[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: images (1).jpg (41 KB, 719x1080) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
41 KB, 719x1080
So I just watched this movie last night with high expectations considering how """"amazing"""" the movie was. I've got to say this was probably the most disappointing movie I have ever watched. The whole movie just felt off. I can honestly say I whole heartily enjoyed the prequels much more than The Force Awakens. The movie was 2 hours long but I felt like nothing really happened nor nothing much was explained. It was just meh. I can't be the only one who did not enjoy this movie can I?
>>
>>70361044
>nothing much was explained.

This is your problem, you are a prequel babby who thinks Star Wars is about exposition.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>70361194
I have watched all of the movies, with the original 3 being the first watched. I never felt that I was "missing" something throughout those 6 movies. Force Awaken is just directed badly.
>>
>just watched tonight
>disappointed

fuck off, any star wars fan saw this months ago...
>>
>it's a review thread
>it's a guy deluded into thinking someone cares about his review thread
>>
>>70361471
I enjoy star wars but I'm not a die hard fan, so I just waited till I could download it.

>>70361530
Hey man, I am just stating that this movie was over hyped but it was awful. I kept hearing my friends rave about how good it was. It was just bad.

>oh! they got a death star
>oh! its 400x the size of the death star
>they explode it just like the first movie except with minimal effort
>>
File: image.jpg (401 KB, 1242x1385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
401 KB, 1242x1385
>>70361331
>>70361044
>>
>>70361194
Lol youre a fucking moron
>>
>>70362207
> The Force Awakens successfully recalls the series' former glory while injecting it with renewed energy

So by injecting they really mean just lazily remake A New Hope while adding nothing of substance to the SW universe
>>
>>70361044
Me, my friend and my sister watched it on opening week op. We felt ripped off.

I could write a better plot while on the crapper. Prequels were better, because the prequels were at least original.

Anyone defending rehash awakens as a decent film is simply a shit eating moron who enjoys popular things simply because they're popular, and it gives them cred. Not because they have any actual taste or criteria and are able to properly judge what is objectively good or bad.

I've yet to come across any TFA fanboy who's been able to properly explain to me why they felt the film had any merit. Meanwhile I have a laundry list of reasons why the film is not only flawed, but objectively bad, and retards just shut their ears.

I've even thought about rewatching the film, perhaps to get a better sense of appreciation for this "soft reboot" see it in a different light. But then I remember that the rehashed plot is only but half of the film's problems, and can't muster the will to do it.
>>
File: 904.gif (30 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
904.gif
30 KB, 250x214
Every person who isn't a retarded Star Wars normie blinded fanboy cuck knows this film was forgettable shit that will disappear in 5 years tops while the prequels will be remembered forever.

>muh Star Wars magic

That magic only existed because the OT was revolutionizing special effects back in the early 80s so it was all exciting to people back then. Today nobody gives a fuck anymore because even the teenage mutant ninja turtles can be brought to life with CGI and the charm is gone.

The one thing the prequels did was to expand the universe while the cuck awakens is nothing more than a fanserivce fest cash grab that appeals to the lowerst common denominator who instantly acts like pic related the moment they saw an X-wing in the first teaser trailer to say that are a huuuuuge star wars faaaans duuuude
>>
File: starwars.jpg (59 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
59 KB, 480x360
>>70361044
This was my face throughout the entire movie.
>>
>>70362689
>>70362757

Pretty much sums the movie up
>>
>>70361044
>>70362757
>>70362689
Nice blog posts faggots. Now kill yourselves.
>>
>>70363319
Basically.

I won't be watchinh any of the future SW films. SW as a franchise died when it was bought by Disney. As flawed as the prequels were in execution, at least Lucas had vision. Disney is simply a money-making machine churning out formulaic products.

Oh well, I at least have the OT to rewatch.
>>
>>70363450
OP asked a question. The question was answered. Why are you so triggered by people not enjoying your shitty film?
>>
>>70363450
>>
File: luke JUST.jpg (36 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
luke JUST.jpg
36 KB, 300x225
>>70363529
>As flawed as the prequels were in execution, at least Lucas had vision. Disney is simply a money-making machine churning out formulaic products.

So in other words, you already decided the movie was shit when Disney bought the properties and you pretend George Lucas wasn't primarily motivated by money and appealing to focus groups.

>No dude don't kill Han in RotJ, he sells action figures
>dude ewoks, so cute and cuddly we'll make a TV spinoff about them
>dude Jar Jar is great, kids'll love 'him
>dude why do you care about the babby shit in the special edition, the movies are for children lmao
>dude baby boba fett lmao, remember him!!!!!

The revisionist history you fucking Lucas shills push because you hate "le evul jews!!!11!!" at Disney is insane
>>
>>70363578
I don't even like star wars faggot. I'm triggered by these blog posts that's been posted thousands of times before. Nobody gives a fuck retard.
>muh original trilogy
>muh speshul efdects
Just fucking kill yourself already.
>>
>>70363668
I went into TFA super hyped actually. I enjoyed PotC, even the 4th one everyone hates, and I liked the Avengers and GotG. So I had high expectations for the film, especially with all the positive feedback it was getting.

However, halfway through the second act, what went from hype to "it's just building up" became a groan as I quickly realized where the film was headed.

Quit pinning the blame on Lucas, SW was never THAT good. Only Empire stands as a legit good film. The rest are a mish mash of good ideas, blended with good and bad moments of execution.

That aside, the films always had vision. They had heart, and it showed. The battles were done in epically bombastic ways. The characters showed genuine emotion. The plot, while simple, was focused. The humor was well-blended into the story (for the most part JJB was a mistake). In comparison, TFA is souless, and clearly running on nostalgia pandering, rather than taking the franchise in new directions. It just feels like A New Hope: Bigger and Better Edition™

Very simple, everyone loves to shit on the prequels, but the opening space battle in Episode III, now compare that tobthe miserable shitshow that was the climax battle in TFA. Hell, compare the the final battle in ANH to TFA, ANH had an entire build up to that climax peak. There was tension, and reason to care. Wheras in TFA, everything was just so thrown in and forced, I had no reason to care over the outcome. I didn't CARE that Han Solo died, because the target painted over his head by the film couldn't be more obvious. TFA is a plot driven film, and everything happens because the plot demands it, rather than flowing organically. You might dis the bad acting in EpIII, but Anakin vs. ObiWan had tons of emotion behind it. It was character driven, and Anakin's actions MADE SENSE.

Don't even get me started on the plot holes in TFA either.

Cont..
>>
>>70363668
Cont.

No dude, it was a shit film. I wanted to love it. I wanted Rey to stack up to Jaina Solo. I wanted Finn to get a character arc, and actual development. I wanted to see legit consequences for his actions, the plot to be driven by the characters and theur actions. I got NONE of that.
>>
>>70364051
>nobody gives a fuck
Then why are you here?
>>
>>70364237
Good post except for enjoying GOTG.
>>
Here's the difference with the trilogies

OT
>lucas: how do i bring my vision to life

PT
>lucas: how do i bring my vision to life

ST
>Disney: how do we make money on our investment
>>
>>70364394
I watched GotG expecting it to be generic overhyped trash, so I didn't take it very seriously. Thus I was surprised by who fun the main cast turned out to be. It's nit AMAZING like everyone claims, but it and AoU are the only decent films Disney-Marvel has churned out.

Unless you wanna count Iron Man 1, but iirc, that was just Marvel.
>>
>>70361044
It's shit but Disneydrones and SW fanboys are in denial.
>>
>>70361044
This.

The movie had too many plotholes
>>
>>70361044
100% with you. I hated that we waited all this time and ended with a soft rebooted New Hope. There was no excitement, no meaning, no stakes. It just...exists. And it's sad that people latched onto it like they did.

"Droid please" indeed.
>>
>>70361794
>so I just waited till I could download it
it leaked online in March you fucking normie
>>
I think it was sad how even the score felt like nothing. There's nothing memorable about it. And that's just pathetic for a Star Wars movie.
>>
>>70364499
>We're never gonna beat Titanic. Nobody can
>Jar Jar is the key to all this

Wow what a true auteur who didn't care about money
>>
>>70361044

your experience didn't match your hype

it'll happen most of the time until you lower your expectations

sorry
>>
>>70365264
>>
DUDE QUIPS LMAO
>>
>>70365508
Do you talk first or do I? XD
>>
>>70362689
Did you and/or your friend cop a feel on your sister?

Bonus points if you're all girls.
>>
>>70365672
HAHAHA
>>
>>70363529

I think a big reason TFA gets hate that has nothing to do with the actual movie is that it was made by Disney.

The Disney buyout of Lucasfilm and their immediate decision to start making SW films as fast as possible just comes off as very cold business to a lot of people. People had made up their mind, before TFA came out, that Disney SW movies are just product and not movies.

When the comparison to A New Hope started being made after TFA came out, people got very negative, especially with the idea Disney's motive was just to make product that appealed to the long-term fans who knew REAL SW was Ep 4-6. Nostalgia money. Hating The Force Awakens was the result of that.
>>
>>70364237
>>70364268
>That aside, the films always had vision. They had heart, and it showed. The battles were done in epically bombastic ways. The characters showed genuine emotion. The plot, while simple, was focused. The humor was well-blended into the story (for the most part JJB was a mistake). In comparison, TFA is soulless, and clearly running on nostalgia pandering, rather than taking the franchise in new directions. It just feels like A New Hope: Bigger and Better Edition™

80% of the people who like Star Wars only feel that way because they saw the movies as children and grew up knowing the original trilogy was as close to a universally beloved classic as has ever existed. The weird thing is if you DON'T like Star Wars.

TFA was a true Star Wars movie, in true Star Wars style. Not dismissing any perspectives here, but if you liked the original trilogy and didn't like TFA, there's a strong chance that you also wouldn't like The Empire Strikes Back if you saw it for the first time today, with no hype whatsoever.
>>
It was incredibly overrated. The Force Awakens is almost at the same level as Battle for Endor but doesn't quite get there.
>>
>>70365948
That and it's actually not a very well made movie, let's be honest. If not for the namesake and hype, all that shit would've been paraded and shredded openly.
>>
>>70366076
bullshit

I've never been a big stark warts fan and even I could tell it was off

it screamed generic hollywood with a star wars paint job
>>
>>70365948
...and it just wasn't very good.

I personally had faith in Disney, but boy was that misplaced.
>>
>>70366269
>I personally had faith in Disney
Why?
>>
File: 1461629433583.gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
1461629433583.gif
2 MB, 500x200
>/tv/ defending Episode 1.
>>
File: 1463058318646.png (2 MB, 1425x779) Image search: [Google]
1463058318646.png
2 MB, 1425x779
>>70367939
>/tv/ defening The Quips Awaken
>>
>>70361044
A lot like ghostbusters 2016 it is a reboot or a movie that shouldn't have been rebooted in the first place. Makes me wish Disney never bought the franchise from Lucas.

The prequels are bad but at least they tell the story of Darth Vader.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.