[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what caused the apocalypse? Also, I dare you to find a better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 17
File: the road.jpg (73 KB, 462x680) Image search: [Google]
the road.jpg
73 KB, 462x680
So, what caused the apocalypse?

Also, I dare you to find a better post-apocalyptic film.
>>
solar flares maybe
>>
I am Legend.

The Road had too much Jesus in it
>>
Yellowstone is the most popular theory, but I don't see how that would cause those constant forest fires just popping up everywhere?

Also, while it would fuck things up, the scientific consensus is that Yellowstone wouldn't be THAT bad. Perhaps some other (fictional) super volcano?

Does a meteor strike make sense?
>>
>>70359228

Can I count any film from the Mad Max franchise?
>>
>>70359422
I think a meteor strike makes sense, it's been a while since I've watched the movie, but in the book pretty much everything is dead except for a few humans, and a dog that you only hear barking.

I can't see anything else causing such destruction
>>
>>70359228
Mad Max 2
>>
>>70359527

Makes sense that it would kill all plants and animals, block the sun and make the world colder.

But IIRC from the movie, it seemed to be kind of a gradual thing. A meteor strike would cause massive damage in an instant. It would have to had its impact far from the US, I think.

Also, I didn't get those forest fires popping up everywhere years after.
>>
>>70359228
it's a metaphor.

Cormac had a young son at a really advanced age. the world dying and him being concerned about how his son is going to do without him is analogous to that.
>>
>>70359689
Yeah, the fires were started by storms in the book, lightning hitting trees and such.
>>
>>70359689
>>70359527

Remember how the blind man said something along the lines about how all the signs were there they just didn't listen, I'm guessing it was due to fucking up their environmental stuff for capital gain, seemed very preachy in that area. Maybe they caused a disaster by exhausting too much of a natural resource.
>>
>>70359228
Yellowstone erupted
>>
>>70359832
Hmm, as I said been a while since I saw the movie, but the book stayed very apolitical in that regard and fared the better because of it.
>>
>>70359527
There were a lot of humans, literally small armies with phalanx soldiers , pregnant slave women and slave chained together pulling carriages filled with loot.

The father knew about those factions and said that their movement ( as the winter aproached)meant trouble.
>>
Why are all of Cormac Mccarthy's characters running from something? Seems to be a big theme in his novels.
>>
>>70359951
>small armies

Yes, but relative to 7 Billion people, the world they inhabit is much less populated, they only come across so many people while traveling a main road across much of America.
>>
>Also, I dare you to find a better post-apocalyptic film

A boy and his dog
>>
>>70359832

Could also be a reference to Yellowstone and a nuclear war, or even a meteor. They probably wanted people to speculate a lot.

This was too massive to be some global warming or environmental thing, even someone deep into the politics of it would see that it didn't fit.
>>
>>70359411
There's nothing wrong with having religion in a movie as long as they aren't trying to shove it down your throat and convert you.
>>
Bernie's presidency.
>>
>>70360093
As you can read in the book, the human population declined rapidly after the cataclism. The author tells how the ''roamers'' were welcomed and helped at first, and after some years they were hunted and cannibalized.

There are still a lot of people left , however they are forming small comunities/ communes and nof course the roamers.

Read the book. The father and the boy always meet someone on the road,or at least they see tracks, and take into consideration they used the most safe/lonely roads.
>>
>>70359411

I didn't get any religious vibes from it at all desu.
>>
>>70359228
In the movie it's pretty clear its nukes, right. That's what the flashes are and why he had to fill the tub.
>>
>papa no
>papa
>papa no papa
>papa no
>no papa
>papa
>papa papa no

Holy fuck, this was the most annoying kid in a movie ever. Whinny little bitch. You think that living in post-apoc world would make him tougher but he acted like a pussy all the time and I felt sorry for the father that he had to deal with that shit all the time.
>>
>>70359228

bernie sanders got elected
>>
>>70360333
>the most annoying kid in a movie ever
someone hasn't seen the Babadook
>>
>>70359411
Idk how people even enjoy I Am Legend. It's so fucking neutered compared to the book, it's literally a different fucking story. FUCK this shit pissed me off, one of my favorite books since long before this turd of a movie came out (starring Hollywood's favorite house nigger) and the movie does ZERO justice

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>70359228
Trump
>>
>that kid was the future of human kind
OH GOD KILL US NOW
>>
i buy into the yellowstone thing

the earth was slowly dying, it wasn't some instantaneous thing like a meteor strike. yellowstone would kill a lot of people around it, but everyone else would die from starvation from all the shit in the atmosphere blocking out the sun . can't grow food without sunlight.

the only other thing that could cause that is nukes. if it was nukes i'd kind of expect him to have a geiger counter so he doesn't go near crazy radiation
>>
>>70360267
What are we arguing about anon, because my thesis is that most life was extinguished, I mean animal and plant life with few remaining humans.
>>
>>70360402
Fuck the source material, if it's a good movie that entertains the audience than it should be praised.
>>
File: the_road29.jpg (956 KB, 3884x2600) Image search: [Google]
the_road29.jpg
956 KB, 3884x2600
The shotgun guy was pretty cool , to be honest with you, my dear friends.
>>
>>70359411
I am legend completely butchered the entire message of the movie so that it could highlight nigger joe main character. The zombies were much more intelligent, while they touched on that a little they were supposed to be more like vampires than zombies. The title I Am Legend implied that he had become the monster that terrified these vampires who were helpless to fight back in sunlight. He's not supposed to be some savior who finds the legendary cure, he's a fuckon legendary monster that gets put down like the best he became.
>>
>>70360402

Vincent Price's was great, Heston's too campy but it was incredibly fun.
>>
File: nervous-gif.gif (936 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
nervous-gif.gif
936 KB, 500x300
>>70360498
>yfw you realize they are just going to eat him
>>
>>70360513
Fuckin beast* fuck phones
>>
>>70360528
no
>>
>>70360528
Nah, in the book shotgun man and his family take care of him, and the wife tells him about God, that's the ending. Pretty happy considering what came before.
>>
>>70360564
>this delusional

oh yeah?
>>
>>70360480
Yes, this is true , but there are still people and a lot of resources.The thing is some warbands ammased most of it and are at war with other parties for said resources and women.

There is a passage that stated that the travelling war party had carriges filled to the brim with food and supplies, carried by slaves( who were also considered food).

The thing that bugs me the most is the fact that all animals are extinct.
>>
>>70360528
>>70360564

They are just sold them because they traffic with children for pedos or cannibals
>>
>>70360598
>over a hundred pages of bleak depressing shit
>page after page of atrocity
>toss in one bright paragraph at the end and some talk about God
>lel the kids totally ok and they aren't going to eat him, right!?

Do you know anything? She was sweet talking him back to their camp. When you go to slaughter a sheep or a pig you don't want to let it see the blade/hammer. It startles the beast and ruins the meat.
>>
>>70360598
i read the book a long time ago but i distinctly remember thinking they were going to eat him at the end of the book. at the very least it's left open ended, it's not cut and dry

people like bringing up the dog to show how they aren't "evil." that dog was literally tracking them, that's how they followed them. why go through all the trouble to track someone? food....
>>
>>70360494
Wrong. If it absolutely misses the point of the source material then it should be hated for it. Take Watchmen for example, yes the directors/ultimate cut are pure unadulterated kinography. But Hack Snyder completely missed the entire point of the comic and it should be condemned as a shit adaptation for that.
>>
>>70360680
i find it absolutely hilarious how zack snyder made an almost 1:1 adaption of watchmen and he STILL managed to completely fuck it up.
>>
>>70360624
And why didn't the fucking plants grow?
>>
>>70360680
Watchmen the movie was better than the book.
>>
File: 1239767.gif (2 MB, 355x360) Image search: [Google]
1239767.gif
2 MB, 355x360
>>70360746
>>
>>70359228
economic collapse.
>>
>>70360673
>>70360676
Nah, pretty sure McCarthy wants to make sure we know that they take care of him.

"She would talk to him sometimes about God. He tried to talk to God but the best thing was to talk to his father and he did talk to him and he didn't forget. The woman said that was all right. She said that the breath of God was his breath yet though it pass from man to man through all of time"
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 315x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 315x358
>>70360772
nice arguement, retard.
>>
>>70360624
>all those slaves pushing the wagons
>women in varying states of pregnancy
>the catamites following at the rear of the caravan
>men at the front are carrying all sorts of weapons, some of which are implied to have been hammered at some forge in the north

I found that quick description of that legion to be on of the most enthralling passages in the book.
>>
Supervolcano, nuclear holocaust and metoer strike all make a lot of sense. Everything in the book and movie could be explained by all of these.

However, as someone pointed out Yellowstone wouldn't really be that bad. It's fiction, so they could ignore that little detail.
>>
>>70360746

Nigga you went too far on that.
>>
>>70360772
>I have no knowledge of film: the post
>>
>>70360746
Because of too much ash in the sky , the photosinthesis somehow stops working completely and all plants die.But that also means that in a couple of years the air will be unbreathable. And those fags in the book lived for more than 7-8 years.
>>
>>70360780
I find that extremely hard to believe. I doubt that kid survived the night.
>>
>>70360788
>>70360824
never change /tv/ never change
>>
>>70360796
Exactamundo , my friend.That was literally the best paragraph in the entire book.
>>
>>70360746
>>70360788
>>70360824
>lelele i was only pretending to be retarded :^)
>and u fell 4 my masterful ruse
>>
>>70360841
DUDE CONDESCENDING COMMENTS INSTEAD OF ACTUAL ARGUMENTS LMAO
>>
>>70360875
dude armond white contrarian zack kino memes
>>
>>70359228
>So, what caused the apocalypse?

People lost faith in God.
>>
>>70360869
I never said I was trolling you illiterate dipshit.

Never fucking reply to me ever again.
>>
The apocalypse happened because Idris Elba forgot to cancel it.
>>
>>70360837
>hard to believe

Tell that to the nigga who wrote the book

"She would talk to him sometimes about God"

Sounds to me like extended period of time spent with them.
>>
>>70360746
I take it you look at the source material the same way zack does don't you?
>DUDE THEYRE FUCKING LMAO
>DUDE SUPERHEROES MURDERING EACH OTHER
>DUDE LOOK AT ALL THIS BADASS SHIT
None of that was the point. The point was if heroes existed in the real world then they would be fundamentally fucked up people. Batman (either Rorschach or the Comedian) would be sadists that enjoyed hurting these people and they would kill without hesitation. Superman (doctor Manhattan) wouldn't give a fuck about humanity. And Wonder Woman (Silk Spectres) would be a massive cunt, and someone would have raped her, or at least tried. Zack missed that point and turned it into a regular superhero movie and glorified the action scenes, and made the heroes look like they have super strength instead of being normal people just because he thought it looked cool.
>>
File: 1460003668540.jpg (18 KB, 348x446) Image search: [Google]
1460003668540.jpg
18 KB, 348x446
How is the slaughterhouse/cannibal house scene in the book?
That shit gave me nightmares for weeks
>>
>>70360837
There are still resources in the world. The cannibals are literally lazy faggots who are too powerfull to waste time foraging/searching house to house for food and supplies.
>>
>>70360904
But you are clearly pretending to be a retard for contrarian sake. You might actually be the first person in the history of /tv/ to unironically claim that the Watchmen film is superior to the comic.
>>
>>70360947
it's pretty much exactly like the movie. i'm glad they kept that scene almost identical, that really is a fucking terrifying scene.
>>
>>70360947
Pretty terrible anon, the book has more to it than the movie, it's worth a read.
>>
>>70359951
Phalanx what page is that in?
>>
>>70360498
is that Guy Pearce
>>
>>70360947
Worse tahn in the film. The book also tells the story of some travellers and a pregnant woman. The father and the son are following them, literally trying to steal their food. Those travellers saw that they have a gun and hastily flee. in a spit over the fire they were cooking the newly born , gutted and headless, .
>>
File: agitated Nixon.jpg (43 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
agitated Nixon.jpg
43 KB, 1000x750
>>70361013
>mfw this book doesn't have chapters

I can find it if I look though

>>70361036
Yup
>>
>>70360947
>how is the slaughterhouse/cannibal house scene in the book

fucking
terrifying

>>70360921
>>70360955
I just don't buy it. As I've said before the entire book is bleak and grim and then all of a sudden that last paragraph comes and I'm just supposed to believe that this guy and his sketchy wife have been tracking him with intentions besides cannibalism? Idk.

>She talked to him sometimes about God

That could be like, a conversation on the way back to their camp, and then again later at night. And then he goes to sleep and gets the butt of the shotgun to the head and next you know he's on roasting on a spit over their fire. The kid asks if they have children and all the guy says is

>Yeah, we have kids

And that's that.
>>
>>70361063
Why is he always so unnoticeable in movies

Straight up Chameleon actor
>>
>>70360967
It is better.

DUDE AYY LMAO ENDING LMAO.
>>
Couldn't name one better, but I would say that the rover is almost, if not, just as good. Hated Robert Pattinson before that movie, and now after it I respect him as an actor so much more.
>>
>>70361013
Got lucky and found it pretty quick, it's page 91 in my paperback version.
>>
>>70361098
>DUDE IF I USE MEMES IT MEANS IM RIGHT LMAO

okay kiddo
>>
>>70361120
Never reply to me ever again.
>>
>>70359228
>>70359228
Omega man
>>
>>70361069
I suppose you can interpret it that way, but I'll hope for a better ending, even if it is more unlikely.

>>70361082
I don't know, I always get him and Ethan Hawke mixed up
>>
page 28 in this pdf

https://d3jc3ahdjad7x7.cloudfront.net/lpbU4Zp5jIUGfk6vQOUfXwNHue7GEIRBtfLUltew5EcRJX9g.pdf
>>
>>70361069
They would have eaten the dead father, and saved the kid for later.
>>
>>70360746

I'd literally strangle you with my bare hands you disgusting son of a rancid whore. I hope everyone you love dies a slow and painful death, you piece of shit.
>>
>>70361057

sheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>70361267
sorry for posting the truth.
>>
>>70359228
What was he was trying by letting the water wet all the bathroom?
>>
>>70361242
What's to say they don't come back for the father later?

>>70361180
I want to hope for a better ending. But knowing McCarthy I just can't. That ending left me with such crazy feels.

>>70361148
thanks for all them (You)s bitchboy, this is the last one you'll get from me tho
>>
>>70361207
>and lastly a supplementary consort of catamites illclothed against the cold and fitted in dogcollars

Top kek, boypussy will always be in demand
>>
>>70361099

Are you me post. also The Road and The Rover were made by aussies.
>>
>>70359228
I think McCarthy said it was because Yellowstone erupted.

>>70359422
Yellowstone would cause climate change that could be bad enough to kill people. Maybe the resulting mess was made worse by human action (like the fires).
>>
>>70361341
Why the fuck wold they waste time if they were starving. i bet if the shotgun guy was an cannibal he would've knocked the fuck out of that kid and start gutting the father and set op a smokehouse for the flesh.Not wasting time with introductions and stories about God.
>>
>>70359970
In Outer Dark they are looking for something and/or chasing someone, which is the opposite of running. And in Child of God the guy was content to stay in one place until he was thrown out and he stayed in places until something forced him out, so he wasn't really running from anyone either.
>>
>>70361354
Boypussy has been in demand for 1000s of years. Why would the End of the World suddenly change that?
>>
>>70361369
>The Rover

that's good I'm assuming, it's also got Guy Pearce coincidentally.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZsKCGE9FKU
Just posting in case any of you never watched the movie
>>
>>70360401
This.

>>70360333
Pussy children need the most attention.
>>
>>70361437
Yeah idk. The ending was too optimistic for me, especially for a post apocalyptic McCarthy novel. I just can't accept that another man carrying the fire had been tracking the man and his son in the man's final days. And whose to say they are starving? They could have people prepped and ready to eat back at their camp.
>>
i figured the forest fires were just caused by errant lightning strikes
>>
>>70360921
>Sounds to me like extended period of time spent with them.
Maybe they were fattening him up to eat him, he was described as thin in the book.
>>
>>70360401
Someone hasn't seen War of the worlds
>>
>>70361506
All in all , they were still fucked considering the fact that there were 0 living plants and trees, not to mention animals .And that the rest of the humans formed highly organised warbands, specifically trained to locate and consume the ''roamers''.

But I really don't think that the Veteran ate the kid right away.
>>
>>70361560
Yeah, he was basically Shoah thin if I remember correctly, but I really don't think that was the authors intent, I'm no lit expert, but hope and perseverance seemed to be a big theme and it would be pretty counter to just have the kid be eaten after all they went through.
>>
>>70360947

Probably one of the scariest sections of a book I've ever read. I was reading it during my lunch break at work and got really freaked out by it, even sat in the cafeteria surrounded by people.

The bit where they escape out of the cellar and then the boy is doing his 'scared dance' hopping from foot to foot and pointing outside, then the man turns and, I can't remember the exact line but it was just something simple like "There was someone coming towards the house" just gave me absolute chills, I felt genuine panic.
>>
>>70361560
i would think in a survival situation you want to eat him outright - surely there would be a massive net loss of food energy while fattening him
>>
>>70359228
sup
>>
>>70361668
I could have sworn there were still some living plants, just not much and a lot of it inedible. There was certainly fungi as they ate mushrooms.

Plus life finds a way, there are probably insects and so on to eat.
>>
>>70361668
But the first time they hit any real trouble that kid is doomed. He's another mouth to feed. If they run out of their food stores, the guy is going to feed his own kids before him. It's just not good. Whether the kid dies that night, a week later, or a hundred and fifty nights from them.

I want to think the Veteran is a stronger man with more of a hardened resolve than the father. Considering his weapon, his reloaded shells sealed with candle wax. I initially got a strong positive vibe from him. But the more I thought about it the more it didn't sit well with me.
>>
>>70360513
I am legend is just a remake of an already shlocky movie called Omega Man.
>>
>>70361724
it lacks a coherent narrative or plot arc

still rules as a fictional documentary
>>
File: ashley+roots.jpg (63 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
ashley+roots.jpg
63 KB, 400x560
>>70361724
>>
>>70361506
>Man taking care of somebody else's children

Yeah. Better a cannibal than a cuck, right?
>>
File: jungeundhund.jpg (19 KB, 250x352) Image search: [Google]
jungeundhund.jpg
19 KB, 250x352
>>70359228
l2p
>>
>>70361865
I think it makes more sense to raise a kid who is dependent on you long enough for them to become a partner who you can trust then to risk trusting a fully grown adult to keep a look out while you sleep.
>>
>>70361746
>There was certainly fungi as they ate mushrooms.

They found some dried morels.The situation is literally hopeless.

>Veteran is a stronger man with more of a hardened resolve than the father

I totally agree. Even though he didn't eat the kid right away, he will eat everyone from his party if he will be in danger of inanition.You can see it in his behaviour.
>>
While in this thread, anybody suggest some more Cormac McCarthy?

I already read Blood Meridian, and I really dig the guy's style.
>>
>>70361668
there are plants
the man finds fruits
>>
>>70361937

Too late for a proper remake due our Hollywood right now. The movie has pretty good story but so B-film budget.
>>
>>70362043
No Country for Old Men, obviously. Child of God.
>>
File: 1422707075828.gif (2 MB, 319x250) Image search: [Google]
1422707075828.gif
2 MB, 319x250
>>70360333

I'm sure you'd of been real tough in the apocalypse.
>>
>>70362068
it's perfect the way it is
>>
>>70362049
>fruits

A small bushel of rotten/dried apples in an entire dried orchard.
>>
File: md_poster.jpg (50 KB, 300x435) Image search: [Google]
md_poster.jpg
50 KB, 300x435
>>70359228
I think it's some new weapon because if it was nukes everything would be irradiated.

Also, while The Road is great, Visitor of a Museum is a much better film. It is guaranteed to satisfy both genre-hounds and art-house snobs.
>>
>>70362043
all the pretty horses is my fav
>>
>>70362068
>>70362146
Move has a perfect ending to a post apocalyptic movie

>>70362090
Thanks, is Child of God part of that trilogy he did or was that a different set of books?
>>
>>70362111

hnnnnnnng
>>
>>70362208
Child of God is stand alone and not a part of the Border Trilogy, which I haven't read at all.
>>
File: wCKczJd.png (196 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
wCKczJd.png
196 KB, 392x500
spoopy shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QXs4oMayc
>>
>>70362043
Outer Dark might be my favorite of his, kind of underrated. All the Pretty Horses and Child of God were good too.
>>
>one of the first movies I watched with my girlfriend
>before we got really serious
>hadn't fucked yet, but the deal was about to be sealed
>she invites me over for some red wine and a movie
>FUCK YEAH tonight is the night
>hey anon you decide the movie
>I choose The Road for some reason
>getting comfy, cuddling
>movie starts
>shit goes downhill
>cannibal house scene
>she says it's the most depressing movie she has seen, gets all bummed out
>special night ruined, no sex

(I did fuck her some time after, and four years later we are still a happy couple. She said that if I had just picked a comfy movie she'd totally bang me that night)
>>
>>70362208
best movie ending ever, dont think it would be possible today
>>
File: v1.jpg (163 KB, 799x1066) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
163 KB, 799x1066
You all disappoint me
This is litterally the best movie about the apocalypse....just try to prove me wrong
>>
Did anyone else find that scene where those guys were hunting that woman hot?
>>
>>70362562
Bummer, never watch anything serious with females.
>>
>>70359228
>So, what caused the apocalypse?

One of the Marvel/DC capeshit villains.
>>
>>70362868
Hipster filth, shitty when it was made, shitty now.
Wild Zero is better.
>>
File: maxresdefault-5.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-5.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>70363020
*snaps*
>>
>>70359228
Doesn't matter. Also, the movie is very bland and the book is much better
>>
>>70362974

She did like it, though, it just wasn't a mood builder.
>>
>>70361506
The kid is based on Mcarthy's son.
I don't think he wanted to have the kid die in a horrible way after he lost his father. Same like Mcarthy wishes the best for his son after he dies.
It's actually quite beautiful and all the hopeless and horrible things actually make more powerful those moments. The story itself is like that. In an apocalyptic and cruel world a man decides to keep his humanity and share it with his son
>>
>>70360914
Underrated post
>>
>>70364269

Yeah whether you're convinced by the happy ending or not, Cormac obviously intends for this books to be a love letter to his son and is supposed to be hopeful despite all the horror.
>>
>>70360837
How are you even getting that from the text, did you read the book faggot?
>>
File: conbel2.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
conbel2.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>70360780
>>70360921
>quote marks
>>
>>70364269
I honestly see and understand all that. It's just hard for me to not see that despite the perseverance of hope, carrying the fire, it's just so grim and bleak and hopeless at the same time. It's a great ending either way and this is an example why. There's a lot to both sides of the coin and one could argue it either way. Even if the Veteran isn't a cannibal or a marauder, and is a family man whose carrying the fire, the kid isn't out of danger by a long shot. The Veteran does seem better equipped for that world, more so than the father.
>>
>>70364444
Are you even reading the thread faggot? The book is atrocity after atrocity and then McCarthy throws in a noblebright ending like that and I'm supposed to just take it at face value and assumed they never encountered any cannibals, or bandits or starvation again after that?
>>
>>70362868
When I first watched it I liked it.
When I watched it a second time I couldn't remember why.
>>
>>70362868
this movie was utter trash
>>
>>70364535
Not the guy but it's an open ending. And you could see it both ways(bad ending or good ending). But in the end you expect the best to happen even if you don't what's going to happen. Just like Mcarthy with his son
>>
>>70359411
If things got THAT fucking bad wouldn't (YOU) give Jesus a try?
>>
>>70364505
>The Veteran does seem better equipped for that world, more so than the father.
Anyone else think the father was being kind of foolish and delusional at times? I felt as if there was an undercurrent of that going, and that's why at the end the guy found it really strange that they were traveling on the road like that.
>>
>>70359228
Better, as in worse circumstances... The Divide.

Better when it comes to feels... When the Wind Blows.

Better when it comes to action... Mad Max. (not the 1st)

Better when it comes to the big reveal... Book of Eli.

With all that being said, The Road is one of the best post-apoc films I've seen.
>>
This movie literally made me adore Guy Pearce.
Just seeing his face and associating him with a beacon of hope and human purity turned him into a guardian angel,
>>
>>70362111
rekt
>>
>>70360494
I actually think that it's a shit movie. But I agree that source material means nothing.

Starship Troopers is a masterpiece partly because the message is the opposite of the source material.
>>
>>70359411
>I am Legend.

What the fuck...
Shit movie, never should have been made.
>>
>>70359228
Pretty sure the book mentions scorched trees and heavy plumes of ash everywhere. I think the man even mentions a 'light' that caused it. Anyone read the road recently that can confirm this? I got the impression it was a nuclear strike.
>>
>>70367073
There is ash and there are scorched trees but they may not necessarily be connected (people could have caused fires). I don't remember anything about a light but there are other telling details like the seas apparently being dead too and no sun. It's not touched on in great detail, people just say Yellowstone because the author mentioned it in an interview.
>>
>>70359228

blood meridian was a better book tb.h
>>
>>70367157
All his other books were, I thought The Road was the weakest.

It was the most emotional though so I can see why people liked it.
>>
>>70360154
MY NIGGA
>>
>>70359411
>Too much Jesus
>Jesus is used as a metaphor throughout
>I am Legend
>A black "scientist"
>Working to help people and not just himself
>Has a dog that he doesn't use for fighting against other dogs for money
>Believable in any way
>>
>>70367292
>>Working to help people and not just himself
>>Has a dog that he doesn't use for fighting against other dogs for money
There were no other dogs and maybe he was finding the cure for himself. Relax and just enjoy the movie /pol/
>>
I'm pretty sure the fate of the kid means jack shit. Even if he saw a fish or a bug or whatever he's still fucked beyond belief even if there's some food around. If the people at the end weren't going to eat him he'll get captured eventually by people who will.
>>
>>70360402
Omega Man is one of my favourite films, watch it instead
>>
so i just watch the road and i'm pretty sure that yellow stone makes sense. there is one day sudden fire outside his house, the sky is grayed our with ash, there are earthquakes and forest fires.

the idea of all of he animals being dead is sketchy as fuck. there would still be predatory birds and fish and mountain lions and shit.
>>
>>70361369
Well that's because Aussies are the kings of apocalypsekino.
>mad max
>the road warrior (yes I'm counting both because they are completely different films)
>the road
>the rover
I think it's because Australia just naturally looks like a wasteland.
>>
>>70359228
Mad Max 2
Day of the Dead
>>
>>70365072
The divide was one of the shittiest movies I've ever seen. Worse than literal shit. I would rather watch grass grow than watch that movie again.
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.