUCK LOGIC
>>
>>70365243
>this was everything /tv/ wanted to be
>now vader will be relegated to a comical jackiechan scene with donnie yen instead
>>
>>70366303
>TPM
Qui-Gon gets impaled and Darth Maul cut in half
>AotC
Padme gets her back sliced by a tiger alien, Anakin his arm cut off, Jango decapitated, Anakin also kills women and children Tuskens
>RotS
Dooku is decapitated and loses both arms, Grievous' organs burst into flames and explode, Mace Windu gets his arms chopped off, Vader kills children, Vader chokes his wife, Vader gets his left arm and both legs chopped off and set on fire
>ANH
Luke's parents are burned alive, Alderaan explodes killing millions, Vader chokes people, Obi-Wan cuts a dude's arm off
>ESB
Taun-Taun gets it's stomach cut open, Han is frozen in horrifying carbonite, Luke get his hand cut off
>RotJ
Jabba is choked to death,Vader gets his arm cut off
>TFA
Han Solo is impaled, Kylo Ren gets part of his organs blown to bits by a Bowcaster, Finn gets sliced across the back, Kylo Ren gets his face deeply scarred

Star Wars may have it's fun little moments and may not be serious at all times, but it definitely has stuff that's not meant for kids.
>>
I thought TFA was pretty grim all things considered. They showed Kylo and his squad standing among a field of dead Jedi (kids!) in Rey's vision, did they not? Now VIII will totally skip over the Knights of Ren as an order. They'll skip over all the fucking questions they raised with Kylo and Snoke.

KIDS DONT LIKE THE DARK SIDE (all of a sudden)

DARK SIDE SCARY

BRAVO
>>
>>70366595

And in the 80's PG-13 films showed titties.

Your point?
>>
>>70366657
Noooo fuck you disney ;_;
>>
>>70366505
>game of thrones s6 is airing
>allowing strong wymn to die

yeah this is changed
>>
>>70366552
dude, i was scared shitless of Jaws when i was a kid. guess what? i couldn't stop getting my parents to buy me toy sharks. in a series by a company that is primarily concerned with merchandise, i'd say making Vader scary is good business. however, the way i read the spoilers, it's the way he's portrayed is more kin to adult-type scares, something that Disney isn't fond of doing. this doesn't surprise me, though, and shouldn't anyone else. that said, the way things stand, it's a shame we won't ever see Gareth's original take on a Star Wars film.
>>
>>70366458
>>70366560
"Lord Vader, why did you not kill these Rebel Scum?"
"The Death Star is nothing next to the power of the force!"
"I am the Emperor Vader, but you have a point. I suppose they really were a Force to be Reckoned With, she truly is the One Rogue, the Rogue One."
>>
>>70366621

As the primary care giver and provider for my wife's son I would rather he did not associate big black men with being evil and scary as it may warp his perceptions of his father if he ever meets him.
>>
>>70366701
>Jaws
So not a franchise worth billions that has to juggle the various demographics in order to maximize profits?

Ok.
>>
>>70366655
man a lot of you guys really underestimate kids tolerance for gore and violence or were really fucking sheltered. none of those scenes were gory at all.
>>
>>70366673
>mfw in Canada nearly every US R-rated film is 14A here (our PG-13)
>>
This will probably turn out like Ant Man, where the final product is better for having executive meddling, against all odds. The trailer made the film look like a complete wash, a real 3/10, so I doubt it can get worse.
>>
This is the end of star wars, rogue won.
>>
File: 1461343558254.jpg (3 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
1461343558254.jpg
3 MB, 3975x3056
Never. Ever.
>>
>>70365243
Just submit to their whims and release the real movie on blu ray nbd
>>
>>70366781
50c has been added to your Disfinity figure collection
>>
>>70366755

The point was that kids like scary shit and would not react negatively to Vader being a terrifying monster.
>>
>>70366781
fuck off
>>
>>70366781
>I'm all for Disney whitewashing Vader and destroying our one chance to see his true power-level come to life
I hope you kill yourself.
>>
why the fuck is Vader in a new Star Wars movie

why the fuck would you guys believe anything some faggot says just because he claims his dad works at Nintendo
>>
>>70366767
That was my point. It doesn't have to be gory to be violent, yet Disney still thinks Rogue One needs to be lightened up and watered down. Disney are the ones underestimating kids. Stuff like I listed off is typically seen as not for kids. Shit I saw much worse than that as a kid and loved every minute of it. Vader killing a bunch of guys or some good guys dying is no big deal in Star Wars, so what on Earth could possibly need to be watered down?
>>
>>70366856
t. actual retard
>>
>>70366781
Except their excuse is to have Rogue One feel more Star Wars despite the trailer feeling as Star Wars as possible.

I guess we'll never see Vader properly done like everything has you believe and he'll just be a slow moving cyborg that doesn't really do fuck all ever other than be menacing.
>>70366856
Because this is before ANH and Vader has been confirmed for ages.
>>
>>70365243
DISNEY FUCKING SUCKS DONKEY COCKS HOLY SHIT

>a slasher movie starring Vader buttfucking rebel grunts

10/10 BASED
>>
>>70366785
nice writing, not!
>>
File: 1464627519392.jpg (77 KB, 1003x665) Image search: [Google]
1464627519392.jpg
77 KB, 1003x665
>>70366781
Ant Man is trash compared to what it could've been with Wright in control imbecile.
>>
>>70366948
Better than Disney.
>>
>>70366879
gotcha. misunderstood your point because i'm a dork. i'll go wear my dunce cap now. indeed, i agree it's a shame Disney will water down Rogue One. damn shame.
>>
>>70366655
Did you even consider my post? The way in which it's depicted determines the severity of the violence. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a little scary for a preteen kid who hasn't seen a horror movie before, but I know I watched it when I was a kid and didn't lose my shit over it. And again, the same would go for an episode of looney tunes where animals are getting crushed by rocks, falling off of cliffs, and betting blown up with dynamite. How young do you even mean, 4 year olds?
>>
>>70366931
>this is before ANH
Wow, that's fucking gay as shit. Yeah exactly what I wanted to see after the last movie, another fucking prequel.
>>
>you boys aren't grown up enough to handle Darth Vader

This is it. I liked TFA, but I won't tolerate Nanny Disney taking my childhood and telling me I can't HANDLE Darth fucking Vader of all things. Fuck Disney. Fuck fat shills like Kevin Smith who are gonna twist this into a positive. Fuck George Lucas for being a bitch.
>>
>>70366989

What did you want to see?
>>
File: 1445320539184.webm (707 KB, 941x400) Image search: [Google]
1445320539184.webm
707 KB, 941x400
>star wars CGI show that aired on cartoon network is now more hardcore then the actual movies
The mouse was a mistake.
>>
Vader was pissed at the start of ANH for a reason

I was always thinking he would slaughter the whole cast of Rouge one for stealing the plans, no doubt he won't now, i bet the girl especially will be safe
>>
>George Lucas
Hey, I'd like to focus on the politics, alien races, planets, and all this random ass lore!
>booooo these movies suck
Meanwhile...

>Disney
We'd like to focus on more adventure and this not being the movie you want just like the prequels.
>booooo R1 is gonna suck

And so it begins, Disney has become the very thing they swore to destroy.
>>
>>70366827
But the soccer moms, and little girls, would freak
>>
File: k.jpg (51 KB, 470x597) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
51 KB, 470x597
I didn't pay for TFA

I was willing to pay for this one but.....fuck the mouse

>Gareth delivers
>Disney takes it away

it's like pottery
>>
>>70366701
I doubt he was ripping their entrails out.

He was probably scary but not anything a kid wouldn't enjoy.
>>
>>70365949
Kids can watch things with some edge. I watched civil war with my 7 year old nephew and he's fine
>>
>>70367060
That's probably how the current cut ends, he kills them off right after they send the plans off. Now he's just gonna arrive late period and there will be no Rebel in sight.

>Damn blasted Rebels, I'll get you again you whacky teenagers!
>>70366989
You're retarded.
>>
>Vader kills kids
>But killing a woman is too much

I bet this is the zero it didn't test positive, MUH SEXISM
They didn't show that bitch from GOT die either
>>
>>70366834
>>70366829
>>70366817
You haven't even seen the movie being described, and the leaked plot is total shit. It's Guardians of the Galaxy with depression and a side of young adult wangst ripped from The Hunger Games and a David Yates Potter film. So we don't get to see a 'dark and gritty' war movie with a Star Wars skin, an idea better suited for a youtube fanfilm shot on an iphone. Who the fuck cares?
>>
>trusting a literal redditor
>>
>>70367135
>civil war
>edge

lel
>>
>>70366781
Nice bait.
>>
File: Fuck Tusken Raiders.png (2 MB, 1557x1205) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Tusken Raiders.png
2 MB, 1557x1205
>>70367139
It's alright, we'll have him killing Tusken Raiders for an hour. It'll be fun comedy, we see how much you guys enjoy it!

-Disney Executive
>>
>>70367139
>They didn't show that bitch from GOT die either
That's because she's their Boba Fett. She's Finn's nemesis.
>>
>>70367172
How do I get a job shilling for Disney? Is the pay decent?
>>
>>70367177

It's definitely not as sharp as you.
>>
>>70367060
>>70367138
"The ending will stay the same, but the crew's fate will be implied, not shown."
>>
>>70367192
nice /v/-tier image
>>
>>70367172
You sound like you work for Disney. The thing is everybody wanted a dark and gritty Star Wars film, that's what we all wanted and expected. We expected most of these people to die. We expected Vader to be pissed off and murderous. We expected this to barely end well.

We didn't expect them to be frolicking through the woods without a care in the world while they have a Goonies style adventure for fucks sake.
>>
File: Kermit WHY.jpg (87 KB, 300x389) Image search: [Google]
Kermit WHY.jpg
87 KB, 300x389
>>70365243
>>
>>70367204
You're not even a real person right now. You're defending a movie you've never seen.
>>
>>70367264
Answer the question nerd or I'll make you regret it
>>
File: Darth Vader Comic 2.jpg (153 KB, 1183x563) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader Comic 2.jpg
153 KB, 1183x563
>>70367212
Disney isn't going to learn unless there is major outcry from this and unfortunately nobody gives a shit what we say on 4chan, we actually have to get things trending on social media sites sadly.

Disney needs to learn.
>>
Exactly what I expected
>>
lol so many butthurt nerds in this thread
>>
>>70367308
Well it's not 100% that this guy is legit

Reddit mods still waiting for his proofs
>>
File: for kids.jpg (166 KB, 1278x542) Image search: [Google]
for kids.jpg
166 KB, 1278x542
>>
>>70367361
While true, we still know for sure that the movie is being watered down and lightened up and having massive reshoots, which isn't a good sign regardless.
>>
>>70366785
How could he walk out of that. How could anyone?
>>
>>70366785
Lemme see him kill em por favor
>>
>>70367254
You wanted a good 'dark and gritty' Star Wars film, not an "I rebel" daddy issues film with The First Avenger's racial harmony team running on beaches because the creators really liked Saving Private Ryan and wanted to make a movie like Saving Private Ryan to remind audiences of the time they watched Saving Private Ryan because Saving Private Ryan is a good war movie like they want to make. There's nothing original here, just like TFA. It's a ripoff of another film, and it was going to be just as boring for it.
>>
>>70367361
We know 40% of the film is being reshot.

We know sources reporting that they wanted it to be more 'fun'
>>
File: 6ce.png (137 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
6ce.png
137 KB, 350x350
>You now realize the scene of Anakin killing the Sand people would be cut by Disney for being islamaphobic
>>
>>70367210
B O D I E D
O
D
I
E
D
>>
File: graffiti-george-lucas-2013.jpg (21 KB, 450x340) Image search: [Google]
graffiti-george-lucas-2013.jpg
21 KB, 450x340
You fans will like it.
>>
>>70367491
Making the cast be female & non white is probably why Vader killing them all tested poorly
>>
>>70366126
I'm tired of people thinking violence equals maturity, it doesnt. What makes Star Wars for kids is the subject material is not particularly deep or powerful. It's like those adolescence tales of Greek mythology.

They talk about Slavery but we never see harsh conditions for Anakin or we never see Jabba raping his favorite stripping slave.
>>
File: Vader Down 2.png (2 MB, 1052x808) Image search: [Google]
Vader Down 2.png
2 MB, 1052x808
>>70367471
>>
>>70367626
this is shit
>>
>>70366033
Fuck that fucking hack, he's the reason this shit is happening. If he hadn't fucked up Batman v Superman studios wouldn't be afraid of making dark blockbusters.
>>
>>70366725
Kek
>>
File: Ben-affleck-as-batman-poster.jpg (154 KB, 600x824) Image search: [Google]
Ben-affleck-as-batman-poster.jpg
154 KB, 600x824
>>70367562
Vader is Star Wars. He's the main character. He's the mac daddy. He's the most popular character of any movie PERIOD. They're really going to change it so he JOBS for Literally Whos????? They're insane. Kathleen Kennedy needs to fucking hang for this. I know it's not confirmed, but it's hard to see it going down any other way. Even ITT you have retards, who don't even care about Star Wars, saying "turn off your brain its a kids movie ugh dance off you and me :D!"
>>
>>70367645
Is everything shit to you? Would you rather Vader just stand there and do nothing?
>>
>>70367691
If it is true, this will blow up in Disney's faces so hard they'll likely cancel all Anthology films from here on out which means we'll never get that Ewan/Obi-Wan movie at all.

Outcry is the only way Disney will learn.
>>
>>70367663
more like if the studio didn't cut it to pieces and audiences weren't autistic.
>>
>>70367092
>MOMS GONNA FREAK
>>
>>70367691
No, for "fans" Han Solo is the main character
>>
>>70367416
The kids love this shit!
>>
>>70366211
This board is reddit. Accept it and the pain will stop.
>>
>>70367758
>more like if the studio didn't cut it to pieces
Hack Snyder should've been smart enough to realize that the studio would've never theatrically released a three hour superhero movie. He should've had the script tightened up but instead he filmed the three hour script and then clumsily cut out chunks to make it short enough for a theatrical release.
>audiences weren't autistic.
Batman v Superman was shit.
>>
>>70365243

In all honesty...That sounds absolutely fucking retarded. Disney made the right call
>>
>>70367702
I'd rather he not comically defeat hundreds of men with guns. He'd be dead in 5 seconds, I don't give a fuck if he is Vader.
>>
>>70367831
>movies aren't allowed to be 3 hours
k
>>
>>70367753
Disney only cares about appeasing three people.
1. Their investors
2. The chinks that are quickly becoming their majority audience
3. The liberal zeitgeist
>>
>>70365243
>a boogie man with magical powers
ISN'T IT ONLY LIKE 20 YEARS SINCE THE JEDI WERE WIPED OUT
>>
>>70367772
No anon, he's right. Vader in terms of merchandise, 'fans', etc. Vader is by far the most popular Star Wars character there is by a long shot. Han Solo and Boba Fett are the only two that come close and Vader's popularity still dwarfs theirs.
>>
File: Mel Gibson laugh.jpg (99 KB, 590x400) Image search: [Google]
Mel Gibson laugh.jpg
99 KB, 590x400
>>70367863
>expecting the studio to theatrically release a three hour blockbuster that wasn't directed by James Cameron or Peter Jackson
You and Hack Snyder are retarded.
>>
>>70367875
Yes. And considering we know the Jedi played a massive role in the politics of the old republic, it makes no sense that everyone would suddenly forget they ever existed.
>>
>>70367909
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>70365243
>trying to make your magnum opus a fucking flick for children

jesus fucking christ, really?
>>
>>70367909
I think Snyder might finally have his way with straight up with JL if the reception to the Ultimate Cut is much more positive than the actual movie. I doubt it though.
>>
>>70367955
Who were you quoting when you said ">movies aren't allowed to be 3 hours"?
>>
>>70367849
>comically kill hundreds of men with guns

1. He used the force to set the grenades off.
2. He has a fucking lightsaber and the force, he's a goddamn space wizard.
>>70367875
19, but a lot of these people were children and such during the fall of the republic so they likely don't remember much other than stories, Palpatine most likely destroying any trace of the Jedi he could. Hell some of them might not have even been born yet honestly. Vader at this point is just some magic boogeyman with magic powers, that's really what he's always been. Remember in ANH they comment that Vader is just a religious magician basically.
>>
>>70367976
you
>>
>>70368010
Where did I say "movies aren't allowed to be 3 hours"?
>>
>>70368033
inferred it
>>
>A New Hope begins where Rogue One ends
>everyone fucking dies
>"No, we have to make this kid friendly!" - Disney

Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>Intense war scene
>"Hey guys remember that really old videogame Modern Warfare?"
>>
>>70368058
No, I said that a studio would never release a three hour blockbuster. You have awful reading comprehension.
>>
>>70367595
>we never see Jabba raping his favorite stripping slave.

I see it all the time in my extensive collection of porn, personally.
>>
>>70367871
>2. The chinks that are quickly becoming their majority audience

Except Star Wars TFA bombed in China retard
>>
File: Depressed Yoda.gif (3 MB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
Depressed Yoda.gif
3 MB, 320x200
>>
>>70368095
then went on to say it should only make up 3 hours with tons of extraneous scenes
>>
>>70368123
Doesn't mean they won't try to capture that audience going forward. I bet you anything Finn will just die in his sleep in the first 5 minutes of Ep. VIII so China fucking loves it.
>>
>>70368003
I agree with this post
>>
>>70367458
He could stop all the blaster bolts in mid-air. If someone like Kylo Ren could stop one then Vader should be able to stop an army's.
>>
>>70368181
China likes white men, chinese people, and CGI characters. Disney missed the boat on fucking all of those in TFA.
>>
>>70368081
What do you mean by this? Seriously?
>>
>>70365813
>My hearts pounding
Bahahahaha. Get your priorities straight, jesus christ.
>>
>>70365883
Personally, I think you should die
>>
>>70368181
You realize the whole chink thing aint new right, and yet Disney still thought to cast boyega and a female lead for both R1 and TFA, and recently cast that fatasian woman as the nig's love interest

how is this "capturing the chinese market"
>>
>>70368160
Hack Snyder could've had rewrites done that would've slimmed down the script in ways that wouldn't have disrupted the flow of the movie. Instead he filmed a massive script and then had to cut out tons of scenes that were vital to the flow of the movie. Nowhere did I infer that all movies should be shorter than three hours long. Just accept that Snyder fucked up.
>>
>>70368243
Vader was able to block them with his hand, Kylo can't so he has to stop them in mid-air. Kylo also can't even Force Choke people, he has to physically Force Pull them to him to do it himself.

Vader makes Kylo look like a bitch, hence the whole "You fear you'll never be as strong as Darth Vader" line which is the truth. Even the OT goes into how dangerous Vader is to the Rebellion even by himself. I don't get what that guy is going on about honestly.
>>
>>70368413
So you just want a shorter movie, k.
>>
>>70365883
I wonder if Ultron will ever be some kid's Gaston or Jafar.
>>
>>70368466
I'm saying a professional Hollywood director should understand pacing and editing. Snyder fucked up and now tons of other people are gonna suffer because of his fuck up.
>>
>>70365883
>a classic Disney villain like Ultron
Have another (you), my friend.
>>
>>70366126

tbf the Harry Potter series is considered to be "kids" books and the 7th starts with a group of death eaters sitting around a table watching a captured teacher be tortured and she cries out to snape for help only to be killed and then fed to a giant snake
>>
>>70368522
not his fault the studio ruined the pacing and editing
>>
>>70368433
Interesting. Though maybe Kylo just enjoys gripping a bustas throat. He is a hothead that enjoys slashing at random shit out of anger after all.
>>
>>70368553
I always laugh when I see the Deathly Hallows movies in the kids section. What child would be entertained by 7.1?
>>
>>70368556
He knew that the script was three hours long but he didn't care. He knew that the theatrical cut of the movie would get fucked but he didn't care. This is 100% Snyder's fault.
>>
>>70368592
True, but his skills seem to be focused on physically holding objects in place and mind probing.

He is one of the few characters that doesn't keep his hand held to use the Force though, and the only one in the movies really. I think only a few characters in TCW/Rebels do it such as Maul and Palpatine.
>>
>>70368660
nah, more the studio for thinking worldwide audiences all have ADD.
>>
>>70368660
Maybe WB executives shouldn't have asked Snyder to cram in all that shit for JL into that movie.
>>
>>70368708
This, based Snyder just wanted to make TDKR.
>>
>>70367177
It has a suicide bomber. My point is that kids can grow update with some seriousness here and there. Not everything has to be care bears, Disney doesn't understand that
>>
>>70368693
You can keep trying to blame this on the big evil studio but Snyder has been playing the Hollywood game for years so he knew what was going to happen and he didn't take any precautions.
>>
So I was watching Predator and Terminator at age 9, but all of a sudden kids can't handle Vader BTFOing some rebel scum? Fucking Christ, parents suck these days. The kids would be totally fine, and will love the fuck out of it.
>>
>>70368708
For months you Snyder fanboys have been insisting that everything in the movie is Snyder's vision and now you're trying to blame the film being overstuffed on the execs. Top kek.
>>
>>70368763
So filmmakers should never try to do more?
>>
>>70366785
That was retarded so thank goodness.
>>
File: show me ya moves.jpg (63 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
show me ya moves.jpg
63 KB, 580x326
No matter how much Disney meddles, remember that Star Wars can always be worse than it is right now.
>>
Kids ruined cinema.
>>
>>70368881
Reminder that this is canon
>>
>>70368799
Mothers cant handle Vader. Fathers have no issue raising their sons on Conan and Star Wars and Predator. It's the alcoholic mothers that think they're good parents by mindlessly storming infront of the tv and shutting it off before passing out in another drunk stupor.
>>
File: George_Lucas_2014.jpg (882 KB, 906x1400) Image search: [Google]
George_Lucas_2014.jpg
882 KB, 906x1400
Miss me yet?
>>
>>70368859
hardly
>>
>>70368978
requiescat in piece my friend
>>
>>70368854
Filmmakers shouldn't sign onto capeshit and then try to make a massive movie that will get horribly fucked in the editing room.
>>
>>70368978
I'm sorry George

Your youngling killing scene would never he put out by Disney
>>
>>70369037
why not?
>>
>>70365456
But he's the one that sold it to Disney you retarded cuck
>>
>>70368959
Sounds like you had a pretty fun mom. Any chance she was hanging out around a lot of dock side bars in the late 80s. early 90s? Just curious, son?
>>
Fuck.
I was so excited for a dark, gritty Star Wars film, like the trailer made it out to be.

Fuck this.
Fuck that.
Fuck everything.
>>
>>70369057
Because the film will get panned and under perform, studios will panic and everyone will suffer because of their pretentiousness.
>>
>>70369113
sounds like the studio's fault then.
>>
Is it kids they're worried for.... or is it little girls.... their new target demo
>>
>>70368826
The JL teasers, outside of Flash in the Knightmare, were almost certainly executive driven. "Hey yeah let's cut some action scenes in favor of Youtube videos" is not Snyder
>>
File: 1451257531580.jpg (92 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1451257531580.jpg
92 KB, 800x600
Daily reminder that Gary Kurtz was right all along
>I could see where things were headed. The toy business began to drive the empire. It's a shame. They make three times as much on toys as they do on films. It's natural to make decisions that protect the toy business but that's not the best thing for making quality films
>>
>>70369166
Sounds like the whole mess could've been avoided if Snyder hadn't deluded himself into thinking capeshit is art.
>>
>>70369251
not an argument
>>
>>70365243
I don't get you fucks. On one hand we use Reddit as a meme to tell people to fuck off, and on the other you're happy to speculate on dubious information provided from an unverified source. Spergs be spergin
>>
>>70369271
Whatever, Zack. I hope the Justice League shoot is going horribly.
>>
>>70369475
I'm so glad i'm not as angry as you seem to be about trivial things like this.
>>
>>70368854
Batman v Superman is a fucking mess of a film. It already feels too bloated with a bunch of useless scenes at two and a half hours.

It needs an entirely new cut, not just MORE scenes.
>>
>>70369506
I'm so glad I don't idolize hacks who believe manchild trash is art.
>>
>>70369570
You'll be glad to hear the ultimate cut is rearranged then, curious as to what you considered useless scenes though.
>>
>>70369570
There were some good ideas, especially in how it approached power. But then you had doomsday, wonderwoman, justice league references dragging it down.
>>
>>70365243
>no space battles

WTF
A chance to show classic X-wings an Y-wings in combat again and R1 has NO space battles? The franchise is fucking called STAR WARS
>>
>>70369613
probably budget constraints
>>
>>70366126
Whats your point? The opening of episode 7 is the same.
And a entire solar system is destroyed, grittines doesn't go by number of people killed, it's about the way you show it.
>>
>>70369597
>the shit in africa (people already had enough reason to hate Superman for the metropolis battle, senate hearing stuff should have revolved around that
>stupid lois lane bullet subplot that adds nothing to the movie
>Wonder Woman has absolutely no reason to be there
>stupid future vision
>dude justice league trailers lmao
>doomsday in general

there are good ideas buried deep within the movie, but it's a total mess of execution.
>>
File: Untitled.png (19 KB, 412x305) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19 KB, 412x305
So I guess this all just total bullshit then
>>
>>70369763
Fair enough, i'm hoping the future/JL scenes will play a decent enough role in Justice League to warrant their inclusion in BvS.

As for Africa/bullet shit I'm sure that the ultimate cut will expand on those things, I'm pretty sure the Africa plot is more about Clark's character in response to his role as superman, but much of this was removed from what I've read.
>>
>>70365243
My dad works for Nintendo and this story is legit.
>>
when will the marvel disease end
>>
>>70366701
You are way to old to he on this board, and way too old to still care about Star Wars.
>>
>>70370030
Never.
The brainwashing is complete.
>>
>>70370030
All capeshit is equally cancerous.
>>
File: 1450061250215.jpg (106 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1450061250215.jpg
106 KB, 601x601
If this is true then fuck Disney
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 540x621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 540x621
Congrats anti-capekino posters

You ruined the potential for other kino genres from made
>>
>>70370291
Dude, the average age of /tv/ is 43. You're here forever.
>>
>>70369067
Not by choice
>>
>>70371113
i want cavil to give me a reach around haha xD not gay or anything though :PP
>>
>>70366126
TFA had a a Vader-wannabe school shooter-type kid commit patricide on screen.
>>
File: 1464730288921.png (267 KB, 524x601) Image search: [Google]
1464730288921.png
267 KB, 524x601
FUCK DISNEY
>>
>>70370291
You do know the average 4chaner is like 46 years old?

maybe you should stick with Facebook Kiddo
>>
The movie would be so good if they concluded with Vader slaughtering all the main characters in the movie after their victory with sending the plans.
>>
>Disney wants to water down and make it kid-friendly
>meanwhile, thanks to Lucas we still don't have a Bluray or good DVD of the original trilogy unedited.
Fuck them both.
>>
>>70369905
i wouldn't trust the mods of star wars subreddits with the guy's identity desu

if i were running disney's community\internet outreach, i would have installed disney employees as moderators of as many star wars subreddits as i could get my hands on
>>
>>70366427

>left the Death Star with a very small vulnerability, but a vulnerability nonetheless

It's not a vulnerability. It's a fucking exhaust port. The Death Star needs to vent shit into space. It needs a way to do that.

For the Rebellion, it was the only thing they could find to exploit on the exterior of the station. It was a long shot and would have failed without Luke having the Force.

If you listen to Wedge's dialogue, his targeting computer is only able to pick up the tower near the exhaust port. The port itself is too small for their computers to accurately hit (outside of the surface) with a proton torpedo.

Which is why Red Leader failed and Luke had to use the Force to destroy it.

It took, more or less, an act of God to exploit the "vulnerability"
>>
Is James Earl Jones still alive? Would he do the voice? Would they synth it?
>>
>>70373508
just because its an exhaust port doesnt mean it has to be one big hole.
just put a metal grid over to make the explosive detonate on it
>>
File: _1455553613.jpg (217 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
_1455553613.jpg
217 KB, 600x840
>>70368270
That's why she will be in Ep 8
>>
People get the design of the exhaust port flaw wrong in their minds all the time, they think it was just as depicted on the holo-display, a straight tube all the way down to the center of the Death Star, e.g. obviously retarded. But that display was only for the benefit of the pilots so they understood their goal.

In reality the Death Star had thousands of exhaust ports (seriously, you think one tiny 2 meter hole is sufficient for a base the size of a moon?) The flaw in the design was that one specific port was connected to enough vital sectors near the surface that an explosion inside it would cause a chain reaction-- again, a chain reaction, near the surface, that would spread throughout the entire base as it built up power, not one big single explosion in the center of the base. So yes while the design was flawed, it was less "obvious big dumb tube leading to our doom" and more a clusterfuck of crossconnected power conduits in just the wrong configuration to be devastating. The Empire itself didn't know what the vulnerability was (they would have noticed "one big tube leading to the reactor", believe me), attributing further to its complexity.
>>
>>70373803
This autist gets it.
>>
>>70373625
I bet her cunt is like a fucking vice
>>
>>70365243
so, disney is allowing vader to be more intimidating in an animated kids show than a movie made for general audiences? i mean, i know no one at disney gives two fucks about xd, but still
>>
>>70369271

yeah it is you just don't have an actual response
>>
>>70373803
Seriously underrated post
>>
>>70365921
shadap
>>
>>70366301
It's called the off button and every computer has one
Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.