[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still don't get it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (152 KB, 2000x1060) Image search: [Google]
image.png
152 KB, 2000x1060
I still don't get it.
>>
Religion.
>>
it was all a dream
>>
File: adabisi.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
adabisi.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
nobody does
>>
>>70360681
Island had a duel nature that manifests itself as Jacob and Smoke brother. Everything else is unfortunate people getying caught in the middle.
>>
>>70360681
I guess you really are a L O S T cause
>>
File: durn.jpg (13 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
durn.jpg
13 KB, 240x240
durn
>>
They sure had the right title for this show, I couldn't follow any of that
>>
>Lindleof
All you need to know right there
>>
Jacob and the Man in black were born thousands of years ago on the island by a woman named Claudia who was on a ship that crashed into the island. Another woman kills her and takes the babies to raise on her own. She makes both the boys immortal and specifically tells MIB that he can't leave the island. Then she shows them the "heart" of the island and says that one of them has to protect it.

Later, MIB sees his actual mother and comes to hate his surrogate mother and is dead set on getting the fuck off the island. He goes and lives with the rest of the shipwrecked crew from his moms boat. These are the first others.

Jacob is appointed the new gaurdian of the island while MIB starts working on the wheel to get off the island with the others. The surrogate mother then kills all the other people on the island and destroys the work they've done to leave.

MIB kills his mother over this and Jacob retaliates by throwing him into the heart of the island, thereby making him the smoke monster.

As long as jacob or his replacements are alive and in charge of the island he cannot leave. But he also cannot kill them outright. That's why he needs a loophole. He can manipulate people to kill jacob for him by taking on the forms of dead people. He tries for centuries and finally succeeds by taking on lockes form. Execpt jacob has been brining candidates to the island to take over when this happens, which are the jack and co.
>>
I wish Aaron had been an actual thing
>>
File: 1419729290846.jpg (33 KB, 244x245) Image search: [Google]
1419729290846.jpg
33 KB, 244x245
>Jack likes Kate
>Sawyer takes her

>Jake like Juliet
>Sawyer takes her
>>
>>70362509
To be honest senpai Lost would have been better if they stuck to the "people stuck on mysterious island" schtick instead of cramming all this sci-fi fantasy stuff, or completely new plotlines out of fucking nowhere, down the viewer's throats. Abrams and Linderlof are fucking hacks.
>>
>>70362509
this is the most coherent and convincing explanation of the show I've read so far. and it just reinforces what I've long suspected, that LOST was not good television
>>
>show was supposed to be way shorter
>they artificially stretched it until it made even less sense than in the beginning

there you go
>>
>>70362130
Nice Family Guy joke
>>
>>70363256

lost is the greatest tv show of all time kid
>>
>>70362955
lost started in on "sci-fi fantasy" stuff in the first episode.
>>
>>70363771
By what metric?
>>
>>70360681
amazing show although the character of kate was a huge flaw. she was a total retard. also i hate it wenn the bad guy gets killed from an offscreen character, which was kate
>>
File: emily.png (1 MB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
emily.png
1 MB, 500x667
>>70364067
based metric, of course!
wait, what?
>>
Who had the best story?
I vote Desmond
>>
>>70361465
I USED TO READ WORD UP MAGAZINE
>>
>>70363948
>It didn't start with the Dharam Initiative subplot, time travel, or weird nebulous black cloud that is the manifestation of all the people that died on the island
K
>>
>>70360698
And science

Memes aside, it's still unironically one of my favorite Dramas I've seen this century.

But then again I'm 18.
>>
>>70364617
It was sci-fantasy the second "the monster" was introduced. The first episode.
>>
>>70365051
... so you were 12 when it started?
>>
>>70362945
Honestly, Sawyer was the most confusing character in the series.

Not just his Rakeish self but his shady, deviant attitude.

I still. Don't understand what his end game was
>>
>>70362509
But how did the surrogate mother get there, how did the wheel work, etc
>>
>>70362509
MIB did nothing wrong
>>
>>70365178
I started watching in 08/09.

Binged till the the season before last via Animax or some channel like that (I think it's called Sony spin now )
>>
>>70365298
>the show i watched when I was TEN YEARS OLD is the best show ever!!!

said everyone ever.
>>
>>70365221
His end game was to be the edgiest and most bad ass (read: cool) out of everyone he was around with.
>>
>>70365674
I watched it when it aired, can't say the rest for anyone else.
>>
>>70365279
Religion.
>>
>>70365674
There's not a year I don't watch Lost.

Animax was playing reruns for long after it stopped.

I gave the disclaimer that I'm 18, so don't act surprised you're getting a pleb reason.
>>
>>70367038

well shit, allow me to apologize. I took that completely the wrong way. Read it as "i'm a mature adult so of course I love lost!"
>>
File: x_53fbb2ee.jpg (29 KB, 331x480) Image search: [Google]
x_53fbb2ee.jpg
29 KB, 331x480
>>70361787
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.