[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What up yesterday's termiposters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Kyle Reese.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Kyle Reese.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
I just watched Genisys.
Kyle Reese shouldn't be played by the actor who played him, this alone subtracted much from the movie.I liked Emilia Clarke as Sarah, that was succesful casting I think the plot was a little contrived

thoughts?
>>
You actually watched it? GTFO
>>
Kyle Reese is one of the most iconic/cult characters in movie history.
>>
I thought the movie was awesome, amazing, and I don't care about the rest. They did some good shit there. I am a fan of the style of the Star Trek "reboots" and surprised that Terminator finally did something unique in the world of timelines, that isn't totally rudimentary "WE HAVE TO GO BACK" bullshit that's been done for 4 movies and a tv series.
>>
>>70353970
why?
>>
>>70354269
but didn't you feel a little pinched when JC turned out to be bad? At that point you have deconstructed the whole foundation of the movie. Not saying it was confusing and I can see your point, but didn't it feel to you that theyw ere pulling it from the hair? And what about Kyle Reese? I mean can anyone else ever play him besides Michael Biehn?

Personally, I dug Salvation more.
>>
>>70354269
oh and what about the sentimental Terminator? it's what clearly put the sequel, T2:Judgement Day below the original and for me it didn't work here as well.
>>
>I liked Emilia Clarke as Sarah
Kill yourself.
She was a terrible casting choice.
>>
>>70354368
>but didn't you feel a little pinched when JC turned out to be bad?
Who the fuck felt anything when the movie revealed John Connor was the bad guy?
It was revealed in the fucking trailers months before the movie came out.
>>
>>70355152
well she did convince me.

>>70355189
I didn't know anything about the plot until I watched it.
>>
>>70355255
>I didn't know anything about the plot until I watched it.
Good for you.
The "twist" was ruined for the rest of the world through the trailers, though.
Genisys a shit.
>>
>>70355189
>>70355255

and for the guy who said that he liked what they did in alternate timelines, it would have worked better, just off the top of my head, if they kept JC who he was.
>>
File: sarah.jpg (10 KB, 495x332) Image search: [Google]
sarah.jpg
10 KB, 495x332
sarah conna? >>70360000
>>
I felt nothing towards John Connor but Emilia Clarke sucked ass as Sarah. Like holy shit, forget any previous Sarah Connors, she doesn't look like she should be using free weights without a spotter. Her reactions are confused and the way she delivers dialogue is awful. Arny and JJ Jameson were the only halfway decent performances characterwise. That being said, it's still not as bad as 3
>>
TELL MEEEEEE

WHACHU WON
WHACHU WON
>>
File: sarahchk.jpg (12 KB, 410x452) Image search: [Google]
sarahchk.jpg
12 KB, 410x452
>>70357268
>yes?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.