[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evil Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 248x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 248x381
How come everyone says this is better than the first one? They're both great but I thought 1 had superior atmosphere and tension.
>>
>>70363064
It's more appealing, even to those who don't like horror, because it's mostly funny stuff.
>>
>>70363064
The first one looks like a student film.
>>
>>70363064
evil dead 2 is just better made and because it's essentially a remake its better than the first. you're right about the first one though, its a much better straight forward horror movie than the second but the second captures the spirit of what the entire series is about.
>>
Better props, better actors, more money, etc
>>
1 is too serious, Army of Darkness is too silly

2 hits the sweet spot
>>
>>70363400
Everyone is appalled when I say I don't care for Army of Darkness.
>>
>>70363438
Army Of Darkness is essential dadcore, but it's silly as fuck.

1 is a straight horror flick,but it has the budget of a shoestring.
>>
>>70363438
Yeah it really disappointed me. It had some funny bits, but it didn't even try to be scary and felt way too PG13.
>>
>>70363400
Dubs of truth
>>70363624
Same. I was expecting some Medieval horror fantasy (whatever that is) and instead got Middle Ages slapstick action. It wasn't even that great at it. It was a middling effort kept afloat by some Bruce Campbell charisma.
>>
>>70363438
I, too, don't really care for Army of Darkness. I don't hate it, but it's just kinda boring after Evil Dead 1 & 2. Why are the third movies always set in medieval times or somewhere completely different than in the earlier movies? Back to the Future 3, TMNT 3, Scream 3...
>>
File: evil dead 2 ash goes nuts.jpg (46 KB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
evil dead 2 ash goes nuts.jpg
46 KB, 626x352
I thought the first movie was scary as fuck when I first time saw it as a kid. Nowadays it feels very amateurish, which it is, but it does have that eerie feeling of late 70s and early 80s horror movies.

Evil Dead 2 captures the whole absurdness of the situation and has fun with it. Ash going from normal clerk to complete nutbag after witnessing all his friends die is pretty great.
>>
>>70363064
It's an actual remake of the first one except less people in the cabin
And the ending sets up for army of darkness
>>
>>70364212
I actually disliked the way 2 sort of rewrote the events of 1. Not a big deal but something that annoyed me when watching it.
>>
I really don't get why ED2 gets so much praise.

It's ED1, just wackier.

Not a fan.
>>
>>70363064
The first one was an unintentional comedy while the second one was an intentional one.
Obviously the first had superior atmosphere and tension.
>>
1 is a Horror movie
2 is a Horror/Comedy Movie and a remake of the first.
3 is a Comedy/Horror movie.
>>
>>70363064
The acting of 1 was corny as hell, but the atmosphere and tension were the best aspects of that movie.
>>
>>70366004
Fans speculate that it's related to Ash's sanity.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.