[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘The Flash’ Lands ‘Dope’ Helmer Rick Famuyiwa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: rick-famuyiwa-confirmation.jpg (57 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
rick-famuyiwa-confirmation.jpg
57 KB, 446x299
>Warner Bros has found its director for its feature The Flash. The studio has chosen Rick Famuyiwa, the up-and-coming director who on the feature front most recently helmed the Sundance pic Dope, which he scripted. He will step in and direct the film that Warner Bros has slotted for release on March 16, 2018 starring Miller, who is in starmaking mode at the studio in the Harry Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, and who also had a cameo in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice and will appear in The Justice League Part One. They will work out a deal quickly. Famuiywa is receiving strong Emmy-season buzz for directing Confirmation, the Anita Hill-Clarence Thomas HBO drama that stars Kerry Washington and Wendell Pierce as the two principal characters. The Flash script is written by Seth Grahame-Smith, who was originally going to make his helming debut but exited the project over creative differences. Grahame-Smith’s take on the iconic DC Entertainment superhero is based on a treatment by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the Lego Movie duo that once expected to helm the picture. Warner Bros is looking for the right chemical mix on its superhero picture line based on the DC Comics heroes that started with Batman V Superman, and the feeling internally was that Famuyiwa provided a vision that would resonate with young viewers and that vision was very compatible with the script that the studio is moving toward the start gate with. That vision was executed to strong reviews in Dope, the 2015 film about a young geek trying to survive in a tough Los Angeles neighborhood.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/the-flash-rick-famuyiwa-dope-dc-comics-warner-bros-1201766332/

This is pretty great news, bros. Dope was one of the best directed films from last year.
>>
looks good desu famuyiwa
>>
>>70358492
I honestly didn't think capeshit could fall any lower, become any more pandering and lazy, lose any more artistic credibility, but here we are. Here. We. Are.
>>
>>70358552
This is the best capeshit news in ages, moron.
>>
>>70358581
How so? Dope was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life; I distinctly remember feeling embarrassed for whoever wrote it. Are you one of those people who thinks pop culture references are funny?
>>
Can't wait for the scene where Flash turns to the camera and stops to explain the message that the movie was supposed to convey in a heavy handed tonally jarring way that doesn't fit the rest of the movie.
>>
Not even the real Flash
>>
>>70358623
>>70358662
I can smell your Fedoras from here.
>>
File: 1384291437685.gif (1 MB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
1384291437685.gif
1 MB, 250x198
>Dope was one of the best directed films from last year.
>>
HYPE
>>
>>70359058
SWAG
>>
They make movies for the average reddit users that's where the money is.
>>
>>70359187
The fuck are you even talking about?
>>
He's more talented than Snyder. Marvel wins again.
>>
File: 1462164972399.jpg (30 KB, 522x593) Image search: [Google]
1462164972399.jpg
30 KB, 522x593
FLASH KINO

DAWN OF UNJUSTING

TAKE NOTES MARVEL
>>
today is a good day for DC
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.