[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did I just watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: snapshot_00.00.23.png (1 MB, 1480x1080) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_00.00.23.png
1 MB, 1480x1080
What the fuck did I just watch?
>>
i'll tell you when you're older, son
>>
File: critique-citizen-kane-welles.jpg (34 KB, 368x276) Image search: [Google]
critique-citizen-kane-welles.jpg
34 KB, 368x276
>"Rosebud."

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: no trespassing.jpg (56 KB, 488x358) Image search: [Google]
no trespassing.jpg
56 KB, 488x358
>>70352323
>"Well–it’s become a very clear picture. He was the most honest man who ever lived, with a streak of crookedness a yard wide. He was a liberal and a reactionary… He was a loving husband.. and both his wives left him… He had a gift for friendship such as few men have–and he broke his oldest friend’s heart like you’d throw away a cigarette you were through with. Outside of that.."

>Female reporter: "If you could've found out what Rosebud meant, I bet that would've explained everything."

>"No, I don't think so; no. Mr. Kane was a man who got everything he wanted and then lost it. Maybe Rosebud was something he couldn't get, or something he lost. Anyway, it wouldn't have explained anything... I don't think any word can explain a man's life. No, I guess Rosebud is just a... piece in a jigsaw puzzle... a missing piece."

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>70352262
pure kino
>>
the purest kino that only children and plebeians attempt to insult here
>>
>>70352323
ode to mike adriano
>>
>>70352262
a technical masterpiece but overrated on the writing side
>>
>>70352323
>most famous spoiler after Vader being Luke's dad
>and maybe Soylent Green and Planet of the Apes
>using that shitty meme now
Way to go, shitlord.
>>
>>70352964
underrated post
>>
>>70353073
I think it's sort of the opposite. The movie is unremarkable from a technical basis, it didn't invent or innovate anything, but it used techniques people had used for decades in order to tell the story better than anyone else in film history.
>>
>>70353152
Oh come on, you could see that shit miles away. The meaning is the interesting part
>>
>>70353302
>>70353152
Yeah, the spoiler isn't the point of the movie.

The point of the movie is "one word can't explain a man's life." That's why is begins and ends with a "no trespassing" sign- you can't understand Kane or anyone else. Everyone has their interpretation of him, from Leland to Susan to Bernstein.
>>
File: 9aedbccc_Rosebud.jpg (154 KB, 1023x554) Image search: [Google]
9aedbccc_Rosebud.jpg
154 KB, 1023x554
>>70352262
>>70352323
>>70352434

The Simpson's adaptation of it is one of their best episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BF3jt0juKw
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.