[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spiderman Franchise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 53710b14a320b.png (49 KB, 405x450) Image search: [Google]
53710b14a320b.png
49 KB, 405x450
Okay I've had this one on my chest for years and I have to rant about this. WHY THE FUCK webshooters? I mean I fell in love with this character as child and he seemed like the coolest character in the world and then I found out he uses fucking webshooters. I mean he's names spiderman for gods sake, he got bit by a radioactive spider and he's greatest abilities are basicly just insect based. The one fucking thing that actually makes him spiderlike is fake!? I mean come the fuck on, who writes this shit this way? Fuck all this new shit the Tobey Maguire Spiderman was the best for me, he's spider webs are made from the alteration of his genetic make up instead of a stupid gadget. At this rate anyone with a webshooter can don the suit and act like spider man, I mean fuck there are tons of marvel characters with greater agility and strength and everything, His power should be biologically made webs, otherwise he's stuck with spidey sense and walking on walls...
>>
What if I told you that not all spiders spin webs
>>
Webshooters are a demonstration of Peter's scientific prowess, along with the spider tracers.

Also it was the 60s

>>>/co/
>>
This should just be fixed in the marvel universe, giving spiderman a real superhero role when th avengers are around, otherwise he will die a cheesy sidekick with no real powers or use
>>
>>70358712
The one that bit him did.....
>>
>>70358713

Thats lame, his scientific prowess should be limited to like basic forensic work like flash, otherwise why even get bit by a spider? Ironman has science as a superpower, spiderman should have spider powers and then a scientific mind to acompany them.
>>
>>70358860
>spiderman should have spider powers and then a scientific mind to acompany them.

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>70359064

In the sense that wall climbing and a sixth sense arent spiderpowers but rather general powers, he could have rather been bit by like a fucking moth or cockroach and he would have got the same result just less painful a bite
>>
>>70358746
How do you know that
>>
he's literally the fourth strongest superhero character in the comics
>>
Spiderman's real powers have always been his super quick reflexes, his universe-breaking spidey sense, and his resourcefulness, which is majorly reflected in his web shooters.
They're flavorful, but his whole character would be next to useless if he didn't have spidey senses.
>>
>>70358647
He has webshooters because he would have to shoot webs from his anus. Just like spiders do.
>>
>>70358647
You're the symbol of what's wrong with capekino fans and the reason why I've stopped reading comicbooks.

Peter Parker was a bullied geek with a honest taste for science, zero confidence and maybe a promising career. There was a time when being a geek wasn't cool and trendy like in today's irritating Big Bang Theory world. Even reading comicbooks was a reason to be bullied and left aside.

The reason why I used to read marvel over DC was because the characters showed a human side and they weren't perfect (unlike DC's overpowered Superman, flash, and even human Batman being the BEST DETECTIVE and lex author THE ULTIMATE INTELLIGENCE). Peter Parker's life went to shit the moment he received his powers because he was human and he committed a mistake that would in fact turn him into the man that would save people over being childish and irresponsible. His decisions would eventually bring good things and really bad ones. He could never graduate in college, always in lack of money and living a second life. Always selling his spiderman photos for short, because Jonah was an asshole. He'd blame himself for everyone he's lost because of his second life, including Gwen. He's lost his best friend over his second life. He's always in deep shit and he'll always be.

And he's no perfect spider, he's a human with enhanced strength and senses, proportional to the ones of a spider. And he's used his talent to create an uniform, web and webshooters. Because he's not perfect but he has applied himself to be Spiderman.

Other versions of spiderman have organic web, claws, multiple arms and whatnot. The ORIGINAL one doesn't have organic webs. Fuck the kinos. Deal with it.

I've stopped reading comicbooks because they became kino-oriented to sell kinos and people decided to erase everything and redo his past 999 times but the original story will always be Canon. Comicbooks weren't merely for making money or to promote kinos back when I still read them.
>>
>>70361143
Nope its a comic they can obvously make a character be whatever, so I have to ask, Why not just give him webs?
>>70361081
Captain America has quick reflexes, Panther has fast reflexes, fucking nick fury has fast reflexes, the spidey sense would be great if he could actually use it all the time except its just a sixth sense not a real power. Like then he should be called The Sensor. The Web Shooters make him a lot more resourceful rather than a Super Powerd human being which should be the basis of superhereos. If every scientist in the marvel universe is considered a potential superhero then the whole planet becomes a hub for everyone to be a hero not to even mention what it turns to once you consider the X-men
>>70360975
Not a Fuck
>>
>>70358647
>millenials
>>
>>70358647
You know what I want? A Marvel Adventures Spider-Man movie. Just a fun, not-connected-to-anything Spider-Man movie without all the bullshit. I miss that feeling SM1 and 2 gave me. I miss that adventure, that fun. But now let's go even further that way. We always focus on his teen drama, now let's focus on his adventures. I want to see Peter caught in a gang war of his enemies. I want to see him fight his cool more obscure opponents. I want to see him save the day while mocking the villain. I want to see villains NOT connected to God damn Oscorp, and NOT overly sympathetic. I would kill for that.
>>
>>70362067
Read the old comics instead. Why kinos?

But I do understand, everything must be done to sell other kinos or must be part of a major arch because they want to sell. Money promotes opportunities and money ruins everything.
>>
>>70361513

I here your plight, and understand the characters role in your life and the uplifting story of a geek with abilities. The Honest truth is that thats not the real role of a superhero character in any sense. He fights like 5 villains and always wins!? Cos he is a fictional character and thus just let him have his signature superpower for himself. If its just a gadget then it devalues his transformation into a superhero. As in he didnt really get that much out of it, while bruce banner goes hulk and wolverine grows claws. Peter parker can gain his powers so much more effeciantly if he doesnt have to go invent his greatest one. In fact how quick does he even do so after the bite? like instantly? Really? Thats some piece of equipment there for a high schooler to invent in a week!! Just give him the webs in the transformation and youve given spiderman Spider powers while also letting peter parker become a real hero who doesnt carry a fancy watch wherever he goes
>>
>>70358647
>WHY THE FUCK webshooters?
Because that's how it was like in the very fist Spiderman comics, dipshit.
>>
>>70362161
This is a place for us to rant a demand an old school spiderman, not this overpriced one with rocket launchers cos now iron man made him a suit with nukes, nah,
>>
File: gG6LJ.jpg (316 KB, 668x888) Image search: [Google]
gG6LJ.jpg
316 KB, 668x888
>>70358647
Y-you want semen allegory? is that what you want?
>>
>>70362161
>Reas the old comics

Dude, I read them religiously, that's why I want a movie that gets that aspect of Peter. Sure, Lee's run does have a fair amount of drama, but he was pretty good about keeping it on the back burner unless a character walked into Peter's superhero stuff.

But that's why I want it. I want that feeling in a Spider-Man movie.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>70362307
you're the dipshit
>>
>>70362067
>tfw no one knows who The Molten Man is
He was one of my favorite obscure Spiderman villains.
>>
>>70362391
>Complains why something is like it is without doing any sort of looking into the matter
>Nope better whine and complain on /tv/
>Acts surprised when an anon calls him out on his faggotness
Fucking summer.
>>
>>70362479

Its gonna be another few years before you get laid again bra
>>
>>70362431
I really like Molten Man, Hydroman, the Enforcers, Beetle, Tarantula, Black Tarantula, and Cardiac.

I actually really want Vermin in a Spider-Man movie, even as a failed copy of Connors' experiments by a third party.
>>
>>70362431
>>tfw no one knows who The Molten Man is

???

He is a classic spiderman villain from the 1960s and he has appeared in video games, spider man cartoons, ultimate spider man, etc.

He isn't part of the nemesis "sinister 6" tier of opponents, but he is about as well represented as shocker, scorpion, etc.
>>
>>70358647
>The one fucking thing that actually makes him spiderlike

Read up to here then I realized this has to be some shitty copypasta. 1/10
>>
File: Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_293.jpg (81 KB, 486x738) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_293.jpg
81 KB, 486x738
>>70362670
>I actually really want Vermin in a Spider-Man movie

It could happen. There was talk of adapting the famous 1980s "Kraven's Last Hunt" where spider-man was buried alive and kraven took his place. Vermin played a big role in that one.

They couldn't do this as the first MCU spider man film, but could do it as the second.
>>
File: laugh77.jpg (3 KB, 125x88) Image search: [Google]
laugh77.jpg
3 KB, 125x88
Face it OP, the only super hero to put your money on is the X-Man.
>>
File: stubbornchildgetout.jpg (8 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
stubbornchildgetout.jpg
8 KB, 240x200
>>70362592
>Having sex
>With 3dpd
I want all normies to get off my fucking board.
>>
>>70362222
He didn't create the web in a week, he developed the polymer for other interests and used and adapted it for his spiderman purposes. of course, realistically speaking, no high schooler should be able to do that. But then again, it's no reality. And I still think it's better than outright saying "the smartest person in the world". Wolverine's bones and claws were covered by indestructible adamantium and it had nothing to do with his mutant powers.

You say "the greatest one", but his greatest ability does not like in his webs. He's ran out of web cartridges many times and had to make it work regardless.

I'm not just projecting his geekiness into mine or vice-versa, I'm saying that it represents something to a whole generation that you, being young and clueless of how things were, can never understand.

He doesn't rely solely on his powers, but in his human abilities and heart.

I understand why you have to be objective and defend this opinion of yours, but not everything is black on white and this makes things even more interesting.

What I REALLY want to know is why having a hot Marisa Tomei as Aunt May when a great ammount of distress in Peter's life was caused because his aunt was old. And why does Peter has to be a kid, to have his story retold by the third Hollywoodian time other than "because sony versus marveldisney dispute".

I didn't even watch the Amazing Spiderman movies because I hated the casting and I knew they were going to be shit.
>>
>>70363827
I meant Does not lie in his webs.
Phones, man.
>>
>>70362979
You have to establish Vermin and Kraven before you do that, or else it's a Snydee move and kills the context. Kraven needs to have a long running rivalry with Spider-Man, and Vermin has to be established as a physically dangerous enemy.
>>
>>70362825
>Scorpion
>Well represented

Writers are faggots for what they did to him. Gargan used to be a massive threat, I hate that they turned him into a joke. It wasn't until the early 90s that he stopped being treated seriously. Before then any time he appeared it was bad news.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.