[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Curious Case of Kevin Smith
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: krampus3-1.jpg (74 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
krampus3-1.jpg
74 KB, 720x480
What went wrong? He was supposed to be the next big thing. It irritates me that he's wasting his time doing awful films like "Tusk" & "Yoga Hosers". It feels like a slap in the face to all the fans that use to look up to him. What the fuck happened?
>>
deude dweded lamom
>>
He literally sold out and became a meme unto himself. He was a 90's cult icon, now he's a fucking nerd prototype relic.
>>
This man did catch and release long before either of those movies.
>>
Kevin smith is just some fat guy from jersey who got lucky and came up in the 90's indie movie boom when they were hiring indie directors left and right like tarintino, spike lee, and that one faggot who made boondock saints whose name im too lazy to google.
>>
Red State was great. Tusk was good. I look forward to Yoga Hosers, for all the wrong reasons. Wonder if he sexualized his daughter (named after his comic waifu) or if he went out of his way to not sexualize her.
>>
>>70361996
Dwayne Dibbley
>>
>>70362001
He definitely sexualized her, which is really creepy.
>>
>>70361996
BIG
>>
>>70361780
I used to listen to his early podcasts when he talked openly about his failures in Hollywood and how "hit somebody" was going to be his final film. He did hype the hell out of it, talking about how he kept rewriting the screenplay until he was satisfied with it. Now it's 2016 and he's a goddamn joke.
>>
I enjoyed his run of green arrow
>>
He's a hyper-liberal that made Batman piss his pants. I hate him and his house nigger.
>>
>>70361780
although his recent films are trash he's literally doing exactly what he wants in life

>makign films with his friends about whatever
>runs multiple podcasts about things hee's passionate about
>does a live podcast that sells outt most of the time
>owns a comic store
>got to write comics for his favourite superheroes
>gets to write capeshit tv episodes
>wealthy
>with a woman that's not cucking him

i envy him.
>>
Dude, marijuana! I'm laughing my ass off!
>>
>>70361780
What on earth are 'yoga hosers'?
>>
What if Batman... got high on weed! And then he went peepee in his pants!

Ha ha! Yes! Truly a genius!
>>
>>70363060
JUST
>>
File: kevin-smith.jpg (57 KB, 559x558) Image search: [Google]
kevin-smith.jpg
57 KB, 559x558
>>70361824
>>70363060
>>
>>70362001
>Red State

Great film. Gonna have to watch it now.
>>
>>70361780
Did you ever see Clerks?
>girlfriend tries to get him to get a better job
>he doesn't want to, he likes his lazy half-assed one, even if it gets him shot in the end
>>
>>70363422
>shorts get lower as he gets fatter

lol
>>
>>70363422
>lose weight
>continue to dress like a morbidly obese man to maintain your image as a fat pathetic loser
He's a walking talking fucking joke and it's amazing how lucky he is because all of his movies suck a massive dick.
>>
What ever happens to Hit Somebody, Clerks 3 and Mallrats 2?

He really likes making a big deal about something before he has the funding/distribution/etc.
>>
Is he ever not making that fucking face or wearing shorts that look like they would fit a small car
>>
He's a much more talented orator than he ever was a director.

That being said, I always used to enjoy his movies. But after Zack and Miri bombed, he kinda went down the weed rabbit hole, and his work has been unfocused ever since. He has good ideas but can't put them together with any real cohesion.

I still like him though. I think it's stupid that he get so much hate for being fat and dressing funny. Out of all the reasons to dislike someone, that seems pretty fucking petty.
>>
Tusk" & "Yoga Hosers is "My smoking hot jailbait daughter and Johnny Depp's smoking hot jailbait daughter want to be movie starts, and since I'm a huge beta I'll do it."
>>
i hated tusk but it was bizarre because there were some parts of it where i'm like "this is impressive" so part of me think he still has it in him. it's just he has no confidence in himself
>>
Anyone who says weed dependency has no victims needs to look at Kevin Smith's career.
>>
>>70361780
he's been around too many Canadians
>>
Kevin Smith just wanted people to like him again. So he made Red State, desperately aping Tarantino and the Coen Brothers. People mostly liked it, so then he started to inject more of his personality into future projects.

And everyone hated his work again. So he now resides in a private bubble full of marijuana smoke and shitty podcasts.
>>
>>70362001
>Tusk was good

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

It wasn't great cinema by any stretch, but it had that real over-the-top, low-budget, rough-around-the-edges guilty pleasure feel that his stuff like Mallrats, Dogma, and the OG clerks did.
>>
I'm still pissed we'll never see the second half of Widening Gyre.
>>
>>70366769
This
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.