[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a name for that sort of fairytale european style of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
Is there a name for that sort of fairytale european style of movie? The idealised aesthetic you get in films like Amelie.

Or more vaguely just recommend some good, comfy European films.
>>
>>70355983
jagten
downfall
>>
>>70355983
>The idealised aesthetic you get in films like Amelie.
pretentious bullshit?
>>
>>70355983
>The idealised aesthetic you get in films like Amelie.
That's just how Jean-Pierre Jeunet movies look.

>>70356039
What's pretentious about it?
>>
>>70356101
It's subtitled. That's pretentious enough.
>>
>>70356039
Exactly. Movies meant for sissy faggots who day dream a lot
>>
Just watch more Jeunet movies OP:

Delicatessen
City of Lost Children

I think there's more recent ones too but these were based
>>
>>70356039
Can amelie be called pretentious? It doesn't even feel like it.

It's just moviebait for the kind of women that are getting older but refuse to grow up and by doing so they believe they are truly special or one of a kind.
>>
subscribing
>>
>>70356117
Nigger if you don't wish you could go on adventures and lead and interesting, fulfilling life then you're a faggot and you need to get out of here.

And don't pretend you already do as we all know that's not true.
>>
File: 061209054541_sjw1xvc0ou.jpg (207 KB, 925x500) Image search: [Google]
061209054541_sjw1xvc0ou.jpg
207 KB, 925x500
>>70355983

>Or more vaguely just recommend some good, comfy European films.

La cité des enfants perdus is pretty comfy
>>
File: 003.jpg (332 KB, 607x1024) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
332 KB, 607x1024
It's called pro-white
>>
File: skeletons.jpg (60 KB, 535x401) Image search: [Google]
skeletons.jpg
60 KB, 535x401
Literally nobody saw this film but I recommend it to people anyway.

It's a bit of a weird concept for a film, as it's people who clean the skeletons from people's closets (as in, hidden secrets, not actual skeletons), and it has that weird, dreamlike aesthetic to it. It also has a top QT in it, one of the few times I've genuinely felt bad that I'll never have a GF like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDZr2zeQIOU

Potato quality one on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epGuZv4NOH4

Dunno why I recommend shit like this as I doubt anyone ever bothers watching them
>>
>>70355983
Try the three colors trilogy, they are way better than amelie too
>>
>>70356222
Shut the fuck up fool. I've been Karatedo black belt since I was in elementary and I could very fucking well kick your ass if I wanted to puny man.
>>
>>70356531
Nice job faggot but you're still living a grey, miserable, cynical, loveless life like the rest of us on here.
>>
>>70355983
It's called magical realism and it's not exclusive to European cinema. It was originally a literary movement that started in Latin America
>>
>>70356462

>not actual skeletons

Not fucking interested then

I'll give it a shot, thanks
>>
>>70356623
I should probably say it's not as much of a comedy as it's made out to be. It's comfy though.
>>
>>70356568

That's not true...you don't know me
>>
>>70356568
How the fuck do you know? are you fucking God? - NO. I'm a fucking veteran whale looking for vengeance now you will taste my fury. Tell me your address bitch
>>
>>70356578
Explain
>>
>>70356657
>>70356675
I know what it's like. We're all the same here. Nothing to do but complain, nothing exciting ever happening. Wanting to seem jaded and aloof when secretly you're wishing there was something, anything, that would come along and whisk you away on an adventure. As if that would make you a likeable person.

When in reality even if you had the chance you'd waste it and go back to sitting on your own complaining about meaningless things with anonymous people you'll never meet.
>>
Is there a place in reality like that? Is France really that beautiful?
>>
watch chungking express.
its superior in every way
>>
>>70357104
I've been wanting to watch some Hong Kong cinema, thanks.
>>
File: midnight.jpg (338 KB, 1058x1500) Image search: [Google]
midnight.jpg
338 KB, 1058x1500
>>70355983
>good, comfy European films

Though Midnight in Paris is not European it's still a really comfy movie.
>>
>>70357386
I've never seen a Woody Allen film. Is this a good place to start?
>>
>>70355983
Why does every movie I get into have a shit ending? Fuck Amelie and her shitty boyfriend.
>>
>>70356462
sounds interesting, you saved my night
>>
>>70357386
Yes. It's plebshit but it's really comfy and fun
>>
File: great beauty.jpg (76 KB, 492x720) Image search: [Google]
great beauty.jpg
76 KB, 492x720
>>70355983

just what you're looking for
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.