[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GUL'DAN IS BASED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: warcraft_posters.0.0.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
warcraft_posters.0.0.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBlA4l8it4o&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>70359845
>"he will use any means necessary to ensure the survival of his race"

GAS THE HUMANS, DARK PORTAL NOW
>>
>>70359845
Yeah Gul'dan is that dude he still fucking shit up in Legion
>>
>>70359845
More interesting villain than Sauron
>>
And no one will ever know....
>>
>all these semi famous actors talking about dark portal and the orcish horde
>>
it really upsets me that they made the orc female kawaii uguu
she should have been an ugly bitch
>>
REALER THAN REAL
E
A
L
E
R

T
H
A
N

R
E
A
L
>>
ITT: WoWbabbies who didn't even know who Gul'dan was before WoD
>>
File: Sauron.jpg (430 KB, 600x806) Image search: [Google]
Sauron.jpg
430 KB, 600x806
>>70360409
No.

Both in his daunting physical form, and as an omnipresent spirit of corrupting evil, Sauron is a much richer villain than this scrub.
>>
File: pedo baba.jpg (73 KB, 390x376) Image search: [Google]
pedo baba.jpg
73 KB, 390x376
>>70359845
we all know what this is, we all know it.

Gul'dan = Mohammed
Orcs = Arabs and Turks
Fel Magic = Islam
Draenei = medieval Slavs
Azeroth = Britain
Dwarves = Germany
Elves = French
Lordaeron = USA
>>
>>70361399
> Azeroth = Britain
> Lordaeron = USA

wut
>>
>>70361430
>Azeroth = Britain
>Lordaeron = USA

Britain is getting islamised by the orcs as we speak.. USA is next
>>
File: TravisBickle.jpg (263 KB, 750x469) Image search: [Google]
TravisBickle.jpg
263 KB, 750x469
>>70360409
Sauron was actually a bit more layered in terms of motivation than just :"EVIL FOR THE SAKE OF EVIL"

He was former a blacksmith with an obsession for order and perfection. It makes sense too I guess, he's a divine craftsman who wants to impose that sort of unthinking lock-step obedience of metal onto the mortal world.
>>
Fuck what anyone says, that CGI is incredible. I'm gonna get so high and watch it in IMAX, and I've never played these games.
>>
File: wtf this shit.png (819 KB, 602x584) Image search: [Google]
wtf this shit.png
819 KB, 602x584
Ahahaha
>>
>>70361636
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>70359845
Remember when Blackhand was the warchief of the original Horde and Gul'dan secretly ruled from the shadows with Blackhand as his puppet?
>>
>>70361190
>TFW WoWbabbies don't even remember it was Gul'Dan who started the Death Knights shit by putting Orc souls in dead bodies
>TFW Dark Portal with Medivh being Merkel
>>
>>70361339
>is defeated by a 9 hour walk
>much richer villain than gul'dan
you retards on 4chan sure are funny
>>
>>70361399
That's nothing new m8, ever since Tolkien the Orcs in his works represented the Turks and the asian conquerors in Europe, Mordor being the Ottoman Empire with their twisted islamic culture representing 'dark magic'.

That they do this movie about 'orcish refugees' coming to a 'human world' with a story that some of them are good but some of them are 'evil' is funny.

>Tolkien even chose the name "Uruk-Hai" for some of his nastiest creations, fighting forces of Sauron who were a cross between orcs and goblins. This was surely borrowed from the "Yuruk", nomadic tribesmen used as auxiliary soldiers by the Ottomans. Few readers would have known that; but most would have got a whiff of something Asiatic here. For one thing Tolkien was outstandingly good at was tapping into the subconscious of our own, European, cultural history.
- Constantinople: The Last Great Siege, 1453 by Roger Crowley
>>
>>70361452
So USA is in Britain?
>>
File: frau-europa.jpg (52 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
frau-europa.jpg
52 KB, 500x413
>>70361828
>TFW Dark Portal with Medivh being Merkel
es ist time, to integrate !!!
>>
>>70361888
It makes sense given he was possessed by basically Satan at the time.

Holy shit.
>>
Just watched this... I think it sucks, prove me wrong!
>>
Why do critics hate this again? Looks good tbqh.
>>
>>70361830

>9 hours

watch the extended editions you fuck
>>
>>70361643
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
>>
File: Warcraft.jpg (58 KB, 490x616) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft.jpg
58 KB, 490x616
>>70361876
>So USA is in Britain?
huh?
>>
File: 81502-72061.jpg (46 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
81502-72061.jpg
46 KB, 600x330
>Warcraft/WoW Lore

I feel so fucking disgusting for this but I secretly, behind closed doors unironically enjoy aspects of the lore. i would only ever admit that anonymously though

My favourite films are Aguirre, Tokyo Story, and the Wages of Fear. I'm patrician but sometimes I just like jumping head first into the retarded clusterfuck that is Warcraft and WoW lore. I just like how it says fuck it when it comes to trying to tell a story with a consistent tone - the lore can never decide if it's super serious or just a big, dumb not too serious joke. It's a strange dichotomy and is a death sentence for just about any work of art but its strangely charming to me. There will be intense moments of drama succeeded by a super retarded and blatant reference to Fight Club or shitting your pants.
>>
>>70361931
You're faggot opinion means nothing, so there's no point in proving you wrong.
>>
>>70361833
the siege of Vienna is literally the battle for Minas Tirith
>>
>>70359845
I am now a #Gul'libleConsumer
>>
>>70359845
He's seriously one of the coolest villains of the last decade.

>>70361939
It's more aimed at fans so I think non-wow fans will defintely enjoy it less, but it was a great movie
>>
>>70362134
Funny how they adapted it from Warcraft 1 yet still managed to aim it towards braindead WoWfags
>>
>>70361833
Tolkien denied this. He hated the idea
>>
>>70362190
They didnt tho, they adapted it from the books
>>
>>70362190
They would be stupid not to. And it worked pretty well.
>>
>>70361833
stormfag pls
>>
>>70362190
the leap from WC2 to WC3 was way more jarring in terms of retconning the story, style and themes than the jump from WC3 to WoW
>>
>>70362083
Don't ever talk to me tasteless retard.
>>
>>70361931

What sucked, was it just boring and shit?
>>
>>70362190
I am just glad they are changing the lore here and there, cause atm, the lore is gone shit with time travel and inconsistencies. Glad Metzen realized this and started the Chronicles series.

Also glad the movies will be an universe on its own. (Duncan jones pleaded for the changes)
>>
>>70361833
>Minas Ithil was the twin city of Minas tirith which was a "Byzantine city" according to Tolkien
>it gets corrupted into Minas Morgus
>just like how Constantinople was turned into Istanbul
pottery
>>
>>70362259
I'll talk to your wife's son instead.
>>
>>70362218
>He did it nonetheless.

It has been noted that Tolkien drew heavily on the general history of the Goths, Langobards and the Byzantine Empire and their mutual struggle. Even historical names from these peoples have been used in drafts or the final concept of the internal history of Gondor, such as Vidumavi, wife of king Valacar (Gothic language).[98]

The Byzantine Empire and Gondor were both only echoes of older states (the Roman Empire and the unified kingdom of Elendil), yet each proved to be stronger than their sister-kingdoms (the Western Roman Empire and Arnor, respectively). Both realms were threatened by powerful eastern and southern enemies: the Byzantines by the Persians and the Muslim armies of the Arabs and the Turks, as well as the Langobards and Goths; Gondor by the Easterlings, the Haradrim, and the hordes of Sauron. Both realms were in decline at the time of a final, all-out siege from the East; however, Minas Tirith survived the siege whereas Constantinople did not.[98] In a 1951 letter, Tolkien himself wrote about "the Byzantine City of Minas Tirith."

- The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion by Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull
>>
>>70361339
>>70361633
>le ring to rule them all
>implying
>>
>>70362242
>stormfag pls
he is right though, orcs represent turks, ffs it is obvious since the book first came out
>>
>>70362299
His mom sucked my dick
>>
Gul'Dan sounds better in WoW than in the movie, honestly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkzoBAC-rpU
>>
File: hqdefault (5).jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (5).jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>70361399
>>70361833
>>70362339
>>70362354

this will trigger the t*rks

>truth hurts
>>
Warcraft looks like a great popcorn/adventure movie, basically meant for the big screen

i definitely wanna go see it before its run ends, but i feel no hurry to do so, haven't really been excited for a premiere in ages

most movie premieres aren't worth going to, i'd rather wait a few days than sit in a fully crowded theater
>>
>>70360802
Garona is half orc, half draenei. Regular orc women look just as ugly as orc men. Its been a part of garonas lore that she was often mistaken as looking very human like.
>>
>>70362063
It's Saturday morning cartoon fun with a universe resembling marvel in its silliness. I don't see a problem with that. If people can overlook furry roleplayers on RP servers I can overlook parts of the lore that bother me.
>>
>>70362464
> still the best thing from balkans to middle east
between slav cykas and shitskin turdists, Turks are above those
>>
We had our showing almost ruined by ten sandniggers who wouldn't shut up until security came around to shut them up, shameless barbarians were just talking out loud in their shit language.

It was almost Monkeys VS Humans in that theater
>>
This LITERALLY looks like a video game. And the villain sounds like a boring, one dimensional monster who is just evil for the sake of it.
>>
>>70362527
>shitskin turdists, Turks are above those
you are shitskin turdists, you are underneath them however for they are true shitskins you are just adopted arab/mongol mongrel ones.
>>
>>70359845
Cool viral marketing bro, but still doesn't change the fact that it's a dogshyte movie.
>>
>>70362601
Gul'dan is corrupted by the Fel magick, he really is based in the movie and does some cool fucking shit I won't spoil.
>>
>>70362672
yeah whatever bowie
>>
>>70362631
>you are just adopted arab/mongol mongrel ones

SUCK MY DICK YOU FUCKING GERMAN RAPE BABY, YOU ARE ALL OUR BITCHES; WE FUCK YOUR DAUGHTERS, WE FUCK YOUR MOTHERS, YOUR MERKEL BOWS TO OUR PRIME MINISTER, YOU ARE WEAK GAY ASSES READY TO BE FUCKED BY OUR COCKS ANANI AVRADINI SIKEYIN !!!
>>
>>70362497
There was a scene in the movie explaining that Garona is half human half orc, but that scene was cut.

If the idea exists only in the mind of the director, is it part of movie-canon? Anyway, despite the cutting of that scene, she says she has an orc mother, (in game lore it is Draenei mother and orc father) and the identity of her human father is heavily implied.
>>
File: ANGLO-SAXONS-6.jpg (598 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
ANGLO-SAXONS-6.jpg
598 KB, 1200x628
>>70362465
Here's what you do, go to a late showing on like a Tuesday or Thursday evening of the week - don't pay for a ticket. Just confidently stride into the back area past the ticket counter. They usually don't staff late at night on days that are their lowest for business. I have done this so many fucking times in at least three different places that I have lived.

In high school I would go with huge groups of people and just walk into the theatre section and hop from movie to movie after they were finished.
>>
>>70362017
Azeroth isn't the kingdom anymore.

It was retconned into Stormwind, while the planet is Azeroth instead.
>>
File: sSqVi.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
sSqVi.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>70362710
o-ok
>>
>>70362644
t. someone who hasn't seen the movie and gets all of his opinions from other people
>>
I liked beowulf when it came out, not avatar though. this looks more interesting than avatar.
>>
>>70362601
Well you're wrong just to let you know haha, sorry but even in the games Guldan is just a pawn this isn't even scratching the surface of whats to come you bitch! haha
>>
>>70362796
Dude, it's a fucking Kotick funded Warcraft movie.

I will behead myself live on an video stream if it's anything but bland trash.
>>
>>70362890
why would you just come on the internet to lie like that? You know you will never kill yourself live on video stream.
>>
>>70362939
Exactly, so you agree that the Warcraft movie is garbage. I doubt it's even better than the game cutscenes.
>>
>>70362464
I'm actually honoured.
>>
>>70362966
oh fuck off
>>
>>70359845

>How do we market this?
>We'll astroturf /tv/ instead of /v/ and use buzzwords from /sp/
>>
File: 1446391256532.jpg (27 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
1446391256532.jpg
27 KB, 600x399
they misspronounce
Draenor
Orgrim
Mak'gore

>tfw didnt get hired as a lore consultant
>>
>>70363017
Not a lot of patience for a viral marketer, my friend.
>>
File: my hair is a bird.jpg (53 KB, 450x493) Image search: [Google]
my hair is a bird.jpg
53 KB, 450x493
>>70362464
honestly, I feel bad for actual turkic people like the uzbekis, tuvans or the kazakhs that has to take all this shit and banter cause a bunch of greek rape babbys.
hell, the only reason "Turkey" identifies as turks are cause of a persianate dynasty that fled from Persia around 1100 after another turkic persianate dynasty moved in.

So they aren't even real turks but the sloppy seconds of Iran.
>>
>>70363028
/thread

I really pity the OP, he's now getting mad that nobody gives a shit about his samefagging efforts to make the movie look "desirable".
>>
>>70362966
>that projection
you know I meant you wouldn't kill yourself when you're proven wrong about Warcraft
>>
>>70362458
>Kilrogg One-Eye drinks Mountain Dewritos
>>
>>70363098
>OP wants to talk about a movie he is excited about
>HURR VIRAL MARKETER!!!!!
your autism knows no bounds
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1365x557) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1365x557
CGI looks pretty good, tbqh
>>
>>70363156
I swear I would.
>>
>>70363098

Your from the US right? They seem to be the only ones aggressively hating on this movie

I mean the movie isn't high art but it's a good and engaging fantasy flick. Far from the dogshit many Americucks want to make it out to be
>>
>>70359845
>Gul'dan is a very evil character.
>He will use any means necessary to ensure the survival of his race.
>That may be against the morals of the other orcs, but he doesn't care.
>Gul'dan is a very evil character.

Move confirmed for shit
>>
>>70363289
Please don't, you've got years of shitposting ahead of you.
>>
>>70361430
azeroth is the continent and lordaeron that is not even in the fucking movie is a kingdom on this continent.

so who was phone?
>>
The movie is leaked in french.
>>
>>70363370
>Not knowing Guldan reports to Kil'Jaeden
lol don't even comment on this thread disneyshill
>>
>>70361643
its stillbornb baby thrall

guldan literaly saved his life
>>
>>70363404
Azeroth is the name of the Kingdom, Stormwind is the capital. Azeroth was then attached to the continent and eventually the whole planet. But in the original it was just the kingdom and the movie adheres to that original lore.
>>
>>70361643
That lowres pic doesn't do it justice, it's a really awesome scene in the movie
>>
>>70363404
in the original lore of warcraft upon which the movie is based, lordaeron and azeroth were two kingdoms see >>70362017. I understand that newfags and teenage cumdrips like yourself don't know that, since they weren't born yet.
>>
>>70363404
underage fag detected
>>
>>70363034
>memetzen was this "lore" consultant

lmao
>>
>>70363502
Disney?
>>
>>70363370
hello /pol/
>>
>>70359845
>"but i need him"
such a based moment of framing and line delivery
>>
>>70363360
>Your from the US right?

No, I'm not. I'm not aggressively hating on it at all. I'm just reacting to OP's aggressive fellating of the movie.

I mean, even without watching it, I can tell that the story isn't even as well presented as it was in the games alone.

>>70363458
Looks like Fantaghiro.
>>
>>70361633
>Sauron was actually a bit more layered in terms of motivation than just :"EVIL FOR THE SAKE OF EVIL"
Ummm, no? By the time of the Lord of the Rings, he was a generic "Dark Lord" villain (albeit the first one and a "trend-setter" for all of the copycats later). He didn't have ANY personality outside of the Silmarillion. In the Lord of the Rings, he was just some far away threat that the reader never encountered and never really felt threatened by. His minions were threatening, but he himself never took action personally, and was just being an evil bastard for it's own sake at that point.
>>
Warcraft? more like Snorecraft.
>>
File: armeni.png (299 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
armeni.png
299 KB, 680x798
>>70362527
eat lead
>>
>>70363370
I always felt like if Sargeras actually conquered the universe he would turn around and wipe all the races that served him with the rest of it because he considered the present creation inherently flawed. Maybe I'm wrong, I just played WoW up until WotLK because I'm terrible at RTS.
>>
>>70364463
he's doing it because he is scared shitless of the void, he'd rather destroy everything than let the void consume it so basically, he is a fucking retard
>>
I bought the tickets for the movie today, seeing it on the 10th. Honestly i don't know what to think so far, 'professional' critics say it's shit mostly, but fans seem to love it(my first time visiting /tv/, any credible objective sources for movie reviews/criticisms?). I played WoW for 4 years, WC3 for some time before that, read pretty much all the books so i'm well versed in what happened/happens in the universe.
Honestly, i'm pretty stoked it's already out and i can't wait to see it because i love the franchise.
>>
>>70361399
Elves are literally Nordics
>>
>>70361339
I never really found Sauron that threatening though.

Mostly because we never actually saw him do shit but get wrecked like a scrub in the beginning and then for the rest of the movie he was just an eye.
>>
Just saw the movie here on Brazil

Warcraft: Friendship is magic
>>
>>70364741
No one cares, you fucking mongrel.
>>
>>70359845
He literally is the greatest villain Ive ever seen, im nbot bullshitting, he gives Zero fucks and technically has done nothing wrong.
>>
>>70364812
The power that defeats medivh is friendship. Literallly friendship.
>>
>>70364682
You'll like it as long as you realise they changed the lore in some parts to make it a better movie. I've seen some fans hate the movie because they didn't realise there would be changes, and then feeling that every deviation from game lore is a 'mistake'.
>>
third viewing tomorrow Guldan literally blew me away with how fucking violent he was this is going to get bumped to a 15 for sure in the uk, parents were a bit shook that they let their kids watch this lol
>>
>>70363370
Gul'dan doesn't go full evil until he gets tutored by Kil'Jaden, I don't think thats happened yet in the movie
>>
>>70364540
Wow, is that new? That's like some Mass Effect "Let's kill all organic life to prevent them from creating synthetic life that kills all organic life," tier retardation.
>>
Does it assume you already know about Warcraft? I'll be seeing it with people who know nothing about the games and would rather not have to explain stuff after or during the film.
>>
>>70364950
uh i don't really mind that much. if they are really keeping the movie lore separated from actual books+games lore(considering it will help the movie quality), i am fine with it. I'm just hoping for a seriously good movie videogame adaptation. I'm tired of vidya movies being shit desu, i don't really expect AC to be any good(i mean aside from the Prince of Persia-like jumping parts, even the games were pretty meh), so i hope Warcraft will hold up.
>>
File: 1464014037647.gif (736 KB, 451x322) Image search: [Google]
1464014037647.gif
736 KB, 451x322
>>70364950
I just hope that I will live to see the day when Arthas/Lich king is on the big screen.

>glad you could make it Uther
>is it truly righteousness that drives you?
>Here I stand, a lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear
>>
>>70362497
>ugly as orc men
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
File: dontgofullretard.jpg (39 KB, 451x600) Image search: [Google]
dontgofullretard.jpg
39 KB, 451x600
>>70364863
>>70365025
can't wait to see him die like a little bitch shitting his pants at the sight of sargeras
>>70365062
it happens right at the movie actually, this is why ner'zhul isn't even in it
>>70365075
yeah but there is probably some level of corruption or mind fuck going on, there is no way he is that dense
>>
>>70365186
That's a big Titan
>>
File: scooby-doo-unmasking.jpg (106 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
scooby-doo-unmasking.jpg
106 KB, 500x492
>>
>>70365218
was getting corrupted part of your plan?
>>
>>70365122
No, the general story is very easy to understand. However, if they are the kind of people who need to know all the details of what is going on, there might be some questions.
>>
>>70363034
>Blackhand is the general of the orcs

REEEEEEEEE HE'S THE FUCKING WAR CHIEF YOU FUCKING NORMAL FAGS
>>
>>70363513
>guldan literaly saved his life

Gul'dan confirmed for Thrall's godfather
>>
>>70365404
he's gul'dan's bitch, he can be called warchief or general it doesn't change that
same goes for orgrim in the future
>>
>>70361772
remember how it doesn't make a difference?
>>
>>70365025
I'm going for a second viewing next week, might make it three too. Yeah the violence was weird, some was hinted at, some was just overt, but it worked. Gonan see it again because the combat was pretty awesome and wanna spot some more easter eggs I might have missed. I just came out smiling out the theatre today, wanna do that again!
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 536x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 536x400
Imagine being those actors and having to sit there with a straight face talking about dark portals, goblin wizards named Gul'dan, and orcish hoards.
>>
Watched this today and I honestly enjoyed most of it. The only thing that annoyed me is the ending as it could have been much better if they stuck to the source material.

That scene with the king and Garona at the end was just painful.
>>
File: 1422057050645.png (14 KB, 152x80) Image search: [Google]
1422057050645.png
14 KB, 152x80
>>70365687
yeah what a bunch of fucking nerds
just think about all those actors having to sit there with a straight face with a guy in a giant fursuit talking about starships and light sabers
>>
>>70365908
I agree, I didn't know the lore for the first game. But I read after seeing the movie tonight that normally she was basically mc'd by Gul'dan and it would have worked just as well, didn't see the need for this change and it didn't go over with me too well, it did with some folks on le reddit though.
>>
This just popped up on RT. I think this is the pinnacle of Warcraft movie reviews:

>A once-in-a-generation disaster, and one of the most ill-advised and ill-conceived studio films of this modern blockbuster era.
>David Ehrlich, indieWIRE

HAHAHAHA wtf is going on with critics.

I've seen the movie and really liked it btw.
>>
>>70366356
this makes a better quote for your >>70365656 meme image btw. You're welcome!
>>
File: fel orcs are red.jpg (627 KB, 968x1494) Image search: [Google]
fel orcs are red.jpg
627 KB, 968x1494
>>70362672
>Gul'dan is corrupted by the Fel magick
This movie is so shit

Gul'dan was chosen by the legion to lead the orcs into azeroth to prepare for their invasion and to summon them

Gul'dan was a shaman who accepted the deal , he didn't became corrupted he was an evil asshole righto ff the bat

He wasn't even the main villain, in the games it were blackhand at first then Ogrim , Gul dan was doing the legion's bidding on the side while manipulating Blackhand into doing what he needed .
>>
>>70365523
It does make a difference because Orgrim has no claim to stand on. The old horde was ruled by a warrior and had some warlocks secretly in charge, but most orcs didn't know that. When Orgrim took power he just usurped the position of warchief and led the horde with some warlocks now officially not in charge.

If the original horde was never led by anything but warlocks as the official public leaders then why the fuck would they follow some random warrior? The warlock horde would just fall apart when the warlocks went out of power.
>>
first war is shit anyways, its the second one with all the fun retarded shit
>death knights
>trolls and zul'jin
>cho'gall
>ner'zhul and dentarg on wacky adventures
>deathwing and orc dragonriders
>uther and the knights of the silver hand
>turalyon and alleria
>high elves
>dwarves
>gnomes
>>
>>70366699
>faalstad wildhammer wrecking everyone in every way possible
can't wait
>>
He was one of the best bits about the movie desu

Good design, good voice, creepy-as-fuck interactions. At one point he's just chatting with Ogrim about shit n every so often he turns to this chained up human to fuck him up for a few seconds then let's him recover. Then does it again and again until he dies.

He fucks up Durotan then nukes some rebellious orcs so hard that no one even cares that he blatantly cheated the duel.
>>
>>70366699
It's gonna be a clusterfuck and they'll probably make Turalyn black.
>>
>>70366356
I checked out RT too, they're exaggerating a bit too much in those reviews, I don't know what the point of that is.

>>70366699
I don't mind a wait for this, CGI can improve some more by then. Death Knights in a movie, yes pls.
>>
>>70366699
Sounds like too much stuff for one movie.
>>
>>70361339
sauron is just an autist that wanted a perfect world.
>>
>>70362458
sounds like Yoda
>>
>>70366905
no it isn't

Second war was orcs rampaging up to Lordearon where they failed miserably and got repelled back the black portal
>>
>>70366356
That rumor of Disney paying reviewers to shit on this seem more true every day.
>>
i swear to god if they don't change it so garona and ragnar can live happily ever after i'll be mad

i like you duncan jones, learn from lotr and end it on a high note.
>>
File: Sauron_Tolkien_illustration.jpg (12 KB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
Sauron_Tolkien_illustration.jpg
12 KB, 240x234
>>70364688
>I never really found Sauron that threatening though.

When the otherwise brave Hobbits received a "phonecall" from Sauron, they turned into gibbering wrecks. I would say that he's more threatening as a concept, than some walking chesspiece.
>>
>>70363247
It really does desu
>>
>>70362873
hi Chris Metzen
>>
>>70361643

i dont get it.
>>
>>70366699
i love WC2
>>
Why don't they just kill Gul'dan?
>>
>>70368007
why don't they just kill kim jong un?
>>
btw the movie novelisation is out today, you can get it on ebook now.

I imagine it's basically got the script for all the cut scenes. I'm searching for any revelations, but I cant find major ones yet.

In the novelisation the dwarfs arming humans with guns is more of a plotpoint. They also give refuge to human refugees in ironforge.
>>
>>70361643
>Oh shit, we've written ourselves into corner by using the whole "brown orcs" retcon from WoW. How do we explain Thrall being green?
>>
File: 1421812427821.png (192 KB, 438x388) Image search: [Google]
1421812427821.png
192 KB, 438x388
>>70368288
>fel magic affects the environment greatly
>it is somehow an asspull for it to affect life
>>
>>70368368
No, it's asspull for this to be the reason Thrall is green. Just have all the orcs be green naturally like it was in the beginning instead of using the unecessary brown orcs bullshit Metzen shat out one day
>>
>>70360270
Yea when he said that I was wondering if he knew who the hell guldan was
>>
>>70359845
GUL'DAN VS JANA
>>
>>70368431
it was to show how fel magic affects things, I still don't understand why it is so much of an asspull
rexxar was brown, remember?
>>
>>70368535
Rexxar was half-ogre. Ogres are brown
>>
>>70368588
and the ogres modified by gul'dan (ogre magi) were blue and had two heads, because they were modified with fel magic, it is not fucking impossible to conceive that fel magic affects living things
>>
Why is Blackhand brown? Did he not drink the fel blood?
>>
>>70368636
Cho'gall was brown
>>
>>70368127
Medivh confirmed for Garona's father.
"Garona frowned and shook her head. "I am no orc. I am no human either. I am cursed. I am Garona."

The self-loathing and hopelessness in her voice made him ache. He regarded her for a long moment, then reached a decision.

"When I was younger...I traveled far and wide, looking for wisdom." Garona listened with her whole body, eyes wide, nostrils flaring as she breathed. Orcish concentration, he thought, and a bittersweet ache such as he had not felt for years gripped his heart.

"On my travels I met a strong and noble people, among them a female, who accepted me for what I was. Who loved me."

blah blah blah Medivh had sex with orc, orc was burned alive as a race traitor, Garona would have been burned too but was saved by Gul'dan and raised as his slave.
>>
>Using a series of rituals and an Altar of Storms created from warping and twisting the elf-magics of a Runestone of Quel'thalas to imbue Ogre enforcers with the ability and intelligence to cast spells. The experiment was a success, with the only noticeable side effect the fact that it turned the ogres’ skin blue.
>>
>>70368721
>>70368897
>>
>>70368897
Cho'gall was browm, and so is every other Ogre mage in WC2. More unecessary Metzen retconning. Why is he so obsessed with sorting people's corruption level by skin color?
>>
WE'LL BUILD A PORTAL

AND MAKE THE HUMANS PAY FOR IT
>>
>>70368712
First he doesn't, then he does.
>>
>>70366699
>>70366779
the fact that you think you're going to get any of this is pathetic.
>>
>>70369039
underrated
>>
>>70369093
This. They couldn't even get the simple story of WC1 right
>>
>>70369093
>>70369196
they didn't fuck up that much though, it was important stuff they fucked but not that much IMO
>garona
>no sacking of stormwind ending
>no kil'jaeden
>no ner'zhul
>>
>>70369286
If they make another movie is going to be about lothar and garona reuniting or some stupid shit like that and you know it.

There is no time for important lore stuff.
>>
>>70359845
Fuck this actually looks good.

Prefer his game voice though

>Driiiiiiink
>>
>>70369501
>Driiiiiiink
>not "this was not our destiny..."
>>
>>70369501
>>70369540
>movie didn't open with this scene but in the normal timeline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ
I don't understand how things so obvious go over the heads of directors
>>
>>70369588
Because blizzard didn't write the script I mean sure Metzen was their lore consultant or something but it's pretty obvious that the writers don't know about the game lore/history.
>>
>>70369627
it's a 5 minute video, surely they at least tried to learn a little bit
>>
>>70369672
>"is about monsters vs human"
>"what if some monsters are not evil"
>"in fact they are good!"
>"and some humans are bad because muh racism"
>"FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE THIS RETARDED CLICHE IS BETTER"
>>
asian bro here

chinks are getting an online version too

torrent soon ? i guess
>>
>>70369627
You couldn't be more wrong. Watch any interview with the director, he played warcraft 1,2,3 and lead a guild on WoW. You can bet Metzen was very hands-on. All the changes they made were made knowingly.
>>
>>70369818
>he is pretending to be a huge fan of the game
I know

>You can bet Metzen was very hands-on. All the changes they made were made knowingly.
and? those changes are retarded as fuck
>>
>>70369916
>and? those changes are retarded as fuck
Now you're moving the goalposts. All i'm saying is that the changes were not made from a position of ignorance.
>>
>>70370042
>le goalposting
faggot

>All i'm saying is that the changes were not made from a position of ignorance.
They were made because they don't care about the source material.
>>
>>70359845
AAAAAHHHH

CHINA HELP MY BOX OFFICE!!!
>>
>Gul'dan fanboy.
>watch the movie

Thanks for the fan service metzen.

watching him drain soul those niggas was great.
>>
>>70369731
fwiw there's no racist humans in it mr. assumption

>>70370507
I too like drain souling a poor bastard while conversing with muh warchief
>>
IS MANNOROTH IN THIS?
>>
>>70371771
I was expecting him to be shit in the movie.
he ended up being the highlit for me.

That scene was badass man...
>>
>Warcraft 1 movie
>Warcraft 2 movie
>Reign of Chaos movie, first half, ending is where Archimonde destroys Dalaran
>Reign of Chaos movie, second half
>Frozen throne movie, focused especially on Arthas

Is this viable? I don't even think they have the money to make more than 3 movies.
>>
>Amerifats haven't seen it yet
>>
>>70368288
They already retconned that by waving their hands and saying "fel magic"
>>
>>70364863
>technically has done nothing wrong
>literally eating thousands of souls
>>
>>70372943
I only want this shit to do good to see the Warcraft 3 movies. If they do it correctly, they could be actually great movies.
>>
>>70369286
>no sacking of stormwind ending

WHAT THE FUCK

HOW DOES THIS EVEN WORK

STORMWIND DOESNT GET SACKED??
>>
>>70373614
according to people, no
>>
>>70361190
What are you talking about. Gul'dan was in burning crusade in an awesome quest chain in shadowmoon valley
>>
>>70361633
Pretty words with no substance
He is just an autistic little piece of shit who get his ass handed to him by fucking hobbits
>>
>>70372943

Think Warcraft 3 three parter would do better if it did Frozen Throne and Reign simultaneously with Arthas/Thrall being basically two sides of the story.

One guy heeds Ghost Medivh's warning and travels to Kalimdor, the other disregards him and goes down the path to darkness.

part 3 is basically battle of mount hyjal and Arthas' ascension to the frozen throne
>>
>>70372943
>Movie is going to flop
>Is this viable?
Maybe a shitty sequel called Warcraft: The Dark Age with a new script that has nothing to do with the game a la Resident Evil, then it gonna flop hard and we will never hear of Warcraft in the movie industry again.
>>
>>70376015
>Movie is going to flop
I have bad news for you, anon.
>>
>>70359845
Why is it that CGI wolves never look good, even when the other stuff does?
>>
>>70377325
If it doesn't the next one isn't going to follow the game, at least not history-wise. It's innevitable and you know it.
>>
>>70377684
>implying the first movie followed the game
>>
This shit looks so awesome, I can't wait. Call me a shill I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>70377398
Because your mind knows big ass wolves aren't real.
>>
>>70369814
They just leaked the Alice sequel so I can't imagine Warcraft is too far behind. Hopefully within the next two weeks
>>
>>
>>70369814
>>70378882
there's already a leak. it's in some slanteye language though.
>>
>>70360589
>Semi famous
Never heard of any of them except Viking and the guy from 3:10 to Yuma.
>>
Gul'Dan is literally the best character in the movie, and did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1461554718320.gif (393 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461554718320.gif
393 KB, 640x360
I don't get it.
Orcs were originally green.
In warcraft 3 the orcs who drink demon blood turn red, and when they come down off the demon high they turn back to green, presumably the non-demon-influenced color.
Then in WoW the orcs who never drank the demon blood are brown, and the green ones are supposed to be the ones who drank it?
So what's up with the red ones with the flaming eyes?
I DON'T FUCKING GET IT
>>
File: chris-metzen.jpg (9 KB, 260x201) Image search: [Google]
chris-metzen.jpg
9 KB, 260x201
>>70379924
>I DON'T FUCKING GET IT
>>
>>70379441
>she sees your dick
>>
>>70369286
Didn't we see Ner'zhul in one of the trailers?
>>
>>70380053
no that was a random orc
>>
>>70379924
You need to read like 12 years of retcons.
>>
>>70379924
red ones are second dose or extreme doses, green ones are one dose or near fel magic, brown are untainted
those changed by being near fel magic don't suffer any consequences other than their skin, same with blood elves whose eyes turned bright green
>>
>>70379982
That guy can suck my puckered unwiped asshole after a Taco Bell burrito splatter.
>>
>>70380080
Oh, well its kinda silly they used Nher'zhuls iconic Skull mask for someone else.
>>
>>70380096
That doesn't even make sense considering the color spectrum... but whatever, I'll buy it.
>>
>>70379924
>>70380096
what about the grey orcs from vanilla WoW?
>>
>>70380261
those are the blackrock clan that got grey from living underground
>>
>>70380261
Blackrock and Dragonmaw from living inside a volcano. In WoD they have the same color because they lived inside a furnace and were all about blacksmithing.
>>
>>70360270
>"he will use any means necessary to ensure the survival of his race"
Gul'dan does not give an inkling of a fuck about the orcs or their survival. They're tools on his quest to achieve greater power in the service of Sargeras.
>>
>>70366683
What the fuck are you talking about? Blackhand was the official leader, but was a puppet. Then Orgrim killed Blackhand, and most of the Shadow Council, and ruled. To the common rank and file orc, nothing except a change of leadership occurred. Before it was Blackhand, now it's Doomhammer. They didn't know about Blackhand being a puppet.
>>
>>70359845
Looks pretty decent tbf.

I wish there were animated movies aimed more at adults.
>>
>>70362317
>the lore is gone shit with time travel
No. WoD is a completely separate timeline.
>>
>>70359845
BASED ON WHAT? fucking shit OP
>>
>>70362458
Movie Gul'dan sounds like he has a piece of cloth in his mouth. It's so weird.
>>
>>70359845
DRAENEI GENOCIDE

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
>>
>>70380770
Oh but you forgot they have to drive the narrative that protecting your race is bad.
>>
>>70379924
Let me summarise for you

>Brown Orc
Normal

>Red Orc
High off their tits on fel magic

>Green Orc
Carries the taint of Fel Magic, gets passed down the genes

>Grey Orc
I can't even remember but some orcs are grey
>>
>>70360409
Their both pretty awful.
>>
>>70380770
Actually, he ultimately wants to surpass Sargeras and all the demons in terms of raw power.
>>
>>70360802
Orc females never looked too bad in Warcraft.
>>
>>70361339
Sauron was a threatening presense in the old LOTR cartoon adaptation, but in PJ's movies he is nothing but a cool design.
>>
>>70360409
>mfw its true
>>
>>70361399
Nope.

Lordaeron = The Holy Roman Empire (and humans as whole)
Draenei = Greeks and other peoples that inhabited Middle East before the Arab conquests.
>>
>>70359845

wait Gul'dan is in the new wow expansion ?
>>
>ITT:nerds talking about shit no one cares about
Regardless of the lore and nerd shit the movie looks like a bland piece of shit no better than the clash of the titans remakes..
>>
>>70363115
Uzbeks are heavily intermingled with the Persians themselves. The "true" Turkic peoples are Mongoloids like Khazakhs, Kirghiz, Yakut, but the majority of Turkic peoples (Turkmen, Uzbek, Turk, Azeri) are now more or less Europeoid because of their mishmash with the Persians and the Greeks.
>>
>>70363513
That... actually makes Gul'dan a potential grey character. Nice.
>>
>>70383142
your post is about as irrelevant as your life
>>
>>70368815

wtf

how
>>
>>70366699
Trying to fit it all into one movie would be impossible though. They tried it with a novelization, and it was shitty.

Unless there are time jumps with montages of long war, adapting the Second War faithfully is impossible.
>>
>>70368815
How would she be Medivh's daughter if she was alive on Draenor before the Dark Portal was ever opened by Medivh?
>>
>>70369000
Cho'gal was a natural-born two headed ogre, not a "mass produced" one.
>>
>>70368815
There's literally no evidence, he could have been talking about any Azeroth race

Hell he could have been talking about a fucking Tauren before it could be an Orc
>>
>>70380134
Nerzhul never fucking had a skull mask
It was always just white paint

fucking normies

anyways

Now that the portal is closed and 50+ orcs are stranded in Azeroth howthefuck are they gonna do the next?
>>
>>70372943
Nope. The pre WC3 should be a trilogy of its own, with BTDP being the grand finale.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.